Babcock Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has to be his lawyer.. I believe there would be contact visits with the lawyer, no??
Deepak Paradkar was DM's lawyer AND MWJ's lawyer..

I've heard this theory before... It may have even been suggested in the letters he wrote to CN.
But if that was the case, couldn't he/wouldn't he be disbarred?

Interesting! I wonder, if the letters were allowed by LE if they would be admissible in court? I know there are lots of conditions around how evidence is collected for it to be allowed as evidence in court. This is allowing an illegal activity to continue for the purpose of evidence collection.

The letters being allowed out is IMO a good theory.
- It would explain why nobody has been charged with obstruction of justice, if a blind eye was turned to the letters existence.
- It would fit with Alex Pierson's comment "people would fall off their chair if they knew"

I believe they would be allowed as evidence in this and TB trial, but unlikely anyone would be charged, or could be convicted for ferrying them out.

Translation of the hard to read part at the bottom of the letter. I think I got it all.

Mark wouldn’t call the police, because he would be charged with trafficking or worse. I told you I had agreed to stay quiet about it in exchange for the promise that he would stop selling and stop using coke. Much later, while we, you, me, Mark, and Marlena, were chilling, you asked Mark if he was still selling coke. Mark told you that he wasn’t, that Dell had made him promise not to, and his life was better for it. You asked how Dell could have made him promise. Mark told you, ‘cause of that Laura *****’, ‘don’t you know?’ even though you had heard from me that she had OD’d with Mark you shook your head and said you did not. Mark looked around for just a moment, then smiled and said he made me promise, cause he’s my ! always looking out for me. We were by the pool in the back yard at Maplegate. Mark said

- It would explain why nobody has been charged with obstruction of justice, if a blind eye was turned to the letters existence.
- It would fit with Alex Pierson's comment "people would fall off their chair if they knew"

I believe they would be allowed as evidence in this and TB trial, but unlikely anyone would be charged, or could be convicted for ferrying them out.

Interesting. I'm sure if this is/was the case, allowing them or not allowing them as evidence, was the source of many legal arguments.

The fact that she was in jail for a few months, and was still uncooperative and repulsive on the stand has me doubting she assisted LE in any way. She did manage to describe in great detail her activity during the drive to hide the Eliminator to DM's pleasing though.

Does anyone know what LE had on CN to warrant the search of her bedroom?

I would assume it was the pings of her being with DM the night they hid the Eliminator,Toolbox and Truck. There was also texts and video of their activity that night. MOO

IIRC, Police were able to match her DNA from a booster juice she threw in a trash can, to DNA on one of the nitrile gloves found in the Yukon, and this allowed them the search warrant.

Would not surprise me if the letters were going through a guard (purposely) and were being read before delivery. How would cops know to get a warrant for only two items in CNs bedroom? The video recorder and the letters. They had to know they were there. There has been no mention of a final letter that was intercepted, so one has to assume that she got them all, so cops didn't try to intercept any deliveries. So either cops knew all along or they were told by somebody, but I don't see CN telling anybody.

If LE knew about the letters and were letting them by in hopes of using them as evidence, how could they know for certain that CN would not destroy them? That's a pretty huge gamble.

Perhaps LE was who was ferrying the letters out. For example, a Cop posing as a corrupt prison guard in HWDC. Digitize the evidence, then hand the "carrot" to the Rabbit? Only if the letters were not uncovered during the CN pig-sty search would their own copy be used, to protect their methods. Pure speculation.

Would not surprise me if the letters were going through a guard (purposely) and were being read before delivery. How would cops know to get a warrant for only two items in CNs bedroom? The video recorder and the letters. They had to know they were there. There has been no mention of a final letter that was intercepted, so one has to assume that she got them all, so cops didn't try to intercept any deliveries. So either cops knew all along or they were told by somebody, but I don't see CN telling anybody.

Yeah, it certainly was not CN, lol.

If LE knew about the letters and were letting them by in hopes of using them as evidence, how could they know for certain that CN would not destroy them? That's a pretty huge gamble.

Not really a gamble...if she destroys them, their case and evidence remains the same. If she doesn't destroy them, it's just an added bonus to have the extra evidence.

