GUILTY Bali - Sheila von Wiese Mack, 62, found dead in suitcase, 12 Aug 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
O.k. I'm finally over to the premeditated side. I think it was planned before they left for Bali and yes, TS and HM were too stupid to look up murder in Indonesia and figured they would be able to slip out of the country before Sheila was found....

I"m betting Sheila knew about the baby and was pushing for an abortion and was trying to show HM how nice her life would be as a young, rich girl without TS or his baby.... Vacations in Bali, etc....

Why don't we see any marks on TS's neck from SvWM's attempt to strangle him? How can a 5'5" woman reach up and strangle a 6'3" man who is one-third her age? Is he serious about this being self defense? Piggy backing on what Gracehatter says, looks like they're demonizing SvWM and calling it self defense and defending baby. BS...BS...BS...IMO

Well, I may be off on my dates about the baby, but one thing is sure in my mind-- that baby was planned by HM as a tool for her and with a job to do.... Either the inheritance was going to bypass HM and she was going to attempt to get it through the baby or something....

And, yeah, I seriously don't see SVM calling TS a "N" or trying to strangle him....

Well that is the biggest load of bull from a strewn together story, based on evidence released weeks after the fact, that I think I've ever seen in a case.

Keeping them apart did nothing to establish the truth. They managed to collaborate with each other anyway via their lawyers. And no surprise that they put the blame squarely on the victim and even managed to throw in that she was a bipolar thief. That HM is a real piece of work I tell you. She got blood on her from hugging her mother? Please. I also take it there was no fruit in the bowl. :rolleyes:

Premeditated for both. Since they're making up stories I say the Bali prosecution make up one of their own based on the evidence and sentence them both to life in prison at minimum.

MOO

O.k. I'm finally over to the premeditated side. I think it was planned before they left for Bali and yes, TS and HM were too stupid to look up murder in Indonesia and figured they would be able to slip out of the country before Sheila was found.

If this true, please, please let them have been stupid enough to have left some tracks in cyberspace or thru their phones texting. (This where the FBI comes in) that gets handed to the state. Yes, Shelia is getting ready to be ripped from stem to stern as it were. They are going to try to show she was violent, bipolar and subject to mood swings (remember the tidbit about her behavior at the first hotel?) and she's a thief. I think the latter is an especially clever approach, it neatly cleans up Tommy hiding the weapon, regardless of how absurd and possibly lays the groundwork for SWM stealing HM's money if they feel a
need to go that route. I'll be honest the statement about Heather wanting to be free to raise her child made me sick.

ETA: I wonder if they are going to try and say Heather was in some ways abused emotionally by her bipolar Mother after the devastating death of SWM's husband and the equally devastated HM of her Father.

Heather the Robot

An article in today's Sydney Morning Herald by Michael Bachelard says that Heather and Tommy offered a re-creation of the murder today and that Tommy did it all while Heather ran into the bathroom to avoid seeing the fight. She had blood on her clothes because she hugged her mother's body after she was dead.

The reconstruction took place inside room 317 of the St. Regis and was, according to lawyers, based on facts agreed by both Tommy and Heather.

Tommy's attack was prompted by Sheila using the n-word to describe Tommy as well as Heather's unborn baby. Heather says she ran into the bathroom when Tommy began attacking Sheila. Tommy hit Sheila four times with the handle of the fruit bowl. The idea to stuff the body in a suitcase was Tommy's.

The pair appear to be claiming that Sheila threatened to kill the baby and Heather also claims her mother suffered from bipolar disorder.

Excerpts:

Schaefer apparently confessed to the murder on Friday, but has said he was provoked by racist comments...

According to Mr Raja, Schaefer had only arrived at the Nusa Dua hotel from the United States at 2am on the day of the murder, and Mack, without her mother's knowledge, had gone to greet him.

