AZ AZ - Tzion Maron, 8, became separated from family 6pm near entrance to Lava River Caves, NW of Flagstaff, 21 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1724329475179.png
Tzion Maron, age: 8, Height: just over 4' 2", weight: 50 lbs, hair: brown, eyes: brown, wearing: gray shirt with blue stripes, navy blue pants, sneakers

The Coconino County Sheriff’s Office says Tzion Maron was last seen near the caves' entrance around 6 p.m. Wednesday. His family reported him missing soon after.

Article says that the search continues Thursday morning after the Coconino Sheriff's Office and multiple S & R units searched through the rainy night.

According to Yeshiva World News, the boy was last seen walking with his family towards a parking lot near a forested area when he suddenly disappeared.

Local authorities have put together search teams which are being assisted by Chaverim of Rockland and Rabbi Dovi Shapiro of the Chabad of Flagstaff in coordinating a search effort.

1724330428270.png

1724330355769.png

AUG 22, 2024
CCSO says they were called to the caves around 6:15 p.m. after 8-year-old Tzion Maron became separated from his family at the caves.

Authorities say the boy was last seen near the cave entrance.

Considering this is a massive search being conducted by both public emergency search entities, and private Jewish search resources as well, it's really very difficult to find out information about the specifics. Was the entrance of the cave crowded? How long did the family search before calling for help? When was the last time they are sure he was with them? Is he a really adventuresome boy who would wander into the cave by himself?

Quoted from threwd #1
According to Yeshiva World News, the boy was last seen walking with his family towards a parking lot near a forested area when he suddenly disappeared

When I see parking lot and forested area I get goosebumps…
I pray he is just lost and noone took him

Quoted from threwd #1
According to Yeshiva World News, the boy was last seen walking with his family towards a parking lot near a forested area when he suddenly disappeared

When I see parking lot and forested area I get goosebumps…
I pray he is just lost and noone took him
I wonder why the media is saying two different things. It seems you'd search for a lost child who was last seen at the mouth of the cave in a different way than you'd search for a child who was last seen in a parking lot.

BALTIMORE — A young boy from Baltimore is missing in Arizona.

The Coconino County Sheriff's Office said 8-year-old Tzion Maron was last seen Wednesday night at the Lava River Caves.

The school issued a statement which read in part, "Tzion Maron, son of beloved high school teacher, Mrs. Rivka Maron, is in need of Tefillos [prayers]. He was on a trip in Arizona with his family and has been missing since yesterday evening. Search efforts are underway."

A gathering to recite Psalms in prayer for his safe return has been scheduled Thursday at the synagogue Bais Haknesses Ohr HaChaim on Clarks Lane at 7:15pm.

I wonder why the media is saying two different things. It seems you'd search for a lost child who was last seen at the mouth of the cave in a different way than you'd search for a child who was last seen in a parking lot.
I dug around to see reviews of the cave to get some details and see if it is busy. It is pretty much out and back and uniform throughout so it doesn't seem like he could have gotten lost as you could in a cave with lots of branches - may people go there with kids. It does seem as if the parking lot sometimes gets crowded so that there might have been other people there.

MOO I wonder if Tzion was at the mouth of the cave because he was too afraid to go into the cave and waited outside, which provided an opportunity when someone saw an unattended young child.

ETA - The outpouring from the community has been amazing - I think if he is in the cave he will be found and could likely survive for a day or two. If he isn't in the cave, I'd be very, very worried.

Last edited:

Hatzolah Air has joined the effort and has flown a plane piloted by its CEO Eli Rowe with a team of highly trained search-and-rescue professionals from Rockland Chaveirim and advanced equipment. The aircraft landed in Arizona just before 10:15 AM, with the team expected to join the ongoing search within the hour.

Sheriff Louis Falco of Rockland County Sheriff personally called the Coconino County Sheriff’s Department to apprise local law enforcement what Rockland Chaveirim is and does so that the process of incorporating them into the search mission goes smoothly.

In addition, Rockland Police Liaison Hershy Margaretten and Rockland Chaveirim Coordinator Yossi Margaretten have been intimately involved with the efforts, coordinating between law enforcement in Rockland and Arizona to ensure the success of the search team’s emergency deployment.

Additionally, Hatzolah of Los Angeles is driving a mobile command center to the scene, and numerous volunteers are heading to the scene. Rabbi Dovi Shapiro from Chabad of Flagstaff and Rabbi Moshe Lobal, a rav in Scottsdale, are at the scene as well, assisting the family and coordinating with law enforcement.

A team of volunteers from various Baltimore organizations has been assembled to head out to Arizona to join the search. An urgent fundraiser has been launched to assist with associated expenses. Click here to donate.

I dug around to see reviews of the cave to get some details and see if it is busy. It is pretty much out and back and uniform throughout so it doesn't seem like he could have gotten lost as you could in a cave with lots of branches - may people go there with kids. It does seem as if the parking lot sometimes gets crowded so that there might have been other people there.

MOO I wonder if Tzion was at the mouth of the cave because he was too afraid to go into the cave and waited outside, which provided an opportunity when someone saw an unattended young child.
I was thinking maybe they parked and he ran ahead, it seemed kind of late in the day 6:15 but there is still plenty of sunlight.

Hatzolah Air has joined the effort and has flown a plane piloted by its CEO Eli Rowe with a team of highly trained search-and-rescue professionals from Rockland Chaveirim and advanced equipment. The aircraft landed in Arizona just before 10:15 AM, with the team expected to join the ongoing search within the hour.

Sheriff Louis Falco of Rockland County Sheriff personally called the Coconino County Sheriff’s Department to apprise local law enforcement what Rockland Chaveirim is and does so that the process of incorporating them into the search mission goes smoothly.

In addition, Rockland Police Liaison Hershy Margaretten and Rockland Chaveirim Coordinator Yossi Margaretten have been intimately involved with the efforts, coordinating between law enforcement in Rockland and Arizona to ensure the success of the search team’s emergency deployment.

Additionally, Hatzolah of Los Angeles is driving a mobile command center to the scene, and numerous volunteers are heading to the scene. Rabbi Dovi Shapiro from Chabad of Flagstaff and Rabbi Moshe Lobal, a rav in Scottsdale, are at the scene as well, assisting the family and coordinating with law enforcement.

A team of volunteers from various Baltimore organizations has been assembled to head out to Arizona to join the search. An urgent fundraiser has been launched to assist with associated expenses. Click here to donate.
what an amazing community effort, hopefully this helps the drain on local authorities dealing with two missing children.

He maybe got distracted and followed an animal into the forest and got lost? It cannot be that his absence went unnoticed for long, so they would have found him if he remained around there.
Was it raining at that moment? Did he head back to the car and got abducted from there?

Could actually be that both are correct. 6:15 pm seems late to wander in a cave. Maybe they were at the entrance, but afyer having visited the caves already, and hence heading back towards the parking to leave to go dine. This would make sense, maybe he run upfront and they lost him.
6h15 seems too late to start visiting a cave with a small child

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cassie1678
Back