GUILTY Bali - Sheila von Wiese Mack, 62, found dead in suitcase, 12 Aug 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Quester - post #36

Yes, it was HM who was offended about the KFC and put it into a racist context - which I thought at the time was a very strange thing to do. Now the investigation is focused on TS with a similar offense and used an an excuse for murdering Sheila. Its too coincidental for my liking with these two HM & TS.

What was so offensive about the KFC?
I don't understand.
Could someone explain?

Thankyou for the link.
I wondered if HM's lawyers are keeping her name off the grid at the moment.
The MSM focus seems to be TS at the moment.
KFC- Kentucky Fried Chicken originated in the South US. Slavery was common in the South in the Civil War Era. That's the only connection I got.
I think most black people today wouldn't hesitate to eat KFC if they like it. I know Popeye's is very popular. I prefer the taste of KFC.

KFC- Kentucky Fried Chicken originated in the South US. Slavery was common in the South in the Civil War Era. That's the only connection I got.
I think most black people today wouldn't hesitate to eat KFC if they like it. I know Popeye's is very popular. I prefer the taste of KFC.

Here's a good link to explain how the stereotype of black people and fried chicken came to be...

http://www.npr.org/blogs/codeswitch...e-did-that-fried-chicken-stereotype-come-from

And I don't understand why HM seemed to be embracing only her black heritage and not her white other than her contempt for her mother for unknown reasons.

MOO

I found this pic of another fruit bowl at the St Regis ... trying to find a pic of a fruit bowl that has a metal handle or grip. I think this one has a metal grip, the pedestal, although it is hard to tell what it is made of. Thinking perhaps the pedestal was broken away from the bowl and used as a weapon?

Not that we are going to know until/if we see the evidence at the trial.

It could be made of wood, however. A lot of Balinese items are made of wood. We import a significant amount of their beautifully carved wood items.

2039_14_regis-bali_fsa-g.jpg

http://www.fivestaralliance.com/luxury-hotels/bali/st-regis-resort-bali/gallery/2039_14_regis-bali

This is as big as I can get it .. but it kind of blurs at this magnification.

2wpnr0k.jpg

The fruit bowl thing has me stumped I have to say. Other than that big glass one I posted on the other thread (which is shown sitting in a metal base in other photos) this is the only type of fruit bowl, other than the one in your pictures above, that I can find in any of the pictures online of the rooms. And we have to remember that SWM and TS's rooms were just suites within the main building and not villas either on the lagoon or on the ocean so they would likely have the cheaper amenities in them since those would likely be the cheaper rooms.

2lmucci.jpg

http://hackmytrip.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/IMG_0172.jpg

MOO

I too have wondered about this fruit bowl, perhaps the first ever used as a murder weapon. Checked out St. Regis Bali rooms, suites, and villas, Trip Adviser and more. Each shows different pics of fruit in different bowls. Also struck by the absolute, unwavering insistence from St Regis Staff that the murder weapon absolutely came from TS's room 616. How would they know this? Only thing I can think of is that St. Regis customizes each room. This way, returning guests can request the same room as last time for a similar experience as last time. Or, a different room for a completely new experience. But I may be wrong and this is JMO.

Some more pictures of a room at the resort. The picture of the fruit bowl this person received looks breakable but check out the one in the picture of the spa. Second picture at this link...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/21065622@N08/sets/72157611411457842/

I wonder if they've ever used that type of dish to display fruit in a room? Although those one's usually screw together so I can't see any reason to break the glass to get at the middle rods.

I've also seen a lot of other things in every room that would act well as a weapon. Just one of those full glass bottles of water would do the trick I would think. I REALLY want to know now what happened. Nothing is making sense at this point.

When does the trial start? LOL

MOO

I too have wondered about this fruit bowl, perhaps the first ever used as a murder weapon. Checked out St. Regis Bali rooms, suites, and villas, Trip Adviser and more. Each shows different pics of fruit in different bowls. Also struck by the absolute, unwavering insistence from St Regis Staff that the murder weapon absolutely came from TS's room 616. How would they know this? Only thing I can think of is that St. Regis customizes each room. This way, returning guests can request the same room as last time for a similar experience as last time. Or, a different room for a completely new experience. But I may be wrong and this is JMO.

Quite possible. Because I haven't seen two of the same fruit bowl yet. Just similar ones. And none of them "glass" with the exception of that big one. But that one is also used in the breakfast buffet. I've only seen it in one picture of a very large villa suite with full kitchen.

I wonder if we'll ever get a straight story before the trial?? :pullhair:

Now this article says forget the fruit bowl, it was just a piece of iron under the shirt .. same as Huffington Post story, I think.

Security cameras for the hotel shot Schaefer leaving his room with a piece of iron that appeared to come from the grip to a fruit bowl that the hotel provides in each room, according to Sadiarta.

Schaefer, he continued, can be seen hiding the iron under his shirt while entering von Wiese-Mack's room.

A piece of iron found in the victim's fatal wound matches the iron he was carrying, according to investigators.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...man-bali-hotel-room-suspect-article-1.1962377

So what happened to all the glass? That's the first thing we heard of was all the broken glass in the room with TS's fingerprints. Speculation was that it was a vase or an ashtray. We've looked at every fruit bowl we can find online and they just are not glass. Nor do they have iron handles or "grips". The murder weapon seems like such a basic thing for the reporters to get right.

So frustrating.

MOO

The author has added a recap and I'm right with him on his 10-3 post. I think Heather is the real monster.

http://wreckvhavoc.blogspot.com/2014/08/vacation-to-hell.html

This is also may be why some of the photos look familiar. Also, I am a woman of color, in fact I am a very fair complexioned Black much like Heather as I have one white grandparent on both my maternal and paternal sides, that is both of my parents had one white parent. But let me explain in what context the chicken would be offensive. It had nada to do with it being KFC and the link Kamille provided is instructive. While there is a stereotype certain foods like fried chicken being associated with Black folks, and watermelon is another one, I highly doubt Heather was offended by the chicken as a racist gesture but I think Heather was "playing the race card" much like she claimed her pregnancy was ectopic so she needed to be sent back to the US, claiming she was sexually touched and man handled, she is a manipulative piece of work and I'm sure all her life if Heather did not get her way she threw some kind of fit and presto Mama and Daddy gave in. I'm sure she was a constant liar growing up to evade having to take responsibility and it's her coping skill and she will continue to use it now, it's all she knows how to do.

Now lets say you and your spouse are white and you find out I'm Black because I told you so (because it is the rare white person that can tell I'm Black) and then you invite me over and you serve fried chicken and watermelon for dinner because you assumed that all Blacks enjoy them, so must I....now I am a little offended because you made that assumption, that's the difference. It IS a very touchy subject in the Black community as Heather would know so I think she was using anything and everything to deflect because she knows she's in deep sh.., I mean deep stuff now. If fact I'm betting she is wishing she was being fed some good old KFC now.

I was also checking different room types and prices on the St Regis booking website. Since August is still within their "dry season", the prices are higher than in the "wet season". The cheapest room, and that is just a basic suite within the main hotel, with a bedroom and sitting area all in one, plus a balcony, no ocean view, came up as $861USD per night for August 2015. And that does not include any food or beverages, not even a breakfast buffet. No wonder SWM said she wasn't paying for his accommodation, WTH were these two thinking? Did they have any idea what rooms at that hotel cost? I wonder if he even got anything to eat from the time he got there until the murder, besides the fruit in his room. :rolleyes:

I was also checking different room types and prices on the St Regis booking website. Since August is still within their "dry season", the prices are higher than in the "wet season". The cheapest room, and that is just a basic suite within the main hotel, with a bedroom and sitting area all in one, plus a balcony, no ocean view, came up as $861USD per night for August 2015. And that does not include any food or beverages, not even a breakfast buffet. No wonder SWM said she wasn't paying for his accommodation, WTH were these two thinking? Did they have any idea what rooms at that hotel cost? I wonder if he even got anything to eat from the time he got there until the murder, besides the fruit in his room. :rolleyes:

That's why I wonder if Heather charged the ticket unbeknownst to Mom and had lead Tommy to believe that SWM would be picking up his tab, hence the heated discussion in the lobby.

