GUILTY Bali - Sheila von Wiese Mack, 62, found dead in suitcase, 12 Aug 2014 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, it's so humid for them, I say with an evil snicker. It looks like Tommy kind of gives Heather the cold shoulder these days. Where's the love? After all, she's going to have his? baby in another month and a half.

A few observations on my part: In all of the pictures, I never see HM and TS holding hands. They are handcuffed together, but they don't hold hands. I find this odd. Of course, they may have been told that they cannot do so, but one of these pictures shows them in the car, hands right next to each other, but they aren't touching. :thinking:

The other thing I have noticed is that HM always goes first. It appears to me as if she is "dragging" him along. The body language tells me that she is in charge. Again, she may be instructed to go first. And the people taking the photos seem to want pictures of her. (She didn't seem to have as much makeup/lipstick on today.)

A few observations on my part: In all of the pictures, I never see HM and TS holding hands. They are handcuffed together, but they don't hold hands. I find this odd. Of course, they may have been told that they cannot do so, but one of these pictures shows them in the car, hands right next to each other, but they aren't touching. :thinking:

The other thing I have noticed is that HM always goes first. It appears to me as if she is "dragging" him along. The body language tells me that she is in charge. Again, she may be instructed to go first. And the people taking the photos seem to want pictures of her. (She didn't seem to have as much makeup/lipstick on today.)

And then I found these pictures: There are 2 pics of the Lovebirds and in the first, Tommy's finger is over HM's. In the second, HM looks miserable.

http://www.epa.eu/crime-law-and-jus...uis-mack-murder-trial-in-bali-photos-51804307

Okay so what I'm seeing is that there are only pictures available from the area of the prison, nothing from the area of the courthouse. They are also not being transported in the regular prisoner's large bus/van but it appears that they are getting a private accommodation van for their trip to the courthouse?

Is there some kind of media ban at the courthouse or are all the media hanging around Kerobokan all day and night waiting for information regarding AC and MS? Maybe they just don't care about HM and TS anymore other than to snap a few pics when they exit the prison for court appearances since the media are already there?

And then I found these pictures: There are 2 pics of the Lovebirds and in the first, Tommy's finger is over HM's. In the second, HM looks miserable.

http://www.epa.eu/crime-law-and-jus...uis-mack-murder-trial-in-bali-photos-51804307

The second one from that link shows very clearly the door that exits the prison with the three red, yellow, green boxes next to it on the outside. This is the same door HM was entering after exiting from the ambulance with her green plastic bag the day she was "rushed" to the hospital. So I am convinced she returned to the prison on the same day.

What I also found interesting at that link is there are a couple of photos of a German man who is also heading to trial and in one of his pictures you can see that he is in the regular line with a number of prisoners heading to the large bus/van to take them to the courthouse. So HM and TS did get their own personal van yesterday. And the only pictures available seem to be from that door exiting Kerobokan to the private van which was parked right outside the door.

MOO

There is a little bit of news about Neil Bantleman, the Canadian on trial in Indonesia for sex assault, regarding his trial. There was a media ban put on everyone at the beginning of the month, which is apparently unheard of. So anyway, in this article there is a little bit of information regarding the court proceedings. It appears that the defence does call witnesses during the trial. I wonder if there are any witnesses being paid off to come forward for HM and TS? I can't imagine there are any witnesses who would come forward other than people who claim to have heard fights between HM, TS and SWM? And how many of them can be trusted with telling the truth if AS has money to throw around?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...-in-child-sex-assault-case-in-april-1.2956124

MOO

It may be that the handcuffs make holding hands awkward; it could also be that holding hands in a hot humid climate loses its appeal pretty quickly.

Good observation on the body language. I think it reflects their overall attitudes quite well. She is always confident in her pics - irritated or bored, but always unworried. She is absolutely certain she's getting off lightly. She's marching around like a confident diva and he's trailing in her wake, hoping for the best.

Kind of ironic, really. She thought he was a bad-arse with connections to hit-men. He's a mama's boy who thought he was better than his mama. She's the real bad-arse.

TS, however, doesn't have her confidence and it shows. It's one thing to live in 'Hotel K' for a few months - for HM, that's an 'adventure'. It's not an adventure if you're looking forward to 15 years. He doesn't have local family and friends and deep down, of course he's going to worry if HM is going to leave him behind. If he's talking to his bros in prison, some of them are probably telling him exactly that: "Bro, she's going to totally dump your *advertiser censored**, you are such a sucker to take the fall for her. She be banging your homie VonMar while you rotting over here, dude! You totally need to get a DNA test on that kid."

I'm imagining a couple months from now. We've seen pictures of sleep pads side by side on an elevated platform. They look like the size of a sleeping bag - certainly not big enough for a mom and baby to be comfortable, especially in the stifling heat and humidity.

Today's pictures: TS isn't wearing his tie and HM looks 'thrown together' compared to her previous court appearances - almost as though she just stepped out of the shower. That and the unusual transportation almost makes it look like they weren't expecting to go to court today.

Hoping to see something in the next two weeks that will tell us what's going on with HM's US lawyers and Soenardi's payments.

There is a little bit of news about Neil Bantleman, the Canadian on trial in Indonesia for sex assault, regarding his trial. There was a media ban put on everyone at the beginning of the month, which is apparently unheard of. So anyway, in this article there is a little bit of information regarding the court proceedings. It appears that the defence does call witnesses during the trial. I wonder if there are any witnesses being paid off to come forward for HM and TS? I can't imagine there are any witnesses who would come forward other than people who claim to have heard fights between HM, TS and SWM? And how many of them can be trusted with telling the truth if AS has money to throw around?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...-in-child-sex-assault-case-in-april-1.2956124

Great find! Thanks - it gives great insight into the courtroom process.

It may be that the handcuffs make holding hands awkward; it could also be that holding hands in a hot humid climate loses its appeal pretty quickly.

Good observation on the body language. I think it reflects their overall attitudes quite well. She is always confident in her pics - irritated or bored, but always unworried. She is absolutely certain she's getting off lightly. She's marching around like a confident diva and he's trailing in her wake, hoping for the best.

Kind of ironic, really. She thought he was a bad-arse with connections to hit-men. He's a mama's boy who thought he was better than his mama. She's the real bad-arse.

TS, however, doesn't have her confidence and it shows. It's one thing to live in 'Hotel K' for a few months - for HM, that's an 'adventure'. It's not an adventure if you're looking forward to 15 years. He doesn't have local family and friends and deep down, of course he's going to worry if HM is going to leave him behind. If he's talking to his bros in prison, some of them are probably telling him exactly that: "Bro, she's going to totally dump your *advertiser censored**, you are such a sucker to take the fall for her. She be banging your homie VonMar while you rotting over here, dude! You totally need to get a DNA test on that kid."

I'm imagining a couple months from now. We've seen pictures of sleep pads side by side on an elevated platform. They look like the size of a sleeping bag - certainly not big enough for a mom and baby to be comfortable, especially in the stifling heat and humidity.

Today's pictures: TS isn't wearing his tie and HM looks 'thrown together' compared to her previous court appearances - almost as though she just stepped out of the shower. That and the unusual transportation almost makes it look like they weren't expecting to go to court today.

Hoping to see something in the next two weeks that will tell us what's going on with HM's US lawyers and Soenardi's payments.

If I'm not mistaken, Judge Cohen is suppose to meet with Chicago based attorney Scofio (sp?) regarding his paperwork to be dismissed as HM's counsel on Feb. 27.

I see that someone is keeping Heather supplied with a fresh new wardrobe and white shirts, this one with ruffles. Are the ruffles making her look bigger? She's huge! Doubt that she's going to make it until April 1 to give birth. Willing to bet that Stella arrives in 2-3 weeks or sooner. JMO.

2m43kly.jpg

Heather Mack (R), accused of the premeditated murder of her mother, and her co-accused and boyfriend Tommy Schaefer (L) of the US sit in a prison van in Denpasar on the resort island of Bali on February 18, 2015.

http://www.gettyimages.com.au/detai...emeditated-murder-of-her-news-photo/463737528

I can't stand these gazing photos. Murders!!!!!!!

ciao

It doesn't look mutual. HM seems to be trying to catch Tommy's eye. TS seems to be looking down past her face.

Actually it appears that she was flicking her hair or turning her head quickly. So either she was flicking her hair to dry it or she was caught just as she had hoisted herself into the van. Either way this is a motion pic so we can't read much into her expression as she is in motion.

He does look depressed and downtrodden though.

MOO

Actually it appears that she was flicking her hair or turning her head quickly. So either she was flicking her hair to dry it or she was caught just as she had hoisted herself into the van. Either way this is a motion pic so we can't read much into her expression as she is in motion.

He does look depressed and downtrodden though.

MOO

I hear ya, didn't realize photo was snapped in motion. Just looking at these two is enough to roll my eyes to the back of my head. HM is a manipulator and every time I see a pic of her looking at TS it's creepy, like she's trying to send mental messages. (if that makes sense). Jmo

ciao

So … the bribery doesn’t just extend to the police and courts … it also affects the reporting. Found this interesting reading last night – from Snowing in Bali by Kathryn Bonella.

Pg 214
Even local journalists were benefiting. Lawyers were approaching them to keep their clients’ articles out of the papers, or at least restrict it to a small story off page one, to avoid the spotlight so cops and courts could more easily accept a bribe for a light sentence without scrutiny.

If I’m a western expat busted with 4 grams of cocaine at home, how much do I need to pay to keep it out of your newspapers?

It depends how rich you are. More rich you are, the more expensive the price. If I know you have a yacht, you have your own airplane, maybe a different price. Sometimes I wouldn’t take money if it’s a big story.

How does it work?

Mostly the modus operandi is via lawyer, ‘I have client, and my client doesn’t want you to expose them, would you help me please? I have a fortune, I want to share my fortune with you, okay, am I clear enough? Something like that.

What are the big cases lawyers often want to keep quiet?

Drug cases with a foreign suspect.

And do you tell your journalists ‘Don’t cover that court case today?’

Yeah

And what if the journalist asks why?

That’s my own business. ‘You have to choose, you obey my order, take it or you leave from this office.’

- Editor, one of Bali’s major newspapers

If a case hit the papers before a lawyer has a chance to intervene, sometimes an arrangement is made with the court. The court gives the offender a realistic sentence. Then after the trial, the court amends the sentence to a lesser sentence - changing the court paperwork that was sent and held at jail. The files were not stored on computer.

This is done to avoid the scrutiny of Indonesian Corruption Watch (ICW).

From Snowing in Bali, pg 215. (partly my words, hers are more lengthy :) )

So … the bribery doesn’t just extend to the police and courts … it also affects the reporting. Found this interesting reading last night – from Snowing in Bali by Kathryn Bonella.

Pg 214
Even local journalists were benefiting. Lawyers were approaching them to keep their clients’ articles out of the papers, or at least restrict it to a small story off page one, to avoid the spotlight so cops and courts could more easily accept a bribe for a light sentence without scrutiny.

If I’m a western expat busted with 4 grams of cocaine at home, how much do I need to pay to keep it out of your newspapers?

It depends how rich you are. More rich you are, the more expensive the price. If I know you have a yacht, you have your own airplane, maybe a different price. Sometimes I wouldn’t take money if it’s a big story.

How does it work?

Mostly the modus operandi is via lawyer, ‘I have client, and my client doesn’t want you to expose them, would you help me please? I have a fortune, I want to share my fortune with you, okay, am I clear enough? Something like that.

Yeah

That’s my own business. ‘You have to choose, you obey my order, take it or you leave from this office.’

Interesting! So what's the penalty in Indonesia for a lawyer caught in a bribe-for-lower-sentence/penalty scheme? TIA

It is insane to me that drug smugglers are executed but murderers get 15 years. WTH? I would Never travel to one of these thrird world hell holes. Sorry. No way.

I'm wondering how an Indonesian lawyer would itemize the costs of bribing local editors to keep the story out of the papers?

Perhaps trustee Mackoff and Judge Cohen should watch out for large 'media relations' charges on HM's bill. ;)

Pg 214

How does it work?

Yeah

Oh my word! Thanks for providing these pearls of info. Jmo

ciao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads