Identified! AZ - Yavapai Co, 'Little Miss Nobody', WhtFem 6-7, UP10741, Jul'60 - Sharon Lee Gallegos

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This case isn't cold, its completely frozen over. Is anyone apart from a few strangers on the internet doing anything about this case?

Sadly, I think that for many unidentified people, there are not enough resources to stretch far enough to spend real dedicated time on seeking permission to exhume bodies long buried. For our Little Miss, there are not many missing children listed that fit the timeframe. Namus has no rule outs that we can see but again, I believe that is more because they are spending time looking for what they can, when they can. It's a good thing that a few strangers can get together and try to help give them names. We only have around 22 million people in Australia, the US has about 324 million I just cannot imagine how much work LE have to do. My mind boggles.

We know that whoever tried to conceal LMN's body went out of their way to ensure that she/her was never found. Had that family not been *searching for rocks by chance*, the concealers would have succeeded. They knew what they were doing.

This case is so cold it's a solid block of ice. LMN deserves better.

When you consider how isolated the place when she was found is, you have to believe that someone went out of their way, in more ways than one, to try and ensure her body would never be found.

And yet she was. Within a few weeks of her death.

One thing I find difficult, coming to these sorts of cases as a Brit, is the sheer flukery of whether those who go missing in these vast landscapes are ever found at all, and if they are, how quickly.

I've not been able to find this particular spot using Google maps (if someone can help me identify it I'd be really grateful) but it does sound very isolated even if not too far from a road. She could have lain there for years, even decades and never been found at all, especially if her remains had been washed away following a storm. Yet for all the spot's remoteness she was found within a few weeks.

And yet she was. Within a few weeks of her death.

One thing I find difficult, coming to these sorts of cases as a Brit, is the sheer flukery of whether those who go missing in these vast landscapes are ever found at all, and if they are, how quickly.

I've not been able to find this particular spot using Google maps (if someone can help me identify it I'd be really grateful) but it does sound very isolated even if not too far from a road. She could have lain there for years, even decades and never been found at all, especially if her remains had been washed away following a storm. Yet for all the spot's remoteness she was found within a few weeks.

Could have sworn we mapped it but did not see it doing a scan of her thread.

I don't remember anyone bringing up this missing little girl from Canada before. Timeline fits, and with all our discussion about "full and perfect set of baby teeth" indicating that LMN might be younger than the estimated age of 6-7. Don't kidnappers dye their victims hair?

Bette-Jean's as she was called, hair is listed as blonde. Her teeth are described as "fine" ,whatever that means. She is listed with blue eyes. LMN's eye color is unknown.

Edna Bette-Jean Masters went missing on July 3, 1960 in the Red Lakes area of Canada. She was 2 ft., 7 inches tall, aged 21 months. She was last seen "playing with friends and family at a friend's residence." The Red Lake area is 45 miles NW of Kamloops, British Columbia. LMN was discovered in AZ at the end of July 1960.

Just MOO, but 2 ft. 7 in. sounds awfully tall for a child aged almost 2 years.

https://www.services.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/missing-disparus/case-dossier.jsf?case=2013000117&id=5

Bumping her up :rose: Has there been any updates of getting her DNA?

A few thoughts here.

The red nail polish on a little girl seems a bit strange to me. I love red nail polish (and my nails are usually painted red. in fact, I'm painting them red right now lol ); but there's still a bit of stigma surrounding the color red. It's still viewed as sexual and aggressive by some. My conservative (not politically or religiously, but in terms of clothing and celibacy) mother wouldn't let me paint my nails red (or dark purple) until I was around 12 or 13, because she viewed it as "inappropriate for younger girls". I was born in 2000, my mother was born in 1968, so I only imagine the stigma about the color red was stronger then.

Also, the hair dye. My hair is naturally dark brown but I dye it auburn; like this little girl. It's kind of a pain to lift to auburn with my hair color. If her hair color was around mine, then I can imagine her hairstylist was trying to lift it to a lighter color. I'm thinking a blonde color because blondes were considered to have extra sex appeal in that time.

The men's flip-flops cut down (that picture creeped me out a lot), I would think those might be her father's. If she came from a poor family, they may have been trying to prostitute her and couldn't afford new shoes.

Prostitute a toddler? in small-town AZ? In AZ, one of the most conservative states in the Union?

Here is a very good newspaper article about her.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...BhxPAAAAIBAJ&sjid=ZE8DAAAAIBAJ&pg=6557,190483

She is still unidentified right?

Bumping this article up because the description of the clothing is quite different in the article than the description in Namus.

I take it she was wearing a bathing suit under the clothing. The shorts are described as pink in the article and white in namus and the blouse is described as having a distinctive chain design rather than being described as checkered as in the namus listing. Also, the article described many families coming forward fearing it was their child. Now that DNA is so advanced, I'd like to know who those families were and if they'd come forward again with their DNA. I think they should all be recontacted if LE has a list of who they are.

I'd trust a newspaper from the time over a namus listing decades later.. information gets lost and distorted over time.

Prostitute a toddler? in small-town AZ? In AZ, one of the most conservative states in the Union?

I think she means child *advertiser censored*/ sex trafficking

Bumping this article up because the description of the clothing is quite different in the article than the description in Namus.

I take it she was wearing a bathing suit under the clothing. The shorts are described as pink in the article and white in namus and the blouse is described as having a distinctive chain design rather than being described as checkered as in the namus listing. Also, the article described many families coming forward fearing it was their child. Now that DNA is so advanced, I'd like to know who those families were and if they'd come forward again with their DNA. I think they should all be recontacted if LE has a list of who they are.

Going to email NamUs

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back