Bankrupt Casey Anthony interviewed by KPHO CBS in Phoenix #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Another thought that crossed my mind is that noone has been able to find out where she is. I think it is because it is not worth the time or money to try and find her. If someone wanted to expend the money, they could find her, but what then. Not much they could do.

It would not surprise me if Zenadia's attys. know where she is.

JMO

The Judge in the Zenaida civil case ORDERED her attorneys to give Morgan & Morgan her address so they could serve a subpoena. They know where she lives. But the info was sealed by the Judge.

It has been confirmed by numerous sources that she is/was living in Ocean Woods Condo in Cape Canaveral and George paid the lease.

Snipped for space

So after the Judge rules on selling her story, there is no more activitity scheduled on her BK until 9/23/13.

JMO

I have no idea how all this works - I am thoroughly confused.
All I know is what I see on the official court dockets.

It was the BK judge who said they could not depose her in the BK case
He wants the Civil case resolved first..

Do I have that right?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9208188&postcount=308"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Bankrupt Casey Anthony interviewed by KPHO CBS in Phoenix #2[/ame]

strawberry posted this article

Another thought that crossed my mind is that noone has been able to find out where she is. I think it is because it is not worth the time or money to try and find her. If someone wanted to expend the money, they could find her, but what then. Not much they could do.

It would not surprise me if Zenadia's attys. know where she is.

JMO

I believe they do know where she is but are under court order not to release that info.
I think it goes back to serving her a subpoena to appear..

I believe they do know where she is but are under court order not to release that info.
I think it goes back to serving her a subpoena to appear..

Thanks for the info. Did they serve a subpoena and did she appear? I don't remember anything about it, but I had not being paying much attention to CA until the BK filing.

JMO

Thanks for the info. Did they serve a subpoena and did she appear? I don't remember anything about it, but I had not being paying much attention to CA until the BK filing.

JMO

I think it was for the trial...but it may have been for the deposition..she did with M&M via video

July 11, 2011 - Casey out of jail

July 15, 2011 - Judge Rodriguez recuses himself - Judge Munyon takes over
sets Casey deposition for Oct 8, 2011

July 21, 2011 - Casey voluntary Dismissal of her Amended Counterclaim

July 25, 2011 - Casey Motion to Strike Deposition [Judge approved Depo on Nov 6, 2012]

Aug 18, 2011 - Appeal filed by Mason

March 20, 2012 - Judge ORDERED Defense attorneys to provide Casey's ADDRESS to Zenaida attorneys [for subpoena for deposition]

July 10, 2012 - Morgan served Casey with FOURTH set of Interrogatories to find out how much money Casey has received from the Caylee Marie Anthony Trust
They want her psychological evaluations and want to know what type of offers she has received for television appearances and book deals.
They want Casey to produce all documents related to offers of "any type" made to her or her representatives for interviews, television show appearances, movies, books, magazines, newspapers, advertisements, literature ...

Aug 28, 2012
Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS
Judge rules for Zenaida Gonzalez, says #CaseyAnthony must reveal if her parents gave her money. But info will be confidential until trial.
More complicated ruling on #CaseyAnthony's video/audio diaries. Judge likely to review those for 5th amendment issues before ZG gets them.

August 28, 2012 - HEARING

Sept 24, 2012 - Casey attorneys ask for Change of Venue out of Orlando
Sept 26, 2012 - HEARING on Change of Venue postponed

Oct 4, 2012 - HEARING

Oct 26, 2012 - Motion to Compel Deposition [Casey Anthony?]
Judge granted Depo on Nov 6, 2012

Oct 30, 2012 - HEARING

Nov 6, 2012 - 11/06/2012 Order ON DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO CHANGE VENUE - DENIED - could be revisited if jury selection taking too long
Trial set for Jan 2, 2013

Nov 6, 2012
Judge ORDERS Zenaida attorneys can question/depose Casey about audio tapes, which were mentioned in video diary leaked online in January.
All same safeguards from her prior deposition - via video and in disguise

Nov 7, 2012 - HEARING - Result - Deferred

Nov 13, 2012 - NOTICE OF TAKING DEPOSITION(s)
Casey attorneys want to depose Kathi Belich WFTV and Michelle Meredith WESH2

Nov 13, 2012 - Consent to continuance of trial - Motion for Continuance by Zenaida
Both sides agree to postpone trial start January 2, 2013, until after APPEAL is done

11/28/2012 Order
ON PLAINTIFF'S MOTION FOR CONTINUANCE BASED UPON PENDING RESOLUTION OF DEFENDANT'S CRIMINAL APPEAL

Jan 8, 2013 - APPEAL to be heard in Appeal Court in Daytona Beach
Appeal was filed Aug 18, 2011

Jan 25, 2013 - Casey WINS APPEAL on two counts of lying to law enforcement
Files Bankruptcy same day

Jan 20, 2013 - Zenaida civil case put on AUTO STAY after Casey files Bankruptcy on January 25, 2013

March 13, 2013 - Zenaida asks to depose Casey in Bankruptcy court

March 14, 2013 - Casey Objects to Zenaida taking deposition of Casey

March 22, 2013 - Status Hearing in Judge Munyon court

March 25, 2013 - Bankruptcy Status Hearing set for Sept 23, 2013

April 2, 2013
OBJECTION OF ZENAIDA GONZALEZ TO DEBTOR'S CLAIM of EXEMPTIONS
[April 3, 2013 - Roy Kronk filed same objection to Casey's exemptions]
[Casey has until April 24th and April 25th to file an Objection to Zenaida and Kronk's Objections to Exemptions]
Not ruled on by bankruptcy judge yet

April 8, 2013 - Zenaida's Reply to Casey's Objection to taking deposition

April 9, 2013 - RULING in Bankruptcy court - Zenaida DENIED motion to take Casey deposition - has to proceed with civil suit in State court first, to see if Zenaida wins a judgment against Casey, then becomes a Creditor in the bankruptcy case

April 10, 2013 - Notice of Hearing - 4/9/2013, 2p [in bankruptcy court]

April 11, 2013 - Motion
of Zenaida Gonzalez for extension of time to file complaint - in civil court

2/05/2013 - Zenaida motion to transfer bankruptcy case back to Orlando
2/25/2013 - Kronk files joinder asking to transfer case
2/25/2013 - Casey response/objection to Motion to transfer
2/26/2013 - Hearing - Bankruptcy judge denies motion to transfer

3/12/2013 - Zenaida motion to take Casey Depo
3/14/2013 - Casey objected to Zenaida taking Depo
4/5/2013 - Zenaida response to Casey's objection to Depo
4/9/2013 - Bankruptcy judge denied motion to take Depo

4/2/2013 - Kronk motion to take Depo
4/9/2013 - Casey objected to Kronk taking Depo
4/9/2013 - Bankruptcy judge denied motion to take Depo

4/2/2013 - Zenaida Objection to Exemptions - worded incorrectly
4/4/2013 - Zenaida Amended Objection to Exemptions - changed "will" to "may"
Casey has 21 days to object to objection = by April 25, 2013
Not ruled on by bankruptcy judge yet - judge can make a ruling without a Hearing

4/3/2013 - Kronk Objection to Exemptions
Casey has 21 days to object to objection = by April 24, 2013
Not ruled on by bankruptcy judge yet - judge can make a ruling without a Hearing

PURSUANT TO LOCAL RULE 2002-4, THE COURT WILL CONSIDER THIS MOTION, OBJECTION OR OTHER MATTER WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE OR HEARING UNLESS A PARTY IN INTEREST FILES AN OBJECTION WITHIN TWENTY-ONE (21) DAYS FROM THE DATE THIS PAPER IS ENTERED ON THE DOCKET [ENTERED 4/3/2013 - objection must be filed by Casey by April 24, 2013] .
[clip]
IF YOU FILE AND SERVE AN OBJECTION WITHIN THE TIME PERMITTED, THE COURT MAY SCHEDULE A HEARING AND YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED.
IF YOU DO NOT FILE AN OBJECTION WITHIN THE TIME PERMITTED, THE COURT WILL CONSIDER THAT YOU DO NOT OPPOSE THE GRANTING OF THE RELIEF REQUESTED IN THE PAPER, WILL PROCEED TO CONSIDER THE PAPER WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE OR HEARING, AND MAY GRANT THE RELIEF REQUESTED.

4/9/2013 - Zenaida Motion to Extend Time to file Complaint Objecting to Discharge of the Debtor or to Challenge Dischargeability of Certain Debts
Zenaida requests extension of time to file complaint until a date 21-days after the conclusion of Debtor's 2004 examination [Casey's deposition].

Motion says Zenaida's civil case should be excepted from the discharge pursuant to 11 U.S.C. 523(a)(6).
(a) A discharge under section 727, 1141, 1228 (a), 1228 (b), or 1328 (b) of this title does not discharge an individual debtor from any debt—
(6) for willful and malicious injury by the debtor to another entity or to the property of another entity;

Motion says Zenaida believes may be grounds to file a complaint under 11 U.S.C. 727 objecting to the Debtor's discharge entirely.

Motion says Bankruptcy Rule 4007(c), a creditor may file a motion to extend the time period for filing a dischargeability complaint at any time before the expiration of such period.
The deadline to file a complaint objecting to discharge of Debtor or to challenge dischargeability of certain debts in this case is May 3, 2013.
Motion says even if Zenaida takes Casey's deposition prior to deadline of May 3, 2013, needs more time to evaluate Casey testimony in depo and possibly draft a complaint under either 523 or 727 of Bankruptcy Code.
[Does not give the paragraph about judge ruling without a Hearing]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder whose idea it was to file BK, CA or her attys. Did they anticipate these "problems" arising. If CA was just trying to get her life back, she had caused another delay. The irony of all this is: Had CA enrolled in a Jr. college with a full load, she would be graduating with a 2 year degree a few months from now.

JMO

So, this is how I interpret all this...KC, an aquitted albeit guilty murderer of her own child gets to have a bevy of attorneys for free, gets to live rent free, does not have to pay for groceries, utilities, transportation, does not have to answer to anyone she has slandered in th course of lying about murdering her child, she... because she has "special status" as a "murderer who got off" has even MORE legal recourse?

So, this is how I interpret all this...KC, an aquitted albeit guilty murderer of her own child gets to have a bevy of attorneys for free, gets to live rent free, does not have to pay for groceries, utilities, transportation, does not have to answer to anyone she has slandered in th course of lying about murdering her child, she... because she has "special status" as a "murderer who got off" has even MORE legal recourse?

Exactly!
And what galls me the most is the idea of giving someone a "fresh start" and wiping out all of their debt for them, when that someone has the debt as a result of their CRIMES!

Looking at the list of Creditors who have amounts owed listed in her bankruptcy filing -- the majority are directly accrued due to her check fraud conviction and lying to law enforcement convictions. If she had not committed CRIMES, she would not have the majority of these debts. It is disgusting that Florida tax payers had to pay for her legal costs due to her CRIMES. It should absolutely NOT be allowed to discharge any debts directly related to a person's criminal activity.

Society is supposed to feel sorry for her because she is a high school dropout, with no skills, when she has done NOTHING to improve herself by education or employment? She has lied and manipulated and lived off of other people all her life, and now the bankruptcy court is ready to reward her for that!

Creditors not directly related to her CRIMES:
- Adventist Florida Hospital - $ 200 [from Nov 2007 to present]
- AT&T Mobility - Collection Agency - $ 1,403.32
- Tribute MasterCard - $ 1,250

Creditors directly related to Casey Anthony's CRIMES:
- Baez - $ 500,000 [though she said she really does not owe this]
- Florida Dept Law Enforcement - $ 61,505.12
- Internal Revenue Service - $ 68,540
- Metropolitan Bureau of Inv - $ 10,283.90
- Orange County Florida Clerk of Court - $ 495.00
- Orange County Sheriff's Office - $ 145,660.21
- State of Florida - $ 50.00
- Alliance One Collection Agency for STATE of Florida debt of $ 4,153.91
- Ambulance added 4/4/2013 $ 921.15 [fall while she was being transported to JAIL]

- Roy Kronk - civil suit
- Tim Miller/Texas EquuSearch - civil suit
- Zenaida Gonzalez - civil suit

Exactly!
And what galls me the most is the idea of giving someone a "fresh start" and wiping out all of their debt for them, when that someone has the debt as a result of their CRIMES!

Looking at the list of Creditors who have amounts owed listed in her bankruptcy filing -- the majority are directly accrued due to her check fraud conviction and lying to law enforcement convictions. If she had not committed CRIMES, she would not have the majority of these debts. It is disgusting that Florida tax payers had to pay for her legal costs due to her CRIMES. It should absolutely NOT be allowed to discharge any debts directly related to a person's criminal activity.

Society is supposed to feel sorry for her because she is a high school dropout, with no skills, when she has done NOTHING to improve herself by education or employment? She has lied and manipulated and lived off of other people all her life, and now the bankruptcy court is ready to reward her for that!

Creditors not directly related to her CRIMES:
- Adventist Florida Hospital - $ 200 [from Nov 2007 to present]
- AT&T Mobility - Collection Agency - $ 1,403.32
- Tribute MasterCard - $ 1,250

Creditors directly related to Casey Anthony's CRIMES:
- Baez - $ 500,000 [though she said she really does not owe this]
- Florida Dept Law Enforcement - $ 61,505.12
- Internal Revenue Service - $ 68,540
- Metropolitan Bureau of Inv - $ 10,283.90
- Orange County Florida Clerk of Court - $ 495.00
- Orange County Sheriff's Office - $ 145,660.21
- State of Florida - $ 50.00
- Alliance One Collection Agency for STATE of Florida debt of $ 4,153.91
- Ambulance added 4/4/2013 $ 921.15 [fall while she was being transported to JAIL]

- Roy Kronk - civil suit
- Tim Miller/Texas EquuSearch - civil suit
- Zenaida Gonzalez - civil suit

And it is said "crime doesn't pay". She is doing what she has always done. Having fun and living off others. Hopefully all these lawyers will get this message soon _- "There is no payday down the road from book deals! You better find a client that can pay your fees."

Although I doubt if CA will ever earn enough money to pay the debts she actually owes (I don't consider JB's amount owed), at least they should be hanging over her head. But that would not bother her. She lives for fun and she will have that anywhere she can. Even if she wrote a book, I don't think it would sell enough copies to pay what she owes.

JMO

QUESTION

What do most criminals do when they are released from jail/prison and have a lot of debt related to their crimes, court costs, investigative costs, which have been COURT ORDERED by a judge in their criminal case, to be PAID by the convict?

Do they all file for bankruptcy to get all of this legal debt magically wiped away?

How can a judge in a criminal case ORDER that fines be paid by the criminal ... only to have a different bankruptcy judge come along later and say they do NOT have to pay those Court Ordered debts?

Shouldn't they have their wages garnished?

She/her attorneys have already received THOUSANDS of dollars for a few photos .... these court ordered debts should attach to any future earnings through more photo sales, interview, books, etc..

In my view -- it should be an automatic NO for a person to even list court ordered debt on a bankruptcy filing. How can those debts even be "considered" to be discharged in bankruptcy?

Even the debts she incurred other than directly related to the murder are for charges that IMO are fraudulent, since when she incurred them she knew she had NO prospect of paying them back.. not without stealing from someone else anyway!

"..My Beloved Caylee, who was taken away from me too soon."

???!!!

O.M.G.

If this is true, then FCA would officially be qualified to enter ALL NINE Rings of H#ll in Dante's Inferno.

Uhhh, sickening.

:furious:

Caylee was never taken away from you, Casey. You threw her away.

I think it was ?noanswer who made a post that included me saying it was a good thing the Zenaida and Tim Miller trials were going to go ahead in civil courts.

(Umm - I will have to look over ThinkTank's notes to see if Tim Miller's case has been given the go-ahead to go to trial yet)

So here are my reasons for thinking it is a good thing. We all know FCA's reasons for declaring bankruptcy are to get these civil cases off her back - she knows what she did and she also knows she was wrong.

For me, the Bankruptcy insolvency and discharge are tools for people who have no other recourse. It is for people who have reached the end of their financial and emotional resources and can no longer manage their debt load - usually because of things that have happened they have no control over. These are people who are truly suffering and need relief. In no way can I put FCA in that picture. She has resources to sell that could easily wipe out her debts (but not her debt to society - too late for that - ever)

At the same time you all may also have seen me whining back and forth with AZLawyer because I naively expect the law to be just and fair and to protect the innocent - and I am forever saying "why?" when we see people sliding through the legal system who are obviously guilty.

I don't know if the BK Laws will protect FCA or not - I don't know if the Trustee will get what he wants to balance her "case", but on the way to whatever conclusion is coming, I want her to suffer. I want her to suffer embarrassment, humiliation and I want the road to her "completion" to be long and hard.

That may be "small" and "mean" of me and to that I say "tough beans" - it is what is is. :rocker:

I think it was ?noanswer who made a post that included me saying it was a good thing the Zenaida and Tim Miller trials were going to go ahead in civil courts.

(Umm - I will have to look over ThinkTank's notes to see if Tim Miller's case has been given the go-ahead to go to trial yet)

So here are my reasons for thinking it is a good thing. We all know FCA's reasons for declaring bankruptcy are to get these civil cases off her back - she knows what she did and she also knows she was wrong.

For me, the Bankruptcy insolvency and discharge are tools for people who have no other recourse. It is for people who have reached the end of their financial and emotional resources and can no longer manage their debt load - usually because of things that have happened they have no control over.
These are people who are truly suffering and need relief. In no way can I put FCA in that picture. She has resources to sell that could easily wipe out her debts (but not her debt to society - too late for that - ever)

At the same time you all may also have seen me whining back and forth with AZLawyer because I naively expect the law to be just and fair and to protect the innocent - and I am forever saying "why?" when we see people sliding through the legal system who are obviously guilty.

I don't know if the BK Laws will protect FCA or not - I don't know if the Trustee will get what he wants to balance her "case", but on the way to whatever conclusion is coming, I want her to suffer. I want her to suffer embarrassment, humiliation and I want the road to her "completion" to be long and hard.

That may be "small" and "mean" of me and to that I say "tough beans" - it is what is is. :rocker:

BBM: Not just for you...it is in fact the real intent of bankruptcy...to get a fresh start after something happened that is out of your control. Now, I know that some people file for other reasons, and with that get protection that they ought to be ashamed of, but in the US the main reason for filing for personal bankruptcy is medical debts. An accident or illness of self or a member of your family can wipe you out. Add to that the stress of bill collectors calling you at home and at work and you can lose your mind before long. I do believe people need and should have something in place to help them get back on their feet once life throws them that kind of curve ball.

But when a person incurs debts as a result of their own behavior choices, it is just plain disgusting that they can just file bankruptcy and be allowed to sashay off into the sunset to live their life as if they have done nothing wrong.

I do not think bankruptcy should be a vehicle for canceling out court orders that came about from due process, and bankruptcy court should have no jurisdiction over monetary claims that arose from the debtor's illegal or immoral actions, i.e., they chose to commit a criminal or moral offense when they could just as easily have chosen not to.

I have become convinced that we will never get from our courts what we really need. And that old saying about the US having the best legal system in the world....well, that thought is fodder for nightmares. Truth is, there is no "justice for all" anywhere--not even the US.

QUESTION

What do most criminals do when they are released from jail/prison and have a lot of debt related to their crimes, court costs, investigative costs, which have been COURT ORDERED by a judge in their criminal case, to be PAID by the convict?

Do they all file for bankruptcy to get all of this legal debt magically wiped away?

How can a judge in a criminal case ORDER that fines be paid by the criminal ... only to have a different bankruptcy judge come along later and say they do NOT have to pay those Court Ordered debts?

Shouldn't they have their wages garnished?

She/her attorneys have already received THOUSANDS of dollars for a few photos .... these court ordered debts should attach to any future earnings through more photo sales, interview, books, etc..

In my view -- it should be an automatic NO for a person to even list court ordered debt on a bankruptcy filing. How can those debts even be "considered" to be discharged in bankruptcy?

I think Misty Cummings Croslin has at least a 1 million dollar fine plus other court costs. The other 4 involved in the drug deals also have hefty fines and court costs. IIRC, the fines have to be paid on the date they are released. I have also read that not many fines are actually collected, but I don't know. I bet they won't have any pro bono attys. representing them when they are thru serving their sentences. I can understand assessing court costs and other cost involved in the prosecution, but why would such high fines be assessed (I know CA didn't have any fines, only costs associated with her prosecution.)

I don't think CA or any other criminal should just walk off into the sunset with everything dismissed. I doubt if the time it took the personnel that came up with the amount owed was included in the amount she owes.

JMO

She filed the IRS as a Creditor and said she owed them $ 68,540.00, from 2008 Taxes, and said it was an "Unsecured Nonpriority Claim" and was "Unliquidated" and "Disputed".

The IRS filed a Proof of Claim, on TAX DAY April 15, 2013, and said she owes $ 80,855.11, and it is a SECURED CLAIM, and Liens were filed in Orange County and Osceola County in 2011.

The IRS says it holds the right to file for a "setoff" - regarding her real estate, motor vehicle, and other.

Her original bankruptcy filing:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7Dj...aGs/edit?pli=1
60-page bankruptcy filing
IRS - page 22 - $ 68,540.00
11/1/2010 - for 2008 Taxes, Interest and Penalties
IRS - "Unsecured Nonpriority Claim" - "Unliquidated" and "Disputed"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IRS files PROOF OF CLAIM in bankruptcy court

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7Dj...it?usp=sharing

Creditor
Internal Revenue Service
850 Trafalgar Court
Maitland, FL 32751

Filed April 15, 2013

Secured Claim [but not Priority] -$ 80,855.11 [includes interest and other charges]

Tax Period Income - 12/31/2008
Assessed 11/01/2010 - $ 68,520.41
Tax Due - $ 47,904.00
Penalty to Petition Date - $ 26,269.10
Interest to Petition Date - $ 6,682.01
Notice of Tax Lien Filed - 08/24/2011 in Orange County and 05/25/2011 in Osceola County

She said ZERO creditors holding secured claims.
SECURED CLAIM = Secured by a lien on property or a right of setoff.
IRS claims Secured Claim [but not Priority] - IRS attaches Proof of Claim with Lien filed 11/1/2010
She said IRS is Unsecured Nonpriority Claim - Unliquidated and Disputed - $68,540.00

IRS filed: "Nature of property or right of setoff: Real Estate; Motor Vehicle; Other."
"All of debtor(s) right, title and interest to property - 26 U.S.C. 6321"

"The United States has not identified a right of setoff or counterclaim. However, this determination is based on available data and is not intended to waive any right to setoff against this claim debts owed to this debtor by this or any other federal agency. All rights of setoff are preserved and will be asserted to the extent lawful."

Types of Claims in bankruptcy court:

Bankruptcy Filing says she has ZERO Creditors Holding Secured Claims; and ZERO Creditors Holding Unsecured Priority Claims

Her Filing says she only has Creditors Holding Unsecured Nonpriority Claims - $ 792,119.23

SECURED CLAIMS - ...claims secured by property of the debtor as of the date of filing of the petition. ... all types of secured interests such as judgment liens, garnishments, statutory liens, mortgages, deeds of trust, and other security interests.
She said ZERO creditors holding secured claims.
IRS claims Secured Claim [but not Priority] - Secured by a lien on property or a right of setoff.
She said IRS is Unsecured Nonpriority Claim - and is "Unliquidated" and "Disputed"]

UNSECURED PRIORITY CLAIMS - such as Domestic support obligations; extensions of credit; wages, salaries, commissions; contributions to employee benefit plans; deposits for lease or rental or services; taxes and certain other debts owed to governmental units [taxes, customs duties, and penalties owing to federal, state, and local governmental units..]; claims for death or personal injury while debtor was intoxicated.
She said ZERO creditors holding unsecured priority claims.

UNSECURED NONPRIORITY CLAIMS - unsecured claims without priority against the debtor or the property of the debtor as of the filing of the petition.
She listed ALL of her Creditors in this section.
Ambulance claims Unsecured Nonpriority claim - Disputed
Orange County Sheriff's Office claims Unsecured Nonpriority claim - though Court Ordered cost of investigation - she claims the Sheriff's Office claim is "Disputed".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back