GUILTY Bali - Sheila von Wiese Mack, 62, found dead in suitcase, 12 Aug 2014 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
what an absolute sham .. 10 yrs for murder lol can't make this up .. I wonder if they'll even take away her inheritance now .. what a slap to the victim and the rest of her family if they give her the inheritance of the person she killed .. nothing would surprise me at this point though considering this 10 yr sentence

10 years for murder, execution for drugs. How on earth does this make sense?

Following her sentencing, Mack spoke of her anger and sadness that her boyfriend would still be in prison when she was eventually released.
'He will still be in prison when I am freed and he is the father of my daughter,' she said.
'She will be a young girl and she is going to be without a father, while I will be out of prison. He should not have received 18 years like that.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...anded-maximum-18-bars-Bali.html#ixzz3XxJsAAEh
I think you both should have received the same sentence - Life!
That would even things up.

Moments after Heather Mack sentenced to 10 years for the brutal murder of her socialite mother in Bali, the new mother was chugging smuggled booze from inside her jail cell and joking with reporters.
The 19-year-old from Chicago caked on the makeup for cameras and took long drinks from a Sprite bottle, which, according to photographers on the scene, reeked of alcohol.
The bizarre behavior came after a judge granted her leniency on the grounds that she's a new mother and needs to take care of her infant daughter Stella.
'Her newborn baby badly needs a mother's love and breastfeeding,' the verdict said.

Leopards dont change their spots - how true.

Alcohol? That will be great for Stella's hair loss.
Where is Favia while this is going on?
Who is looking after Stella at the moment.
Im afraid something is going to happen to this baby once the cameras have gone from HM and she no longer gets the spot light.
The care for Stella has only been for the cameras - and the sentencing.

Im afraid something is going to happen to this baby once the cameras have gone from HM and she no longer gets the spot light.

And the money. CPS needs to get on this and remove that 4 week old US citizen from her mother's custody.

MOO

Question? Once they are released from prison and should they come back to the US can they be tried here for the murder? After all they are US citizens and so was Sheila. Just wondering, I don't know how the law works in this type of situation.

Question? Once they are released from prison and should they come back to the US can they be tried here for the murder? After all they are US citizens and so was Sheila. Just wondering, I don't know how the law works in this type of situation.

We've been wondering that from the beginning. Haven't really come up with an answer to that question. :dunno:

So Favia wants Stella to have $500K. The first thing Stella will do, of course, is pay $126K that she already owes Favia - plus additional costs because of the legal activity involved in getting Stella the $500K in the first place, and the on-going costs someone (Favia?) will charge to administer Stella's wealth.

HM didn't seem surprised at all. I wonder what Ary told her to expect - an initial ten-year sentence, don't worry, appeals and sentence reductions for good behavior? TS didn't seem to know what to suspect. One news account referenced him playing with his blue 'Rachel' bracelet like a string of worry beads. More like a rosary and he was actually praying for a greater miscarriage of justice.

Afterwards, HM mentions a blond woman she can't stand - one who subsequently is seen shaking TS's hand. She also says she disliked one woman (? Osha?) who was talking trash about her - according to Kia - but then HM found out that Kia was lying.

Which leads me to another mystery: where was Kia? I didn't see her in the courtroom or afterwards, when media and the volunteers were talking to them in the holding cells. Has she given up the quest for a good life based on getting custody of a rich grand-baby?

Biggest farce of the day (IMHO): the judges excusing HM's light sentence because the baby needs breast-feeding and to be with HM. ?? Regardless of whether they gave HM 3 years or 30 years, she's still going to be breast-feeding Stella in prison for two years and then letting her go.

Is it just a coincidence that TS's sentence coincides with his daughter becoming a legal adult and therefore he won't likely have any claims to her on a custody basis once he's out? Just wondering. :dunno:

I noticed in that last Daily Mail update that the prosecution apparently claims that they will appeal HM's lenient sentence while at the same time, both lawyers for TS and HM claim they will also appeal? I would so love for HM to be completely cut off all funding at this point. But something tells me she will be applying for more money for these appeals. And something also tells me she'll get it.

MOO

Is it just a coincidence that TS's sentence coincides with his daughter becoming a legal adult and therefore he won't likely have any claims to her on a custody basis once he's out? Just wondering. :dunno:

I noticed in that last Daily Mail update that the prosecution apparently claims that they will appeal HM's lenient sentence while at the same time, both lawyers for TS and HM claim they will also appeal? I would so love for HM to be completely cut off all funding at this point. But something tells me she will be applying for more money for these appeals. And something also tells me she'll get it.

MOO
I hope she doesn't get another dime!

I hope any interviews and future judges ask about the alcohol!

MOO

Stella is never going to benefit from any of the money - in fact, it puts her at risk from people who are interested in the $$, not her welfare. I'm fine with anything that HM does that spends every penny. I think the sooner she gets back to the US, the sooner the US authorities can go after her.

Soenardi has everything to gain ($$) and nothing to lose by encouraging HM to appeal.

I'm really hoping they'll shift TS off to another prison. Interestingly, HM and TS don't seem to be in constant contact. She mentioned 'getting a message' to him about Stella after the minister's visit. I can't imagine he's happy to find out that HM has a cellphone and he doesn't. Is it just me, or did she not seem particularly sympathetic when he joined her on the bus? She seemed at a loss for words and unwilling to provoke him. She was half-drunk and in high spirits, having to dial it down because he was obviously upset.

I'm sure that I have read that both the prosecutor and the judges are in on the corruption. It was, after all, the prosecution that declined to ask for the death penalty and it was the prosecution that, oddly enough, pleaded for leniency because of Stella.

Is Edy angling for more bribes by threatening to appeal? Or is he ticked off because HM (aka 'blabber') called him a 'fat ******'? It doesn't cost him anything to appeal, that's his job, but it will cost her.

I think HM may need to appeal. If I understand correctly, as of right now, she's guilty of murder (no matter how light the sentence) and can not inherit under the 'slayer statute'.

Stella is never going to benefit from any of the money - in fact, it puts her at risk from people who are interested in the $$, not her welfare. I'm fine with anything that HM does that spends every penny. I think the sooner she gets back to the US, the sooner the US authorities can go after her.

Soenardi has everything to gain ($$) and nothing to lose by encouraging HM to appeal.

I'm really hoping they'll shift TS off to another prison. Interestingly, HM and TS don't seem to be in constant contact. She mentioned 'getting a message' to him about Stella after the minister's visit. I can't imagine he's happy to find out that HM has a cellphone and he doesn't. Is it just me, or did she not seem particularly sympathetic when he joined her on the bus? She seemed at a loss for words and unwilling to provoke him. She was half-drunk and in high spirits, having to dial it down because he was obviously upset.

No doubt HM would welcome TS getting shipped off to another prison. He's served his purpose and I'm sure she's ready to move on. What I would rather see is Stella being removed from HM's custody by US authorities and her shipped off to another prison with no funding.

That would be justice, if only for a scant 10 years.

MOO

I don't think there is anything that US authorities can do to help Stella while HM is overseas.

Our best hope for a semblance of justice for SWM and a decent life for Stella is with the US authorities when HM returns. We can only hope that she will be arrested and tried for murder-for-hire. Hopefully, by that time Stella will already have been removed from HM's custody.

If TS appeals, I hope he is smart enough to stop covering for his baby-mama.

I mean, seriously? From TS's standpoint, how's it looking that he got 18 years and his baby-mama has an Iphone, access to alcohol (at the court!), and will be getting a private cell. Looks to me like the 'player' got 'played' by someone a lot more cunning than him.

Unfortunately, now the media is jumping on TS's temper tantrum (no one waiting with booze for him) to say he's showing his 'true nature'. I think HM's 'true nature' is much uglier, but unlike him, she's been smart enough to hide it.

10 years i guess is better than nothing. Prosecutors said they offered leniency because she had a baby, just what she wanted.
She can keep the baby for two years?
Afwul conditions for little one to grow up.

Sent via Tapatalk

I don't think there is anything that US authorities can do to help Stella while HM is overseas.

Our best hope for a semblance of justice for SWM and a decent life for Stella is with the US authorities when HM returns. We can only hope that she will be arrested and tried for murder-for-hire. Hopefully, by that time Stella will already have been removed from HM's custody.

If TS appeals, I hope he is smart enough to stop covering for his baby-mama.

I mean, seriously? From TS's standpoint, how's it looking that he got 18 years and his baby-mama has an Iphone, access to alcohol (at the court!), and will be getting a private cell. Looks to me like the 'player' got 'played' by someone a lot more cunning than him.

Unfortunately, now the media is jumping on TS's temper tantrum (no one waiting with booze for him) to say he's showing his 'true nature'. I think HM's 'true nature' is much uglier, but unlike him, she's been smart enough to hide it.

BBM

Why not? Has anyone even reported this situation to the Illinois CPS?

http://www.illinois.gov/dcfs/safekids/reporting/Pages/index.aspx

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/ilcs3.asp?ActID=1460&ChapterID=32

Then again I guess as long as Stella's basic needs are being met and there is no obvious physical abuse or neglect they really can't do anything. So frustrating. :gaah:

I notice the engagement strings were also absent for the verdict. No longer required to put up a front?

MOO

I hope she doesn't get another dime!

I am not a probate attorney and do not practice in Illinois, but it appears from the code that now, she should be barred from receiving more monies:

(755 ILCS 5/2-6) (from Ch. 110 1/2, par. 2-6)
Sec. 2-6. Person causing death. A person who intentionally and unjustifiably causes the death of another shall not receive any property, benefit, or other interest by reason of the death, whether as heir, legatee, beneficiary, joint tenant, survivor, appointee or in any other capacity and whether the property, benefit, or other interest passes pursuant to any form of title registration, testamentary or nontestamentary instrument, intestacy, renunciation, or any other circumstance. The property, benefit, or other interest shall pass as if the person causing the death died before the decedent, provided that with respect to joint tenancy property the interest possessed prior to the death by the person causing the death shall not be diminished by the application of this Section. A determination under this Section may be made by any court of competent jurisdiction separate and apart from any criminal proceeding arising from the death, provided that no such civil proceeding shall proceed to trial nor shall the person be required to submit to discovery in such civil proceeding until such time as any criminal proceeding has been finally determined by the trial court or, in the event no criminal charge has been brought, prior to one year after the date of death. A person convicted of first degree murder or second degree murder of the decedent is conclusively presumed to have caused the death intentionally and unjustifiably for purposes of this Section.
The holder of any property subject to the provisions of this Section shall not be liable for distributing or releasing said property to the person causing the death if such distribution or release occurs prior to a determination made under this Section.
If the holder of any property subject to the provisions of this Section knows or has reason to know that a potential beneficiary caused the death of a person within the scope of this Section, the holder shall fully cooperate with law enforcement authorities and judicial officers in connection with any investigation of such death.
(Source: P.A. 86-749.)http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilc...&ChapterID=60&SeqStart=3700000&SeqEnd=5000000

BBM.

I do not see how the judge in Illinois could possibly grant HM another dime, for appeals or anything. She has been lawfully convicted of first degree murder.

Looking at the DM videos of these two afetr snetencing, it is inconceivable that they got such light sentences while the Bali 9 were setneced to execution - people who never acted so nonchalantly and disrespectfully, from what I know. I just can't get over it.

That's the big question I have though gitana1. What exactly was she convicted of? I think it was just accessory after the fact or helping to dispose of a body. Different news sources are saying different things and it's hard to say. I know the prosecution requested that she be convicted of premeditated murder but was she?

WOW, I am surprised at the sentence they received :( I feel so sad for the baby :( Well I'm thinking their prison stay will not be a pleasant one, I would hate to be in a foreign prison, heck, I'd hate to be in prison anywhere..

Initially I thought it would be hard in an Indonesian prison. But it appears like a vacation compared to US prisons from what I've seen via this thread - Barbeques, tennis, gardens to walk in, every possible amenity one can afford like nice beds, tv's, phones, excellent food trucked in, they can have day long visits with their family members in the outside garden areas during which the family can bring all their favorite foods, etc. It's insane. Nothing at all like the harsh and punitive American prisons.

Seriously. She appears deranged or intellectually challenged in the vidoes of her. I don;t see how that woman is being allowed to care for a helpless infant. I would not be surprised if she smothered the baby or beat it to death in a rage when the baby can't stop crying.

This woman is spoiled and filled with uncontrollable rage that caused her to be locked up for mental health issues and to batter her mother. She is obviously not in control of herself. How on earth can she be expected to safely care for a tiny baby and care for her needs? How is she going to be able to deal with the things all babies do like non-stop crying, teething, not sleeping, toilet training (which for some reason seems to drive so many evil people to murder), getting ill, not wanting to eat, biting the breast, spitting out food, saying "no", demanding to be held or not put down or a toy or the phone HM is holding or whatever? How on earth can this creature address baby Stella's needs without killing her? Seriously!

It is possible. Take the case of David Watson who likely murdered his wife in Australia. He pled guilty to manslaughter in her diving death and was sentenced to 18 months in Australia. Then, Alabama authorities charged him with murder back home (which was later dismissed by the judge due to insufficient evidence):

The doctrine of double jeopardy -- which says that a person cannot be tried or punished twice for the same crime -- did not apply because two separate sovereigns, a state government and a foreign government, were seeking to prosecute, said John Lentine, a Birmingham criminal defense attorney and law school professor.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/23/justice/alabama-honeymoon-trial/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member