The following morning at 8am, Mack ... had urged her boyfriend to visit von Wiese-Mack in her room. He had brought with him the fruit bowl — the property of the hotel — as a gift to a woman who souvenired hotel property wherever she stayed.

That was the reason he was hiding the bowl under his shirt — it was not that he intended to kill her, the lawyer said.

But inside room 317, an argument began over Mack's pregnancy. Von Wiese-Mack then made offensive comments about Schaefer and his baby both being "******s". Statements to police suggest von Wiese-Mack also threatened to kill the baby.

During the argument, as Schaefer was standing by the bed, von Wiese-Mack had her hands around his throat as if to strangle him - a scene that was re-enacted and photographed as part of Monday's reconstruction.​

The pair were reported as crying during the reconstruction.

Heather's lawyer claims that a few weeks ago, Heather was hospitalised for three days because she had been neither eating nor drinking, and a doctor was concerned she might lose the baby.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/daughte...cted-like-a-robot-lawyer-20141013-115k3o.html

Wow, what a load of malarkey. As if HM is some frail innocent who was scared of violence and had to run and avert her eyes from such a scary sight. Oh please. We all know HM was quite capable of violence and was NOT remorseful for assaulting her mother and had even broken bones of her mother. Then after her mother's brutal death she just casually checks out with the killer, gets another hotel where they continue their little love fest until they are caught.

Sure, that sounds completely reasonable ( NOT!!!!)

So Sheila was hit four times with the weapon according to this story. That might be the only part that is true. But what was HM doing, sitting in the bathroom and counting the blows?

I was almost ready to believe that this was an argument that went out of control until I heard this story and the confirmation that TS had the fruit bowl under his shirt. That room is a suite. Why did this altercation take place beside the bed when there is a separate sitting area? Isnt that where you would go to "discuss" things with your unwanted guest? I almost see her getting hit while sleeping, being startled and jumping out of the bed, before being hit three more times.

MOO

So Sheila was hit four times with the weapon according to this story. That might be the only part that is true. But what was HM doing, sitting in the bathroom and counting the blows?

I was almost ready to believe that this was an argument that went out of control until I heard this story and the confirmation that TS had the fruit bowl under his shirt. That room is a suite. Why did this altercation take place beside the bed when there is a separate sitting area? Isnt that where you would go to "discuss" things with your unwanted guest? I almost see her getting hit while sleeping, being startled and jumping out of the bed, before being hit three more times.

MOO

...And why would she confront him half-naked?

Wow, what a load of malarkey. As if HM is some frail innocent who was scared of violence and had to run and avert her eyes from such a scary sight. Oh please. We all know HM was quite capable of violence and was NOT remorseful for assaulting her mother and had even broken bones of her mother. Then after her mother's brutal death she just casually checks out with the killer, gets another hotel where they continue their little love fest until they are caught.

Sure, that sounds completely reasonable ( NOT!!!!)

Yeah, this is the girl who deliberately hit or probably kicked her mother in a place where she already had a broken bone to inflict more pain. This is the girl who was hiding in the bathroom frightened of the violence.

Please tell me the FBi has their phones and has been able to recover deleted text messages.

MOO

I'm waiting for LE to drop a detail bomb that blows a giant hole through this latest concocted story. JMHO

So can we assume that SWM had an actual bipolar diagnosis? Did she take medication for this? Was medication found in the hotel room?

Can her lawyer be so foolish as to allow a claim like that to go on record without a means to back it up?

MOO

So can we assume that SWM had an actual bipolar diagnosis? Did she take medication for this? Was medication found in the hotel room?

Can her lawyer be so foolish as to allow a claim like that to go on record without a means to back it up?

MOO

I can't imagine the duo, along with their attorneys, would put out the bipolar part unless it was true - perhaps one of the few truths in the latest concocted story. JMO

Still waiting to hear if there was an in-room safe and if it was damaged from trying to force it open.

