GUILTY Bali - Sheila von Wiese Mack, 62, found dead in suitcase, 12 Aug 2014 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the big question I have though gitana1. What exactly was she convicted of? I think it was just accessory after the fact or helping to dispose of a body. Different news sources are saying different things and it's hard to say. I know the prosecution requested that she be convicted of premeditated murder but was she?

Reports indicate it was for "premeditated murder". I hope those reports are right because that would appear to qualify.

ETA. I see what you mean. I still think the rule would apply. (I hope!).

I don't think there is any doubt she's out of the estate but what I want to see is an application to the trust if possible and can there be a bar to Stella? If she were adopted there would be no issue but I don't see that happening.

I don't think there is anything that US authorities can do to help Stella while HM is overseas.

Our best hope for a semblance of justice for SWM and a decent life for Stella is with the US authorities when HM returns. We can only hope that she will be arrested and tried for murder-for-hire. Hopefully, by that time Stella will already have been removed from HM's custody.

If TS appeals, I hope he is smart enough to stop covering for his baby-mama.

I mean, seriously? From TS's standpoint, how's it looking that he got 18 years and his baby-mama has an Iphone, access to alcohol (at the court!), and will be getting a private cell. Looks to me like the 'player' got 'played' by someone a lot more cunning than him.

Unfortunately, now the media is jumping on TS's temper tantrum (no one waiting with booze for him) to say he's showing his 'true nature'. I think HM's 'true nature' is much uglier, but unlike him, she's been smart enough to hide it.

Can a felon even be allowed back into the country?

Can a felon even be allowed back into the country?

I would hope they wouldn't be allowed back in. If the US can't sentence them due to the murder taking place in Indonesia, I would hope the US wouldn't allow them back in the country, and if they do, I HOPE they would be tried here for the murder of a U.S. citizen! CRAZY!!!! :crazy:

I would hope they wouldn't be allowed back in. If the US can't sentence them due to the murder taking place in Indonesia, I would hope the US wouldn't allow them back in the country, and if they do, I HOPE they would be tried here for the murder of a U.S. citizen! CRAZY!!!! :crazy:

Well, they'll both be due for new passports so that should be interesting.

I don't think there is any doubt she's out of the estate but what I want to see is an application to the trust if possible and can there be a bar to Stella? If she were adopted there would be no issue but I don't see that happening.

Now that both parents are convicted of murder, I think one of their Chicago relatives will petition for custody of Stella and move to involuntarily terminate their parental rights.

JMO

Whacko the diddle-o. You beauty bottler.

Am so pleased that the hint of possible bribes didn't get Heather Mack off.

May Sheila now rest in peace.

Now that both parents are convicted of murder, I think one of their Chicago relatives will petition for custody of Stella and move to involuntarily terminate their parental rights.

JMO

Likely the only one willing would be TS's mother (Stella's paternal grandmother) and she was apparently unsuccessful in getting HM to agree to letting her take the baby back to the U.S. after she was born. And if no government agency in the U.S. is able to take that baby out of a third world country prison, I doubt a petition for custody would be of much help either. I really think this situation is precident setting and no one knows what to do about it?

MOO

Whacko the diddle-o. You beauty bottler.

Am so pleased that the hint of possible bribes didn't get Heather Mack off.

May Sheila now rest in peace.

BBM

Is that Australian? :floorlaugh:

Likely the only one willing would be TS's mother (Stella's paternal grandmother) and she was apparently unsuccessful in getting HM to agree to letting her take the baby back to the U.S. after she was born. And if no government agency in the U.S. is able to take that baby out of a third world country prison, I doubt a petition for custody would be of much help either. I really think this situation is precident setting and no one knows what to do about it?

MOO

Well, if the parents agree to a guardianship with Kia and it's granted, they can very possibly avoid termination of parental rights. If granted, Stella would get to keep her money and we all know that means HM gets to get to the money and no one wants that to happen, plus I wonder if Kia might not face some substantial hurdles in being approved. I too doubt anyone on the SWM side wants to take Stella, as awful as it sounds, but I wouldn't either because it most surely means having to always worry about contact with her murdering parents or them trying to see her.

Initially I thought it would be hard in an Indonesian prison. But it appears like a vacation compared to US prisons from what I've seen via this thread - Barbeques, tennis, gardens to walk in, every possible amenity one can afford like nice beds, tv's, phones, excellent food trucked in, they can have day long visits with their family members in the outside garden areas during which the family can bring all their favorite foods, etc. It's insane. Nothing at all like the harsh and punitive American prisons.

Seriously. She appears deranged or intellectually challenged in the vidoes of her. I don;t see how that woman is being allowed to care for a helpless infant. I would not be surprised if she smothered the baby or beat it to death in a rage when the baby can't stop crying.

This woman is spoiled and filled with uncontrollable rage that caused her to be locked up for mental health issues and to batter her mother. She is obviously not in control of herself. How on earth can she be expected to safely care for a tiny baby and care for her needs? How is she going to be able to deal with the things all babies do like non-stop crying, teething, not sleeping, toilet training (which for some reason seems to drive so many evil people to murder), getting ill, not wanting to eat, biting the breast, spitting out food, saying "no", demanding to be held or not put down or a toy or the phone HM is holding or whatever? How on earth can this creature address baby Stella's needs without killing her? Seriously!

It is possible. Take the case of David Watson who likely murdered his wife in Australia. He pled guilty to manslaughter in her diving death and was sentenced to 18 months in Australia. Then, Alabama authorities charged him with murder back home (which was later dismissed by the judge due to insufficient evidence):

The doctrine of double jeopardy -- which says that a person cannot be tried or punished twice for the same crime -- did not apply because two separate sovereigns, a state government and a foreign government, were seeking to prosecute, said John Lentine, a Birmingham criminal defense attorney and law school professor.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/23/justice/alabama-honeymoon-trial/

BBM, as per "double jeopardy" also look at the case of my former student (in my siggy below) who was brutally murdered (along with his mom, his older sis and niece (who was the killers own child), while his younger brother is left with irreversible brain damage and will never leave the hospital alive). The victims were stabbed and the house set afire.

The killer was acquitted in a state court (unbelievable!!!) but the feds were on it and found a way to bring FEDERAL charges against him. It was perfectly legal (albeit quite unusual) and he was convicted and given a life sentence. And there he sits in a fed prison for the rest of his life!! Justice at last and but it took 15 years to get it.

So there are TWO courts here that can pursue HM. State and FED, they just have to find the right laws to use to get her.

Have found a more regional MSM article, from a usually reliable source.

Tommy Schaefer, 21, was found guilty of the premeditated murder of Sheila von Wiese Mack on the resort island and jailed for 18 years.

His girlfriend and the victim’s daughter, 19-year-old Heather Mack, who was pregnant at the time of the crime, was found guilty of assisting in the murder and given a 10-year prison term.

Heather Mack, who hid in the bathroom while Schaefer attacked her mother, was found guilty of the lesser charge of assisting in the murder.

http://www.gulf-times.com/asean-phi.../us-couple-jailed-over-‘sadistic’-bali-murder

I'm going to retract that in light of the confusion about exactly what HM is convicted of....honestly, what a mess, poor, poor SWM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper