GUILTY Belize - Superintendent Henry Jemmott, shot/body in sea, San Pedro Town, 28 May 2021 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This DM article makes the statement that earlier that day the Ashcrofts had attended a party on San Pedro. I don't think that has been reported before.

DM should also remove that drone photo of the end of the pier

The blood is very clearly at the FAR end of the pier, not the middle

I just want to clarify that San Pedro is the town on the island of Ambergris Caye. It is a very popular island with many wealthy expats from the UK and the US. Ambergris Caye has been in the news before with wealthy expats. John Mcafee, the tech wizard was a person of interest in a murder of a young woman on the island several years ago. He left Belize to avoid any charges and hasn't been back since.

I keep thinking she has a substance abuse problem.

I can see her as a very rich, bored, social wife bound to her husband's hotel on this tiny island/ key, in a poor backwater country.

Maybe husband isn't very attentive, Children being raised by nannies. Seeking attention, distraction. Easy target for substance abuse.

I wonder what the family did for the year + of the COVID shutdown? Hotel closed, country shut down, same small group of ex-pats and same old faces every day.

I'll bet a lot of dynamics changed.

If there's one thing Ambergris Caye is not, is a poor backwater. It's gorgeous, wealthy, sophisticated and attracts people from all over the world. Ambergris Caye and mainland Belize may as well be on different planets.

I do agree, however, on the dynamic that has played out with the upscale hotel the suspect and her husband run/own because of lost revenues. Legal businesses have been hit hard in tourist-driven locales but illegal business has probably not been affected at all.

I've been to Belize and I'd never go back to the mainland. Very scary place, especially Belize City.

If there's one thing Ambergris Caye is not, is a poor backwater. It's gorgeous, wealthy, sophisticated and attracts people from all over the world. Ambergris Caye and mainland Belize may as well be on different planets.

I do agree, however, on the dynamic that has played out with the upscale hotel the suspect and her husband run/own because of lost revenues. Legal businesses have been hit hard in tourist-driven locales but illegal business has probably not been affected at all.

I've been to Belize and I'd never go back to the mainland. Very scary place, especially Belize City.

It's not even much of an Island, other than it's connected to the mainland through Mexico.

upload_2021-6-3_17-21-48.png

upload_2021-6-3_17-21-2.png

The family Hotel top of the line, the body location on the beach at the bottom of the line.

upload_2021-6-3_17-20-54.png

It's not even much of an Island, other than it's connected to the mainland through Mexico.

View attachment 299418

View attachment 299417

The family Hotel top of the line, the body location on the beach at the bottom of the line.

View attachment 299416

Most people who want to get to AC fly from Belize's municipal airport to San Pedro because it's a lot cheaper.

The last thing I'd do is attempt to drive to AC through Mexico. That's scary, too.

She is in a common-law relationship where there are two children. Why would this tragic accident prevent her from raising her children?

Her common law husband has offered not one public word of support. Nor has his powerful father. My guess is that she might be quite expendable from their “family” after this scandal.

Covid sure didn’t hurt the drug trade.
State records show that legal marijuana sales in California increased 90% last March after Covid hit, I suspect black market drug sales also increased, globally, as people isolated. Black market sales are bigger than legal sales, even for CA pot, a lot of people like to avoid paying the state taxes that drive up the retail prices. Black market figures are all guesswork.

“Cannabis sales spiked 90% on March 16 over the average daily sales when consumers stocked up as shelter-in-place orders went into effect. That strong interest carried through with a 60% increase on April 20 and a 29% increase on June 26, she said. The industry also saw an increase in consumers using retail apps to make their purchases.”
Analyst: California cannabis market isn’t slowed by COVID, should hit $6 billion by 2025

Last edited:
Her common law husband has offered not one public word of support. Nor has his powerful father. My guess is that she might be quite expendable from their “family” after this scandal.
I cannot find anything about her apart from her relationship to her husband, only that she’s American, nothing about her life before him, her education, family, or net worth.
(Her partner’s father’s net worth is $2.1 billion)

Ok from the Daily, photo of report .

the magazine was inside the gun then as report would say if it was lying next to the gun. I say this as one of the previous videos I posted of his friend said that the deceased would take the magazine out before he handed it to him to see the gun out of curiosity. And another clip relating to the these types of guns , said a fatal error could be made if you took the magazine out but had accidentally left a bullet loaded up in the gun chamber , so you thought it was safe but there was a bullet left ready by accident.... so that’s put that to bed in my mind .

Officers retrieved '(1) Glock 17 Pistol …. Along with (1) magazine containing (1) live 9mm round S&B (1) live 9mm rounds S&B found on the dock and (1) Expended shell S&B found inside the barrel of the pistol.'

On the thread about the unidentified woman found dead in a hotel room in Norway in 1995.

Norway - Norway - Oslo, WhtFemale, 20-30, Fake Name, shot in hotel room, Jun'95

The gun was found in her hand with an unspent bullet set up in the barrel. The spent cartridges were found on the floor.

It's definitely not normal for a spent cartridge to remain in the barrel. Here's an interesting explanation from a blog about Glocks, specifically the Glock 17.

