GUILTY Bali - Sheila von Wiese Mack, 62, found dead in suitcase, 12 Aug 2014 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe a confession will get the death penalty off the table.

That's the only thing I can think of for a reason for him to confess. He was most likely coaxed with assurances that it would go easier for him to confess to a sudden rage. This would take the premeditation off the table. Wow, I'm shocked and not sure I believe it actually. HM, I think, helped him all too happily, and I believe it turned out exactly how she wanted it to. TS was her fool, IMO.

Maybe Tommy lost his temper and admitted to harming Sheila due to Sheila's insults toward him. Maybe his lawyer resigned because Tommy just wouldn't follow his guidance, and now there is nothing left to defend. Perhaps he was also very rude to his lawyer. There is a good chance he is feeling very lost and alone. He does not have the support systems that HM seems to have. He may just have cracked under the strain and disappointment.

The problem with me believing that is HEATHER is the one with the loooooooong history of violence towards her mother.

I haven't heard anything about Tommy being a violent person. And why would he want to kill Sheila, he had nothing to gain but Heather sure did. Heather stood to gain her freedom and Sheila's house, belongings and $$$$$$.

No matter how tough life was for this girl, I know plenty of people who have had much worse situations to grow up in. None of them killed a parent or anyone else.

Oh wow, what are the chances that mother beating daughter HM, would find a guy in such a short time to kill her mother? Is he going to take the blame because it's true or because HM is pregnant?

A story from Australia’s 9news.com has a few slightly different details. Here are some excerpts:

Indonesian authorities previously claimed they have strong evidence against the pair and on Friday Djoko Heru Utomo, police chief in the Balinese capital Denpasar, said they had admitted their involvement in the case during questioning in recent days.

"Both suspects have confessed," he said, adding that Schaefer, 21, had admitted to carrying out the killing after an argument with the victim.

The daughter, 19, claimed she watched Schaefer kill her mother and then helped to stuff the body into the suitcase, said Utomo.

"The interrogation is continuing in order to get the full account," he added.​

This story, too, has no byline and it is attributed to AFP, which I only know as Agence France Presse. Is there an Austrialian news agency with those initials?

See: http://www.9news.com.au/world/2014/09/19/23/26/us-man-confesses-over-bali-suitcase-killing

The problem with me believing that is HEATHER is the one with the loooooooong history of violence towards her mother.

I haven't heard anything about Tommy being a violent person. And why would he want to kill Sheila, he had nothing to gain but Heather sure did. Heather stood to gain her freedom and Sheila's house, belongings and $$$$$$.

True, that's pretty much how I see it too. Heather was supposedly in the same hotel room at the time, and allowed her mother to be beaten to death? As for Tommy, I do remember one incident where TS got into an altercation, and maybe it's on his record, but I can't remember if it was all that violent. It's very hard for me to believe it was him that struck the first blow. What did he expect showing up there, most likely not invited by Sheila, on his free plane ticket with no money to pay his own way? Then, he takes offense and kills her?!!

A story from Australia’s 9news.com has a few slightly different details. Here are some excerpts:

Indonesian authorities previously claimed they have strong evidence against the pair and on Friday Djoko Heru Utomo, police chief in the Balinese capital Denpasar, said they had admitted their involvement in the case during questioning in recent days.

"Both suspects have confessed," he said, adding that Schaefer, 21, had admitted to carrying out the killing after an argument with the victim.

The daughter, 19, claimed she watched Schaefer kill her mother and then helped to stuff the body into the suitcase, said Utomo.

"The interrogation is continuing in order to get the full account," he added.​

This story, too, has no byline and it is attributed to AFP, which I only know as Agence France Presse. Is there an Austrialian news agency with those initials?

See: http://www.9news.com.au/world/2014/09/19/23/26/us-man-confesses-over-bali-suitcase-killing

The AFP is the Australian Federal Police. Not an news agency.

So maybe it is Agence France Presse, as I see a lot of pics on the internet attributed to AFP/Sonny Tumbelaka .... including photos of Heather Mack in Bali, Schapelle Corby in Bali, and Lindsay Sandiford in Bali. Probably Tumbelaka is based in Bali and sells his pics and reports to Aussie media.

This just makes me so angry! Sheila was not only killed but was striped of her rights to give this Tommy a talking to? He was ripping her off ffs! How can he be outraged by that, it was her money? This story isn't adding up.

Sorry, I meant that maybe Tommy lost his temper in interrogation (due to their pressure on him) .. not for the murder. Just went back and edited my post to make it clearer.

The AFP is the Australian Federal Police. Not an news agency.

So maybe it is Agence France Presse, as I see a lot of pics on the internet attributed to AFP/Sonny Tumbelaka .... including photos of Heather Mack in Bali, Schapelle Corby in Bali, and Lindsay Sandiford in Bali. Probably Tumbelaka is based in Bali and sells his pics and reports to Aussie media.

Yes, I just looked up Agence France Presse, and it is their logo on the 9news.com story.

I agree wholeheartedly with what you have said.

I'm concerned when they say TS was interrogated and confessed to the murder.

...and I'm concerned that reportedly HM is saying that she was a witness to all this only.

So, Heather watched her mother murdered?
What?
No screaming heard, no crying, NO screaming 'STOP!' and trying to wrestle TS off her mother? No defending her mother, or "Oh my G** you've killed my mother!" - no tears and hysterics, no running away from the person who killed her, or ringing the Police, or alerting the Hotel... but HM instead did try to fraud SvM credit card again, having sex, stuffing the body into a suitcase, leaving a deceased mother with a poor taxi driver, trying to fraud passports, hiding out in another Hotel - having sex again, trying to get out of Bali.

Something is not right - again :facepalm:

I know it sounds as if I am being very cynical of the MSM reports, but if true and there is a murder and a premeditated murder charge on the table, I think HM will be the one to face the premeditated aspect of the charges and it maybe her that will face the full extent of the laws of Bali.

ETA: But I don't believe HM was just a 'witness' at all. JMHO

Like us, I don't think the Indonesian police are convinced of HM just sitting back quietly or shaking with fear in the bathroom while her mother was being murdered by her relatively new, but insulted and hurt boyfriend.

"The interrogation is continuing in order to get the full account," he added.

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2014/0...itcase-killing

The story in the link below contains no information not previously posted on this board, and is consistent with the AP and AFP versions published earlier today, but it does acknowledge the contradiction we here have already discovered:

The Jakarta Post is reporting that Mack and Schaefer are still telling police they were attacked by robbers.​

See: http://patch.com/illinois/oakpark/c...& fire&utm_campaign=recirc&utm_content=normal

Like us, I don't think the Indonesian police are convinced of HM just sitting back quietly or shaking with fear in the bathroom while her mother was being murdered by her relatively new, but insulted and hurt boyfriend.

"The interrogation is continuing in order to get the full account," he added.

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2014/0...itcase-killing

Yes, I do believe you are spot on with that as well SA.

She has already lied to the Police about the Gang story.
The Police are not going to believe her - even if it has been reported that TS confessed to SvWM murder - who really knows what TS said (ETA) as well as just the confession.

This just makes me so angry! Sheila was not only killed but was striped of her rights to give this Tommy a talking to? He was ripping her off ffs! How can he be outraged by that, it was her money? This story isn't adding up.

Yeah but according to him, he was a "baller" and an "aspiring rapper/hip hop artist". She "dissed" (disrespected) him by expecting him to pay his own way. Violence is how many baller/rap artists deal with anyone who disrespects them. How dare she expect him to pay his way, why she ought to be glad to be in his company and just lay out the red carpet and finance his good time. :rolleyes:

( I hope you know I am being snarky. But in the world that TS imagined he belonged in (rapper/baller/etc) people get killed for dissing other. Look at all of the dead rap/hiphop artists and all their feuds over the stupidest imagined slights)

Oh I am sure HM filled his head with stories of her famous daddy, her inheritance, the money she felt belonged to her and that he mom stole from her. I am sure HM told him how she would beat her mom to get her way. She surely got him all pumped up on expectations, and having to pay his way was simply unacceptable (and financially impossible) for him to do.

I want them both to be equally responsible. She did NOTHING to stop it, helped to cover it up and has shown no remorse. She doesn't care about anything but saving her own but and getting out and getting her hands on that money.

http://www.news.com.au/world/pacifi...la-mack-revealed/story-fnh819y6-1227064190421
POLICE have revealed the motive for a pregnant teenage girl’s alleged murder of her mum in Bali, whose body was stuffed into a suitcase.
Denpasar police chief Djoko Hari Utomo said that motive for the murder appeared to be that Heather Mack’s boyfriend, Tommy Schaefer, was “offended” by the victim, Sheila Mack.
But Utomo would not elaborate in what way or how Schaefer felt offended by Sheila Mack, who was then murdered.
He also revealed that Heather Mack, who has been accused of murdering her mother, had so far confessed to witnessing the murder.
Utomo said police were still investigating the case but so far intend to charge the pair with premeditated murder, which carries the maximum death penalty, and with murder, which carries a 20-year maximum.

I'm guessing he was offended that Sheila was white, rich, disliked her daughter being with him, and pregnant by him, and him showing up there with the airfare on her credit card.

Thank you. I am on the same boat. I believe Heather killed her mother.

The Associated Press says that Tommy has confessed!

Excerpts from the article, which has no byline:
An American man has confessed that he killed his girlfriend’s mother in a luxury hotel on Indonesia’s Bali island, and the girlfriend has acknowledged helping him stuff the body into a suitcase, police said Friday.

“Schaefer confessed to killing von Wiese-Mack during police interrogation,” police chief Col. Djoko Heru Utomo told The Associated Press. “He was hurt and offended by the victim’s words in an argument with him. That is the motive for the murder.”

He said Mack, who is three months’ pregnant, admitted in a separate interrogation that she helped Schaefer stuff her mother’s body into a suitcase.

Utomo said Schaefer and Mack were accompanied by their Indonesian and U.S. lawyers during the interrogations.

The couple has yet to be formally charged. Utomo said officers hoped to complete their investigation and file their case with prosecutors before the couple’s detention period ends in mid-October.

See: http://www.suntimes.com/news/29978152-418/oak-park-man-confesses-to-murder-in-bali-resort-cops.html

ETA: The Guardian has published the same story: http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...tcase-murder-confess-police#start-of-comments
BBM. My heart bleeds for him, NOT! He's trying to get out of the premeditation. Still think he premeditated it since he stated on his Facebook he might not be coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member