GUILTY Bali - Aussie Schapelle Corby, 27, convicted of drug smuggling, 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
LOL River....thats the visual I had at first too:crazy:

I just spent most of the mofning reading this thread and numerous other sites about this. A friend brought up Ganga Queen over the weekend, then low and behold there is a thread about it here. Anyhoo...from what I have read, I think her family is at least guilty. Not sure if she knew about what was going on, but I am sure her family did. And about her staying there in jail, if I was allowed out to get a pedi and ice cream I would stay there too. These pictures I see of her in jail where she has perfectly plucked eyebrows make me sick. Sad puppy dog eyes, but my brows are great!

AND for not being involved, they sure do know a lot of drug dealers. Why would a drug dealer come visit her in jail to offer her support? Why if your daughter is being accused of smuggling drugs would you makw friends with a drug smuggler? Sounds ridiculous to me.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks that perhaps she's guilty; whenever her name comes up in a news story and I look for information, it seems all the sites I find are of the "She's innocent! She's too pretty to be guilty!" variety.

On the issue of foreign prisons being full of American and British drug smugglers: I've taught in Study Abroad programs, and even though we were constantly telling the students not to do anything stupid, and to be aware of the laws in other countries, they very much had the attitude that nothing would happen to them because they're American. (Even post-9/11.) Most of those arrested for drug smuggling are fairly young, so I think part of it is that attitude that many of those in their early teens and 20s have, that they are invincible, or that they know better than all the old fogies warning them to stay on the straight and narrow. And with my students, many of them honestly believe that, no matter what they get caught doing, the US government will charge in, guns and nuclear warheads blazing, to demand their immediate release. We had to keep telling them, over and over, that all the US Embassy will do is see give them a list of English-speaking lawyers. Even those who are older and more educated should know better, but don't always. I have a friend who teaches at a college in South Korea, and it is amazing how many college-educated American adults honestly think that any time they have a contract dispute, that the US Embassy will get involved and demand that things be done according to American custom or laws. Gets a big laugh from the Embassy every time, I'm sure.

PS: I loved The Castle! I'd love to live in a neighborhood full of Kerrigans. But then, I also love my Bedazzler-- :)

I saw the documentary on HBO and yes it was very pro-Schappelle in proclaiming her innocence. I think her [modsnip] sister, mother, and lawyer really did her end and of course the media. If it would have been handled quietly she would be a free woman right now and you all forget that she has been to Bali on more than a few occasions because her sister is married to man who was born there.

Her father died of pure guilt. I believe he had something to do with it, set up his own daughter who was taking care of him and took advantage of her kindness, generosity, and trust. She took the fall for him and his guilt consumed him. Schappelle may very well have to do 20yrs for her family's evil doing but once she is free I am sure a amazing story will be told. Its a shame her country turned their backs on her and the majority believe she is guilty. I don't find her to be ugly at all so maybe that was a negative against her as well.

I pray the truth comes out and she gains her freedom. Until that day Schappelle Corby will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I saw the documentary on HBO and yes it was very pro-Schappelle in proclaiming her innocence. I think her [modsnip] sister, mother, and lawyer really did her end and of course the media. If it would have been handled quietly she would be a free woman right now and you all forget that she has been to Bali on more than a few occasions because her sister is married to man who was born there.

Her father died of pure guilt. I believe he had something to do with it, set up his own daughter who was taking care of him and took advantage of her kindness, generosity, and trust. She took the fall for him and his guilt consumed him. Schappelle may very well have to do 20yrs for her family's evil doing but once she is free I am sure a amazing story will be told. Its a shame her country turned their backs on her and the majority believe she is guilty. I don't find her to be ugly at all so maybe that was a negative against her as well.

I pray the truth comes out and she gains her freedom. Until that day Schappelle Corby will be in my thoughts and prayers.

[modsnip]

As soon as I learnt that Shapelle's father was a marijuana dealer, I suspected that she did this crime on his behalf and at his suggestion but also for possible financial gain for herself - easy money.

Now her father is dead, surely she could tell the truth. But maybe she has to wait until her parole period is over.

I do not think she or her family should be able to benefit to the tune of a possible $3m AUD from the benefits of this crime. Crime should never pay.

I think most Australians think she was guilty and are embarrassed about and also bored with the media interest. Whether she did it or her father put her up to it, she is still guilty IMO.

However, I do not agree with the fact that the media have made her into a celebrity as the lesson should be learned that crime never pays so that others do not do it in the future.

I think Shappelle Corby is attractive and if she wasn't, the media would not have bothered with this story. [modsnip] IMO the money should be given to charity because they will go through it in a few years and will not be any happier.

The former Foreign Affairs minister Alexander Downer says he's pleased that Schapelle Corby is leaving prison after such a long time. He's urging Corby's family and friends not to risk her parole by making public comments about the case.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-02-08/alexander-downer-warns-corby-associates-to-remain/5247248

SARAH HAWKE: Should Schapelle Corby, and I guess the family as well, be able to profit from the whole case, given that there's so much speculation as to how much money could potentially be paid?