It was a very interesting suggestion by one of our WSers, sorry don't remember who, that perhaps TS entered the room with the iron handle, perhaps in part or solely, to try to open the in-room safe, if one existed.

Still waiting to hear if there was an in-room safe and if it was damaged from trying to force it open.

It was a very interesting suggestion by one of our WSers, sorry don't remember who, that perhaps TS entered the room with the iron handle to try to open the in-room safe, if one existed.

Except it sounds like he did have the entire fruit bowl under his shirt. Which makes more sense as far as CCTV being able to see him hiding something. He likely didn't get access to just the metal handle until the bowl was broken, presumably in SWM's room. Now was it broken by hitting her with it or was it broken on something hard to get at the metal?

Who would think of this in an argument? Why would he still be holding the bowl beside her bed if it was an "offering"? Why would SWM attack a man a foot taller than her for getting her 18yr old legal age daughter pregnant. Why would she do it with the other person who constantly attacked her in the room? In all 86 reports, not once did HM claim SWM was violent or laid a hand on her did she?

I'm sure we'll all be able to poke dozens of holes in this story before Bali LE unleash their bombshell evidence. If they do.

To be honest, my concern is that they just don't really have a big interest in this case and they don't want to be bothered holding these two for any length of time and dealing with an American being pregnant in their prison, not to mention a spoiled princess one. I'm worried that they'll just accept the story, get HM out of their hair by letting her go and giving TS the minimum 15 years, with the possibility of less time for good behavior. HM will inherit her mothers money because there is no conviction and she'll use it to raise her child and "wait for TS" to get out of prison so they can be together. Just like a bad movie of the week.

MOO

I'm still in a state of shock.

I guess the lawyers got together, told them one or both of you are going down, and TS decided to take the fall.

I wonder if SWM's 'bipolar' diagnosis is as reliable as HM's 'ectopic pregnancy' diagnosis.

Please tell me the FBi has their phones and has been able to recover deleted text messages.

MOO

Oh god, I think I just saw a pic with Heather holding her phone after her arrest...brb.

Yep, it's the first pic in the link I posted this morning. I remember thinking that I had not seen either of those before, that one nor the one of Tommy which came from a FB page. Let's hope someone confiscated it.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/08/18/article-2727674-209D43A000000578-219_306x432.jpg

I can't imagine the duo, along with their attorneys, would put out the bipolar part unless it was true - perhaps one of the few truths in the latest concocted story. JMO

Notice that HM's diagnosis is not mentioned at all. Could it harm her case if it is anti social personality disorder?
Also, bipolar can run in families. According to this site: http://www.webmd.com/bipolar-disorder/guide/bipolar-disorder-whos-at-risk
Does bipolar disorder run in families?
"Numerous studies have found that people with bipolar typically have at least one close relative with the disorder.

Children who have one parent with the disorder have about a 10%-25% chance of developing the disorder themselves; children with two parents with the disorder have a 10%-50% chance. If a non-identical twin sibling has the disorder, the chance that another sibling will have it is about 10%-25%."

Can her lawyer be so foolish as to allow a claim like that to go on record without a means to back it up
MOO

I would like to think not but then again seeing how the Pistorious (sp) case is now playing out, I would not have foreseen that mess either. We know in the US that would be a stupid move but is it in Indonesia? Also note the lawyers attribute this statement to HM and if it turns out not to have a basis in fact, HM can say if asked about it, she could claim her Mother had told her that, there is noone around to disprove that.

I would like to think not but then again seeing how the Pistorious (sp) case is now playing out, I would not have foreseen that mess either. We know in the US that would be a stupid move but is it in Indonesia? Also note the lawyers attribute this statement to HM and if it turns out not to have a basis in fact, HM can say if asked about it, she could claim her Mother had told her that, there is noone around to disprove that.

(bolding mine)

That's the saddest part about this whole affair. There is no one there to defend SWM or to speak on her behalf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamesturner781