Baez files motion to keep KC out of court -

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
ITA- i think KC was pizzed last time, because she didn't have time to do her makeup, hair, etc., before they hauled her off to court....Well, she knows in advance this time- bet ya she has full hair and makeup done up as well as she can do by herself in jail with limited supplies. Still won't cover up her ugly soul...JMO

Just wondering how do people in jail get their hair cut? They don't give them scissors, LOL.

To you, Casey looks fine.

All her narcissistic eyes can see are the ugly clothes, the shackles, the bad hair and the chubbiness.

These things bother Casey in a way hearing about Caylee's remains never will.

IMO
I couldn't agree more, and how sad that is!

Clearly they should just drop all charges and let her go - that motion is probably coming up next. Good lord does he ever work on the actual case? I remember seeing a clip where he called the paying-for-copies through the courthouse a "scam" and the opposing counsel just about lost it. This stuff just doesn't make sense. I'm guessing he is a laughing stock in the local legal community. :boohoo:

bold, me
That was one of the screwiest things ever to come out of his mouth.
Using his street talk in the court room will gain him no popularity with the judge.

[/B]

Just wondering how do people in jail get their hair cut? They don't give them scissors, LOL.

They have beauty parlors in jail believe it or not. Inmates can even get perms or get a new hair color.

IMO, inmates shouldn't be allowed such priviledges. I think they should be allowed hair cuts and grooming, but not perms, staightners or hair color. And don't get me started on the whole make up thing. I don't think they should be allowed make up either! JMHO

JB seems that he is trying very hard to get this case into a mistrial. JB has only practised for 3 years is he qualified and all these motions are crazy...........keeping kc out of court because her appearance interfers with the hearing???

You know the more I think about this, I wonder if one major reason she doesn't want to come out of her "room" and go to court is her parents - either one or both - could be there. If they know she is coming, they certainy can go, and somewhere I heard Casey was the one saying no visits between her and her folks over George appearing before GJ and with Cindy for not stopping him.

Now, just going to court with her parents in the courtroom doesn't mean that they will have contact, but, with the dynamics in this family, maybe just having her mother look at her is upsetting to Casey.

ITA!! She's more terrified of Cindy than death row as far as I can tell.

I agree JB should worry about his clients appearance-

Does she appear to be a lost soul who is grieving for her child, can't eat, losing weight?

Or/ does she appear to not give a Da** about her child and more about sitting in her cell eating bon bons and reading all day, and piling on the pounds.

It gives quite a bad impression-

It's obvious the GP's have lost a lot of weight from stress.

To be fair, a lot of people (including ME) EAT out of stress, depression and/or boredom. When I'm SUPER-depressed, though, I don't want to eat.

I think she's eating out of comfort. That, combined with not being able to get much exercise, is starting to show in added pounds. She's not getting much in the way of stimulus, so getting treats is probably the highlight of her day. There's really not much else for her to do to pass the time.

I do NOT think she's depressed or upset about losing Caylee in ANY way, other than how much trouble the disappearance has caused for HER. I would bet MONEY that she blames CAYLEE and her mom for all the trouble and "suffering" she's having now. She probably also considers the police and the media to be a big part of why she's in jail because they stirred up the "ignorant" public's anger toward her.

{sarcasm on}
Certainly none of this was HER fault! Why can't they just take her WORD for it that the babysitter took Caylee? Geez, people are so SUSPICIOUS and anxious to believe the worst of someone these days! It's not like Caylee was around all that long, ANYWAY -- she wasn't even here for 3 years, which is hardly any time at all in the big scheme of things. And besides, she TOLD them she tried to look for Caylee, but for some reason they STILL don't believe her -- the NERVE! That is SO insulting! And it's not like she STOLE from Amy -- she just borrowed some money, fully intending to pay her back. The checkbook was in the car and Amy loaned her the car and everything in it, so what's the big deal THERE? And what part of "the nanny took her" equates to child neglect, huh? It's not HER fault the babysitter took her -- *SHE* was being the responsible one by taking her precious daughter to someone who loved and cared for her while she was at work. Okay, so she didn't ACTUALLY go to work, but she MEANT to, so her INTENT was valid.
{sarcasm off}

ITA!! She's more terrified of Cindy than death row as far as I can tell.

