GUILTY Bali - Sheila von Wiese Mack, 62, found dead in suitcase, 12 Aug 2014 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the complaint, it stated they were unable to get information off the 2nd device...which I assume was Heather's. Why do I NOT believe that?? The FBI can't get info off an Iphone? In my heart, I do believe the Federal government has something in store for Ms. Heather Mack. That makes me very happy. If it wasn't for HM, Sheila would still be alive today.

I'm sure that is the case. In paragraph 2, the affiant makes it clear he is only using facts to establish probable cause to support the complaint against Bibbs, but not all of the facts he has pertaining to the murder investigation, additionally he only references the execution of one search warrant, re: the one belonging to TS. Maybe Bibbs and HM did not have any direct contact, at least that is what is suggested to me. I think Cousin Bibbs is about to get a hell of an offer to roll over on TS and HM.

I felt sick reading the affidavit, I wonder if SWM knew that HM had tried to drug her which is why she told her friend she was afraid, maybe not tho, she told him HM got the drugs and that she was afraid, why not tell him of any suspected attempt at that point?

With all the factual information Bali authorities had at their disposal, the case the prosecutors put on against the two, especially HM was beyond reprehensibile, if not downright evil. Am I the only one that thinks HM's reference to SWM "almost dying like 5 times already" is just BS and a CYA tactic or did HM in her contemplation of killing SWM come close to actually trying something?

I have long wondered why, if HM's claims about SWM were credible, why had she not taken her to court to recover the trust? I always theorized HM had consulted with an attorney, most likely Elkin, which is why he was Johnny-on-the-spot after the murder and sought advice about doing just that. But I also thought if HM had done so there would have been no way to keep her behavior and mental health issues under wraps if she proceeded and I don't think any Judge would have looked favorably on that in considering if she should control any monies her Father intended her to have.

I agree, I think she consulted Elkin about getting control of her inheritance. I think that's what TS references when he texts something about offering her mother 30%. I also think that's what HM was referring to when she mentioned that she had a public record of abusing her mother and stays in some sort of mental health facility, things that might work against her breaking the terms of the trust.

I'm really curious to know when TS found out she was pregnant. They had been talking about murdering SWM at least since February, well before Stella was conceived. TS tells Bibbs to prepare to pack his bags, they would go to Italy. He also mentions that within a couple years, the money (at least a couple million) will be legally his. Bibbs cautions him that if he keeps HM happy, he's got it made for life.

None of that sounds like a proud papa-to-be about to embark on a rich life with his soul mate.

Reminds me of when dave chapelle did the skit on getting oprah pregnant so he could be oprah baby daddy and live the life....

I agree, I think she consulted Elkin about getting control of her inheritance. I think that's what TS references when he texts something about offering her mother 30%. I also think that's what HM was referring to when she mentioned that she had a public record of abusing her mother and stays in some sort of mental health facility, things that might work against her breaking the terms of the trust.

I'm really curious to know when TS found out she was pregnant. They had been talking about murdering SWM at least since February, well before Stella was conceived. TS tells Bibbs to prepare to pack his bags, they would go to Italy. He also mentions that within a couple years, the money (at least a couple million) will be legally his. Bibbs cautions him that if he keeps HM happy, he's got it made for life.

None of that sounds like a proud papa-to-be about to embark on a rich life with his soul mate.

Wonder when the pregnancy became common knowledge? Wonder when Heather discovered she was pregnant- after the murder?? Doubtful she ever got prenatal care. I really don't believe the "fight" with Sheila was over the pregnancy. Another Casey Anthony...:notgood:

Wonder when the pregnancy became common knowledge? Wonder when Heather discovered she was pregnant- after the murder?? Doubtful she ever got prenatal care. I really don't believe the "fight" with Sheila was over the pregnancy. Another Casey Anthony...:notgood:

I thought we could establish it was before the murder because SWM mentions in her email to her friend, along the lines of "H is pregnant again"? I'm guessing the "fight" was in the lobby caught on camera and overheard by staff because SWM was at that point aware that TS had flown to Bali courtesy of her cc#.

Wonder if the cousin was at the Conrad Hotel for the "Put em in a Coffin" celebration?

I personally don't think TS was aware of the pregnancy (nor was he going to be made aware of it) until after they were arrested and HM tried to use it as an excuse to leave the country and then for favorable treatment. HM was probably planning to terminate this pregnancy as well after she returned from Bali and was just stringing TS along with lies and promises to get him to murder her mother. She had already lied about her "worth" once Sheila was dead which leads me to believe that she planned on dumping TS and giving him nada once he had made her a rich woman and he was no longer required. No way can I see her wanting to share her significantly lower than 11 million dollar inheritance with him.

MOO

I have been a member here for a while, but I must say that is THE MOST DISTURBING affidavit I have ever read. Those two are monsters.

And what's worse is that the Indonesian authorities had all this info (and possibly more) and they still only got 10 and 18 years for what they did.

Unbelievable. But I guess that's what the $150,000 paid for. :notgood:

I recall reading early on that the corruption extended to the prosecutors. TS and HM were charged with 'sadistic' acts, but it was the prosecution, not the defense, that asked for lenient sentences based on 1) HM's impending motherhood and 2) TS's contrite behavior in court. The latter is particularly laughable, given that the court clearly knew how 'contrite' TS was immediately after the murder - and even in Indonesia, I'm sure they understand the difference between 'contrite' and 'gucci'.

Something else that I noticed in the recent People interviews: there had been earlier discussion about gradually weaning Stella and turning her over to a local family at 6 months, possibly to an Australian family that supposedly was already taking Stella to her regular medical appointments. There was talk of a $150K payout and KW got upset and accused HM of selling Stella.

Now something seems to have changed. We saw footage of her taking Stella to the hospital and she claims to have no idea who she will relinquish Stella to in 18 months. Did something change? Are they unwilling to be unpaid caretakers? They may have been sincere about taking Stella in, but I think HM was just trying to find a way to get her hands on the $150K she needs for a successful appeal.

Just a quick timeline link: http://www.nbcchicago.com/investigations/Federal-Case-Against--330020211.html

Hours after his arrest, federal investigators said Bibbs’ cell phone rang while he was being processed by the FBI.

The name on the caller ID was “Tommy.” Agents recognized the number “62” on the phone as the code for Indonesia.
Court records show the agents directed Bibbs to answer the call on speakerphone. When Bibbs answered, he stated something to the effect of, “I’m with the feds.” The caller then stated something to the effect of, “keep your mouth shut.”

So I am guessing neither TS or HM have read the full Complaint on Bibbs before they went around making phone calls & doing Interviews. :shame:

Seperate note:
On Stella's care, once Stella leaves HM's custody, I have a feeling so might the $ for her care. So prolonging her housing at Hotel K insures funds for Instagrams & Interviews. I am very curious if any of these interviews are paying HM. That would be truly sad & a ruling on that as well should be invoked IMO.

Gotta laugh about the 'keep your mouth shut'. Bibbs could have answered: "Or what?"

He's a sniveling little hustler who has managed to live off his mom and avoid trouble with the law. Now TS thinks he's going to go down protecting TS and HM? For free? If he throws TS under the bus, what's TS going to do? Look him up in 18 years and beat him up?

Seriously?

Of course, given the texts we've already seen, it seems kind of pointless to worry about what Bibbs might say. We can all 'hear' TS and HM loud and clear just by reading their texts. HM will try to dismiss them as frustrated venting and fantasy, and that might work for the texts sent in February, but not the ones sent moments before and after the attack.

The great thing about the feds being involved from the beginning is that it seems unlikely that any court will accept a challenge to the authenticity of the texts (something that was hinted at in Indonesia). It sounds like the feds were monitoring the text exchanges long before HM and TS went to Bali.

The earliest text I see cited was in February, 2014 (months before HM got pregnant, incidentally). TS is telling Bibbs that HM wants to kill her mother and asks/says she's crazy. Nothing actionable at that point, but worth keeping an eye on.

Frankly, it surprised me that HM had been trying to get someone to kill her mother for that long.

The feds were immediately in Indonesia after SWM was murdered, helping the Indonesian authorities. I think they were already aware of an on-going conversation about killing SWM and had been monitoring the situation. I think they've continued to monitor things as the trial unfolded in Indonesia.

The feds' options were limited. The US doesn't have an extradition treaty, Indonesia's 'justice' system was getting unwanted international attention because of the MS/AC executions, Indonesian leaders felt like Australia was trying to bully them (it was, at first), so it was the wrong time for the US to try heavy-handed tactics - and the case was so high-profile that the US couldn't do something quietly to get HM/TS back to the US.

I think within the US Embassy there is an FBI office, think. (I will have to find that again)
Found it: https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/legat/asia

However, had they been monitoring this all along I believe SWM would be alive today as it all would have been prevented from plane tickets,
to prescriptions being filled etc. If they were keeping an eye out, none of this would have happened. So I believe the records were obtained after the crime.

You can subpoena records that far back. I would not underestimate data collection and I just assume it is held for a long time if not forever. Especially now with default phone settings backing up all your stuff. I have had security questions asked of me things that have been long gone, like a 3rd Party verification kept telling me my home phone # was wrong even after I called them from it. So I never did find out how old their data was but definitely over 10 yrs old.

Even still, Bali's Prosecution did not take into consideration any electronic communications, seemingly just the story given by HM & TS, collaborating with Witnesses, Surveillance & Evidence. Had the FBI had this information all gathered I would assume Biggs would have been contacted much earlier than December 2014.

Just an observation on data collection

That was my first thought Bugbear, the FBI has a duty, they just can't have knowledge of an impending murder and not do jack about it, I'm guessing :fence:. I also don't really see much that would have drawn the Feds attention about Mr. Bibbs or even TS and for that matter HM, really micro organisms in a big criminal pond. I could be wrong but I don't think so. The FBI office was established and of course they'd be feet first in the murder there along with their counterparts in the US assisting.

I've been following along here quietly for a long time. I think this might be the first time I've commented.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/282522590/Bibbs-Complaint-Filed

I'm quietly satisfied (and intrigued) by the last two sentences on page 2 of the affidavit (my bold):

"The statements in this affidavit are based on my personal knowledge, and on information I have received from other law enforcement personnel and from persons with knowledge regarding relevant facts. Because this affidavit is being submitted for the limited purpose of establishing probable cause in support of a criminal complaint, I have not included each and every fact known to me concerning this investigation. I have set forth only the facts that I believe are necessary to establish probable cause to believe that BIBBS committed the subject offense."

So... There's even more evidence ...? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper