GUILTY Bali - Aussie Schapelle Corby, 27, convicted of drug smuggling, 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Don't worry Shazza. I didn't think you were having a go. :blowkiss: They are the worse possible example aren't they?

The Corbys are definitely not your average Australian family, very dramatic and over the top.

They're showing it in other countries? I hope they all have blackouts the night it's aired. People will see the Corbys and think Australians are trashy.

We're not that judgmental!!! No worries.:blowkiss:

Thats what it is and when these pics became public she said she was only mucking around and not really using it.

I can't believe it. Our oldest son told us the same thing when asked about several pictures on his cell phone of doing the exact same thing. We did not believe him either. He told us he was "just messing" around with his friends, not smoking the stuff. I told him to get Santa to confirm his story and then we would believe him. That was last years "experiment" as a teenager. The consequences the child received was a firm "reality" check. He was not a happy teenager as he came home right after school for three months of "Mom and Dad's version of virtual house detention.

wow, I posted this thread Friday and then went out of town. I am glad to see there is interest.

So, I am guessing from the statements from our Aussie friends that this is and was a huge story in Austraila? The kind of story that just doesn't go away and just gets worse and worse.
I totally agree that her family is not doing her any favors with their big mouths and causing big scenes everywhere they go. The guy, Ron Bakir, who was trying to help Schappelle only succeeded in mucking everything up for her.

Fiance and I both felt like her brother.....the one someone lovingly called a bogan(lol, I use that term all the time and no one ever knows what I am talking about)......might have duped her and judging by questions asked during the HBO Doc I don't think I am the only one.

I would feel much more comfy with her sentence if I felt like it had been appropriately investigated. I wish the baggage handlers in Sydney were looked at more closely, the pot bag fingerprinted and origins of the pot traced, etc. I am still not convinced she is guilty. This could happen to anyone really. I will think twice about checking my luggage when traveling out of the country. Baggage handlers have access to your luggage and could slip anything into it if they wanted.

And yes, for those who haven't seen the documentary it was pretty pro-Schappelle and suggested her innocence without outright saying it. It highlighted the inconsistencies in the investigation. They did interview the custom officer who busted her. Personally, if anyone convinced me of Schappelle's innocence it was Schappelle. She came across as being sincere, very scared, in disbelief and ultimately believable. If she is guilty then she is one damn good actress and I am a fool. I am not sure what to believe. There is still a part of me that believes she is innocent.

You guys are right though, she is where she is and that probably isn't going to change.

I know but the differences in Australian lifestyles are not always well known in other countries and first impressions are so important...

No one is going to think that all Aussies are like The Corbys. Almost all of us know people who have been to Australia, (at least I do) and they loved the people there.
The Corbys are just the equivalent of what we call "Chavs" over here. There is even a website dedicated to our lot, called Chavscum.com or something.:)

I can't believe it. Our oldest son told us the same thing when asked about several pictures on his cell phone of doing the exact same thing. We did not believe him either. He told us he was "just messing" around with his friends, not smoking the stuff. I told him to get Santa to confirm his story and then we would believe him. That was last years "experiment" as a teenager. The consequences the child received was a firm "reality" check. He was not a happy teenager as he came home right after school for three months of "Mom and Dad's version of virtual house detention.
Thats so funnyCyber:blowkiss:

wow, I posted this thread Friday and then went out of town. I am glad to see there is interest.

So, I am guessing from the statements from our Aussie friends that this is and was a huge story in Austraila? The kind of story that just doesn't go away and just gets worse and worse.
I totally agree that her family is not doing her any favors with their big mouths and causing big scenes everywhere they go. The guy, Ron Bakir, who was trying to help Schappelle only succeeded in mucking everything up for her.

Fiance and I both felt like her brother.....the one someone lovingly called a bogan(lol, I use that term all the time and no one ever knows what I am talking about)......might have duped her and judging by questions asked during the HBO Doc I don't think I am the only one.