I think different. I don't think she is at all afraid of her mom. Maybe its the way I was raised, because when I raised my voice, or was disrespectful, I was punished..(even been popped in my mouth a time or two) Casey, she doesn't seem to even be afraid of LE, so she can't be afraid of Cindy. I honestly don't think she knows any emotions outside of "oh woe is me"

I think different. I don't think she is at all afraid of her mom. Maybe its the way I was raised, because when I raised my voice, or was disrespectful, I was punished..(even been popped in my mouth a time or two) Casey, she doesn't seem to even be afraid of LE, so she can't be afraid of Cindy. I honestly don't think she knows any emotions outside of "oh woe is me"

I agree.

I think Casey is as far from being afraid of Cindy as you can get. Every time Casey's parents dared to ask a question she threatened to end their visit.

They had to hang onto to her every word about herself or else.

IMO

To be fair, a lot of people (including ME) EAT out of stress, depression and/or boredom. When I'm SUPER-depressed, though, I don't want to eat.

I think she's eating out of comfort. That, combined with not being able to get much exercise, is starting to show in added pounds. She's not getting much in the way of stimulus, so getting treats is probably the highlight of her day. There's really not much else for her to do to pass the time.

I do NOT think she's depressed or upset about losing Caylee in ANY way, other than how much trouble the disappearance has caused for HER. I would bet MONEY that she blames CAYLEE and her mom for all the trouble and "suffering" she's having now. She probably also considers the police and the media to be a big part of why she's in jail because they stirred up the "ignorant" public's anger toward her.

{sarcasm on}
Certainly none of this was HER fault! Why can't they just take her WORD for it that the babysitter took Caylee? Geez, people are so SUSPICIOUS and anxious to believe the worst of someone these days! It's not like Caylee was around all that long, ANYWAY -- she wasn't even here for 3 years, which is hardly any time at all in the big scheme of things. And besides, she TOLD them she tried to look for Caylee, but for some reason they STILL don't believe her -- the NERVE! That is SO insulting! And it's not like she STOLE from Amy -- she just borrowed some money, fully intending to pay her back. The checkbook was in the car and Amy loaned her the car and everything in it, so what's the big deal THERE? And what part of "the nanny took her" equates to child neglect, huh? It's not HER fault the babysitter took her -- *SHE* was being the responsible one by taking her precious daughter to someone who loved and cared for her while she was at work. Okay, so she didn't ACTUALLY go to work, but she MEANT to, so her INTENT was valid.
{sarcasm off}

I still remember her claiming the reason she stole from amy was due to "desperate"times/measures???

I still remember her claiming the reason she stole from amy was due to "desperate"times/measures???

The need for a push-up bra can make for desperate times/measures.

[/B]

Not sure about jail, but in womens' prisons the hair is often done by the inmates. It one of the jobs inmates can get. Hair dye and other products are purchased from the commissary.

Why would she be afraid of someone who never called her on a friggin' thing? Why would she be afraid of any athority figure if she has never been held accountable for anything she has ever done? "Normal people" learn these things at a young age, their parents teach them right from wrong and they are punished if they misbehave.

Casey was taught that it's OK to steal money from people, it's OK to lie and sneak and whatever else.. because it was allowed! athority is a joke!

MO

Jail makes ya gain weight, it's the food they serve.

{sarcasm on}
{sarcasm off}

Bravo!!! :clap: You nailed her !!! When the movie goes into production, you get to play her part. :blowkiss:

Corrections want clarification--shouldn't a copy of the the Judge's order have been sent to them--why do they need clarification? Is Baez telling them that Casey does not have to appear on Friday? The judge already said she has to, the other motion has not been address. Is Baez trying to confuse everyone involved in this case to throw them off of...Casey killed her Baby?

