Bahamas - Taylor Casey, 41, Chicago, last seen in at yoga retreat, Paradise Island, Nassau, 19 Jun 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The Ashram Yoga Retreat is reacting defensively instead of realizing that all possible outcomes have to be explored. While there may be no evidence Taylor Casey was abducted, there is no evidence to rule it out. Checking out individuals seen in the area is perfectly reasonable. If they are not involved in her disappearance - terrific. But something happened to Taylor, and it probably was something bad.
Well said!

Taylor has attended this yoga course before, correct? Then she knew exactly what the accommodations were and went back. She was obviously ok with them.
I'm not sure she's attended courses at this ashram before. It was reported that she's been to the Bahamas before, as recently as February, but if there were further details about where she stayed or what she did on that trip, I've missed it. MOO

According to Conard, it was not unusual for Casey to travel to The Bahamas, adding that she had traveled there in February.

THE Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat American Taylor Casey visited before she disappeared said she was not abducted from the site and that evidence suggests she left the retreat voluntarily.

Genuine question:
What is this evidence that suggests she left voluntarily?

Another question:
So they’re saying she took her passport, purse, & clothes with her? Her clothes weren’t in her tent? But her toothbrush was?
Just trying to get the facts straight…

From the article:
Her toothbrush and personal care products were in the tent in the photo, indicating she was going to return. Her passport, items of clothing and purse were not in the tent photo indicating she took them with her, along with her phone.

Another question:
So they’re saying she took her passport, purse, & clothes with her? Her clothes weren’t in her tent? But her toothbrush was?
Just trying to get the facts straight…

From the article:
Her toothbrush and personal care products were in the tent in the photo, indicating she was going to return. Her passport, items of clothing and purse were not in the tent photo indicating she took them with her, along with her phone.

If the Bible was important enough to take along on a yoga retreat, Taylor would not leave it behind.

JUL 5, 2024
THE Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat American Taylor Casey visited before she disappeared said she was not abducted from the site and that evidence suggests she left the retreat voluntarily.

[...]

Peter Goudie, CEO of PGHR Consulting, said in a statement to The Tribune yesterday on behalf of the retreat company: “We are concerned that the story infers that Taylor Casey was abducted from the ashram. That is false and defamatory and not based on facts. The tent photo in the NBCU story taken by Ms Casey’s family shows no signs of struggle. Her toothbrush and personal care products were in the tent in the photo, indicating she was going to return. Her passport, items of clothing and purse were not in the tent photo indicating she took them with her, along with her phone.

[...]

The statement Ms Casey’s family and friends sent NBC claimed a retreat participant recalled that an unidentified man in a Celtics cap who claimed to be from Chicago approached Ms Casey and followed her on to the compound, expressing interest in yoga classes.

[...]

“The man is from Atlanta and was staying next door at the Atlantis Resort,” Mr Goudie said. “He was simply taking a stroll on the beach and was interested in knowing more about our yoga classes. We often have inquiries about the yoga retreat from the guests at Atlantis.

“The other individual described in your report was holding a walkie-talkie, and our best guess is that he is a security guard for one of our neighbours. He entered the ashram at about 2pm –– a time when our students were in class –– and stayed for a couple of minutes and left.”

[...]
Some crazy logic here. Her passport and purse were not in the tent, so it’s clear she had them with her? Yeppers, not like someone couldn’t have stolen them. Her toothbrush was in the tent, so she must have been coming back? Right-y ho, does this eliminate someone assaulting her on the beach? Does it exclude a resident from wishing her harm? Would you return to a nasty situation to collect your toothbrush? Heck, you can get one for free at your next dental appointment.

There’s exactly zilch meaning to the idea “evidence suggests she left the ashram voluntarily”. Sure, she coulda left voluntarily, but that doesn’t mean she wasn’t followed from inside the ashram.

Also, there’s nothing to indicate the tent wasn’t tossed. Taylor either left it in typical tent-mess state or someone else did or both. It looks very tossed to me, but if you issue someone a loose sheet and expect them to use it on a cheap vinyl mattress, that’s what you get.

Does anyone else think it’s odd that the retreat denizens live smack next to each other in those cheap tents and everyone pretends they don’t know anything about Taylor, didn’t know she was missing, have no idea…. It’s a sorority encampment! No way the gossip wasn’t flying, and very up to date. And someone would totally have known if she went along the creaky platform in the middle of the night.
I suppose the retreat wants to impress upon the universe that being a yogi is a “see no evil, hear no evil, say no evil” existence, but have you ever been to a yoga class without the peeking, the looks, the grandstanding, the showing off, the ogling, the comparisons, the competitive stretching… it’s like, every which way a setting for paying attention to other people and comparing notes. Noticing is everything. That’s what I hate about yoga classes (that and the injury-inducing over-stretching). It’s the essence of Western Yoga.

Last edited:
People are getting too hung up on the supposed quality of the ‘retreat’. But this isn’t a resort, it’s not where you go on vacation per se, it’s an ashram for learning yoga. Something more like a hostel with bunk beds all in one room wouldn’t be unusual. I imagine tents afford a bit more privacy and mosquito protection. These 200 hr yoga teacher training courses can be expensive. $3000 for a 3-4 week course, so actually $80 a night makes it quite a bit more affordable and I can see why that would be really attractive, especially if someone doesn’t have the funds for a flight to India or Bali or Thailand.
Yes, we had photos of the retreat Caitlin Armstrong was staying in when she was nabbed in Costa Rica. Nice, spotless dorm, a place to lock things up, real mattresses, walls….

