Bahamas - Taylor Casey, 41, Chicago, last seen in at yoga retreat, Paradise Island, Nassau, 19 Jun 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We had an extended discussion about it. No idea where the whole discussion went.....It was video taken inside the ashram. Anyone else recall? Maybe a chanting session? A bunch of us were discussing how uncomfortable Taylor looked.
I think the video in question might be linked in one of these posts from a few pages ago?
Thursday's press conference, scheduled for 8:30 a.m., comes days after the Royal Bahamas Police Force provided an update on their investigation.

"They came up negative with additional information," Fernander said, adding that officers, canines and marines were continuing to search the area.

Fernander noted that the force was also investigating another missing persons case involving Devon Issacs, a local 17-year-old boy who disappeared more than seven weeks ago.

"That is a concern for us," Fernander said. "No kind of indication, no calls came in that they had any sighting of him."

Both investigations come as Michael Johnson, Chief Supt. of the Royal Bahamas Police Force, on July 5 was placed on "garden leave" following recent social media circulation of "voice notes" involving Johnson.

"The Royal Bahamas police force has a proud history of service," Fernander said during the update. "Unfortunately, there may be instances where individuals fall short of our standards of integrity. This is painful, especially if found within senior ranks, nobody, and I repeat, nobody is above the law."

JUL 11, 2024
Family and friends of Taylor Casey, the Chicago woman missing in The Bahamas, will ask for help from the FBI on Thursday, her 42nd birthday.

The family is hosting a media conference and another event at the South Shore Cultural Center.

If there were no showers available, an American would have gone into the ocean to bathe. It’s very hot on that island and Americans are obsessed about body cleanliness and odor. I haven’t read anywhere that she could swim.
That's why I asked if she could swim. Even if she was near the water, say on a dock, she could've fell in. Maybe she dropped something in the water, went to grab it, and quickly lost her balance.

I don't necessarily think she was victim to a predator. Is that a possibility? Of course, but going off of the details, it's just as likely that she succumbed to the waters. Even if she was a good swimmer, drowning is a real danger. IMO

Another danger with yoga retreats is “internal cleansing”. Never do anything especially while on a hot island (temp is ready 90 F at noon today) that could cause dehydration and electrolyte imbalance.
That's a good point!

I was on vacation in Aruba a few years ago, and saw an older man have a heart attack right there on the beach. I just saw him in the elevator and he seemed fine. He was standing on the waters edge when it happenened. He started to drift away but someone ran over and pulled him back to shore. Unfortunately there was no defibrillator available and by the time the coast guards came, he was deceased.

Also - last summer I was dealing with some health issues and it was very hot out one day. I had been sick the day before and didn't realize that I was dehydrated. My car was hot and when I got out to walk into the bank, I felt a bit weak. I fainted while standing in line. It was very scary and now I use electrolyte drinks.

Sorry to get off topic, but it just goes to show you how important it is to hydrate frequently when out in the sun. Especially if you are not used to extreme heat.

Since TC was traveling alone, if foul play, was TC followed? If no foul play, is there a water accident possible, resulting with a phone in the water and a body washed out to sea?

Violence/accident and collective coverup?

It seems like TC didn't intend NOT to return to the tent.

Something unexpected happened.

JMO

I definitely believe that an accidental drowning is a real possibility here. Many have mentioned the dangerous riptides.

My perspective may be highly influenced by the fact that my uncle went for a swim in the Pacific Ocean and never returned. His body was never found, despite multiple searches.

The ocean and tides are vast, and often keep their secrets forever in their depths.

The ocean and tides are vast, and often keep their secrets forever in their depths.

It's probably very unlikely that Taylor encountered a shark, but they are commonly found in the waters surrounding the Bahamas. It cannot be ruled out at this point. Species include the Bull shark, Hammerhead, Whitetip shark, Tiger shark, and several more. 9 Sharks found in the Bahamas

It's probably very unlikely that Taylor encountered a shark, but they are commonly found in the waters surrounding the Bahamas. It cannot be ruled out at this point. Species include the Bull shark, Hammerhead, Whitetip shark, Tiger shark, and several more. 9 Sharks found in the Bahamas
Good God, a bull shark would be terrifying :oops:

I've been wondering what Taylors routine was while staying at the ashram? I saw the itinerary for the day, the meditations and talks and the 2 scheduled meals etc. What did Taylor do during the other evenings?

The dock doesn't seem like the place to go for a stroll IMO. It's odd. JMO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee
Back