Babcock Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who is truly innocent would insist on telling their side of the story without fear of cross examination. If I were a juror, I would see an unwillingness to testify as an admission of guilt.
M1 for both.

I know it has been discussed that if MM were there, she could have heard something. Do we know by way of something, that we can speculate, she did not go out for some of the night? It seems possible that she had plans with a friend or possible work,after her bath with MS. Sorry I just don't remember knowing or hearing something for sure on this.

Since it is the simplest explanation, I assume that MM was right by MS as usual and that she can't remember anything unusual because no unusual sounds occurred. We can't know why it was so urgent to have a gun at that time but a guy the size of DM doesn't need one to kill a young girl who has requested to be hurt.
These guys made the assumption that as long as there was no body, they could not be convicted of anything.
I suspect that MS was helping out in everything but the actual murder and served as a convenient suspect in case anything went wrong for DM.
MOO

Anyone who is truly innocent would insist on telling their side of the story without fear of cross examination. If I were a juror, I would see an unwillingness to testify as an admission of guilt.
M1 for both.

I was reading some material linked by another group recently that was from a law firm making an argument as to why people should not self represent. One of the points that was made is that the system is an adversarial one that is not a battle of the truth but a battle of evidence. As a juror, I think I would understand that a defendant is wise to heed his lawyer’s advice about the best way to hold the Crown to its burden. If one is innocent it’s not alway wise to submit yourself to an aggressive grilling as the Crown tells an arbitrary story from evidence selected specifically to tell that story.

I am happy this forum sticks to the subject of the trial and does not allow people to get sidetracked with personal attacks to others on this forum. I like that that most on this forum in no way support the accused. It happens on fb a lot on certain forums. One I belong to a memorial page for Tim Bosma does not allow personal attacks and does not allow members to support the accused.
I would like to see the death penalty for M1 and definitely when someone is guilty of multiple M1 charges. I know Canada does not want to have the death penalty, but locking someone up that will never be able to get out of prison I am conflicted about it.
Anyway, thanks to the admins on this forum, for doing a fantastic job to manage this forum.

M1 for both.

Problems arise when individuals are guilty of something, but not what they're charged with. An example is someone who was there to rob people when one one of their friends goes off script and commits murder. They will react on stand evasively to protect themselves of the lesser charge, which makes them look guilty to the jurors. Their lawyer can instruct them how to present evidence but can't control their reaction upon cross.

I know it has been discussed that if MM were there, she could have heard something. Do we know by way of something, that we can speculate, she did not go out for some of the night? It seems possible that she had plans with a friend or possible work,after her bath with MS. Sorry I just don't remember knowing or hearing something for sure on this.

All this talk of baths (ms & mm, dm & cn) strikes me as being code for something else. I don't think it likely they were into baths and if they were, why even mention it. IMO, it's code for drugs, possibly bath salts.

M1 for both.

Well, you would be told by the judge not to do that. A defendant has no obligation to testify and the decision not to testify can not be taken as a sign of guilt.

That said, in a strong circumstantial case, if the defendant doesn't take the opportunity to explain how s/he came to be in in such damning circumstances, they're going to be in deep doodoo not so much because of their decision but for the lack of any other plausible explanation.

I think you are reading too much into it and it probably was taking a bath literally.
All this talk of baths (ms & mm, dm & cn) strikes me as being code for something else. I don't think it likely they were into baths and if they were, why even mention it. IMO, it's code for drugs, possibly bath salts.

M1 for both.

Issue for MS is that the moment MS takes the stand, all 6 of his previous criminal convictions get stated. Only the conviction, date, and location can be mentioned. His TB M1 conviction gets stated in court however the jury does not hear Tim Bosma.

MS has almost no chance at an acquittal. Testifying will make it impossible.

I am happy this forum sticks to the subject of the trial and does not allow people to get sidetracked with personal attacks to others on this forum. I like that that most on this forum in no way support the accused. It happens on fb a lot on certain forums. One I belong to a memorial page for Tim Bosma does not allow personal attacks and does not allow members to support the accused.
I would like to see the death penalty for M1 and definitely when someone is guilty of multiple M1 charges. I know Canada does not want to have the death penalty, but locking someone up that will never be able to get out of prison I am conflicted about it.
Anyway, thanks to the admins on this forum, for doing a fantastic job to manage this forum.

The co-accused have not been found guilty -
yet you want to see death penalty for them. You repeatedly say this over and over on fb and you keep bringing this death penalty subject back here. This is very disturbing to say the least. You are seeking vengeance and not contributing to civilized discussion so you must stop.

CJPrincess and I were referring to LB having a mental illness. I felt bad for her parents because they had trouble at home and I hoped that they didn’t feel guilty. CjPrincess replied and said that her daughter suffers from mental illness as well. Someone misunderstood who we were talking about and stated that psychopathy is not a mental illness, and now people think we are talking about DM....we were talking about LB originally. Hope that helps to clarify things!

