Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a random thought.

What if this was the perfect situation for our government to find out the corruption level of Bali/Indonesia?

One could go a step further and ask if this also provided the means to see if a US court would continue to send money for an individual's defense even if it appeared to be funding bribes, and at what point would the court stop (or be able to stop). This also adds in a unique variable too because it was the 'victim's estate'.

This situation was so unique that maybe they felt that they could gather intelligence on the situation and it will allow laws to be changed in the future.

Or, maybe this could be used for diplomatic purposes.

For example, I have heard of unlucky individuals that have drugs stuffed in their bags. This happens when: (1) the original drug owner realizes they are likely to get caught and ditches the items in someone's bag; (2) drug traffickers are testing to see if the person is caught; or (3) they plan for this person to be a mule and hope to steal the drugs back at the destination. For the last one, they usually target tourists on package holidays that are on charter flights.

If this happened to an American, and they get caught while leaving Bali, and refuse to pay "the walk away bribe", this HM/TS case could give the US more leverage to act on our citizens behalf.

I've been following along here quietly for a long time. I think this might be the first time I've commented.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/282522590/Bibbs-Complaint-Filed

I'm quietly satisfied (and intrigued) by the last two sentences on page 2 of the affidavit (my bold):

"The statements in this affidavit are based on my personal knowledge, and on information I have received from other law enforcement personnel and from persons with knowledge regarding relevant facts. Because this affidavit is being submitted for the limited purpose of establishing probable cause in support of a criminal complaint, I have not included each and every fact known to me concerning this investigation. I have set forth only the facts that I believe are necessary to establish probable cause to believe that BIBBS committed the subject offense."

So... There's even more evidence ...? :)

I do think there is no reason the Federal Government could not bring charges of premeditated murder when the couple return to the states after their sentences are completed.

Is there an upcoming court date in the civil case? I could look it up I guess but I really was just looking for an excuse to bump the thread up since I have nothing else to contribute :blushing: :fence:

Is there an upcoming court date in the civil case? I could look it up I guess but I really was just looking for an excuse to bump the thread up since I have nothing else to contribute :blushing: :fence:

Funny, I just now looked here wondering if there was any news since I knew something was happening in Oct. I went back and looked and found this:

ORDER FOR ATTORNEYS FEES - CONTINUED -

Date:10/14/2015
Court Time:1030
Court Room:2308
Judge:COHEN, NEIL, H.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My daughter that lives in Chicago emails me anytime Heather is in the news...just got an email from her saying only this "Heather Mack on the news, she may lose her trust fund, it was the only part I caught". I'm tied up so I can't check it out and have no idea what it means other then the media is obviously covering today's hearing.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-bali-heather-mack-texts-met-20151013-story.html

Lawyers for Sheila von Wiese-Mack's brother are expected early Wednesday to file a much-anticipated petition in Cook County seeking to invoke a state law that bars Heather Mack from reaping any financial benefit from her crime.

The communications between Bibbs, Mack and Schaefer may be used as evidence in the Chicago trust fund case if a court hearing on the slayer statute is held. The state law bars a person who "intentionally and unjustifiably" causes the death of another from receiving anything of value as a result of their actions.

This is good.

If the slayer statute is invoked, HM won't be getting any money after Stella turns two.

No money for a cellphone and no money for her appeal (which is looking unlikely at this point).

Each time HM does an 'exclusive' interview with People, I want to email them and ask them why they don't do an exclusive interview with TS. I'd like to hear what he has to say about his cousin's arrest.

I had not seen all the pics from this article on her IG since I am not on IG or follow her. Tricky, little narcissist, isn't she?

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...w-Murder-May-Have-Been-Planned-332756251.html

WW has filed the petition to invoke Slayer Statute!! This article doesn't really have any other details.

This just makes so much sense now, I had been wondering what WW had been waiting for. Aside from making sure all of their ducks were in a row and waiting for the FBI to file the complaint, this hearing was a continuance of a prior hearing for an order for atty fees. I may be wrong but I'll bet in their petition to invoke the Slayer's Statute there is a prayer for relief in the form of an order halting or a stay of releasing any further funds until their petition is decided upon the merits, which could be a hell of a long time (grace grinning broadly:laugh: evily because if there is one thing lawyers know how to do well it is the art of delay...this could and probably will take months!). I think that there will still be a trickle of money for necessities for HM and Stella but I think the leak in the dike will be considerably slowed. The above is just pure speculation on my part...I'd give my eye teeth to read the court file...possibly my firstborn.

This is good.

If the slayer statute is invoked, HM won't be getting any money after Stella turns two.

No money for a cellphone and no money for her appeal (which is looking unlikely at this point).

Well, Stella will probably only be safe from age 2 until 10 :( Then poor Stella is the next meal ticket, HM & TS will surely hunt her down for a $.

I still think that if Stella stays in Bali after Age 2, or whomever is there to shuttle her back and forth to the prison, will also provide for HM. Just my thoughts course.

I still get a chuckle thinking of HM as "queen of the ghetto prison". At the end of the day, she is in jail and even if she gets to go on day trips, you know it disturbs her that others tell her where she is sleeping at night-- in jail.

And then in 10 years she gets to go to a US prison.

I still get a chuckle thinking of HM as "queen of the ghetto prison". At the end of the day, she is in jail and even if she gets to go on day trips, you know it disturbs her that others tell her where she is sleeping at night-- in jail.

And then in 10 years she gets to go to a US prison.

I hope you are right. I think TS may be dead by the time he is suppose to get out. He has already gotten hooked on heroin and was being treated with methadone. People in K think he has access to funds, so they will work him over. He doesn't. Especially now. He's not as week as we originally thought, but he's no Julian Ponder.

I hope you are right. I think TS may be dead by the time he is suppose to get out. He has already gotten hooked on heroin and was being treated with methadone. People in K think he has access to funds, so they will work him over. He doesn't. Especially now. He's not as week as we originally thought, but he's no Julian Ponder.

Wowzer!!! This I was unaware of!!! Is smack cheap or something over there?

All this talk about the Slayer's Rule had made me think about Stella being cut off, I know that when I was reading up on the rule and applicability in Illinois I distinctly remember thinking somehow(theoretically) that if A, B and C were adopted by the court as the line of reasoning that it would be possible to omit or cut out Stella. I just can't remember!!! But the bottom line is that I have said early on and continue to think this all will result in a case of first impression in a couple of areas in Illinois law. I intend to go back and research it but that goes on my already very long to-do-if-I-ever-get-a-chance list!

I think you are right. If he's already managed to get into hard drugs when he gets to visit HM/Stella all the time, he's never going to last when HM is freed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean