GUILTY Bali - Sheila von Wiese Mack, 62, found dead in suitcase, 12 Aug 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And let us not forget this information about a possible new lawyer that Fig Tree pointed out to us in the last thread.

Police intended to interrogate Mr Schaefer on Thursday, but it was postponed after it became apparent his family in Chicago had appointed another lawyer for him.

It's likely the new lawyer will be Muhammad Rifan, who represented five of the Bali Nine, including death row inmates Myuran Sukumaran and Andrew Chan.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/racist-...der-police-20141002-10phdy.html#ixzz3F6bHXaDa

South Aussie also linked us with some information about Mr Rifan in the last thread.

I just don't understand how this could be a premeditated murder: when you plan a murder your first consideration is how do you get away with it? You would do something like go for a trip to the mountains, push her off and explain "She slipped" or go back to Chicago where the newspapers would post "Local Socialite Murdered in Mugging Gone Wrong". But killing her in a motel room with all the surveillance cameras, etc point directly at Heather and Tommy as being the primary suspects.

TS & HM apparently weren't aware there were surveillance cameras everywhere at the hotel. :giggle:

TS & HM's first story was that they were attacked by a gang, managed to escape (except SWM), and ended up at a hotel by the airport, had sex and spent all afternoon and night thinking about alerting LE about "the gang" that was supposedly holding SWM hostage or killing her. [OK - I embellished a little at the very end there - no reports they thought about alerting LE at all.]

I guess "the gang" was supposed to have been held responsible for clearing out the safe deposit box if TS & HM had been able to get at it.

We need to count the brain cells between them! JMO

Premeditation?

... the hotel's surveillance camera video shows that Schaefer took a piece of iron from his room and hid it under his shirt as he went to von Wiese-Mack's room. He said the iron appeared to be the grip of a fruit bowl provided by the hotel in his room, and investigators found bits of iron matching the piece in the victim's wound. ...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/03/bali-hotel-murder_n_5926256.html?utm_hp_ref=crime

TS & HM apparently weren't aware there were surveillance cameras everywhere at the hotel. :giggle:

TS & HM's first story was that they were attacked by a gang, managed to escape (except SWM), and ended up at a hotel by the airport, had sex and thought about alerting LE. [OK - I embellished a little at the very end there - no reports they thought about alerting LE.]

I guess "the gang" was supposed to have been held responsible for clearing out the safe deposit box if TS & HM had been able to get at it.

We need to count the brain cells between them! JMO

We know they had SWM's cc and used it to pay for the hotel room near the airport. If they had been able to get their passports they may have gotten further but there is no way these two could have thought they were possibly going to get away after bringing the bloody suitcase down to the taxi and let me ask if anyone knows this, can the front desk open the safe remotely? The only ones I have encountered I believe required an actual staff member to manually open it, how did they plan on explaining the condition of the room? I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt to a very, very small degree that they were not able to think clearly on the heels of such a horrific event, especially Tommy due to fatigue but even then there is some level of madness, somewhere that must have been present...and I'm betting it was in the form of Heather.

I believe the safe deposit box was near the hotel lobby desk and had to be opened by an authorized hotel employee. JMO

I believe the safe deposit box was near the hotel lobby desk and had to be opened by an authorized hotel employee. JMO

There is a free personal safe in all the rooms and then there are safety deposit boxes to rent at the front reception that you can use for more security. These can only be opened by hotel staff. And only on the authorization of the person who rented the box. Just like a bank.

MOO

So maybe the having been served KFC while in jail and the subsequent contrived, IMO, and very public racial offense our dynamic duo took was to help bolster the notion that one or both had a very short and violent fuse when it came to offensive racial terms and to help support the contrived, IMO, notion that if an offensive racial term was flung out at one or both that there would certainly be a violent, spur of the moment reaction???

Just a bloody shame, if true, that those sneaky CCTV cameras caught TS hiding the murder weapon under his shirt while slinking down to and entering the M's room. :notgood: :snarc: :giggle:

That's a new pic I've not seen. Any other evidence ones like that?

The yellow bag may have been something they brought with them or something they picked up at the other hotel. Maybe they bought something and it was wrapped in that bag? Still wondering about the "stone statue" that the daily mail indicated was in the bag with SWM?

MOO

It still blows my mind to see all that evidence spread out in a parking lot.

I'm curious about the "stone statue" too. TS giving thought to needing a weapon to beat a 62 yr. old mother, and then claiming she made him mad, makes him sound like a heartless, uncivilized . MOO

Yep - that was a new photo from the latest article which I wasn't able to correctly link in the last post.

The first photo at the link may also be new to us though I'm sure we've seen something very similar to it in the past.

Here's the correct link:
http://www.news.com.au/world/bali-s...-in-front-of-her/story-fndir2ev-1227079609936

At first, I thought that was a silly hat in the trunk.
Now, I think it's an evidence bucket on top of a plate holder.
Did they really lay those sheets right onto pavement?
Surprises me how different they handle evidence compared to the US.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...r-boyfriend-charged-2&p=10953357#post10953357

09-12-2014, 03:41 PM #634
SouthAussie

And this is what Mr Suroso says about pre-charge detention in Bali ....

"Under Indonesian law they can be held in detention for twenty days, however if the court requires an extension it can be extended to 40 days. The maximum time they can spend in detention before being transferred to the prison authorities is three months."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...or-drug-smuggling-says-they-are-innocent.html

So, based on the above:

8/12/14
SWM was murdered

8/13/14 TS & HM were apprehended; 20-day detention period begins

9/2/14 20-day detention period ends; 40-day extension begins

10/12/14 40-day extension ends; two full months post crime

11/13/14 If LE maxes out TS & HM's detention time; three full months + one day post crime; transfer to prison authorities

So maybe the having been served KFC while in jail and the subsequent contrived, IMO, and very public racial offense our dynamic duo took was to help bolster the notion that one or both had a very short and violent fuse when it came to offensive racial terms and to help support the contrived, IMO, notion that if an offensive racial term was flung out at one or both that there would certainly be a violent, spur of the moment reaction???

Just a bloody shame, if true, that those sneaky CCTV cameras caught TS hiding the murder weapon under his shirt while slinking down to and entering the M's room. :notgood: :snark: :giggle:

Interesting point about the racist KFC. If i remember right, it was HM who was offended by that. Seems like she has a history of being perpetually offended and completely unappreciative of all of the niceties of her life and was greatly angered by all of the efforts of her mother.

Rather than appreciating things, she was quite angry that she was not given more. Nothing was ever good enough and she certainly felt entitled to steal from her mother and when confronted. showed no remorse and became violent.

How very frustrating for Sheila to try and do for her daughter and appease her only to have her efforts making her daughter more unappreciative and angry.

Well I don't think HM will have to worry about people doing nice things for her anymore. How ironic is her comment "'i refuse to let someone say what i can do, gettin (sic) money my attitude you know what it do #bali" ? Now she is locked up, being told what she can do (and not do) and "gettin money" doesn't seem very likely at this point.

It was HM's-you've-got-really-bad-international-press-attny who relayed to the world that HM was offended by being served fried chicken.

I thought TS somehow got word out also that he took offense to the meal as well?

I just don't understand how this could be a premeditated murder: when you plan a murder your first consideration is how do you get away with it? You would do something like go for a trip to the mountains, push her off and explain "She slipped" or go back to Chicago where the newspapers would post "Local Socialite Murdered in Mugging Gone Wrong". But killing her in a motel room with all the surveillance cameras, etc point directly at Heather and Tommy as being the primary suspects.
Oftentimes people who plan murders only plan it that far, not how they will escape, clean up, etc., or it doesn't go as they planned. Just look how sloppy Jodi Arias's cleanup was.

Just a bloody shame, if true, that those sneaky CCTV cameras caught TS hiding the murder weapon under his shirt while slinking down to and entering the M's room. :notgood: :snarc: :giggle:
I'm sure you're right that that gave them the thought to use it as motive.

@Quester - post #36
It was HM's-you've-got-really-bad-international-press-attny who relayed to the world that HM was offended by being served fried chicken.
I thought TS somehow got word out also that he took offense to the meal as well?

Yes, it was HM who was offended about the KFC and put it into a racist context - which I thought at the time was a very strange thing to do. Now the investigation is focused on TS with a similar offense and used an an excuse for murdering Sheila. Its too coincidental for my liking with these two HM & TS.

What was so offensive about the KFC?
I don't understand.
Could someone explain?

@Fig Tree, with the article posted by Orange Tabby this morning after reading it, I believe that is true.
Now this...note the small differences in the story.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...m_hp_ref=crime

Thankyou for the link.
I wondered if HM's lawyers are keeping her name off the grid at the moment.
The MSM focus seems to be TS at the moment.

I found this pic of another fruit bowl at the St Regis ... trying to find a pic of a fruit bowl that has a metal handle or grip. I think this one has a metal grip, the pedestal, although it is hard to tell what it is made of. Thinking perhaps the pedestal was broken away from the bowl and used as a weapon?

Not that we are going to know until/if we see the evidence at the trial.

It could be made of wood, however. A lot of Balinese items are made of wood. We import a significant amount of their beautifully carved wood items.

2039_14_regis-bali_fsa-g.jpg

http://www.fivestaralliance.com/luxury-hotels/bali/st-regis-resort-bali/gallery/2039_14_regis-bali

This is as big as I can get it .. but it kind of blurs at this magnification.

2wpnr0k.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member