I could be totally wrong, but I just feel like they knew about the letters, and just gave him the rope to hang himself

Perhaps LE was who was ferrying the letters out. For example, a Cop posing as a corrupt prison guard in HWDC. Digitize the evidence, then hand the "carrot" to the Rabbit? Only if the letters were not uncovered during the CN pig-sty search would their own copy be used, to protect their methods. Pure speculation.

Would they not then have had access to the letters that CN wrote to DM then?

How does that explain the letters to and from SS disappearing, or the letters to DM from CN also vanishing?

I have gotta say. Based on the treasure trove of info. DM has gotta be one of the dumbest criminals in Canadian history.

Reading those letters, DM inside his shell is a very week individual. Fragile. Reaching out to CN. Did he really think she would stay in love with him? Any right-minded individual would stay away from an idiot like Milllard after time passes.

As for the loathing of CN. I don't understand the references to evil. I thought she didn't know he murdered Bosma and girls when they are young often do some really stupid stuff. As far as I know, CN was the only person who lawyered up and shut her mouth.

RBBM

I can certainly understand it. When DM was arrested she knew it had something to do with a missing man and his truck, and proceeded to hide out in a hotel with his mother before going to wipe down the trailer and destroy evidence. Even if she was unsure that night the exact details, they were coming out fast and darn right she knew what the jist of the situation was. Now I do not fault anyone for getting a lawyer in a case of such seriousness, but anyone who truly had no part of knowledge of this serious crime, and a heart for the family of Tim, would go with their lawyer and cooperate in any way they could to help. Instead she did keep her mouth completely shut, never once mentioning he had given her an electronic device to hide in her closet, wrote her these incriminating letters, took her to move an incinerator into the bushes, etc etc. No way do i believe she had not put 2 and 2 together. Girls may be young and foolish at this stage but when the guy you think you love is charged with burning the body of an innocent man you re-evaluate this relationship. She then proceeded to get on the stand in front of this man's grieving family, and with a smirk and a giggle proceeding to say she was to busy b*&#$&ing him to notice anything. Disgusting and there has to be some evil in that stone heart of hers.

And as someone mentioned yesterday, she now continues to keep her IG open to play with it. The Air Canada pic, oh yes she loves the attention. Who knows, maybe she is still part of his fan club and she knew all the mean stuff he would say in this trial, he didn't mean it...just part of their "brain-storming"

Not really a gamble...if she destroys them, their case and evidence remains the same. If she doesn't destroy them, it's just an added bonus to have the extra evidence.

I could be totally wrong, but I just feel like they knew about the letters, and just gave him the rope to hang himself

No risk if they read them first. They knew the video recorder was there. They knew the letters were there. It was in the warrant.

A relative of mine works for the OPP and a story he told me surprised me. If cops have a strong suspicion that there is something illegal in a house, and this is only in extreme cases, they can get permission from a judge to break in to the house. They may take something insignificant like a TV to make it look like a burglary, but they scope the house for the evidence they want and get a warrant for what they find later. Not saying thats what happened, but it does happen.

It has to be his lawyer.. I believe there would be contact visits with the lawyer, no??
Deepak Paradkar was DM's lawyer AND MWJ's lawyer..

[FONT=&quot]Despite appearing many times on Millard's behalf in court, Paradkar was never properly retained as his trial lawyer. Despite months of assurances to the court and the Spectator that it would happen soon, it never did. The delay caused speculation that Millard, whose assets were signed over to his mother after his arrest, was unable to pay his legal fees. However, earlier this month Pillay went on record as having been retained by Millard.[/FONT]
https://www.therecord.com/news-story/5688882-millard-to-be-represented-by-new-lawyer/

Just makes one suspicious of Paradkar/Millard relationship...can a unretained lawyer have contact visits? Would being 'unretained' protect him from consequences of passing on letters?ARE there any consequences ethically/legally for a lawyer?

Do we know the warrant was for only two items or just that they found two items of interest during their search?

How does that explain the letters to and from SS disappearing, or the letters to DM from CN also vanishing?

Maybe those other letters didn't disappear... But didn't contain anything of interest to the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste