GUILTY Bali - Sheila von Wiese Mack, 62, found dead in suitcase, 12 Aug 2014 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I was wondering if Kia is still there. I hope she is.

And *so gross* those pics of the prison with the flood!!!!

JMO -
I wish no ill or harm to little Stella - she was born and has the right to treated with the utmost respect, love and care, and to grow and thrive to her full potential into a great human being.
Unfortunately, her start from conception to now has been in the hands of a lying narcissistic murderer who thinks nothing of Stella, but more for herself.
She has been placed in an environment of thugs, drugs, poor sanitation, which is cramped and noisy, hot and humid, without any continuous medical and personal supervision.
Stella is highly susceptible and vulnerable to be impacted by anything and anyone in that Prison.
This should never have happened.

What type of legal team/administration allows a person to use a newborn child to barter the sentence of an accused murderer?
This circus is not garnering any sympathy - if that is what is was supposed to do - I see nothing but anger and frustration (social media comments are brimming).

Get Stella to a hospital away from her mother and Kerobokan and into neo-natal care.
Get this trial done - without Stella in tow - convict HM and TS for what they have been charged for.
Stella has no need to be in Court anyway - and shouldn't be.

What Official in their capacity has the guts to take a stand and get this child out of there and into a caring and loving environment that she deserves.
-----

I am really hoping that someone at the hospital, (where Stella hopefully is now) deems it life threatening for her to return to Keroborkan. I also hope Kia is still there and can take care of her. I can't see Stella being taken away legally....yet. She hasn't been found guilty of anything...yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't think Stella is at the hospital or it would have been reported I'm sure. The only press to report on this is The Daily Mail, a source that is known for sensationalism and inaccuracy. I'm guessing that Stella is not in any real danger and has probably already returned to her mother's cell.

MOO

Don't think Stella is at the hospital or it would have been reported I'm sure. The only press to report on this is The Daily Mail, a source that is known for sensationalism and inaccuracy. I'm guessing that Stella is not in any real danger and has probably already returned to her mother's cell.

MOO

Kamille, I hope you're right. Poor Stella. Praying for this little 11-day-old child. She has sooo much stacked against her, and is so utterly defenseless.

MOO

Kamille, I hope you're right. Poor Stella. Praying for this little 11-day-old child. She has sooo much stacked against her, and is so utterly defenseless.

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2015/03/26/murder-trial-adjourned-defendant-s-baby-falls-ill.html

Latest report on Stella (bolding mine).

“The baby’s skin took on a yellowish color,” the prison doctor, Anak Agung Gede Hartawan said.

Hartawan said Mack had brought the baby to the prison clinic on Wednesday morning. “We will conduct observations again tomorrow morning. If needed, the baby will be taken to hospital,” he said, adding that the baby did not have a fever.

Mack, 19, who along with her 21-year-old boyfriend Tommy Schaefer, are alleged to have killed her mother Sheila Ann von Weise-Mack, 62, had spent two nights at the prison with her newborn baby after she left Sanglah Hospital on Monday afternoon.

The Denpasar District Court decided to adjourn the trial until March 31. The prosecutor, however, was informed that it was defendants who were ill.

“Both defendants are sick. We have the letter from doctor. So, the sentence demand cannot be read,” prosecutor Eddy Artha Wijaya said in the hearing held in the defendant’s absence, although her legal team was present.

hilarious......sentence can't be read because defendants are ill??

How long could appearance in court be for sentencing?

Certainly judiciary has made a decision and decision could be swiftly delivered.

hilarious......sentence can't be read because defendants are ill??

How long could appearance in court be for sentencing?

Certainly judiciary has made a decision and decision could be swiftly delivered.

:facepalm:

Bwah! Those two were 'ill' before they got to Bali - being sick in the head should not delay the decision.
The synchronicity of all 3 of them being ill at the same time - and for it to delay the Court decision hearing - what are the odds on that one.
As you say newone - this is hilarious!!
:thinking:
Unless of course they're waiting on more money to determine the outcome - when is the next pay-day for everybody?

Thanks ajaylee for the updates. So some of you are referring to sentencing, is that what a "prosecutor's sentencing demand" is?

Thanks ajaylee for the updates. So some of you are referring to sentencing, is that what a "prosecutor's sentencing demand" is?

I don't believe the next step is sentencing. The next step is the prosecution reiterating their case and submitting their suggestions for charges and sentencing I believe. Not sure if the defence gets another chance or has had their say at all yet since we never get actual info from the courthouse to say what's going on. I guess the statements from HM and TS were part of the defence but I'm not sure if they've had a chance to present other witnesses or will be presenting any.

So perhaps after this prosecution sentencing demand, the case goes to the judges for a verdict? The case of Neil Bantleman, the Canadian teacher charged with assault on minors, was given over to the judges on Mar 12 for a verdict. It was indicated at that time that it would not be expected until some time in April.

So I suppose we are not going to get a quick verdict in this case either? Is this normally how it works? Judges take a month to decide?

MOO

IIRC, this is where the prosecution requests specific sentences and, more importantly, I think this is when HM and TS finally enter their pleas.

Then I believe it's back to jail until the judges hand down their decisions.

IIRC, Julian Ponder pleaded guilty to a charge with a 5-7 year sentence. Soenardi asked for leniency, the prosecution asked for the max and the judges handed down 6 years. (Ponder was furious because he thought he'd get off with a much lighter sentence. IIRC, the more important fact was that the prosecution didn't go with a larger 15-20 year charge.

I think that's been the plan with HM: deny absolutely anything to do with murdering her mother - as in, actually laying hands on her and committing violence. The only other charge on the table is the 'sheltering a criminal', which only carries a 9-month penalty. If that's the only charge HM is found guilty of, then the judges can give her the max and it's no big deal.

ETA: Kamille beat me to it!

IIRC, this is where the prosecution requests specific sentences and, more importantly, I think this is when HM and TS finally enter their pleas.

Then I believe it's back to jail until the judges hand down their decisions.

ETA: Kamille beat me to it!

Thanks you two, that was my understanding of the process from a while ago when we were looking at the Bali Criminal Procedure rules, just wanted to clear that up. At 1 day per week in court, I'm not looking for a speedy wrap up.

The baby didn't really have a fever. Oh really. That ploy got Tommy into the clinic to see and hold Stella though. Now, both Tommy and Heather are sick. Hmm...

That was how the cynical side of me was thinking about how this was blown out of proportion by HM to manipulate when I first read about the baby being ill. Seemed like a long time to just be developing jaundice and the baby may have already had some slight jaundice while in hospital that HM was told to keep an eye on. So she saw an opportunity to use it to her advantage?

I believe someone said that HM was coughing in the video leaving hospital? No doubt both her and TS are having respiratory issues in that humid rainy season. Especially since they were both smokers and are not from an area where hot and humid conditions are the norm for extended periods of time. Not to mention the foreign bacteria that they are being exposed to and must develop immunity to? Might take some time for their bodies to adjust?

MOO

You are not the only one who is getting cynical.

I thought that perhaps HM just wanted to go back to the hospital for a while. She's done it twice already, IIRC: once when she was still in jail and had a major meltdown, and again when she claimed terrible pain and bleeding (it's called 'spotting', dear).

For the first week of Stella's life, HM had it good. We know perfectly well that she wasn't changing diapers and preparing feedings. She was getting regular hot showers and more freedom of movement and privacy than she's had in months in her private hospital room.

I thought two days and nights of having to deal with changing diapers and frequent feedings in cramped quarters got to be too much, so she used the phony 'medical emergency' ploy, hoping to get a break outside prison again. It doesn't appear to have worked.

I think we're just a bit behind in time, but the inconsistencies of where the baby is might be summed up here?
http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20150326/news/303269894/

"The baby is suffering jaundice, we are conducting observations now," Hartawan said. "Her condition improved and (she) had no fever, but she will be taken to hospital for further treatment."

He suggested the baby should be taken to Sanglah Hospital on Friday.

Sounds like HM is playing a deadly game with Stella.

Either there's no legal framework or no one wants to tackle removing Stella from HM's custody. The prison clinic may be referring Stella to the hospital just to get out of dealing with HM and her shenanigans.

I wonder if HM was allowed to stay in the clinic with Stella - or if she will be allowed to accompany Stella to the outside private hospital. As I noted earlier, after two days of 'mothering', I'm sure HM is ready for another break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18