The Orange County Corrections Departments also filed a motion. It wants clarification about when Casey Anthony is required to attend court hearings.

Article: http://www.wftv.com/news/18591596/detail.html

They have beauty parlors in jail believe it or not. Inmates can even get perms or get a new hair color.

IMO, inmates shouldn't be allowed such priviledges. I think they should be allowed hair cuts and grooming, but not perms, staightners or hair color. And don't get me started on the whole make up thing. I don't think they should be allowed make up either! JMHO

My friend's son is in on raping an underage cousin, and he has a tv, name-brand clothes, and his family makes sure he keeps enough money in his account so he can eat his favorite snacks from the commissary, instead of relying on prison food. It is rather sickening as to what really happens in prison... it's a sub-culture that would tick a lot of people off if they really knew what was going on, on the inside.

Back on topic: I think there should be a law that makes perps attend their court hearings so they can't come back later and say they were slighted because they missed something during a hearing.

I have a question about what clothes inmates are allowed to wear when going to court. I have often seen many dressed in normal clothes at hearings.

Is she allowed this, or does she have to stay in prison garb?

Corrections want clarification--shouldn't a copy of the the Judge's order have been sent to them--why do they need clarification? Is Baez telling them that Casey does not have to appear on Friday? The judge already said she has to, the other motion has not been address. Is Baez trying to confuse everyone involved in this case to throw them off of...Casey killed her Baby?

The Orange County Corrections Departments also filed a motion. It wants clarification about when Casey Anthony is required to attend court hearings.

I could be very wrong, but the way I read read the motion that corrections filed, (and it was carefully worded, even for legalese), was that this can actually be used as a supporting motion in the long run to support any decision Judge S may make in regards to to JB's latest motion for waiver rights for appearances.

I'm breaking it down like this:
1. last motion hearing was a fiasco for corrections, including getting other inmates back in their cells so KC could be moved to transport area, pulling staff to transport KC, and navigating/arranging such transport to minimize media exposure outside of the court house
2. Judge S. rules KC must attend all important hearings - except date & status hearings - to off-set possible appeal issues
3. JB files new motion against previous ruling for 'non-acceptance of right to waive'
4. Corrections is asking that KC's name only be included on transport list for days she has to attend hearings - which is provided by Judge's Judicial Asst. (i.e. it comes from the Judge)
5. Judge S. can now use this as part of the reason to deny current motion. Or at very least, to ensure that KC is in court each time, even if JB files these waiver motions over and over again. If adequate advance timing/planning is required corrections and must be on transport list by 4:00 of trial day, then Judge S. can reasonably (I think) approve corrections motion (hope he does first!!!), which impacts JB's waiver motion.

If I am right, this is a good thing. JB can motion for waiver to appear out the wahzoo, and she'll still have to be there for each hearing, whether she stays or not.

Corrections isn't helping the defense with this motion. :D

Corrections want clarification--shouldn't a copy of the the Judge's order have been sent to them--why do they need clarification? Is Baez telling them that Casey does not have to appear on Friday?

Snipped by me:

This motion makes interesting reading !!

1. Corrections has stated that they should not be required to assess the nature of each hearing in order to determine whether or not KC must attend.

2. The transport process begins at 4:00 am - which would definitely impinge on our diva's beauty sleep and severely limit her makeover time.

3. Corrections really needs to know who must go to Court each morning so that they can utilize discipline and/or force if necessary to compel attendence. Wow - was KC disciplined for her behavior prior to the last hearing ? Was force necessary to compel her attendence ? Has the "model inmate" shell cracked ?

I think this is a CYA motion. Corrections doesn't want to be accused later of not enabling KC to attend a hearing. Alternately, they want clear direction to use force, if required, to compel her attendence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back