Baby Lisa's Crib

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
At first I thought that the mattress started at the bed-skirt top, but then realized it's pulled up and stuck in the frame. The mattress bottom appears to start at the bottom of the bumper. At this height, I am having a difficult time believing a 30' tall child remained safely in this crib for 9-10 hours unsupervised. Even worse, I am questioning that Lisa was in this crib that night. I wouldn't put a crawling/walking toddler in that! It also appears that the crib side has been raised/lowered. Another thing I had thought of earlier. Some crib railing mechanics make a loud clicking noise when adjusted. I remember being concerned that it would wake my sleeping little one at times.

(Thank you Patty G for the heads up on the thread!)

does anyone have a picture of the crib/bedroom after house had been searched?

interested in seeing whats missing from the bedroom and what LE have possibly taken as evidence.

TIA :)

best i could get off that video,it didn't really show much of the room

Attachments

• uhhl74.png
    uhhl74.png
    478.7 KB · Views: 33
I think the cot bumper makes the mattress look higher than it actually is

I thought that too...but you can see from the pile of "stuff" on the mattress that the mattress is high. I myself have always thought that once baby can sit up or pull themselves up the mattress should be lowered. Babies are top heavy and can easily topple over. I doubt that the mattress has always been at that level and wonder if maybe the crib is broken? Can the mattress be lowered or is the crib missing some kind of bracket? definately too high for a crawling/walking baby.JMO.

that does look quiet high,even if you say the bottom of the bumper is where the mattress is that still looks high.
my little ones cribs were always the lowest they could go,i always had the fear that they would fall out.

I'm using your post for the pic of the bed, I hope it shows up.
I'm not seeing the same thing everyone else is seeing. It looks to me that the mattress is on the lowest setting, if the bumper sits on top of the mattress. The mattress wouldn't go below the frame of the bed would it?

And unless it is an older bed, the sides no longer go up and down do they?
If you google images and crib you can see many different styles, but some of them are similar to Lisa's and you can see the different settings and where the mattress and bumper sit. I may be wrong, but I think it is on the lowest setting.

Edit: the pic didn't show, I got to learn to do pics, lol.

My sons crib had a recall for a part, the part interfered with how low the crib would go. So when my daughter used it, she learned to climb out real quick.

best i could get off that video,it didn't really show much of the room

Thank you for this! Has the pooh bear always been in these pictures? The first time I noticed was after the walk through?

Thank you for this! Has the pooh bear always been in these pictures? The first time I noticed was after the walk through?

i never noticed it at all in the crib or in the room before the SW was issued,it seems to have appeared from nowhere.

kinda O/T it kinda looks to me that some of Lisa's clothes from the closet have been taken or just laid somewhere else,i cant be sure but i thought there were more clothes in it in previous interview.

gotta go dig around for some before and after videos now,will post pics if i come across anything

The crib appears to be on the lowest setting, with the bumper above that. Looking at my son's crib, which I know is on the lowest setting, the bumper seems to fall around the same spot.

I think the things stacked in the crib make it look like the mattress is high. It's hard to see how much stuff is in there below the baby bathtub.

I think if she'd gotten out of the crib + injured in some way "that's what 911 is for". However I had a couple thoughts on danger of the set up as it is. 1. What was on the window before the black plastic? Anything with cords, such as blinds? 2. Is it possible she could've fallen out of the window? (DB - was scared of what she might find out back?) Might also explain the screen damage if the screen could be swapped with the computer room window. Neither of these explains where Lisa is now or why 911 wasn't called, but just theories that came to mind in relation to the crib set up. MOO

This is what I have been thinking also after I seen the photo. She also mentioned that she would leave the boys window cracked and her's but not Lisa's when it was hot..Also this would fit with the no fly zone and not wanting the media to film if the dog hit out back. We did see them filming of the back when they searched but not where the window's are only the side of the free standing garage. If she died instantly ie. broken neck, it would explain a little why she didn't call 911, she knew she was passed already. *shrug* don't know why she wouldn't call 911 though...MOO

I know this thread is about the crib - but what is right next to it really stands out to me - everytime I see it.

