AZ - Zane, 3, Mireya Henry, 1, & Catalaya Rios, 7 mos, dead, Phoenix, 20 Jan 2020 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh my god. I had hoped this wasn’t..well...this.

Ugh I hate these ones.

What the hell happened?? Dad and grandma were at home too, per reports. Perhaps she did drown them, and that’s where the drowning that was retracted comes in? Or poison, hence them “being ill”. With baby girl being only 7 months, some sort of PPD or psychosis? No no no :(

Mom admitted killing three children under age 4 at Phoenix home, police say

PHOTOS: Phoenix house where mom admitted to killing 3 children

7f5cdd02-9f06-11e8-a3ac-3f19b3192b33.png

Nooooooo- this changes nothing about the children being deceased, but I was really hoping it was a tragic accident. Now I just hope they didn’t know it was their own Mom who did this to them. Horrible.
Exactly. As a mother myself, I think of how much my littles love me (and I them). They’re mamas girls through and through, and I just can’t even begin to fathom how badly it would break their sweet hearts in those last moments if I was to do something to them. The littlest cries if someone else wants to simply hold her. I hate these cases.

Thank you for the links. Noting from the first one:
  • LE received an "unknown trouble call" from a relative of the children.
  • When they arrived at the home, they were greeted by three adults -- the mother, the father and another relative.
  • The kids were in a living room area just off the front door and all three were unresponsive. Officers performed CPR on them.
  • Fire crews then arrived and paramedics also provided first aid. Efforts were unsuccessful and the children were pronounced dead.
  • Police were told that the children were "ill" earlier in the day. There were no obvious signs of trauma.

Exactly. As a mother myself, I think of how much my littles love me (and I them). They’re mamas girls through and through, and I just can’t even begin to fathom how badly it would break their sweet hearts in those last moments if I was to do something to them. The littlest cries if someone else wants to simply hold her. I hate these cases.
Me too...my son (6 years old) is home with the flu today and I must’ve FaceTimed him 10 times already. It breaks my heart that I can’t comfort him, I can’t imagine hurting him. I thought humans were hard wired to not harm our young. Maybe we should be. Someone invent that please.

Surely everyone has heard of PPD and PPP? This young woman was pregnant almost constantly since she was 18, which is definitely a risk factor. All "hard-wiring" goes by the boards in cases where the brain isn't functioning properly.

As species go, we are pretty good about not harming our young.

Surely everyone has heard of PPD and PPP? This young woman was pregnant almost constantly since she was 18, which is definitely a risk factor. All "hard-wiring" goes by the boards in cases where the brain isn't functioning properly.

I didn’t think of the PPD aspect, but with her age and the ages of the children, it’s certainly possible. She also made a pretty drastic move from another state. No saying what stresses she was under or what they make us capable of doing. I just find it so hard when I see it was the bio parent who did it. Just hurts much more because that’s who is there to protect you.

Yep. I hope we learn more about her psychiatric history. Studies have linked a large percentage of filicides to mothers who have shown signs of psychiatric symptoms or and/or received treatment. MOO

Yep, which was I mentioned A. Yates on page 1.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbustam1
Back