Baez on the Today Show 12/9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:)I think it is about time JB goes to his local legal library & pic up the book by Marttin Blinder, M.D. called, " Psychiatry in the Everyday Practice of Law : A lawyers guide for case perspective & Trial. Psychiatry is beyond a doubt" wedded to the effective administration of justice. " After listening to all the talking heads describing KC it gives us the impression she has one of the most or several personality disorders leading to psychopathy. New studies of the teenage psychopathic brain show their brainwaves are altered, therfore the defense, My brain made me do it ( Whatever it is? ) defense. There are different levels of this diagnosis no different than the 19 or 12 forms of epilepsy. This defense would give KC life in prison to sit with all the other special needs felons. The medical world is currenly & for the next 6 years studying the brain more than any other medical field. The 9 yr. before was the study of cancer and all things related. Because teenage psychopaths entering adulthood is rare the studies remain ongoing and would be difficult to dispute. JB would have to admit wrong doing on his clients part for her to recieve life with or without parole. Remember not all psychopaths kill so there is no sympathy for KC on my part.

I think it's an all or nothing deal. Either he gets ALL the tips or none of them. He can't make the prosecution evaluate each tip before turning it over to him. That's HIS job. What a lazy man he is

Exactly. Lazy lawyers used to do this to the newspaper where I worked all the time. Our morgue was open to anyone who wanted to research articles for free, the only charge was a few cents for copying.

Lawyers would subpoena articles, figuring our staff would do the research for them. I finally put a stop to this when one attorney subpoenaed every story on a murder case that had been reopened. The case dated back almost 20 years.

I had our attorney tell them since we didn't have the staff to do that research, we would send them a copy of every paper from all those years. There was a sliding scale for back issues with the old ones costing considerably more than the new ones. The total bill came to around $18,000-something plus the cost to rent a tractor trailer to deliver them. They withdrew the subpoena. LOL

That may be what he means, but as someone else posted, his statements are not testimony. Therefore, the jury should not accept them as evidence when they deliberate. So, I've also been wondering, just how can Casey get her side of the story out there unless she testifies? And we know that won't happen.

This is all going to be very interesting that much we know, what Baez says and what he means is about the same as the A's! :dance:

OMG!! He said "from Day One"!!!! Do they all talk like this or is it catching?

I haven't read this whole thread, so I apologize if I am repeating other posters, but FOR PETE'S SAKE!!!

The last question Matt asks is that he assumes Casey knows JB is there today, and does she have anything she wants him to tell the world.

JB goes on and on about the workings of the judicial system and how Casey is innocent. At no point does he say that Casey loves or misses Caylee. At no time does he speak to Caylee and say, "We're looking for you, Sweetheart! Your Papa and Grandma are coming to find you! Your Mommy loves you and misses you so much!" At no time does he plead with the kidnappers (ahem) to look deep into their hearts for a shred of humanity and please, please, drop Caylee off at the nearest firestation or hospital or Wal-Mart.

It's like he isn't even trying.

:banghead:

I just felt REALLY tense while watching this. I think because I wanted to scream to the viewers "DONT DRINK THE KOOLDAID." When there is a little girls life on the line why wait till a court appearance to tell the truth!?! It makes me so sad to see that we have to wait for CASEY's time line before we know what "happened." Although, most of us probably already figured it out.
I wonder what JB was thinking when the clip right before he was on the man said "one strand of hair that belongs to caylee, and shows decomposition." How can the guilt not overwhelm him that he is defending the murderer. It made me shudder and that's probably why I could never be a criminal defense attorney.

I haven't read this whole thread, so I apologize if I am repeating other posters, but FOR PETE'S SAKE!!!

The last question Matt asks is that he assumes Casey knows JB is there today, and does she have anything she wants him to tell the world.

JB goes on and on about the workings of the judicial system and how Casey is innocent. At no point does he say that Casey loves or misses Caylee. At no time does he speak to Caylee and say, "We're looking for you, Sweetheart! Your Papa and Grandma are coming to find you! Your Mommy loves you and misses you so much!" At no time does he plead with the kidnappers (ahem) to look deep into their hearts for a shred of humanity and please, please, drop Caylee off at the nearest firestation or hospital or Wal-Mart.

It's like he isn't even trying.

:banghead:

I said that this morning here too - I couldn't agree more

I said that this morning here too

Just finished reading the thread and realized that you had picked it up earlier as well. I was just coming back to quote you.

Everyone else talks about their "aha" moment with the 31 days or the partying or whatever, but this is mine, over and over, whenever one of them does an interview. They can drag out that old line about there being "no playbook for grief" as many times as they want, but this behavior just seals the deal for me.

Just finished reading the thread and realized that you had picked it up earlier as well. I was just coming back to quote you.

