GUILTY Bali - Sheila von Wiese Mack, 62, found dead in suitcase, 12 Aug 2014 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, a HM invention, indeed. James Mack was not rich until after his death. When he died, his estate was estimated at only about $150,000.

Surely the $150K represented only the assets which were dispersed via his will. I thought he had a trust and that this is place most of his assets were reposed.

Still, I agree with you that there's no evidence he was rich. And I would argue that Sheila wasn't rich, either. All this socialite talk is just journalist jabber. The fact that there is hardly anything to be found about Sheila except her murder indicates to me that she wasn't doing any of the kinds of things socialites do, because those things leave traces that we would have found: reports of attending charity balls (where names are the essence of an account of the thing), membership in clubs or civic organizations or service on a board, donations to charity (which often are reported on the relevant organization's websites as a thank you), and so on.

She was simply a comfortably well-off woman with intellectual and artistic interests. And a homicidal daughter.

I thought it seemed strange that they could tell from video surveillance that he was hiding something under his shirt too. But if it was a large fruit bowl I guess it would have been noticeable on video that there was something under there I suppose. Hope we get to see all these videos eventually.

Maybe he also was seen on the video using one or both of his hands to keep the thing in place. This might have made it very obvious, in spite of Tommy's crude attempts at hiding it.

Great find Orange Tabby. So Tommy is denying any part in the murder and so is she. Although she is blaming him, he is not outright blaming her. And the broken fruit bowl pieces were found in both rooms. Not sure what to make of that.

MOO

Yes, great find! What alerts if any do you use, may I ask Orange Tabby? This just tells me Heather is outright blaming Tommy. Tommy is keeping his mouth shut save saying I did not murder her. I have to say that given Heather's history I can believe that this "feels" like the most reliable/plausible report I've read so far. Tommy has a Mother still in touch with him and is probably advising him to remain tight lipped, and listen
to his Bali lawyer as most Americans would. Heather on the other hand very likely has no family support, none and I'm not sure what close family friends given we have no US reports of anyone supporting her
from within the States or advising her (save Elkin who we know sees "the BIG case" in his legal career) and frankly what accounts of past friends coming forth and giving testimonials about her compassionate
nature and saying they know she could never murder her Mom have we heard or seen? None, nada, not a one, not a peep along those lines from anyone. She is probably, just guessing from my work with teens is acting as usual in keeping with her past history accepting no responsibility and attempting to manipulate at every chance she gets. The whole fruit bowl theory is still too jumbled to make sense to me...now the handles are iron? But I wouldn't rule out the breaking the bowl for a weapon with a sharp edge idea either.

Yes, great find! What alerts if any do you use, may I ask Orange Tabby? ... [SBM]

I just do it the old-fashioned way: I Google! :)

I've never set up any alerts because I figured I'd get too much dreck. After all, any time there is movement in this case, a story which first appears then re-appears again in dozens if not hundreds of guises.

I just do it the old-fashioned way: I Google! :)

I've never set up any alerts because I figured I'd get too much dreck. After all, any time there is movement in this case, a story which first appears then re-appears again in dozens if not hundreds of guises.

Exactly! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member