Bankrupt Casey Anthony interviewed by KPHO CBS in Phoenix

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think this guy may be on the up and up. If this man is a bankruptcy attorney and is disgusted by the fact that unless stopped she will make money off the story I can see him putting up $10,000 for the rights to it. My concern is for others that may now put in higher bids. From the way that I read the motion a bid must include a statement that it is not contingent on Casey's cooperation. Why would anyone bid higher on it unless they plan on later making a profit from it by later paying her for her story? Nothing stopping those bids as long as they don't have a deal with her now is my understanding.

I thought comments were to be considered rumors so be cautious until we hear something from a reliable source as to who this bidder is.
We have already been speculating that FCA is busy at her laptop.

I thought comments were to be considered rumors so be cautious until we hear something from a reliable source as to who this bidder is.
We have already been speculating that FCA is busy at her laptop.

The bidder was identified in the motion filed by the bk trustee.

JMO

Are we allowed to post what we find about bidders?

No need to post that kind of information at this time. If that changes a mod will let us all know.

Also to all : please do not use WS as a platform for any kind of fundraising unless it has been cleared by the owners.
Thank you!

Bumping. :bump: :blowkiss:

No, I just remember her being on NG. I googled for an aunt, but no aunt in Texas. :)

I don't remember her being on NG (Cindy's brother's ex-wife was) but Cindy's cousin Dana was on a radio station in Texas.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW3oT-2nOYQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW3oT-2nOYQ[/ame]

Yes I do. I wonder if the Trustee had entertained this idea before the guy made an offer. I bet neither CA nor her attorneys/keepers thought about it.

JMO

It's an interesting thought to play with ~ CM is well seasoned enough that I think he's very aware of what the possibilities and outcomes might be (not to mention that Casey has an additional attorney who specializes in bankruptcies). I have a hard time believing they were all caught unaware!

What I can't decide, though, is if it was actually constructed by her team as a method to not only release her from what she may owe the people (ZG, TM and RK whose lives she negatively impacted) but also to permit her an avenue to receive (through handlers) a profit for her "story."

With her history, I put nothing past her team. Moral codes are nonexistent for them.

I would think that the Trustee was delighted to receive this case. Most Chapter 7 cases, from what I've been able to read, have few assets at all.

:moo:​

"A man is offering Casey Anthony $10,000 to not share her story.

According to newly filed court documents a man named James M Schober has offered Anthony the five-digit sum for the exclusive rights to her life story, forever.

But instead of one day profiting from its ownership his filing states his hopes to 'prevent Ms Anthony or others from publishing or profiting from her story in the future.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ered-10-000-dollars-NOT-talk-share-story.html

The bidder was identified in the motion filed by the bk trustee.

JMO

Yes, you are right. I know the bidder was identified by his name, but there are a few men that have that same name so we are not sure at this time which one made the offer.

The comment made under Hal's column confirming an identity should be considered a rumor until it is confirmed in the MSM. It is believed that even FCA could be sending in comments under fake names.

That article also has the name of the bidder wrong. It states John M. It is John A. If this atty is somehow in with the felon, I could see then sending the wrong initial to get folks off the trail. I trust the motion to be accurate, not tmz.

I so agree - it just mad me wonder which person in the Anthony camp sold this story to TMZ because it is carp.

It seems to me I read that FCA's "approval" isn't part of this process.
And why would it be? This is a bankruptcy court.

"A man is offering Casey Anthony $10,000 to not share her story.

According to newly filed court documents a man named James M Schober has offered Anthony the five-digit sum for the exclusive rights to her life story, forever.

But instead of one day profiting from its ownership his filing states his hopes to 'prevent Ms Anthony or others from publishing or profiting from her story in the future.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ered-10-000-dollars-NOT-talk-share-story.html

See this stuff is rubbish - "offered FCA $10K is a pretty far stretch of poetic license" - he's offered her BK filing not her!FCA can't sell anything now she has applied for bankruptcy - it is the trustee who received the offer - not her. At least that's my reading on it.

Thank God you're here, LG. I was afraid I shut the entire thread down!

See this stuff is rubbish - FCA can't sell anything now she has applied for bankruptcy - it is the trustee who received the offer - not her. At least that's my reading on it.

I read it the same way. Article very poorly written. The story on the Dailymail or whatever it is called is just a variation on the TMZ article. Neither of them are accurate.

JMO

Yes I do. I wonder if the Trustee had entertained this idea before the guy made an offer. I bet neither CA nor her attorneys/keepers thought about it.

JMO

But isn't the selling of assets always a possibility is this level of bankruptcy?

I've looked at the motion and it says nothing about FCA receiving ths offer. This BK lawyer says he received it and the offer comes from an individual who wants to prevent FCA or others from publishing...etc.

It also says his offer is not subject to any contingency based on the cooperation or promise of cooperation from Ms Anthony.

So to me this has the feeling of a "hostile takeover" not something she is trying to arrange.

JMO

Maybe he's just a person with some morals who is just as mad at this injustice as we are and has the money and the legal smarts to do something about it.

I think we are feeling uneasy because we have learned to expect everything about this case to be smary....

I read it the same way. Article very poorly written. The story on the Dailymail or whatever it is called is just a variation on the TMZ article. Neither of them are accurate.

JMO

I was just shocked wihen I read the TMZ article and had to tear off to a 2 year old's birthday party because I am her "urban gramma"...her real one lives in another province/state. It's been bugging me all afternoon.

Maybe he's just a person with some morals who is just as mad at this injustice as we are and has the money and the legal smarts to do something about it.

I think we are feeling uneasy because we have learned to expect everything about this case to be smary....

Because CA seems to escape from any consequences, it is easy to forget that most people think she is guilty and do not want her, her attorneys, or her family to benefit from the death of a beautiful little girl named Caylee. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel the person who offered to buy all those rights listed on the motion filed by BK trustee did it for the right reasons.

JMO

See this stuff is rubbish - "offered FCA $10K is a pretty far stretch of poetic license" - he's offered her BK filing not her!FCA can't sell anything now she has applied for bankruptcy - it is the trustee who received the offer - not her. At least that's my reading on it.

That is normal for the Daily Mail. Take a look at any article and the comments below it are usually full of complaints as to how wrong they have got the story. They just print anything to make a catchy headline.

Because CA seems to escape from any consequences, it is easy to forget that most people think she is guilty and do not want her, her attorneys, or her family to benefit from the death of a beautiful little girl named Caylee. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel the person who offered to buy all those rights listed on the motion filed by BK trustee did it for the right reasons.

JMO

This is my hope and prayer, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members