ALEXANDER DOWNER: Well I think that would be a very bad look. I mean, there are laws in Australia about making profits from crime in any case, and so she's likely to get into some difficult circumstances here in Australia. If she tries to get the money paid in Indonesia, there'll be issues there as well. So I think she needs to be very careful, and particularly very careful in terms of her relations with the Australian public if she's seem to be just on the hunt for a fortune.

And again on the 7:30 Report: http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2013/s3941886.htm

Well that great advice fell on deaf ears of course:

CHANNEL Seven is believed to have won the race to snare the first interview with Schapelle Corby, with veteran Mike Willessee in Bali to celebrate the former jailbird’s flight to freedom.
The convicted drug smuggler’s mother Rosleigh allowed Seven cameras exclusive access to film her reaction as she watched from Brisbane as Schapelle was bundled out of Kerobokan Prison and through to Bali’s Indonesian parole office.

The vision is thought to be a part of a multi-faceted media deal worth in excess of $2 million, including the first interview to air on Seven’s Sunday Night program, with other stories to roll out across the Seven Media Group’s publishing assets including New Idea magazine.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...-first-interview/story-e6frfmyi-1226822549797

THE party appeared to come to a dramatic end for Schapelle Corby’s mother Rosleigh Rose yesterday as she unleashed a bitter tirade against a journalist.

Ms Rose was upset by the way she was portrayed in an exclusive interview she had conducted with Channel 7.

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...buse-at-reporter/story-fnii5v6w-1226823054868

And in other news .. sister Mercedes and her husband have split!!

MERCEDES Corby has reportedly broken up with her Balinese husband, before her sister Schapelle was released from jail amid a media frenzy yesterday.

The unconfirmed reports suggest Mercedes and Wayan Widyartha have separated, with Mercedes not recently seen at the family compound in Kuta.

http://www.news.com.au/national/mer...-wayan-widyartha/story-fncynjr2-1226822947281

But as always, the stars of the show were #MercedesTeeth :

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...apelle-telemovie/story-e6frfmq9-1226822253525

The interview with Alexander Downer is telling, basically nobody in the know thought she was innocent .. it seems to be a farce constructed by her supporters in an attempt to free her sooner: http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2013/s3941886.htm

I used to think that she might not have known they were in there, but they were put there by someone else from her family, but now I think she knew they were in there the whole time.

The interview with Alexander Downer is telling, basically nobody in the know thought she was innocent .. it seems to be a farce constructed by her supporters in an attempt to free her sooner: http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2013/s3941886.htm

I used to think that she might not have known they were in there, but they were put there by someone else from her family, but now I think she knew they were in there the whole time.

I agree with you. This family does not seem to have any conscience.

From my reading of comments in the social media, it appears that the Australian public is "over" Shapelle Corby, the Parole Board has stated that if she talks to the media, she will be put back in jail, Mike Willessee does not seem sure he will get an interview so I doubt this program will be viewed on Sunday night saving Channel 7a possible $2m.

http://mumbrella.com.au/schapelle-205984

It's interesting isn't it, seems like the general consensus has done a complete 180.

It's interesting isn't it, seems like the general consensus has done a complete 180.

I have not read in the media nor heard on radio nor seen on TV anything positive about Shapelle Corby. IMO Rose, her mother, acted in a very aggressive manner towards a journalist when SC was released which was filmed and seen on TV - a real bogan family.

Even the photo that she allowed a women's magazine to take Shapelle was holding a beer in her hand instead of putting it down for the photo which made her look arrogant.

I sure hope that Mike Willessee does not get that interview for his show. Many people have come out in disapproval about the money she could get and will make sure it does not reach her or her family. The Queensland Premier has come saying that too.

I am certainly over Schapelle Corby and while I think she has done it tough for 9 years, she should not be making millions from selling her story. I wish the media would leave her alone to now live in peace and I wish herself and her family would also not play the media game and just let it be!! but alas it looks like they are going to milk it.

One thing I will say: My brother is a policeman, quite high up in Brisbane, he has been for over 20 years............and like he and those who know the family will tell you: their involvement with drugs and drug dealing is well known.

I am not sure if Schappelle herself knew that hooch was in her bag, but I am convinced someone in her family did: and she was unwittingly (maybe) used as a mule........this is a very widely held theory amongst the qld police.

Of course she knew, there was an extra 4kg in her bag!

4kg is pretty heavy as most new mothers can attest. I bought a 5kg bag of spuds yesterday and it hurt my hand to carry.

Its nearly 10lb for our American friends.

I wish shed just go away, her and her horrible family.

I bet my butt she wont show her face till the botox settles...

Most telling part IMO .. the drugs were packed the same way her father had been packing it. Guess they'd got away with it so many times they didn't expect to get caught. IMO if they really wanted her out sooner they should have STFU and paid a bribe, I mean they are the ones who have been saying Bali is so corrupt for all these years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back