Everyone else talks about their "aha" moment with the 31 days or the partying or whatever, but this is mine, over and over, whenever one of them does an interview. They can drag out that old line about there being "no playbook for grief" as many times as they want, but this behavior just seals the deal for me.

Couldn't agree more - No one has pleaded for the babies return - it's all about Casey is innocent - Caylee is an afterthought now, not the focus anymore

I just felt REALLY tense while watching this. I think because I wanted to scream to the viewers "DONT DRINK THE KOOLDAID." When there is a little girls life on the line why wait till a court appearance to tell the truth!?! It makes me so sad to see that we have to wait for CASEY's time line before we know what "happened." Although, most of us probably already figured it out.
I wonder what JB was thinking when the clip right before he was on the man said "one strand of hair that belongs to caylee, and shows decomposition." How can the guilt not overwhelm him that he is defending the murderer. It made me shudder and that's probably why I could never be a criminal defense attorney.
...and what was ML drinking when he basically said there are many out there who have already convicted her...why not use that precious time discussing viewers opinions (the same viewers who help pay his salary) by letting Baez know that they are disgusted that this mother, his client, has done NOTHING to help LE locate HER child. I guess Matt never read those letters.

Oh, please God, let Casey testify! Please, please, please.

I am so baffled by Baez. Adamantly stating that Caylee is alive, and that's how they'll prove Casey's innocent. Then neglecting to pick up CDs detailing 1000s of tips/sightings. Too busy for that sort of thing--yet plenty o'time to fly to NY to chat with Matt Lauer.

Caylee just isn't that important, is she?

Sickening.

I realize that every defendant has a fundamental right to counsel. And I believe that most defense attorneys are, in fact, decent people who are ensuring that their clients' Constitutional rights are upheld.

I don't think that of Jose Baez.

Well since money is obviously an issue for JB right now, he just got free round trip to go visit Zani's NY relations, check in, see if she's been in touch, play catch up with Zani's sister Sam. All courtesy of the Today Show. :rolleyes:

I hope he gets his "15 minutes" out of his system now, I can't imagine he will be much in demand after January.:loser:

If the case goes to trial (no plea deal) and there is a chance that KC will testify (not likely), I see CA being drug off by bailiffs on a contempt charge (can't see her keeping her mouth closed for that long) and a possible mis-trial with the judge firing JB himself!!! What a moron!

JMO

Good morning, They just finished the segment on Caylee where Baez was interviewed by Matt Lauer. Matt didn't completely throw him soft balls.

He asked Baez if Casey is innocent, why haven't they put in for delay of trial, so they can be sure to find Caylee. Baez responds that his client is innocent and she wants her day in court to tell her side of the story.

Per Baez, the public is making assumptions based on HALF of the story. Casey wants her day in court to clear her name and tell her story.

OK - WHAT story? Is this what they did in Baez' office for 5 and 6 hours everyday. Research and spin an elaborate tale that will be told in court?

Makes ya think, doesn't it?

You know what it makes me think?

AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Ok, so the man is doing his job- I dont really give a crap about that. A job is not more important than finding caylee.

If baez wasnt in the picture, we would know where Caylee is right now. KC was going to talk. He stopped her.And WTH? What is the difference between telling the story now and telling it later at court?

Enough of the damn game playing. Its about Caylee. Not you, making a name for yourself Mr Baez.

Ok, so the man is doing his job- I dont really give a crap about that. A job is not more important than finding caylee.

If baez wasnt in the picture, we would know where Caylee is right now. KC was going to talk. He stopped her.And WTH? What is the difference between telling the story now and telling it later at court?

Enough of the damn game playing. Its about Caylee. Not you, making a name for yourself Mr Baez.

If I was a taxpayer in OC, I would be lining up lawyers to file a suit against her for stringing the court along and wasting precious tax dollars!

What a waste of good air and green space...

KC has no idea where her daughter is..After the people took Caylee, she doesn't know what happened..She will not tell, remember, she is the mother of the year..Maybe these people staged Caylees death so the A's wouldn't look for her and the truth will never be found out..Maybe they were scientists that could alter DNA to make it look like Caylee was dead...I'm holding out for the alien abduction.

That story has been posted...

I agree to a point..but honestly, what was stopping Casey all those times a camera was around and Baez wasn't? I don't think she did ever, or will ever tell the truth. She has had many opportunities, including telling her parents when she was released from jail. A grieving, scared mother would tell someone if their primary focus was finding their daughter.
And I agree with you about Baez, its not about finding Caylee for him, he is just another ring leader in this circus..His focus is himself only..it was never about this child to him, it has always been about his name and his pockets.

Sorry if this has alreay been said... havent read the whole thread yet...

For Casey to tell "her side" of the story, that would require her to testify which I don't see happening. Duh.

Casey testify??? I highly doubt it. All of the statements that JB is making (such as she wants to tell her side of the story) is going to make him look completely incompetent in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!