$80 for a Walmart tent per night for a month course is really not a whole lot short of $3k, and it doesn’t include the training or related extras.

the water out there is clear as a bell. I think they would have found her in the water by now. the guy from Chicago is very suspicious to me...I know it's just a random dude..but it's strange. are we sure everyone has a full understanding of Taylor's personal life? do we know for certain for instance that the Ashram was the only reason she went to the Bahamas?
it's just freaky because where is she? wonder what the currents do on the island? her phone was found on the dockside and not the beach side..so a boat can pull up there.. this is truly a mystery. I hope the FBI is involved now ? How does it work down there? mOO

the water out there is clear as a bell. I think they would have found her in the water by now. the guy from Chicago is very suspicious to me...I know it's just a random dude..but it's strange. are we sure everyone has a full understanding of Taylor's personal life? do we know for certain for instance that the Ashram was the only reason she went to the Bahamas?
it's just freaky because where is she? wonder what the currents do on the island? her phone was found on the dockside and not the beach side..so a boat can pull up there.. this is truly a mystery. I hope the FBI is involved now ? How does it work down there? mOO
I didn’t realize her phone was found on the dockside. And you can only get to the dock through the ashram, correct? You can’t get there by walking from the Atlantis, correct?

From the image of her belongings posted upthread Bahamas - Taylor Casey, 41, Chicago, last seen in at yoga retreat, Paradise Island, Nassau, 19 Jun 2024, there are some non-yogic books visible, in addition to her Bible which is out of view here. On the top shelf of the bookshelf is We Do This 'Til We Free Us: Abolitionist Organizing and Transforming Justice, by Mariame Kaba.
https://www.mcnallyrobinson.com/9781642595253/mariame-kaba/we-do-this-til-we-free-us
Partly on top of it is Fumbling Towards Repair, which "...is a workbook by Mariame Kaba and Shira Hassan that includes reflection questions, skill assessments, facilitation tips, helpful definitions, activities, and hard-learned lessons intended to support people who have taken on the coordination and facilitation of formal community accountability processes to address interpersonal harm & violence."
I can't make out the titles of the other two books in the picture, one on the right of the shelf and the other on the nightstand with that blue thing on top of it. There also appears to be another book beneath We Do This 'Til We Free Us.

TAYLOR BELONGINGS.png

From the image of her belongings posted upthread Bahamas - Taylor Casey, 41, Chicago, last seen in at yoga retreat, Paradise Island, Nassau, 19 Jun 2024, there are some non-yogic books visible, in addition to her Bible which is out of view here. On the top shelf of the bookshelf is We Do This 'Til We Free Us: Abolitionist Organizing and Transforming Justice, by Mariame Kaba.
https://www.mcnallyrobinson.com/9781642595253/mariame-kaba/we-do-this-til-we-free-us
Partly on top of it is Fumbling Towards Repair, which "...is a workbook by Mariame Kaba and Shira Hassan that includes reflection questions, skill assessments, facilitation tips, helpful definitions, activities, and hard-learned lessons intended to support people who have taken on the coordination and facilitation of formal community accountability processes to address interpersonal harm & violence."

I can't make out the titles of the other two books in the picture, one on the right of the shelf and the other on the nightstand with that blue thing on top of it. There also appears to be another book beneath We Do This 'Til We Free Us.

View attachment 515966
First shelf of bookshelf to the right:
EbonyJanice Moore

All the Black Girls Are Activists: A Fourth Wave Womanist Pursuit of Dreams as Radical Resistance​

https://www.amazon.com/All-Black-Girls-Are-Activists/dp/1955905460

It occurs to me that— and this is purely conjecture — perhaps Taylor might’ve been prone to keeping her passport on her if she had any concerns that someone rifling through her possessions might’ve found it and could have made things unpleasant for her if the name/photo in it were not consistent with how Taylor looks or the name she uses now.

View attachment 515966
I'd expect a printed manual with proper binding for pricey yoga teacher training. It's not expensive these days to find a publisher that will produce such a thing.

View attachment 515966

A post from 2 days ago includes an updated press release. There’s a section that specifically lists the items (including book titles) that were found in her tent.

Also included are clothes (pants, shirts, flip flops)

View attachment 515966
What is important about titles of books in her tent area? I'm more concerned about the bag of white chunky substance on table and what appears to be pills on corner of shelf. Books wouldn't cause an unexplained disappearance but whatever is in that baggie could have easily caused issues, same goes for medication if that is what is on shelf corner. All my opinion of course. Even if it wasn't drugs someone could have assumed they were and targeted her thinking she would have carried them in her purse..

What is important about titles of books in her tent area? I'm more concerned about the bag of white chunky substance on table and what appears to be pills on corner of shelf. Books wouldn't cause an unexplained disappearance but whatever is in that baggie could have easily caused issues, same goes for medication if that is what is on shelf corner. All my opinion of course. Even if it wasn't drugs someone could have assumed they were and targeted her thinking she would have carried them in her purse..
That baggie with the toothbrush might well be baking soda for cleaning teeth. When you fly, it doesn’t have to fit into the quart-bag for liquids, andmshe has plenty of creams and stuff that would have to go in the baggie. .But you’re right. Someone might have thought it was drugs.
Come to think of it, do you see a suitcase?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slayerwarlover
Back