Belize - Francesca Matus, 52, & Drew De Voursney, 36, murdered, Corozal, 25 Apr 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Another tragic outcome. These deaths are all too geographically close and there are so many other similarities.

https://www.facebook.com/News5Live/posts/1312350752219126

A News Five team is in Corozal where around two o'clock this afternoon, the bodies of missing couple, Zeidy Orozco and Balthazar Lopez were discovered off a feeder road down the Consejo Road. Police as well as B.D.F. personnel have now been joined at the scene by relative and friends of the couple, who have been searching for them for the past six days. Orozco and Lopez were last seen alive on Thursday, June first, near the sea wall in the vicinity of Corozo Blues. Last Friday, the vehicle belonging Orozco was discovered torched in the outskirts of Patchakan Village. Today, however, the dark reality is that in fact they were both killed and their bodies dumped four villages away off the Consejo Road.

This might start to frighten people in the area, I hope they get to the bottom of it.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Another tragic outcome. These deaths are all too geographically close and there are so many other similarities.

https://www.facebook.com/News5Live/posts/1312350752219126

A News Five team is in Corozal where around two o'clock this afternoon, the bodies of missing couple, Zeidy Orozco and Balthazar Lopez were discovered off a feeder road down the Consejo Road. Police as well as B.D.F. personnel have now been joined at the scene by relative and friends of the couple, who have been searching for them for the past six days. Orozco and Lopez were last seen alive on Thursday, June first, near the sea wall in the vicinity of Corozo Blues. Last Friday, the vehicle belonging Orozco was discovered torched in the outskirts of Patchakan Village. Today, however, the dark reality is that in fact they were both killed and their bodies dumped four villages away off the Consejo Road.
Regrettably this is not an unexpected outcome (for me).

I'm digging around on geographical locations of this recent crime.

They were last seen at The Corozal Blue.

Certainly seems to me like there is a psycho on the loose in Belize.

JMO
This new crime is highly suspicious to me, especially because of the vehicle recovery location.

I'm afraid I don't have much confidence in Belize LE. They have virtually zero media skills, and I can't imagine that they are pounding the pavement much for either cases.

What can been done by our little group to assist? Anything? ?

So, Scotty's is 5 minutes/1 mile away from The Corozal Blue.

Has anyone heard about COD or any other commonalities between the 2 cases?

http://edition.channel5belize.com/archives/147574
The families tonight remain perplexed as to who would want Orozco and Lopez dead and why. It is the second double murder in the past six weeks and five homicides since the start of May. Has Corozal become a dangerous municipality?
“Something is wrong. Something is really wrong here in Corozal cause years before you could walk ten, eleven, twelve in the night and you are not afraid of anyone or anything. Now with double murder, like you said…double and double, we have to be careful. Something is really wrong. And I think the police and the authorities need to do something.”

Viciously beaten, shot to the head..
[video=youtube;2yZCMTiRNnU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yZCMTiRNnU[/video]

So she was beat in the face and head, then shot. He was just shot. This is so sad. Belize used to be on my Bucket list. Such a beautiful country. It sounds like this area may have been overrun by a gang, or something. Even though the causes of death do not match the Canadian couple, I still have a gut feeling there is a relation.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

So she was beat in the face and head, then shot. He was just shot. This is so sad. Belize used to be on my Bucket list. Such a beautiful country. It sounds like this area may have been overrun by a gang, or something. Even though the causes of death do not match the Canadian couple, I still have a gut feeling there is a relation.

One victim was severely beaten and COD was blunt force trauma. The other victim was shot. I have to listen to the news video again and I will transcribe pertinent details in a few hours, not the least of which is that the police moved their bodies from the original recovery position!

One victim was severely beaten and COD was blunt force trauma. The other victim was shot. I have to listen to the news video again and I will transcribe pertinent details in a few hours, not the least of which is that the police moved their bodies from the original recovery position!
I read that. I was a bit confused as I thought they moved them from the crime scene to the morgue, but then realized they meant to another scene. That sounds so hinky.

[video=youtube;8zQ0R8eucrM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zQ0R8eucrM[/video]

http://www.7newsbelize.com/sstory.php?nid=40624
After more than 5 days of searching, the bodies of Zeidy Orozco and Balthazar Lopez were found here, in this clearing, which is off to the side of a feeder road coming from the Consejo Shores road. It's so much off the beaten path, that our news team almost missed it, but following instructions, we stumbled upon it after sticking around long enough. That was when the smell of decay started wafting out from the dump site of the couple's bodies.

