AZ - Timothy Romans, 39, & Vincent Romero, 29, slain, St Johns, 5 Nov 2008 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've checked and all I could find was one criminal case brought against a Tim Eugene Romans in Maricopa County in 6/1990. Idk the outcome, it states "Terminated". I did note it didn't say "Dismissed"...have no idea what the criminal case could be other than the rumor of drug dealing, but this was practically 20 years ago, when he was pretty much a young kid himself so I'm certainly going to be hesitant before using something against him from sooo long ago, but that's just my opinion....everyone else is certainly welcome to theirs :)

I do think it would be kind to realize that his wife and children may be searching the net on info on him and stumble across us, so maybe we could try and keep that in mind..they've suffered enough needless pain already IMO....just a thought

They didn't cover it all.

To be fair, we don't have an exact date as to when this interview took place. The transcript date is December 4th, although it could have been a week or two prior that the interview was conducted. Still, I agree, they should have interviewed witnesses prior to this.

Yep! If he was that great at loading, aiming, and shooting with such accuracy and speed (do not forget timing), he'd be up as a competitor in the Olympics at the young age of 8 years. IMO

LOL Not the Olympics but maybe a Turkey Shooting Contest during Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays where one shoots the bulleye target. I know I won my mom a turkey when I was 8 years old when I was high shooter in my age group and I was smaller in size than this boy. When our son became the same age he brought home a few turkeys too.

It isn't really hard to do and a child learns quick and they are very nimble and have fast reflex.

imoo

the prosecution wanting to drop one murder charge is in no way a gift for the defense. Far from it. It's so they can charge him with it when he's older.

That is why the defense wants it all in one basket.

He knows that very clearly.

imoo

Yep! If he was that great at loading, aiming, and shooting with such accuracy and speed (do not forget timing), he'd be up as a competitor in the Olympics at the young age of 8 years. IMO

Eight minutes i9s plenty of time...5 minutes is alot more than he'd need. Seriously, it wouldn't be difficult at all.

Boy, local LE really screwed up the evidence, IMO. Can the clothes even be used as evidence? There wasn't a warrant, it was the day after the murders, and they weren't even located in the house.

They screwed up by interviewing the child without his legal guardian's consent (the stepmom may act in loco parentis, but not after the father is dead. The mother had joint legal custody, IIRC, with visitation. Her rights would have superceded the stepmother's rights.

They didn't need a warrant. The homeowner gave them permission to take the items.

imoo

"The judge also denied the defense attorney's motion to appoint a therapist for the juvenile, expressing concerns over the way the motion was proposed"

This is bothering me.What do you think he meant by concerns over the way the motion was proposed?How was it proposed?

the prosecution wanting to drop one murder charge is in no way a gift for the defense. Far from it. It's so they can charge him with it when he's older.

I haven't looked at it as a gift" of any sort. I only have stated that I cannot help but wonder what has gone on behind the scenes that we are not aware of. I believe much.

I haven't looked at it as a gift" of any sort. I only have stated that I cannot help but wonder what has gone on behind the scenes that we are not aware of. I believe much.

Sorry, I must have misunderstood your post. I understood it that you meant the prosecution was backing away from charging both because they feared a weak case or something.

"The judge also denied the defense attorney's motion to appoint a therapist for the juvenile, expressing concerns over the way the motion was proposed"

This is bothering me.What do you think he meant by concerns over the way the motion was proposed?How was it proposed?

The defense proposed that anything the child told the therapist would be confidential, not subject to prosecution. I assume the judge didn't want to let the therapist escape a subpeona.

I've checked and all I could find was one criminal case brought against a Tim Eugene Romans in Maricopa County in 6/1990. Idk the outcome, it states "Terminated". I did note it didn't say "Dismissed"...have no idea what the criminal case could be other than the rumor of drug dealing, but this was practically 20 years ago, when he was pretty much a young kid himself so I'm certainly going to be hesitant before using something against him from sooo long ago, but that's just my opinion....everyone else is certainly welcome to theirs :)

I do think it would be kind to realize that his wife and children may be searching the net on info on him and stumble across us, so maybe we could try and keep that in mind..they've suffered enough needless pain already IMO....just a thought

If the wife and children stumble across us, i would think they would be pleased that others are looking into the case fairly and at all different angles. I'm sure they have nothing to hide.

It appears the judge wasn't happy with the defense request to keep anything learned in therapy confidential and not usuable in court.

It appears the judge wasn't happy with the defense request to keep anything learned in therapy confidential and not usuable in court.

That's sad.This little boy can't get the help and therapy he needs now because it could be used against him in court.Yes this case is really bothering me.

It definitely seems a conflict of interest regarding the case.

I wonder how many members of LE in this town did NOT know of the victims or the child?? Seems like such a small place, I imagine LE at least know the names of the residents, if not actually KNOW them personally! If no one was objective, they should have called in outside agencies immediately.

I wonder how many members of LE in this town did NOT know of the victims or the child?? Seems like such a small place, I imagine LE at least know the names of the residents, if not actually KNOW them personally! If no one was objective, they should have called in outside agencies immediately.

They went on a call expecting a drug overdose (due to the area , i think to qoute Off Rodriquez. When they arrived they faced a situation they normally don't have to deal with. I'm not sure if they'd even think as far of having to call outside agencies. They haven't had a murder in 20 some odd years in general.

Respectfully snipped ~

Hi Bobbisangel - I see this was a rant, so I am not taking it personally. But, I did say IF they were getting divorced. And I said I thougt it was strange he called her Babe IF they were getting divorced. I never said I believed the stories, I just said I thought it was strange behavior if the stories were true. And I continue to think it is strange behavior IF the stories are true. You might be right - it might just be rumors and if that is the case, then the behavior would not be strange.

As for the drugs - my understanding was that he was convicted on the reservation and yes it was a few years back. However, quite honestly, once a person is a known drug user/seller, you must always look at this aspect in other circumstances. Yes, some users stop. In fact many, many users stop. Some sellers stop. But some don't and in my own opinion, it seems to be that most convicted drug users/sellers have PRIOR convictions. Not always, but I can not ignore the question until I am sure that it has been ruled out.

Salem

If he was arrested in '90 as someone pointed out, that was a long time ago. IMO if he had a real problem it would have creeped up before now. Obviously you can't discount the past, but the time that has elapsed has to count for something.

I don't know what to make of the Candy story. It doesn't seem his wife had anything to gain with his death, and she apparently wasn't aware of Candy. Candy doesn't seem to have a motive either. For those reasons I don't think his wife was involved.

They went on a call expecting a drug overdose (due to the area , i think to qoute Off Rodriquez. When they arrived they faced a situation they normally don't have to deal with. I'm not sure if they'd even think as far of having to call outside agencies. They haven't had a murder in 20 some odd years in general.

ITA, just thinking if everyone knows the people involved, you can't be that objective.

I come from a very small town, about 4500 people. I have seen the exact same small-town mentality destroy a case. In fact, it's in my sig line. Very sad when LE causes more harm than good.

OE

To be honest, the only thing I'm trying to point out is that everything MAY NOT be as it seemed at first glance.

1. Some have been quick to jump on the child as a psycho because LE has a confession.

2. Some are quick to defend the wife because their wedding was just weeks prior and they APPEARED so happy.

3. Some are quick to jump on the grandparent's statement that 'if any 8year old is capable of this, he is.' Because they KNOW the boy, many say 'the grandparents should know.'

YET, we see from the video, that LE 'coerced' the confession from the child. This has been stated in news articles and on tv MSM programs, by experts in the field.

We see that there was a RECENT major arguement between husband and wife.

We see the wife out going to parties just a few weeks after her husband is brutally murdered.

We learn that it was the WIFE who said the 'boy was capable of murder' to the grandparents and they didn't agree until AFTER the boy was arrested.

We HEAR that the second victim was going to get a divorce and marry someone local.

Seeeee..........I just BELIEVE that everything is NOT as it MAY appear and the matter needs to be looked at closer. Perhaps an OUTSIDE agency should review this case. Not trying to put local LE agency down, but.........they have made a LOT of mistakes AND one of the investigating detectives is a friend of the alleged 8 you perp.

Just something to think about.
fran

AND from Comm. Avilla's interview we learn that not all bullet holes were the same:

BB: And no other shell casings? That you were aware of that were crosstalk).

TA: Not that I was aware of, hut-uh.

BB: It was a different size bullet hole in the, in the vehicle, the truck out front.

TA: I didn’t even know about that at the time. I didn’t find [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]that [/FONT][/FONT]out til, just recently.

Someone might have pointed this out earlier, but I thought the reminder was appropriate.

Salem

AND from Comm. Avilla's interview we learn that not all bullet holes were the same:

BB: And no other shell casings? That you were aware of that were crosstalk).

TA: Not that I was aware of, hut-uh.

BB: It was a different size bullet hole in the, in the vehicle, the truck out front.​

TA: I didn’t even know about that at the time. I didn’t find [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]that [/FONT][/FONT]out til, just recently.​

Someone might have pointed this out earlier, but I thought the reminder was appropriate.​

Salem​

Salem, I never saw that! I have to really go back and reread the transcripts!!! I'm such a dork reading and I think I skim by info too quickly.

It's beginning to make more sense why the DA may be taking a step back from charges. He knows that there are too many holes (no pun intented) for him to get a true conviction. And, he's right to question this case for what he has.

imho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member