ETA: at no point did either CJPrincess, nor I, think LB was a psychopath.

Thank you Shaz for explaining while I was unable to get online.

Was most definitely in regards to LB and her family and knowing what they went through as Im personally dealing with similar issues with my own daughter and having to make the choice LBs parents did (to back off a bit) but I worry because without proper help and treatment, unfortunately a lot end up dead and we as parents would blame ourselves for not doing more. I’ve seen it over the years with other patients that were in hospital with my daughter. It’s sad!

It’s also an anagram for oral sex, which I think is the more likely explanation. Who really knows? 🤷*♀️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you Shaz for explaining while I was unable to get online.

Was most definitely in regards to LB and her family and knowing what they went through as Im personally dealing with similar issues with my own daughter and having to make the choice LBs parents did (to back off a bit) but I worry because without proper help and treatment, unfortunately a lot end up dead and we as parents would blame ourselves for not doing more. I’ve seen it over the years with other patients that were in hospital with my daughter. It’s sad!

Just want to say many readers would have understood what the conversation was and how wrong the reaction was. A correction to that reaction was in order but didn't happen. Jmo.

Whatever they decided to do to make money in August of 2012, DM was still hurting cash wise by April 2013. Although his plan for "all business" profits in April was "ambitious" to say the least.

Apr 5 2013 - Millard texts Michalski: "2013 is gonna be all business. 2014/15 will be for inventions!"
Apr 5 2013 - Michalski texts Millard: "need to make some money first."
Apr 5 2013 - Millard texts Michalski: "about 100,000 a month and I'll be out of the hole."

Trying to figure out what was going through DM's mind at that time is futile. He had already decided to get out of the Aviation repair business. Not sure if he was seriously considering making a profit leasing the hangar? But he did mention in an email to Rabbit, and one to CN that his dad a left the business in a lot worse financial shape than he thought. To the point that he wanted Rabbit's equity in her house to help him make urgent financial obligations.

DM would never consider that the financial shape he was left with, was mostly his doing.

MOO
Agreed, but the financial fallout was probably already happening before WM's death. The hangar cost $6.4m and a large part of that was funded through bank loans. My guess would be that WM sank most of his personal wealth into the project too. The hangar was constructed during 2011 and 2012 but was already behind schedule. Therefore there was no income to service the increasing bank debt and there were 15 employees to be paid. (I'm also puzzled as to where those employees were located and what they were doing). There were no customers in sight. DM had no interest in the business that WM had set up for him. Getting ahead of myself here but I can see some motive for suicide there.
However, as soon as DM fired the employees and subsequently relinquished the company's licence, the bank must have had serious concerns about ever seeing their money again and IMO probably issued DM an ultimatum to refinance or face foreclosure. The $100k a month is probably the cost of paying up interest arrears, current interest and capital repayments.
I can't see there being $100k a month in DM's gun for hire business, perhaps he was thinking of moving into drug dealing big time. He was obviously connected in those circles and could presumably stuff the trailer when in Mexico, using secret compartments carefully constructed by SS.
I think that the sale of the condo was the first step to keeping the bank at bay and hence the stressing about MB.
www.thestar.com/news/crime/2016/10/19/dellen-millards-tangled-financial-web.html
I find this article a little confusing because it refers to the company owing DM $3.9m at the time of the article and then says that he had already been paid $1.2m for his legal fees, implying that he had raised and loaned on to the company a total of over $5.1m, which seems high. It also says that the company's only asset is the $1.6m promissory note, but there should be around $2m of the cash left after paying the legal fees.

Are you and admin on websleuths? because if you are not then your personal attack should not be allowed if you have an issue there is a way to let the admin know and not to attack me, so please refrain from any further
persoanal attacks.
The co-accused have not been found guilty -
yet you want to see death penalty for them. You repeatedly say this over and over on fb and you keep bringing this death penalty subject back here. This is very disturbing to say the least. You are seeking vengeance and not contributing to civilized discussion so you must stop.

Posted yesterday, shows the damaged homemade incinerator.
[video=youtube;WcYxf9phn8Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcYxf9phn8Q&t=1s[/video]

The accused have not been found guilty excuse me they were convicted of Tim Bosma s death so what are you talking about. wow.
Are you and admin on websleuths? because if you are not then your personal attack should not be allowed if you have an issue there is a way to let the admin know and not to attack me, so please refrain from any further
persoanal attacks.

Posted yesterday, shows the damaged homemade incinerator.
[video=youtube;WcYxf9phn8Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcYxf9phn8Q&t=1s[/video]

Thank you XFP. I took snapshots from that video and placed them in a single picture with the photo of the homemade incinerator for sleuthers to compare. I say the original homemade incinerator was not damaged, but modified. The bottom barrel with the "landing gear" was removed, and a blue barrel was added. There is another barrel of the same type also seen in the barn. If I'm not mistaken, the bottom "blue" barrel was plastic. MOO

attachment.php

Attachments

• hmi-three.jpg
    hmi-three.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 169
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors