AZ - Zane, 3, Mireya Henry, 1, & Catalaya Rios, 7 mos, dead, Phoenix, 20 Jan 2020 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
12NewsNow on Twitter
He would give his life to hold them again. A father spoke about the horror he is living after three of his kids were murdered by their own mother, police say. Rachel Henry, the children's mother, is in a Phoenix jail charged with murder.
10:30 PM - 31 Jan 2020

'I can't get the picture out of my head,' Phoenix father of murdered children says
[...]

Rios said 3-year-old Zane Henry, 1-year-old Miraya Henry and 7-month-old Catalaya Rios were the reason he was trying to turn his life around. He remembers the smiles they brought to his face when he would get back from work.

"I'm not perfect. I've done drugs most of my life, and I never got to the point where I wanted to kill anybody," he said.

[...]

Rios returned from work, tired, to see his son Zane, who was happy to see him.

"I would ask, 'Where's Miraya?' And she was like, 'I put them down for a nap,'" Rios recalled.

[...]

"I didn't think anything of it. Every day, they take a nap," Rios said.

Rios said he fell asleep with Zane and Catalaya by his side. When he woke up, he said the children were on a couch across the room.

"I walk over to the couch. I pulled the cover back. I found my daughter," he said.

[...]

"'I should have done this.' 'What if I had done this?' It's eating me alive," Rios said.

[...]

"Did she do this to hurt me?" he asked. "I can't believe she would do this to me and my family."

The family held a visitation for the three children Friday. They'll say goodbye Saturday.

[...]

FEB 1, 2020
A family says goodbye. Three murdered children were laid to rest in Oklahoma.
[...]

“I won’t ever get to see them smile, laugh," the father of the three children said.

The family laid the children to rest in Paden, Oklahoma, a town close to where the family is originally from, on Saturday. Attendees gathered to remember the three children, who were all under the age of three.

“My love for them doesn’t stop just because they are not here anymore..” PR, the children’s great aunt said. “I can’t look at the videos yet because it’s hard, but one day I will and I will smile with them when I was taking those (home) videos."

[...]

Though the kids have found their final resting place, the family said it will take some time to recover. They also know the issue at the heart of these murders have not been put to rest with the children.

[...]

Last edited:
FEB 4, 2020
Rachel Henry pleads 'not guilty' to smothering her 3 children in Phoenix

25bc6a20-782b-4baa-99ed-22f51f8c1eed-cent02-7959zasxtvt180gpofrw_original.jpg

Rachel Henry, the mother accused of smothering her three children,
appears at her arraignment in Maricopa County Superior Court
on Feb. 4, 2020 in Phoenix. (Photo: Rob Schumacher/The Republic)

[...]

Henry's attorney, public defender Alan Tavassoli, entered the not-guilty plea for her. Henry was shackled and wearing the traditional orange Maricopa County jail pants and an orange shirt that overwhelmed her small frame. Her long, straight brown hair shielded her face from news cameras.

She spoke only to murmur her name and date of birth, her response barely audible in the large courtroom.

Tavassoli declined to comment on Henry's case following the brief hearing.

[...]

Sept 11, 2020

In love with a killer? Phoenix mom accused of murdering kids gets calls from 'obsessed' man | 12news.com
As Rachel Henry sits behind bars charged with the murder of her three children, she is getting calls from a man she never met who says he might be in love with her.

[...]

"I'm really fascinated by you and your story. I feel like you really weren’t yourself" A 27-year-old Florida man told Henry over a video visit. "I have a lot of sympathy for your situation."

Over the same time period family called to confront the mother for the reasons behind the murders, Henry also received four video visits from a man displaying his affection for her.

[...]

The man said. “I feel like I have fallen in love with you, even though I'm not sure if love exists.”

Over more than 50 minutes of video calls reviewed by 12 News, the man tells Henry that she looks like "a Greco-Roman goddess," that he hopes one day to bail her out of jail (Henry is being held on a $3 million dollar bond).

[...]

:confused::eek:

I believe this tragedy could have been avoided if anyone had the presence of mind to say "yeah, no, she is not fit to care for these children as of right now". It was pretty obvious that she was 100% out of it from her mugshot. No excuses though, she killed three babies and has to endure the punishment for that. But I can't help but think that someone should've noticed that she was not okay. Was this woman that isolated? As far as I remember, the father of these babies and another adult lived in that house. Were they all using?

Sept 11, 2020

In love with a killer? Phoenix mom accused of murdering kids gets calls from 'obsessed' man | 12news.com
As Rachel Henry sits behind bars charged with the murder of her three children, she is getting calls from a man she never met who says he might be in love with her.

[...]

"I'm really fascinated by you and your story. I feel like you really weren’t yourself" A 27-year-old Florida man told Henry over a video visit. "I have a lot of sympathy for your situation."

Over the same time period family called to confront the mother for the reasons behind the murders, Henry also received four video visits from a man displaying his affection for her.

[...]

The man said. “I feel like I have fallen in love with you, even though I'm not sure if love exists.”

Over more than 50 minutes of video calls reviewed by 12 News, the man tells Henry that she looks like "a Greco-Roman goddess," that he hopes one day to bail her out of jail (Henry is being held on a $3 million dollar bond).

[...]

:confused::eek:

Oh puke. Why would News 12 report such a stupid story??! Are we supposed to care?!

I like to believe that everyone deserves a second chance. But in this case, I don't think social services should ever have returned the kids to Rachel.
I agree. Not at the time they were returned to her, at least. Rachel shouldn't have gone back to the babies' father either. I think that every adult in that home is a little bit culpable too, she killed the babies but the other two adults should have noticed she was super messed up on drugs.

https://www.investigationdiscovery....amily-she-was--freaking-out--before-smotherin

Sept 9, 2020

“I felt like I was losing my mind. I didn’t know what was going on. I tried to talk to someone. They said I was stupid or scared and I didn’t know what I was talking about,” she continued, in part.

Henry, who has pleaded not guilty to murdering her three kids, then gave Rebolledo a second excuse for what happened.

“Do you know how bad I wanted to go to the store? I wanted to go outside. I wanted to do this and I wanted to do that,” Henry said, telling the great aunt she felt “trapped in the house” and “was going crazy.”

“I don’t remember doing it…because I don’t, it really wasn’t me," Henry added, according to the recording.

Henry’s trial is set to begin Sept. 30.

I believe this tragedy could have been avoided if anyone had the presence of mind to say "yeah, no, she is not fit to care for these children as of right now". It was pretty obvious that she was 100% out of it from her mugshot. No excuses though, she killed three babies and has to endure the punishment for that. But I can't help but think that someone should've noticed that she was not okay. Was this woman that isolated? As far as I remember, the father of these babies and another adult lived in that house. Were they all using?

No way -- she's a self-centered monster that was upset because she couldn't go to the park to do drugs. Seriously, her mug shot?

She showed them -- she smothered the life from each of her children. She did not want to get a job, she wanted to do nothing but indulge herself and get high. Her great aunt (in-law) was going to watch the kids, tried to get RH to get an identification.

She wasn't home alone taking care of her kids -- they were living with family. No excuses for her to punish the entire family that loved and adored these children. She couldn't stand that the kids received more attention than she did.

A grand jury indicted RH on 3 counts of first-degree murder. They did not get it wrong.

RH will be in court playing the victim card. Good luck with that defense.

MOO

Last edited:
No way -- she's a self-centered monster that was upset because she couldn't go to the park to do drugs. Seriously, her mug shot?

She showed them -- she smothered the life from each of her children. She did not want to get a job, she wanted to do nothing but indulge herself and get high. Her great aunt (in-law) was going to watch the kids, tried to get RH to get an identification.

She wasn't home alone taking care of her kids -- they were living with family. No excuses for her to punish the entire family that loved and adored these children. She couldn't stand that the kids received more attention than she did.

A grand jury indicted RH on 3 counts of first-degree murder. They did not get it wrong.

RH will be in court playing the victim card. Good luck with that defense.

MOO
Okay...? I never said "they got it wrong", I said in previous posts that she needs to be punished for what she did and that she was the one who killed those babies. She could've stopped, the oldest child fought back and she still didn't stop. Nobody is excusing anything or anyone. What I said is that I have a really hard time believing nobody in that house noticed that she was messed up to the point of killing all of her children.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shirleymae
Back