Glock 17 Generation 3 Ejection Issues

Was this his service weapon? There are some interesting comments regarding grip and spent cartridges staying in the barrel.

Subscribing with a possible re-post.. Something about Belize and real estate ventures, seems to somehow end up with somebody getting murdered,ie (Francesca Matus) imo, speculation, rbbm.
HUNTER: Canadian mom jailed in Belize after high-ranking cop shot dead | Toronto Sun
Jasmine_Hartin-e1622751775675.jpg

Originally from Eastern Ontario, socialite Jasmine Hartin is now in jail charged with manslaughter in the shooting death of a police superintendent. Photo by JASMINE HARTIN /LINKEDIN
''The pristine beaches of Belize are a long way from the hamlets of Eastern Ontario where Jasmine Hartin grew up.

But that’s where the now-socialite reveled in the high life as the daughter-in-law of a British billionaire and member of the House of Lords.''
''The 32-year-old mother of two is now rotting in a Belize prison, considered one of the most horrific in the world, charged with killing a high-ranking cop.''

''The Toronto Sun has learned that Hartin had been married before arriving in Belize in 2014 — no doubt drawn by the sun, the sand and family members working in real estate in the tropical paradise.''

''She began establishing herself in real estate, selling for both ReMax and high-end seller Christie’s.''

''Months after her arrival, Hartin appears to have hooked up with local high-flier and real estate developer Andrew Ashcroft.
He is old money, big money and daddy is the billionaire Lord Michael Ashcroft.
In Belize, the Ashcrofts carry a very big stick. Jemmons, the dead man, was a friend of the family.''

I wouldn't jump to conclusions. As soon as her husband's family open their mouths, it will interpreted as an attempt to pervert the course of justice. All they can do is sit quiet and wait for her lawyer to do the best he can.

Billionaire Lord Michael Ashcroft reportedly paid for Belize police gym
''British billionaire Lord Michael Ashcroft – whose son’s longtime partner Jasmine Hartin is charged in the shooting death of a top Belize cop – reportedly paid for a police gym and jail on the island.

He was photographed in February cutting the ribbon on the brand-new gym, for which he shelled out $135,000, at the main police headquarters, the Daily Mail reported.''

''At the event, Ashcroft, 75, whose net worth is estimated at about $2 billion, said his "interest in law and order" dated back to 1988, when he "formed and became chairman of the United Kingdom Crime Stoppers organization," according to the outlet.

The prominent businessman said he was approached directly by police Commissioner Chester Williams to bankroll the project''.

''A late-night stroll in the moonlight, then a sudden and fatal gunshot. What exactly happened between the socialite partner of the son of a billionaire Tory donor and a senior police officer in the early hours of last Friday in the resort of Mata Rocks has gripped the small Caribbean nation of Belize and turned into an international drama. It is now a major test for the country’s legal and criminal system.''

Belize gripped by arrest of Ashcroft son’s partner over officer’s death
''The question now is whether justice can be dispassionately delivered, given Lord Ashcroft’s larger-than-life status in the one-time British colony, which won independence in 1981, to the displeasure of next-door Guatemala. Ashcroft is a joint UK and Belize national. He has made no comment. Instead, this week he has been promoting on Twitter his latest book, Red Knight, an unauthorised biography of the Labour leader, Keir Starmer.

Ashcroft is the owner of a bank in Belize. He played a key role in turning the country into an offshore financial centre – or what critics say is a tax haven.''

I wouldn't jump to conclusions. As soon as her husband's family open their mouths, it will interpreted as an attempt to pervert the course of justice. All they can do is sit quiet and wait for her lawyer to do the best he can.
I agree, from the point of view of Belize social media this case is 100% about how a rich white expat is going to get off, scott-free, even though she killed a local black man, whereas if he'd killed her, he'd have been thrown in jail to rot for the rest of his life.

JMO

I agree, from the point of view of Belize social media this case is 100% about how a rich white expat is going to get off, scott-free, even though she killed a local black man, whereas if he'd killed her, he'd have been thrown in jail to rot for the rest of his life.

JMO

I'm very reluctant to view this murder as a race issue. We have two people who were friends. They were up late, drinking, sitting on the dock, and something went wrong with the gun where one ended up dead. Personally, I've hit my limit on viewing everything in the world through the skin tone lens.

This is one of those cases that will be controversial no matter how it turns out. Let’s say she is let go...some will say it’s racial, some will say it’s her connection to most powerful island family, some will say people were paid off, etc.

But if she’s’ convicted, others can claim it’s because she killed a police officer, or it’s racial in reverse, or even that the powerful family wanted to be done with her and keep the children....so...people were paid off.

Either way, it’s a mess.

Another very plausible explanation. Except I think it was accidental. The bullet in the chamber caused the shot to be fired despite removing the clip. It’s not uncommon to keep one in the chamber. If needed for defense, that half second saved before pulling the trigger can mean the difference between life and death for the Glock gun owner. I don’t know, but could find out if keeping a bullet in the chamber disengages the safety feature that the expert discussed.
Otherwise, yes, I can see this scenario.

So you disagree that there's a safety built into the trigger of that particular gun?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back