Identified! AZ - Yavapai Co, 'Little Miss Nobody', WhtFem 6-7, UP10741, Jul'60 - Sharon Lee Gallegos

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is just me but I'm upset with the thought that someone might have dyed/coloured this little girl's hair for sinister purposes. Pedos often put makeup and/or hair colourant on their little girl victims so they will more closely resemble grown women.

Having never been a girl or a woman, can someone shine a light on why a mother or aunt would put makeup, nail polish and/or perfume on a little girl?

I have a slightly different perspective than what has been offered so far. I was born in 1954 and have older and younger sisters. My mom was not into "girly" things and barely wore lipstick. Coloring a child's hair would have been completely out of the question. Nail polish may have been a possibility if an older cousin or babysitter offered to paint the little girls' nails. However, we would not have been taken out in public with nail polish on. My mom was all about little girls looking like little girls, not grownups.

This is just me but I'm upset with the thought that someone might have dyed/coloured this little girl's hair for sinister purposes. Pedos often put makeup and/or hair colourant on their little girl victims so they will more closely resemble grown women.

I agree , Paul. As I explained in my earlier post, my mom might have allowed nail polish for dress-up or play, but it would have to go if we were going to be seen in public. I can't think of a single good reason why a child of this age in 1960 would have had colored hair. It's very troubling.

Wonder if LE or the FBI would still have records of pedophiles or rings that were operating back then, especially those in the Southwest United States. Those cut-down men's flip-flops really bother me. Yavapai County is in the middle of AZ. Cococino Co. is directly north; Maricopa Co. is directly south. Mohave County is to the west.

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?type=agc511&hspart=avast&hsimp=yhs-001&p=map+of+az+counties

I can think of only 2 other reasons for a little girl to have colored hair:

1) Female relative (Mom, Aunt) was attending beauty school and needed to practice applying hair dye on a real person or

2) Female (Mom) was in an abusive relationship, was preparing to flee, and colored LMNs hair to disguise appearance, but Abuser caught them leaving and killed LMN and Mom. LMN was found, Mom wasn't and may have been dumped elsewhere.

the coloured hair, the cut-down men's flip-flops... my alarm bells are ringing and the lights are flashing red...

Could the hair and nails have been done for her to compete in a beauty pageant?

Could the hair and nails have been done for her to compete in a beauty pageant?

... or maybe for some type of "audition", for anything from something legit, such as a commercial, to something more sinister.

I doubt a beauty pageant... this was over fifty years before Painted Babies, and Toddlers and Tiaras.

There's something very badly wrong, but no one talked in more than fifty years.

Something really bad must have been done to LMN.

I doubt a beauty pageant... this was over fifty years before Painted Babies, and Toddlers and Tiaras.

There's something very badly wrong, but no one talked in more than fifty years.

Something really bad must have been done to LMN.

Beauty Pageants for children started a long, long time before that. Your theory might be correct, but it is counter-productive to dismiss all alternatives that don't fit with it.

It could even have been a small local pageant or similar competition.

Once as a child, I was entered into a competition at a holiday camp here in the UK which was a bit like a beauty pageant, but a bit more informal. My nails were painted pink, I wore a little bit of make-up, and my mum used curling tongs on my hair. I still have the photos.

It was one of the very few occasions that I was 'made up' in this way during my childhood, which is what made me think of the possibility for LMN.

My apologies. I was born in 1980. I'm not familiar with the day to day life of the 1950s and 60s.

I decided to do a little digging into Arizona 1960 events and found these 2 items:

The Miss Rodeo Arizona contest has been going on for decades. There is a photo of the 1960 winner at the link posted below, so the contest was definitely being held that year. It appears the contest began in 1958-whoever was crowned queen at the "rodeo of rodeos" automatically became Miss Rodeo Arizona. The procedure for determining Miss Rodeo Arizona changed in the early 1980s. Miss RAz also has a competition for "Future Sweethearts of the Rodeo", which is open to girls as young as 5.

http://www.missrodeoarizona.info/index.htm

The other very interesting thing is that Yavapai County has held a Fourth of July rodeo since the 1880s as part of "Prescott Frontier Days."
http://worldsoldestrodeo.com/about-us/our-history.

LMN was found at the end of July, 1960. Just MOO, but I am thinking LMN and the Fourth of July rodeo are connected in some way.

The news paper article said she had on a sun suit,pink shorts and contrasting blouse.Men's flip flops cut down.She sounds like she was going a swimming area,park? Were there any type area's like this not too far from where she was found?

The 4th of July does sound like a good time period something could have happened to her.What events were going on for the 4th of July?

The rodeo is all I have found so far.

An online pay to view newspaper archive site does not have the Prescott newspaper. A second newspaper archival site stops at the year 1908 and does not go beyond 1908. I am still digging for other events. That far back is probably going to mean looking at newspaper on microfilm at an academic library or a very large public library in AZ that carries the Yavapai county papers. Anyone live in AZ?

There is a college campus, there is part of an Indian reservation, there are parts of 4 national parks and numerous "wilderness areas"; the Hospital for Disabled Miners, and according to Wikipedia, currently

" Prescott hosts annual events such as Frontier Days, The World's Oldest Rodeo (1888) (featured in the 1972 film Junior Bonner), Easter Egg-Stravaganza, the Bluegrass Festival, Earth Day, July 4 Celebration, Tsunami on the Square, art festivals, a Cinco de Mayo celebration, Navajo Rug Auction, Pumpkin Patch Carnival, World’s Largest Gingerbread Village (actually on the Yavapai-Prescott Indian Tribe reservation), Prescott Film Festival, Folk Arts Fair, parades, the Acker Music Festival, The Cowboy Poets Gathering, the Prescott Highland Games, Courthouse Lighting, Whiskey Off Road and Ragnar Relay Del Sol. " http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prescott,_Arizona

Of the above events, we can eliminate the Easter Egg event, (due to timing) ;Earth Day,Whiskey Off-Road , and Tsunami on the Square as being there in 1960. Still researching the other events to see when they were first held.

The Disabled Miners hospital has been there since 1929.

Prescott is 90 miles from Phoenix. I wonder how far back Phoenix Police Department MP files go.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l
Back