Bahamas - Taylor Casey, 41, Chicago, last seen in at yoga retreat, Paradise Island, Nassau, 19 Jun 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bumping my own to add:

ETA:

didn't realize Taylor is transgender until just now reading this thread, so I do think it's important to consider that as possibly being a factor.

those statistics are very disheartening

Interesting that the yoga center employee was the one that called her mother and asked about hearing from Taylor and yet when her family and friends show up they are evasive and not very helpful. Could the call have been to find out what Taylor's family knew about her time at the retreat? Just throwing that out there and jmo.

Casey’s mother had to beg to talk to students at the retreat, and said it felt like the students "were told what to say and what not to say."

Police found Casey's cellphone in the ocean last week, but the family said authorities refuse to turn over the phone.

The police requested people at the yoga retreat for statements regarding Taylor but would not specify whether any were interrogated.

One of the retreat's participants who the Find Taylor Casey team spoke to said that Casey was approached while sitting alone at the beach by a stranger the same day she was last seen.

Well, this video does clear up some things for me, specifically where Taylor slept while at the ashram: in a tent. Was the tent on the beach? Was it on the ashram property?
Not sure which TENT OPTION Casey opted for.

On their website, there are photos of the two Tent Hut Options. These tents appear to be lined up in rows quite close to each other. They do include power and are a short walk to the restrooms.

Tent Hut Double Bed​

• Tent Hut Single Accommodations | sivanandabahamas.org

Tent Hut Single​

• Tent Hut Single Accommodations | sivanandabahamas.org

However there is the basic Bring your own tent Option. You bring an 8x8 tent, an air mattress, your own bath towels. It appears you set up your tent near the beach, bay, or amongst the palm trees. And you won’t be completely alone — get ready to meet “tent neighbors” from around the world! It does not appear to have a men’s section/women’s section (as someone mentioned/asked about).

Tent Space​

• Tent Accommodations | sivanandabahamas.org

ETA: I noticed the tent options are only available 1) to May for Bring your own tent.
And 2) to June for the Tent Hut options.

Does this mean guests are “expected” to be in their tent or room during these hours?

We also recommend maintaining silence from 10:00 pm to 8:00 am daily to ensure a pleasant night’s sleep for everyone.
Curious what time frame Casey was sending the beach photos from her phone to family?

According to the statement, the group representing Casey visited the retreat, located in Paradise Island, Nassau, to collect Casey's belongings on June 27.

The statement goes on to say that Casey's room and personal items -- which included a bible, a teacher training coursebook, yoga practice materials and clothing -- appeared to be "largely unprocessed by local authorities."

Bahamas National Security Minister Wayne Munroe told reporters that the FBI was involved in the search, U.S. Embassy officials told Seymore otherwise.

"What this means is the police made a claim to the public that is not true," Seymore said in the statement. "This makes me question everything they said.”

During a local press conference, Nassau Chief Superintendent Chrislyn Skippings said that drones, a canine unit and divers had been used in their "extensive" search for Casey, noting that officials canvassed both the island and the area around it. However, family and friends were informed that the search was conducted only between the yoga retreat and the Atlantis resort, an area that spans approximately 3.8 kilometers.

“The people were kind of evasive.”
RSBM

Earth to Brian Entin: not everyone is keen to appear on internet tabloid TV foolishly spouting off on a serious subject they know nothing about.

Lucky thing you can make a 'story' about people who don't want to be part of your tabloid story, you can create a conspiracy story by calling them 'evasive', instead of 'politely treating like the pest that I was being'.

JMO

“Let me make this clear to the U.S. media, the public, and our government officials: We are not satisfied with how this investigation has been handled thus far," Casey's friend Emily Williams said in the statement, which was released Monday.

According to the statement, Williams and Collete Seymore, Casey's mother, had recently returned to the states from The Bahamas where they met with the U.S. Embassy, the Royal Bahamas Police Force and leadership at the Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat, the program Casey was attending when she was reported missing.

"What we learned and observed during our time meeting with the authorities and Ashram leaders is disturbing and infuriating,” Williams' statement went on to say.

The statement goes on to say that Casey's room and personal items -- which included a bible, a teacher training coursebook, yoga practice materials and clothing -- appeared to be "largely unprocessed by local authorities."

“It became apparent to us when we met with the Sivananda Ashram leaders that they were struggling to keep a linear and cohesive narrative regarding Taylor’s disappearance,” Williams' statement said.

The statement alleged that the contingent representing Casey were continually advised by the police to not speak to any guests at the retreat, leading them to believe that "maintaining the tranquility and comfort of the tourism experience" had taken precedence over the disappearance of Casey, a missing attendee.

In the statement, Seymore said she had to "beg" to talk to students, who then appeared to share rehearsed information. The statement also said that not all students at the retreat were made aware of Casey's disappearance, and that no "missing persons" posters had been found on the retreat grounds or surrounding areas.

RSBM

Earth to Brian Entin: not everyone is keen to appear on internet tabloid TV foolishly spouting off on a serious subject they know nothing about.

Lucky thing you can make a 'story' about people who don't want to be part of your tabloid story, you can create a conspiracy story by calling them 'evasive', instead of 'politely treating like the pest that I was being'.

JMO
@Cedars, just to be clear, Brian didn't say that. It was Taylor's mom who said they were kind of evasive.

ETA In case you want to hear what she said:

According to this article:
The Royal Bahamas Police Force said in a statement that it found the cellphone and other items belonging to Chicago resident Taylor Casey.

The device was found in nearby waters, the police force said, and her journal and other personal items were also located

Casey's U.S. passport has not been found, the force said.

The mother of a Chicago woman who has been missing in the Bahamas for nearly two weeks is pleading with the US government to intervene in the case and help find her daughter.

“I felt an urgent need to return because without U.S. government support, we may never find out what happened to my Taylor.”

The family is now calling for the FBI to take over the investigation into Casey’s disappearance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mandi_lee
Back