Why the black plastic (w/ duct tape, I might add) on the window? Some have speculated that it was put up for luminol testing. Very possible - but why is it still up? We've seen pix of the back of the house and all windows (from the outside) look like they are fine and in tact - so why leave that ugly black plastic up? Was it up before? Maybe that window wasn't sealed all that well and the plastic was put up to keep "a draft" out that would blow on Lisa while she was in the crib. But any type of plastic that close to a crib bothers me. Again, if that plastic was up before - then wouldn't LE have taken it down to investigate the window and frame behind it? We don't know. Would LE have put it back up to do the luminol testing?

If it was up before - Lisa could have very easily pulled a piece off and choked on it - but then again, we would be able to see if that plastic had any "pull marks" or pieces pulled off that were near the bed - well, unless it was fixed before LE got there.

I'm so frustrated with all this. Where is this baby?

IDK why - but that black plastic taped over the window bothers me and has from the beginning.

JMHO

Before the SW

closet.jpg

after

closet1.jpg

O/T but seems the best place to post

I know this thread is about the crib - but what is right next to it really stands out to me - everytime I see it.

Why the black plastic (w/ duct tape, I might add) on the window? Some have speculated that it was put up for luminol testing. Very possible - but why is it still up? We've seen pix of the back of the house and all windows (from the outside) look like they are fine and in tact - so why leave that ugly black plastic up? Was it up before? Maybe that window wasn't sealed all that well and the plastic was put up to keep "a draft" out that would blow on Lisa while she was in the crib. But any type of plastic that close to a crib bothers me. Again, if that plastic was up before - then wouldn't LE have taken it down to investigate the window and frame behind it? We don't know. Would LE have put it back up to do the luminol testing?

If it was up before - Lisa could have very easily pulled a piece off and choked on it - but then again, we would be able to see if that plastic had any "pull marks" or pieces pulled off that were near the bed - well, unless it was fixed before LE got there.

IDK why - but that black plastic taped over the window bothers me and has from the beginning.

JMHO

That's why I keep asking if they were in the middle of a remodel? No closet doors in Lisa's bedroom either. It is just now becoming chilly in the evenings, so I don't see that this was to prevent airflow. (Even then I would think if it were to be permanent it would have been clear plastic and affixed in a orderly fashion, rather than duct-taped any which way?)

From day one, it has bothered me on how high up the mattress is in the crib. I happened to find a video today, while looking for something else and I found this video.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/44997955#44997955

The video shows two young children, probably near the age of Baby Lisa and how one of the children can get out of the crib.

Note in this crib, the mattress is down all the way, and the child can still get out of the crib.

Thoughts anyone?

:seeya: Hi Patty ... I agree ... it sounds like a good possibility that something happened to Baby Lisa involving the crib ...

When I saw this thread this morning, I thought omg ... last night, I was reading The Hinky Meter where Val wrote about the crib, and I remembered you have been talking about this crib from the very beginning.

If it is okay to post, this is what Val wrote :

snipped from : http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/1...nts-grieving-defense-attorneys-work-overtime/

"My personal opinion still sways toward Lisa dying from a tragic accident. After analyzing the crib mattress position from still-shots captured from news video in the home, it appears the mattress was not low enough below the railing of the bed (measures out to be about 20 inches between top of mattress and top of railing). Safety recommendations for babies are that they should not be sleeping in a crib where the height between the mattress and railing is less than three-quarters of their height. Lisa is described to be 30 inches tall, so she should have had a minimum rail height of 22-1/2 inches. In addition, the bumper was still in the crib which means Lisa could have stepped up on it and gotten even higher up in the bed."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm, it looks like maybe some books or something from that top shelf are gone too. Why would they just take certain items?

How well has the house been watched by LE? The little purple coat is gone, but so many other things still there. Would it be possible for someone to come in and take items needed to care for Lisa??? I know, probably not a chance, but it would be nice to think it for a bit.

Sorry for the O/T,
maybe the title of the post can be changed to Lisa's room?

Why the black plastic (w/ duct tape, I might add) on the window?

JMHO

Snipped for Space:

:rocker: I totally agree !

WHY the black plastic over the window ?

IMO ... there are a LOT OF THINGS that make no sense as to what happened to Baby Lisa !

MOO ...

After reading all of these posts about babies getting out of the crib, I'm realizing how lucky I am as a parent. I kept both of my children in a crib until they were 18 months old and never once did they climb out! They didn't even try! I didn't realize how odd that was! Sorry if O/T. Just had to share.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back