Bahamas - Taylor Casey, 41, Chicago, last seen in at yoga retreat, Paradise Island, Nassau, 19 Jun 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Tons possible reasons for the family to insist foul play.
One forces attention. No one wants to shrug off a family member as "maybe they drown"
Another reason could be because they absolutely know Taylor would not go into the ocean ,or out at whatever time ,or lots of other things they may be personally aware of .That said no one will shock you like you own family or those closest to you .

A fews years ago my large family went on a beach trip ,and My hubby and I walked up the beach and back down while the other adult family frolicked ,we got back to an empty ,of family members beach. Stuff was still there , my sisters.

Right then,I knew something was wrong. My sister does not ever leave her stuff anywhere. Never. We never talked about that part of her personality , I just know her really well.
I told my husband ,something was wrong based on that . I was correct.
She had got caught in a current and sent a mile down the beach ,she was okay thankfully.
Omg thank God your sister is OK. I was hanging onto every word thinking the worst...!

It is really easy to get disoriented and drift off when in the water even when it's calm. My rule especially in tropical waters is to only go in as far as my hip. Nothing past the chest is the limit as you can lose balance. If there is a wave or shark, you literally won't stand a chance.

What's the tide situation at night?

IMO she intended/expected to return to her tent.

How would her phone end up in the water?

Perhaps she went for a moonlit stroll along the beach.... walked into the water.... I can imagine the waves rolling in, the water soothing... safe...

But misleading. Those pretty waves, lapping at the shore, have immense power. Knee deep, waist deep, holding her phone, then suddenly she's pulled out and under.

No one to save her, no witnesses, just a lonely and cruel accident. It's not impossible.

JMO

What's the tide situation at night?

IMO she intended/expected to return to her tent.

How would her phone end up in the water?

Perhaps she went for a moonlit stroll along the beach.... walked into the water.... I can imagine the waves rolling in, the water soothing... safe...

But misleading. Those pretty waves, lapping at the shore, have immense power. Knee deep, waist deep, holding her phone, then suddenly she's pulled out and under.

No one to save her, no witnesses, just a lonely and cruel accident. It's not impossible.

JMO
But it's been said that Taylors phone was found on the dock side of the island, not where the beach is.

If you look at the map for Paradise Island, the dock side has a very small area where someone could possibly wade into the water but why? There is a perfectly good beach on the other side not to mention the water would be rough and kind of gross IMHO. It's the waterway between Nassau and Paradise where the cruise ships dock. It wouldn't be nearly as nice as the beach. At least not if you wanted to go for a nice walk. JMO.

have they investigated the far west side of the island where the light house is? are there properties there? where was taylor walking? have they talked to the man with the walkie talkie who was on taylor's platform earlier the day that she went missing? could she still be on the island?

have they investigated the far west side of the island where the light house is? are there properties there? where was taylor walking? have they talked to the man with the walkie talkie who was on taylor's platform earlier the day that she went missing? could she still be on the island?
There are no visible roads on that end of Paradise as far as I could see. I'm sure there are paths but am thinking the main way of getting around is by boat.

There are 2 or 3 historical sites for the lighthouse. There are also some private properties and resorts to the west of the ashram (before the lighthouse). A couple of entrances to public beach access and a few spots that are marked for sightseeing/photographs.

Aside from a resort that seems to be associated with Royal Caribbean, there isn't much going on down at that end of the island.

What do you mean by Taylors "platform"? Do you mean the area where the tents are or where they do yoga? Does the ashram have drop-in classes?

There are no visible roads on that end of Paradise as far as I could see. I'm sure there are paths but am thinking the main way of getting around is by boat.

There are 2 or 3 historical sites for the lighthouse. There are also some private properties and resorts to the west of the ashram (before the lighthouse). A couple of entrances to public beach access and a few spots that are marked for sightseeing/photographs.

Aside from a resort that seems to be associated with Royal Caribbean, there isn't much going on down at that end of the island.

What do you mean by Taylors "platform"? Do you mean the area where the tents are or where they do yoga? Does the ashram have drop-in classes?
her platform where he tent was. :)

The thing that makes no sense to me is the family/SM's insistence upon foul play given the proximity of the ocean. In 2019, an estimated 236,000 people died from drowning according to the WHO. The reasons that a body wouldn't immediately wash ashore are too numerous to state.

To me it's as if there were a pit of poisonous snakes next to the ashram and yet TikTok and the family were saying not to even bother to look there.

Transgender people are subject to violence more than the rest of the population, which is horrible. But it certainly doesn't make violence the likeliest cause of death, especially when there's a vast body of water steps away and the missing person's phone was found in it.

I swear TikTok is destroying common sense.
I thought that her purse was gone- not sure I would take a purse to go swimming at 11 o'clock though I realize that there is also no "safe" place to leave it. Curious if TC was usually a sound sleeper... if the idea of an 11 o'clock swim would not be something she would do. Also curious about the moon phases and tides the day(s) she went missing.

Since her phone was found on the dock side, was it near the dock? Could Taylor have walked on the dock to stargaze & ended up dropping her phone, which then bounced or landed in the water somehow?

I still don't know what might have happened after that, though. If the phone did bounce into the water, did she try to climb down off the dock to get in the water & retrieve her phone? Sometimes that isn't the easiest & if there are barnacles on the pilings, those can be very sharp. If she fell in or got in trouble in the water trying to retrieve her phone (& drowned), would she have washed in toward shore or up under the dock somehow? Or would she have been pulled further out? If she had her purse or other belongings with her, would she have set those on the dock if trying to get into the water intentionally? If she had her purse on her when she went into the water, would it or anything in it have possibly washed up or been discoverd?

I thought that her purse was gone- not sure I would take a purse to go swimming at 11 o'clock though I realize that there is also no "safe" place to leave it. Curious if TC was usually a sound sleeper... if the idea of an 11 o'clock swim would not be something she would do. Also curious about the moon phases and tides the day(s) she went missing.
I don't see a suitcase in any photos. Where is it?

I think this has been asked previously, but has anyone verified that there are no Jane or John Does in local hospitals or jails?

(I ask because years ago, an acquaintance with schizophrenia was arrested without any id on him & he couldn't tell his own name. He was in jail for months as a John Doe & nobody knew where he was or realized he was in jail. When family called the jail, they asked for him by name &, of course, was told he wasn't there. But he was. He was just a John Doe, not listed under his name.)

I know it seems crazy to ask this & surely there wouldn't be unidentified people in jail (well, Taylor but unidentified for some reason) with local LE being involved in the case/search. But, sometimes things that seem easily done just aren't.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back