Netherlands Belgium, Liège, WhtFem, 14-24, Albert Canel (Dutch-Belgium border), May'09

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is so sad....still nothing new about this young female homicide victim...somehow I think she was trafficked from Eastern Europe, Albania, Russia/Ukraine. 10 years later...there must be people still not knowing what happened to their loved one.

I agree with you. Sadly it is not uncommon, a lot of trafficking from that part of Europe. There is a similar case from Bremen, a young woman in her 20s, likely from Ukraine (she wore an Ukrainian made heirloom earring). Killed and thrown into water. Police also suspects trafficking. She is also not identified yet.
Families abroad are left in the unknown, some may think their child got so successful they forgot about them and also supposedly some are silenced by the traffickers. And of course there is the language barrier.

This is so sad....still nothing new about this young female homicide victim...somehow I think she was trafficked from Eastern Europe, Albania, Russia/Ukraine. 10 years later...there must be people still not knowing what happened to their loved one.

I agree with you. Sadly it is not uncommon, a lot of trafficking from that part of Europe. There is a similar case from Bremen, a young woman in her 20s, likely from Ukraine (she wore an Ukrainian made heirloom earring). Killed and thrown into water. Police also suspects trafficking. She is also not identified yet.
Families abroad are left in the unknown, some may think their child got so successful they forgot about them and also supposedly some are silenced by the traffickers. And of course there is the language barrier.

Did you happen to see Matroesjka's? It's a Flemish television series (Netflix) about Belgian women traffickers who recruit girls in Eastern Europe to exploit them as prostitutes. It's fiction, but it comes very close to the truth IMO.

Check the interest maybe there are forums that post Unknowns as well as missing persons..I came across one such form but that was years ago.....

Refreshing her video-link

This is now the only source that says she was living in the Benelux for a longer time, but had spent her youth in an East-European country. This info is not on the Belgium Federal police site nor on the Dutch unidentified site.

I feel like the facial features of 14yo Anita Richter, missing 300 miles away in Hamburg ten years before this woman's body was found, are a very strong match. Particularly the jaw and cheek structure, the nose, the peculiar ear shape (the lobe), the eye shape, mouth shape, and the measurements between the key parts of the face.

I ran the drawing and the known photo of AR through an AI facial feature classifier and it gave a 70% match without compensating for age.

I've sent this to the Netherlands police but if anybody has a way of contacting someone relevant in Germany please let me know.

Attachments

• _1.jpg
    _1.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 11
  • _2.jpg
    _2.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 11
I feel like the facial features of 14yo Anita Richter, missing 300 miles away in Hamburg ten years before this woman's body was found, are a very strong match. Particularly the jaw and cheek structure, the nose, the peculiar ear shape (the lobe), the eye shape, mouth shape, and the measurements between the key parts of the face.

I ran the drawing and the known photo of AR through an AI facial feature classifier and it gave a 70% match without compensating for age.

I've sent this to the Netherlands police but if anybody has a way of contacting someone relevant in Germany please let me know.
Uncanny resemblance, great find!

This case haunts me! It's been 48 hours since I reported online to the Netherlands Police, perhaps there's a more direct way of getting in touch. As so much time has passed there isn't a lot of online activity from the families or police for either of these women.

I contacted the Belgium police/investigators a couple of weeks ago, by mail (general) and was directed to send a mail by filling in a form sending it to the specific cold cases department, which I did. I asked if there was any movement in/status of the case and if they could narrow down the possible east-European country she could have lived in as a child/before she moved to the Benelux. Never heard anything back. I hoped that maybe this could have been a motivation to update her file, but nothing was added.

How do the Dutch and Belgian police know she came from Eastern Europe originally? What were the clues or proof?

How do the Dutch and Belgian police know she came from Eastern Europe originally? What were the clues or proof?

I don't know....maybe there are isotopes...but it's all a little vague. Knowing a bit how the Dutch police operates in other cases, it's kind of strange they haven't released this info, because in lot's of other cases they tried/try to be so complete as possible.

Perhaps it’s a tactical withholding of information, connected to who killed her and/or how the police eventually find out who it is. It’s not uncommon for detectives to do things this way in the UK.

One benefit: this could concern a possible German citizen, so I’ll send the information on to German police also. Then there’s a the Belgian connection.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back