I would feel much more comfy with her sentence if I felt like it had been appropriately investigated. I wish the baggage handlers in Sydney were looked at more closely, the pot bag fingerprinted and origins of the pot traced, etc. I am still not convinced she is guilty. This could happen to anyone really. I will think twice about checking my luggage when traveling out of the country. Baggage handlers have access to your luggage and could slip anything into it if they wanted.

And yes, for those who haven't seen the documentary it was pretty pro-Schappelle and suggested her innocence without outright saying it. It highlighted the inconsistencies in the investigation. They did interview the custom officer who busted her. Personally, if anyone convinced me of Schappelle's innocence it was Schappelle. She came across as being sincere, very scared, in disbelief and ultimately believable. If she is guilty then she is one damn good actress and I am a fool. I am not sure what to believe. There is still a part of me that believes she is innocent.

You guys are right though, she is where she is and that probably isn't going to change.
I think she is a very good little actress who is trying to project herself as some sort of saint but it hasnt fooled a lot of people...it was and is very big news here and she is back in the headlines today to which Ill post a link.
I dont remember any of our baggage handlers being caught tampering with tourists luggage but maybe the other Ausies will know more....I think they were just being thrown under the bus aswell.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/594075/corby-returned-to-prison-after-treatment

Australian drug smuggler Schapelle Corby has been returned to her Bali jail after being treated in hospital for two and a half weeks for depression.
A large media contingent was on hand when the 30-year-old was taken from Bali's Sanglah Hospital on Tuesday night.
She was accompanied by her sister Mercedes who yelled at photographers as they closed in on Corby.
"Leave her alone. Get out, I'll smash your camera," Mercedes Corby yelled, in footage shown on the Seven Network.

An appeal for clemency is her last option, but it means she would have to admit guilt.
Her lawyers had claimed she was an innocent victim of baggage handlers involved in moving drugs around Australia.
But in a documentary, aired in Australia recently, Corby's former lawyer Robin Tampoe revealed he made up the baggage handler defence, sparking union calls for an apology to Australian baggage handlers

Thanks for the update Dingo. Her sister is nuts:rolleyes:

You can have hair follicle tests done to confirm if he has or hasn't smoked marijuana or any other drugs for several months depending on hair length. Three months of house arrest? Good for you for nipping this in the bud. :clap: I guess Santa didn't come through for him.

You know what really did it for me, was the bit in the doco when her lawyer tells her to fake cry and beg Australia for help....and next thing we see the Headline News and she is sobbing and calling out "help me Australia, help me". That just really pissed me off.
Yep, that bugged me too..what a sad sack lawyer he was.Glad he was not representing me.I wonder where her lawyers came from.
On the radio we had a top QC from Melb discussing her case and he made some great points...One thing he did say was that her lawyers really stuffed it for her. Mainly because they should have put her Dad and Bros on the stand...he saw so many holes in her case.

They're showing it in other countries? I hope they all have blackouts the night it's aired. People will see the Corbys and think Australians are trashy.
I do not thin we need worry...there is enough trashy all over the world.we do not have a monopoly on it....there are enough cases on here that prove that.
This case will not go away and is etched into the Australian Psychie...like Azaria Chamberlain and Ivan Milat....

I feel much better now about Australia's reputation. Thank you everyone. I'm glad to know people won't just assume the Corby are an average Australian family. I suppose evry country has its citizens that look and act like they just stepped out of Deliverance.

I feel much better now about Australia's reputation. Thank you everyone. I'm glad to know people won't just assume the Corby are an average Australian family. I suppose evry country has its citizens that look and act like they just stepped out of Deliverance.
kiki, I wonder if any of the Corby's play the banjo? LOL

Trust me Kiki.....The Corbys are like Royalty compared to some of our Chavs here:crazy:

Soooo, I'm the only one that had an immediate visual of what we call a Thong here in the States?! And with socks on in a store?! :eek:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back