CA Bailey Cameron, 23, Camp Pendleton Marine, last seen outside bar, San Diego, 25 August 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Wednesday afternoon, Carlsbad Police Department confirmed missing Camp Pendleton Marine Bailey Cameron is alive and possibly on base.

In a statement, the department said, Recent information has indicated that Bailey Cameron is on the Camp Pendleton Marine Base. Investigators attempted to contact him after being observed on Camp Pendleton, and he avoided them.

The statement said, “The family of Bailey Cameron, his command, and The RAD Movement are still seeking the public help in locating Bailey. Carlsbad police gave Bailey’s belongings found in Carlsbad, to his parents three days ago citing they were closing out their case.”

Wednesday afternoon, Carlsbad Police Department confirmed missing Camp Pendleton Marine Bailey Cameron is alive and possibly on base.

In a statement, the department said, Recent information has indicated that Bailey Cameron is on the Camp Pendleton Marine Base. Investigators attempted to contact him after being observed on Camp Pendleton, and he avoided them.

The statement said, “The family of Bailey Cameron, his command, and The RAD Movement are still seeking the public help in locating Bailey. Carlsbad police gave Bailey’s belongings found in Carlsbad, to his parents three days ago citing they were closing out their case.”
He's been spotted, so case closed. Wow. :(

But this gives me hope he will be found: “The family of Bailey Cameron, his command, and The RAD Movement are still seeking the public help in locating Bailey."

I’m thinking maybe he’s had a mental health crisis related to the stress of leaving active duty.

My hope is that maybe he has sought out mental health help somewhere. Do they have any MH crisis centers in the area?
Absolutely spot-on. Witness accounts of extreme stress and duress behavior prior to going missing. This type of behavior is stress-related.

He's been spotted, so case closed. Wow. :(

But this gives me hope he will be found: “The family of Bailey Cameron, his command, and The RAD Movement are still seeking the public help in locating Bailey."
I wish I could give 3 separate emojis for this comment - a “thumbs up” that he’s believed to be alive, and a “sad” emoji and an “angry” emoji for the “case closed” part. Until he is located - obviously & preferably safe - this case CANNOT be considered closed in any way, shape or form!

Haunting pics of missing Bailey Cameron’s military barracks show Marine uniform hung on tragic sign & inside bare fridge
1725518563548.png1725518595064.png1725518616500.png
Not sure how to interpret the pictures. To me it looks like a tidy minimalistic military-style room and I don't necessarily see signs that point to one specific direction.
Maybe someone here who has experience with the military may be able to shed more light into it.

All I've read so far about his behaviour and the sightings give me major PTSD vibes.
I just hope his run towards the ocean didn't end there.

I wish I could give 3 separate emojis for this comment - a “thumbs up” that he’s believed to be alive, and a “sad” emoji and an “angry” emoji for the “case closed” part. Until he is located - obviously & preferably safe - this case CANNOT be considered closed in any way, shape or form!
I believe closing the case is likely a jurisdictional thing. If Carlsbad PD is certain that Bailey is on base—and they are apparently a confident department, since they are declaring him alive despite not having made contact with him—if he is on base, there is nowhere for their investigation to go. It’s up to Camp Pendleton officials to find troops on their base.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717
Back