Bahamas - Taylor Casey, 41, Chicago, last seen in at yoga retreat, Paradise Island, Nassau, 19 Jun 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JUL 30, 2024
Friends and family of missing Chicago trans advocate Taylor Casey have announced a $10,000 reward for information leading to her successful return from the Bahamas, where she was first reported missing on June 20. The donor, who generously donated funds for the reward, wishes to remain anonymous.The family has also retained attorney John Q. Kelly and his team to assist in getting answers regarding Taylor’s disappearance. The family is not aware of any new leads regarding the Bahamas police investigation.

[...]

A #BringTaylorHome campaign is simultaneously being launched on social media, and volunteers are attempting to enlist celebrities and influencers to help spread the word—in part to put pressure on authorities in the Bahamas and the U.S., and also to call attention to the funds needed to help in this search. They are seeking to raise $100,000 to cover legal costs and travel fees. “We are asking for people in a position of influence to talk about Taylor, and help us find her,” says Taylor’s mother.

[...]

JUL 31, 2024
Casey has been involved in the Lighthouse Church of Chicago, a predominantly Black and LGBTQ+ church in Lincoln Park, Pastor Marcus Payne II said. She also advocated for homeless LGBTQ+ youth and was deeply involved in queer activism.

Casey’s case highlights an issue long known in communities of color and LGBTQ+ communities — cases of missing Black trans women often fall through the cracks, rarely attracting the attention and resources of other cases.

In Chicago, most slayings of transgender women go unsolved. The police department solved 14% of murders of transgender women between 2010 and 2021 compared with the national average of 50%.

AUG 2, 2024
[...]

“Thanks to everyone who donated to our online fundraiser, it is helping with legal fees and travel costs”, Colette Seymore, Casey’s mother, said in a statement provided to Austin Weekly News. “We never expected to be in this position, and don’t have the resources to do this alone. Again we thank you!”

[...]

No new information about her disappearance has been reported...

[...]

As of late Tuesday afternoon, nearly $34,000 of the requested $100,00 had been raised.

Y'all have done a terrific job of deep diving/researching common elements of criminality in this general area...
(i.e. assaults on transgenders and people of color)...
I applaud you!

Now... I wonder if there are accessible records of investigations of missing persons (in this general area) that have come to fruition...
and what those results may be?

Considerations:
- DV?
- Random Oportunistic Acts of Burglary Gone Wrong?
- SA and Murder?
- Self-Harm?
- Victim fleeing of Own Will?
- Drowning?
- Other Misadventure?
- More?

Thank you for your considerations.

JMO

I wish they could get her phone records and texts etc. what was Taylor's life like in terms of relationships? was she involved in any secret relationships? what was she like in her previous relationships? would she handle a break up well?
would she become infatuated and make unwanted overtures? like following someone to the Bahama's? did she ever stalk anyone? was anyone stalking her? looking for her? No one has come out and said anything about anything going on in her personal life...that's kind of unusual..maybe she was very secretive..is there anyway to get that phone to give up it's secrets? Could Taylor have had a break up no one knew about? Could she have planned a hook up no one knew about?

I am not blaming or shaming this probable victim..it's just the Chicago guy at the Ashram and I just feel very suspicious about all this..I guess I wonder if there is an unknown "DUAL" reason for her being in the Islands.

If I go missing I want every last thing in my life out there...it might help me. maybe it's all just a tragic accident that she's gone missing..maybe she is a random crime victim. But if not and it has to do with some individual she knew we need to find out.

mOO

Y'all have done a terrific job of deep diving/researching common elements of criminality in this general area...
(i.e. assaults on transgenders and people of color)...
I applaud you!

Now... I wonder if there are accessible records of investigations of missing persons (in this general area) that have come to fruition...
and what those results may be?

Considerations:
- DV?
- Random Oportunistic Acts of Burglary Gone Wrong?
- SA and Murder?

- Self-Harm?
- Victim fleeing of Own Will?
- Drowning?
- Other Misadventure?

- More?

Thank you for your considerations.

JMO
BBM: These are the most common occurrences according to local news outlets. It's easy to find a number of articles about all of these things happening, especially to tourists.

What poses the most threat IMO is the water and the people. Idk I get the vibe that another person was involved somehow. JMO.

BBM: These are the most common occurrences according to local news outlets. It's easy to find a number of articles about all of these things happening, especially to tourists.

What poses the most threat IMO is the water and the people. Idk I get the vibe that another person was involved somehow. JMO.

Thank you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamagoldman
Back