Oh and there is a chocolate fondue set up beside the fruit bowl in some of the pictures I've seen. It's a white china bowl set atop an iron base with a candle in it to warm the chocolate. There are three glasses of items to dip placed around the fondue. I assume if it is provided to everyone, it is only provided on check in and not replenished daily. I think I read that it is the butler who sets this up. Not sure if they would be doing something like this for a person checking into a basic suite in the middle of the night, assuming that TS did check into a basic suite. But that might be another possibility for what he took with him to SWM's room. The base of the chocolate fondue bowl. I'll see if I can find a picture again.

ETA:
28helxx.png

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tosshhii/3455643686/in/photostream/

That's why I wonder if Heather charged the ticket unbeknownst to Mom and had lead Tommy to believe that SWM would be picking up his tab, hence the heated discussion in the lobby.

So you're thinking that Tommy didn't know he was going to be an unwelcome surprise guest on this vacation? Heather set it up for a confrontation between him and her mother?

So you're thinking that Tommy didn't know he was going to be an unwelcome surprise guest on this vacation? Heather set it up for a confrontation between him and her mother?

My guess is as good as the rest of you guys and may be far off the mark.

I think there is a real possibility that Heather had a plan of some sort to steal whatever currency, jewels and use the CC's as long as they could and travel as long as they could. Shelia didn't press charges against Heather for the Conrad incident or her many other thefts, I'm sure she thought there would be as in the past no consequences and let's just say I can see where Heather might tell him Mom was going to pay for the room with points or put it on her tab and he believed it. I mentioned before my area of work is with juveniles and abuse and neglect, basically with young kids and criminals and has been pretty much so all my working life but there is just something not quite sitting right with me...just what I haven't figured it out yet. I don't think that there was necessarily a plan to kill Sheila and that he went there knowing that was the plan, I just don't see that much in his past that are real red flags and to be honest while I think he fancied himself as a hipster/rapper, he does not fit the mold of what would be considered a hardcore hiphop gangster banger. Was it Heather's plan? I can see that as a real possibility tho. It's clear something went terribly awry after his arrival. I keep thinking about SWM being seen in the lobby at what was it 3:45a??? Why was she still up?

Hi everybody!

I don't think SWM knew TS was coming. Someone would have to have provided a credit card to secure his room before he could check in. I think that may be why SWM was down in the lobby in the wee hours of the morning instead of asleep. I can't see why TS and HM would have awakened her if they didn't have to.

Something in the latest scenario has really left me confused. I was certain Heather was the attacker and that it was spontaneous. Now I'm not so sure.

If TS went to SWM's room armed with some kind of make-shift weapon, he anticipated violence, meaning it was pre-meditated.

I'm beginning to think it was pre-meditated. HM's father died while overseas on vacation, there was a lawsuit, $$$. I wonder if HM thought she and TS could sort of recreate that scenario: Mom dies overseas (killed by bandits), lawsuit, $$$.

Weren't HM and SWM scheduled to leave a day after SWM died anyway? If TS had a return ticket for the same day, perhaps he and HM originally thought they'd be safely on a plane and out of reach before SWM was found.

Hi everybody!

I don't think SWM knew TS was coming. Someone would have to have provided a credit card to secure his room before he could check in. I think that may be why SWM was down in the lobby in the wee hours of the morning instead of asleep. I can't see why TS and HM would have awakened her if they didn't have to.

Something in the latest scenario has really left me confused. I was certain Heather was the attacker and that it was spontaneous. Now I'm not so sure.

If TS went to SWM's room armed with some kind of make-shift weapon, he anticipated violence, meaning it was pre-meditated.

I'm beginning to think it was pre-meditated. HM's father died while overseas on vacation, there was a lawsuit, $$$. I wonder if HM thought she and TS could sort of recreate that scenario: Mom dies overseas (killed by bandits), lawsuit, $$$.

Weren't HM and SWM scheduled to leave a day after SWM died anyway? If TS had a return ticket for the same day, perhaps he and HM originally thought they'd be safely on a plane and out of reach before SWM was found.

What if Heather attacks SWM and she then calls Tommy and tells him Mom attacked her and they fought, she doesn't know if she's alive or dead and so he grabs a weapon guessing SWM is not going to be happy to see him? That takes premeditation out of it for him.

