Deceased/Not Found Bahamas - Cameron Robbins, 18, Louisiana teen jumped overboard from sunset cruise, Nassau, 25 May 2023 *Graphic*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wish kids these days would tell their peers to take a hike when they make stupid dares. Don’t eat tide pods. Don’t hold your breathe until you pass out. Don’t do whatever is done with buckets that killed some woman. Stop being a follower. This poor kid is gone bc of something so stupid. Senseless. Unnecessary. WHY?

A parent whose son was aboard the Blackbeard’s Revenge vessel told Fox News several students tried to stop Robbins before he plunged into the dark waters near the uninhabited Athol Island, just northwest of Bahamas capital Nassau.

“This was a booze cruise, and they were on their way back when this happened,” the parent told the network. “My son texted me when it happened, saying, ‘Cameron jumped off. They can’t find him.’ They were out there until 2, 3 in the morning.

“It was a terrible weather that night. The kids were cold, wet and traumatized. The girls were in bikinis and bathing suits. The guys were giving them their shirts. It was a bad time to bring drunk 18-year-olds out into waters near this island where there’s nothing.”

Athol Island - Google Maps

ETA: Athol Island is northeast, not northwest, of Nassau. Fox News (see link) gives the direction correctly.

Last edited:
This story just makes me so sad. We can all think back to being teenagers and doing dumb things. I have a teen the same age and often look at him and his friends and shake my head with the idiot pranks they do. I brought this story up to my son just to make sure he knew it was stupid.

Even adults do stupid things when they are intoxicated. I’m so sorry for Cameron’s family. May his memory be a blessing.

This story just makes me so sad. We can all think back to being teenagers and doing dumb things. I have a teen the same age and often look at him and his friends and shake my head with the idiot pranks they do. I brought this story up to my son just to make sure he knew it was stupid.

Even adults do stupid things when they are intoxicated. I’m so sorry for Cameron’s family. May his memory be a blessing.
<modsnip: Referenced video is off limits at this time> I had to Google it and find out that the Bahamas is shark infested. I know now but I still wouldn’t expect it considering all the people who go snorkeling in the Bahamas

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish kids these days would tell their peers to take a hike when they make stupid dares. Don’t eat tide pods. Don’t hold your breathe until you pass out. Don’t do whatever is done with buckets that killed some woman. Stop being a follower. This poor kid is gone bc of something so stupid. Senseless. Unnecessary. WHY?
Aside: wasn't the Tide Pods thing debunked?

I ask primarily because I bite my nails, have inadvertently moved a finger in there after handling a tide pod… Just the outside, clearly… and I immediately want to claw off my own tongue; so I always wondered.

<modsnip: Referenced video is off limits at this time>. I had to Google it and find out that the Bahamas is shark infested. I know now but I still wouldn’t expect it considering all the people who go snorkeling in the Bahamas
Well I was surprised to learn that sharks cluster around cruise ships. But jumping out of a cruise ship at night can never be that smart of an idea ykwim regardless of sharks.

But alcohol, high school graduation, you’re literally on top of the world. He had a great life and it probably seemed like nothing could stop him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I was surprised to learn that sharks cluster around cruise ships. But jumping out of a cruise ship at night can never be that smart of an idea ykwim regardless of sharks.

But alcohol, high school graduation, you’re literally on top of the world. He had a great life and it probably seemed like nothing could stop him.
Makes sense though... looking for kitchen scraps voided out the hull.

Aside: wasn't the Tide Pods thing debunked?

I ask primarily because I bite my nails, have inadvertently moved a finger in there after handling a tide pod… Just the outside, clearly… and I immediately want to claw off my own tongue; so I always wondered.
Not that I’m aware of.

Sadly, it was a real thing.

The most aggressive shark on the planet lives in those waters. I would hope that they were aware. Basically, drunk kids were being impulsive and not considering the consequences. We’ve all made stupid decisions whether drunk or sober. This isn’t a jump off the roof in to the pool drunk stunt. This kid just hopped in to the open ocean. Makes me wonder how much alcohol these kids were allowed to have. Even drunk, who would be like “Yea, this should be alright!”. MOO JMO

not really a cruise ship, its a party boat (like a bigger fishing boat). an actual cruise ship would have something like a 50% chance of surviving the water impact.

but i agree the kid felt invincible, im surprised no one else on board tried to throw things at him or find a flash light, or something.... man no one did anything except throw that floater one time.... they should have kept trying to throw the floater at his direction

Many people essentially freeze in emergencies, not knowing what to do. Others panic. You hope someone is there who will quickly take action.

I don't think he thought there could be sharks or undercurrents. He thought he'd take a quick swim and climb back into the boat.

I went scuba diving once (Mexico), was in my 20's, and we didn't even think about the possibility of sharks. You get a false sense of security in tourist / party areas.

The legal drinking age in the Bahamas is 18. I'm pretty sure this was a booze cruise and most were probably intoxicated, imo.18 year olds, alcohol, and away from parents, is a recipe for disaster. I doubt the dare was malicious but now those kids will forever be haunted by the result of it. This is such a sad ending to the promising future this young man had.
This was my first thought. I went on a sunset cruise with friends in Bermuda and we got INTOXICATED. The rum punch flowed, they were just pouring us cup after cup. We were in our thirties so a bit more responsible but 18 year olds could definitely easily get in trouble!

And don’t eat slugs or other creepy creatures.

CNN —
It was just a silly dare among teenage boys. What could it hurt to eat a small slug?

So Australian teenager Sam Ballard grabbed the slimy creature and gulped it down. He had no idea that the slug carried a potentially deadly worm that would put him into a coma that lasted more than a year, paralyze his body and ultimately take his life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back