As we walked towards the area, we found police caution tape, and the odor of decomposition was so heavy, that it was almost stifling.
Yet, this was where the bodies of couple were disposed of, the disregard for human dignity clearly apparent. And, according to police, how we found the area is exactly the way they were first discovered yesterday. Someone came here to dump garbage, and the smell drew their attention.

But, this wasn't where the police and the medical examiner conducted the post-mortem, which was supposed to be on-site. They removed the couple and took them about 3 miles away to this area, near the sea.

After the police were done with the examination, the families waited anxiously to take them for burial. They were already agitated that their loved-ones had to spend another night exposed to the elements, instead of being respectfully laid to rest.
rbbm.
http://edition.channel5belize.com/archives/147666
A post mortem concluded this morning confirms that Orosco was bludgeoned to the head and face, while Lopez was shot to the head; a single bullet was removed from his stomach. Their bodies were found several feet apart from each other near a dumpsite off the Consejo Road on Wednesday, but Orosco’s burnt car was found days earlier at another location in Patchakan miles away.

Some things are lost in translation. Lopez what shot to the head, yet a single bullet was removed from his stomach. Also in the earlier article it stated Orosco was beat about the face and head then shot.

The way the articles are written, I'm guessing it isn't common to embalm bodies in this area? It sounds like the autopsy was performed outside then the bodies were released to families straight from the second site to the cemetery? I may be reading all wrong.

Grey Duct Tape was also likely used in this recent double homicide.

Photo of duct tape at the crime scene. Bodies blurred out.

Serial Killer?

Rbbm.
Interesting that it is suggested that one should not pick up hitch-hikers, but also not to pick up someone you know !
imo.
http://www.quepasacorozal.com/is-there-a-serial-killer-on-the-loose/
attachment.php

Either way, we ask all Belizeans especially our fellow Corozaleños to be cautious when going out, especially at night and do not stop for hitch hikers or people you may know,

Attachments

• tape.jpg
    tape.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 169
Oops, maybe a typo for "people you may not know..."

It seems a very unusual and risky MO for a serial killer: target couples, target people driving a car, target them at night when it's more difficult to get at them, but not in the dead of night so there'd still be other people about, hide the vehicle and bodies far apart requiring a fair amount of scouting out hiding locations and coordinating another vehicle.

And since everyone knows that hiding the car/bodies didn't work last time, why do it again? Was it hoped that this time they wouldn't be found, people would just think they ran off together?

People usually hide a body (as opposed to dispose of it, like off the side of a road) because they fear they'll be suspected if the crime is detected. But this would normally only be in countriess where there's forensic capability, not so much in Belize. It doesn't appear people suspect anyone but maybe she had a jealous ex, and no one's saying anything to the media.

I doubt this couple would have ever crossed paths with the expats or known anyone in common, expats tend to move in a separate world from locals.

EDITED to add: the use of a gun makes this seem more like a gang hit. Perhaps Lopez had a debt or was involved with something.

Oops, maybe a typo for "people you may not know..."

It seems a very unusual and risky MO for a serial killer: target couples, target people driving a car, target them at night when it's more difficult to get at them, but not in the dead of night so there'd still be other people about, hide the vehicle and bodies far apart requiring a fair amount of scouting out hiding locations and coordinating another vehicle.

And since everyone knows that hiding the car/bodies didn't work last time, why do it again? Was it hoped that this time they wouldn't be found, people would just think they ran off together?

People usually hide a body (as opposed to dispose of it, like off the side of a road) because they fear they'll be suspected if the crime is detected. But this would normally only be in countriess where there's forensic capability, not so much in Belize. It doesn't appear people suspect anyone but maybe she had a jealous ex, and no one's saying anything to the media.

I doubt this couple would have ever crossed paths with the expats or known anyone in common, expats tend to move in a separate world from locals.

EDITED to add: the use of a gun makes this seem more like a gang hit. Perhaps Lopez had a debt or was involved with something.

Not that anyone in Belize need worry that LE are going to catch them out murdering people, but it occured to me that if someone wanted one or both of the victims dead in the recent murder, trying to copy the murder of FM and DD is one way to confuse the issue. But it certainly wasn't copied exactly. And if it was the same person(s) and they were starting on a serial killing spree, I would think that it would be. Neither murder makes much sense if there was nothing for the murderer to gain from it. No robbery. I'm assuming no sexual assaults on the female victims. So what is the reason why a serial killer would want to go around killing couples in Corozal?

I think they are two completely separate situations but that the second perp(s) decided to make it look like it might be done by the same perp(s).

And what were the "threats" that the female in this couple supposedly received? What was her situation? Unmarried with children. What was her relationship with the father of her children?

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy
Back