I like your theory about Heather's line of thinking regarding her Dad's death and such. Welcome, great 1st post!

My guess is as good as the rest of you guys and may be far off the mark.

I think there is a real possibility that Heather had a plan of some sort to steal whatever currency, jewels and use the CC's as long as they could and travel as long as they could. Shelia didn't press charges against Heather for the Conrad incident or her many other thefts, I'm sure she thought there would be as in the past no consequences and let's just say I can see where Heather might tell him Mom was going to pay for the room with points or put it on her tab and he believed it. I mentioned before my area of work is with juveniles and abuse and neglect, basically with young kids and criminals and has been pretty much so all my working life but there is just something not quite sitting right with me...just what I haven't figured it out yet. I don't think that there was necessarily a plan to kill Sheila and that he went there knowing that was the plan, I just don't see that much in his past that are real red flags and to be honest while I think he fancied himself as a hipster/rapper, he does not fit the mold of what would be considered a hardcore hiphop gangster banger. Was it Heather's plan? I can see that as a real possibility tho. It's clear something went terribly awry after his arrival. I keep thinking about SWM being seen in the lobby at what was it 3:45a??? Why was she still up?

I'm with you on the something is not quite sitting right feeling, especially in light of this information that TS took something with him from his room, hidden under his clothing, and used it to bludgeon SWM to death. And that SWM appeared to have been up all night if we are to believe the 6:45am call to reception was her as well asking for a wake up call. And why the wake up call for 10am which would only give her a 3 hr nap? Did SWM have plans for that day? Or was that part of the set up? They had SWM out of the room by 10am so was someone supposed to start looking for her at that point? While they had her tucked away in a suitcase and were in the process of hiding her body. But the crime scene was messier than they anticipated. And then they couldn't get access to HM's passport. So everything kind of went awry after that.

Do we know what day SWM and HM boarded their flight to Bali and what day they were supposed to board to return? Does the 10 days include the one day of travelling time each way? So if they left on the 3rd to arrive in Bali on the 4th, were they supposed to leave Bali on the 12th to arrive in Chicago on the 13th? Were they actually going to check out that day or evening and head for the airport? Has anyone figured out the math including the 12 hour time zone difference? It's boggling my mind. I'll try to enter something into a booking engine and see what I come up with.

MOO

Hi everybody!

Welcome ajaylee :welcome:

Good thoughts on the lawsuit angle. Although HM's father's lawsuit was from a vacation that he took that he returned alive from, with a cut on his foot. It was the resulting infection that caused him his problems and that they were suing over. There was no lawsuit or settlement regarding the vacation that he actually died on. Although after he died, I believe the lawsuit against the cruise line in the original case was ramped up to reflect that he died from possible complications due to his injury.

But HM was young when all this happened. She may not know the actual details of a lot of things, including how much money her parent's received from that lawsuit. Or how much her father's estate was worth at the time of his death. She may have thought her mother was worth a lot more than she let on and figured her mother was lying if she said she wasn't.

So in a premeditated plan, they may have been expecting a larger windfall.

MOO

gracehatter, I agree that it's possible that HM initiated the attack and then called TS for help. That would get him off the hook for pre-meditation.

Kamille, I also agree that I don't think HM has any real understanding of money or her father's estate.

I think I recall reading that HM's testimony played a large part in the lawsuit against the cruise line and that it was very hard on her. That seemed slightly odd to me: if the issue is the quality of availability of medical treatment, how relevant is the testimony of the child? Perhaps it was just to tug at the judge/jury's heart strings.

It would be interesting to know exactly why the $500K was awarded to SWM. I wonder if it was because the court didn't think Heather was stable enoughy to be in control of the money when she turned 18.

I'm looking forward to the start of the trial, so we can finally hear TS's version of events. I wonder if they will be tried together or allowed contact before the trial. Unless an exception is made, I think once they've actually been brought up on charges, they get transferred to Kerobokan for the duration. Where they are now is a 5-star hotel compared to Kerobokan.

Okay if you use the departure dates Aug 2 - Aug 12, you arrive in Bali on Aug 4th and you arrive back in Chicago on August 13th because of the time zone changes. But it's still basically 10 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper