GUILTY Belize - Superintendent Henry Jemmott, shot/body in sea, San Pedro Town, 28 May 2021 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Altho they have publicly claimed that she is not the wife of Ashcroft's son (which I find a very pointless and rather hurtful statement to issue). She is after all the mother of 2 kids, which is not disputed, she is also the business partner.

But she does have the top attorney representing her, Ashcroft's man and he will cost huge money.

There have been no reports that the Canadian Embassy is providing her with advice although surely they are. They have various representations in Central America. Not directly in Belize, but one of their many Mexican offices would cover this country.

IMO.
I think she’s a US citizen, not Canadian.
US Embassies don’t really help citizens with legal problems abroad, you may be surprised how little help they are, in general, for anything, when you leave the country.
She has a good lawyer and that’s the important thing, he was Attorney General of Belize, was in the House of Representatives and his wife is presently Speaker of the House.

U.S. Department of State's Role
Officers of the Department of State and U.S. embassies and consulates overseas are prohibited by federal regulation from acting as agents, attorneys or in a fiduciary capacity on behalf of U.S. citizens involved in legal disputes overseas. Department of State personnel, including its attorneys, do not provide legal advice to the public.

While U.S. embassies and consulates overseas may not recommend a particular foreign attorney, they may furnish the names of several attorneys who have identified themselves as willing to assist U.S. citizen clients, or refer inquiries to foreign law directories, bar associations or other organizations
Retaining A Foreign Attorney

The Toronto Sun refers to Jasmine Hartin as Canadian:

HUNTER: Canadian mom jailed in Belize after high-ranking cop shot dead | Toronto Sun

But this article Who is Jasmine Hartin? Daughter-in-law of billionaire Tory donor accused of killing police officer in Belize says

Ms Hartin, who has two children with Lord Ashcroft’s son Andrew, 43, and is reportedly also a US citizen, had allegedly invited the officer, who was a friend, over to her apartment for a drink to discuss her personal security.

Well, that pier doesn't look like an apartment to me....

jmho ymmv lrr

Last edited:
The Toronto Sun refers to Jasmine Hartin as Canadian:

HUNTER: Canadian mom jailed in Belize after high-ranking cop shot dead | Toronto Sun

But this article Who is Jasmine Hartin? Daughter-in-law of billionaire Tory donor accused of killing police officer in Belize says

Ms Hartin, who has two children with Lord Ashcroft’s son Andrew, 43, and is reportedly also a US citizen, had allegedly invited the officer, who was a friend, over to her apartment for a drink to discuss her personal security.

Well, that pier doesn't look like an apartment to me....

jmho ymmv lrr
Ok, I stand corrected, some media said she was American right after it happened, I’m not surprised when they get it wrong in the race to be first on the story.
I don’t think the Canadian embassy will help her either, however. They would be pretty busy if they helped everyone arrested overseas, and need a lot more funds.
If you’ve stayed in a country so long that your passport will expire, they will help with that but you’ll have to go to them, they don’t come to you, and a lot of embassies are closed since Covid.
But they won’t save you when you commit a crime, plenty of westerners are in prison in poor countries, some for a very long time, sometimes they are even executed.
She’s probably going to get time served and a fine.

Ok, I stand corrected, some media said she was American right after it happened, I’m not surprised when they get it wrong in the race to be first on the story.
I don’t think the Canadian embassy will help her either, however. They would be pretty busy if they helped everyone arrested overseas, and need a lot more funds.
If you’ve stayed in a country so long that your passport will expire, they will help with that but you’ll have to go to them, they don’t come to you, and a lot of embassies are closed since Covid.
But they won’t save you when you commit a crime, plenty of westerners are in prison in poor countries, some for a very long time, sometimes they are even executed.
She’s probably going to get time served and a fine.

Actually, one article supports you -- says the accused is a US citizen, while the other refers to er as Canadian. Conflicting information!

Agree that the embassy may be in no hurry to offer help in this situation.

Anyone really know?

Articles (IDK which ones) state that she was married before -- was this marriage to a US citizen perhaps? Did she live in the US?

More questions than answers with this one, for certain.

Actually, one article supports you -- says the accused is a US citizen, while the other refers to er as Canadian. Conflicting information!

Agree that the embassy may be in no hurry to offer help in this situation.

Anyone really know?

Articles (IDK which ones) state that she was married before -- was this marriage to a US citizen perhaps? Did she live in the US?

More questions than answers with this one, for certain.
I checked, the nearest open Canadian embassy is Guatemala City.
Here’s the government website link of what their embassy will do [edited to make important correction; “can do”, not, “will do”] for its citizens, I doubt she needs any of these services as she’s being covered by the richest, most influential family in all of Belize.
Honestly, I think it would be pretty ballsy to ask Canadian taxpayers to pitch in to help with the limited services offered by their embassy when she already has the best lawyer in the country working for her.

Arrest and detention - Travel.gc.ca
If a Canadian citizen is arrested and detained abroad, Canadian officials abroad can:
  • ask the appropriate authorities for immediate and regular access to you
  • at your request, notify your family or friends of the situation and let them know how they can help
  • help you communicate with a representative, family or friends if direct communication is not possible or the need is urgent
  • contact your relatives or friends on your behalf to request funds
  • recommend that you hire a lawyer and approach family, friends or a local legal aid society if you can’t afford to pay
  • provide an up-to-date and accurate list of local lawyers and legal translation service providers
  • provide you and your family with general information on the local legal and prison system and approximate times for court actions
  • obtain information about the status of your case and encourage authorities to process it without undue delay
  • advocate for your fair and equal treatment under local laws
  • advocate to ensure that your health and well-being are protected, including basic nutrition, medical and dental care
  • transmit concerns through official channels about any treatment that could affect your health and well-being to local officials and prison representatives
  • arrange for the purchase, at your expense, and if permitted, of necessary food supplements, essential clothing and other basic items not available through the prison system
  • deliver letters and permitted reading material if normal postal services are unavailable
  • undertake clemency intervention if you are charged or convicted of a crime punishable by death
  • inform you of transfer of offender options – either by treaty or by administrative arrangement with the country where you are imprisoned – that may allow you to serve your sentence in a Canadian prison and provide you with the documents to apply for a transfer if you are eligible
Canadian officials abroad cannot:
  • get you out of jail
  • post bail, pay lawyers’ fees, or pay fines
  • try to obtain preferential treatment for you or exempt you from the due process of local law
  • provide legal advice, interpret local laws and interfere in legal matters, criminal defence cases or judicial affairs in another country
  • recommend lawyers or guarantee their reliability or competence in the matter at hand
  • become involved in matters between you and your lawyer
  • investigate a crime or death or intervene in a local police investigation
  • forward or deliver parcels entering or leaving the country, or clear them through customs
  • bypass prison rules on what can and cannot be brought into or taken out of the detention facility
  • make travel or accommodation arrangements for your family or friends
The Government of Canada cannot intervene in ongoing legal proceedings in other countries or regions unless it is requested to do so by local authorities. These requests are rare. The procedures required in legal proceedings or police investigations may be different from the procedures in the Canadian legal system. If you are involved in these proceedings, you may face long delays in the effort to resolve your case.

If your international human rights are known to have been violated, the Government of Canada may take steps to pressure the foreign authorities to abide by their international human rights obligations and provide basic minimum standards of protection.

Last edited:
I checked, the nearest open Canadian embassy is Guatemala City.
Here’s the government website link of what their embassy will do [edited to make important correction; “can do”, not, “will do”] for its citizens, I doubt she needs any of these services as she’s being covered by the richest, most influential family in all of Belize.
Honestly, I think it would be pretty ballsy to ask Canadian taxpayers to pitch in to help with the limited services offered by their embassy when she already has the best lawyer in the country working for her.

Arrest and detention - Travel.gc.ca
If a Canadian citizen is arrested and detained abroad, Canadian officials abroad can:
  • ask the appropriate authorities for immediate and regular access to you
  • at your request, notify your family or friends of the situation and let them know how they can help
  • help you communicate with a representative, family or friends if direct communication is not possible or the need is urgent
  • contact your relatives or friends on your behalf to request funds
  • recommend that you hire a lawyer and approach family, friends or a local legal aid society if you can’t afford to pay
  • provide an up-to-date and accurate list of local lawyers and legal translation service providers
  • provide you and your family with general information on the local legal and prison system and approximate times for court actions
  • obtain information about the status of your case and encourage authorities to process it without undue delay
  • advocate for your fair and equal treatment under local laws
  • advocate to ensure that your health and well-being are protected, including basic nutrition, medical and dental care
  • transmit concerns through official channels about any treatment that could affect your health and well-being to local officials and prison representatives
  • arrange for the purchase, at your expense, and if permitted, of necessary food supplements, essential clothing and other basic items not available through the prison system
  • deliver letters and permitted reading material if normal postal services are unavailable
  • undertake clemency intervention if you are charged or convicted of a crime punishable by death
  • inform you of transfer of offender options – either by treaty or by administrative arrangement with the country where you are imprisoned – that may allow you to serve your sentence in a Canadian prison and provide you with the documents to apply for a transfer if you are eligible
Canadian officials abroad cannot:
  • get you out of jail
  • post bail, pay lawyers’ fees, or pay fines
  • try to obtain preferential treatment for you or exempt you from the due process of local law
  • provide legal advice, interpret local laws and interfere in legal matters, criminal defence cases or judicial affairs in another country
  • recommend lawyers or guarantee their reliability or competence in the matter at hand
  • become involved in matters between you and your lawyer
  • investigate a crime or death or intervene in a local police investigation
  • forward or deliver parcels entering or leaving the country, or clear them through customs
  • bypass prison rules on what can and cannot be brought into or taken out of the detention facility
  • make travel or accommodation arrangements for your family or friends
The Government of Canada cannot intervene in ongoing legal proceedings in other countries or regions unless it is requested to do so by local authorities. These requests are rare. The procedures required in legal proceedings or police investigations may be different from the procedures in the Canadian legal system. If you are involved in these proceedings, you may face long delays in the effort to resolve your case.

If your international human rights are known to have been violated, the Government of Canada may take steps to pressure the foreign authorities to abide by their international human rights obligations and provide basic minimum standards of protection.

My best as advice?
Stay away from crime no matter where you are at the moment. Here, or overseas.
Don’t litter. You’ll be whipped in Indonesia. Don’t do drugs. You could be executed. Don't stay out late. You could get robbed. Don’t go into dangerous areas. You could get killed. Respect the law and its authorities. Common sense.

Last edited:
Could she have been born in Canada but took American citizenship? Seems the press are confused in their reporting .

I'm wondering whether she was married previously. It seems that she was born in Canada, but is also referred to as from the USA. Does she have dual citizenship through her parents, or a former spouse?

Reading these common law wife laws and comparing to what has been said about her lifestyle, she may only be a girlfriend, or ‘partner”...but not have the legal protection of being a common law wife.

Chapter 91, Laws of Belize which states:
“common law union or union means the relationship that is established when a man and a woman who are not legally married to each other and to any other person cohabit together...continuously... as husband and wife for a period of at least five years.”

Lord Ashford and son may have been very careful and given her her own living quarters and a job...but without cohabitation...if the son had his own place...they protect their assets. The children do belong to the mother in these situations, but nothing else...if they lived separately.

And if they wash their hands of her and she’s convicted, I imagine the Ashfords get the children.

The descriptions of her partying to dawn with locals...and even the meeting that led to this tragedy, lead me to believe that her children’s father was not home alone in a shared space, watching the clock.

Reading these common law wife laws and comparing to what has been said about her lifestyle, she may only be a girlfriend, or ‘partner”...but not have the legal protection of being a common law wife.

Chapter 91, Laws of Belize which states:
“common law union or union means the relationship that is established when a man and a woman who are not legally married to each other and to any other person cohabit together...continuously... as husband and wife for a period of at least five years.”

Lord Ashford and son may have been very careful and given her her own living quarters and a job...but without cohabitation...if the son had his own place...they protect their assets. The children do belong to the mother in these situations, but nothing else...if they lived separately.

And if they wash their hands of her and she’s convicted, I imagine the Ashfords get the children.

The descriptions of her partying to dawn with locals...and even the meeting that led to this tragedy, lead me to believe that her children’s father was not home alone in a shared space, watching the clock.

Lord Ashford did not get to his place in this world by being stupid. I’m sure he has everything in motion to protect her, his grandchildren, his son and everything else. He cannot afford to wash his hands of her. He’s got this.

I agree in part. But not about her.

What problem would it be for the him...’ to wash his hands of her?” If she goes to jail, it would squash public feeling that there was a double standard. It could increase his popularity and his stability in Belize. ‘All that money and power but they didn’t interfere...’ ‘They cared more about justice.’

A loss for her could be a win for them.

The family may be angry and embarrassed that the crime showed her to be drinking, maybe drugging with a local man...not the Princess of the palace. Maybe the son has considered their relationship to be very casual. Maybe he’s not that crazy about her. Maybe he’s jealous and unforgiving.

If they have had separate residences, they aren’t ‘common law’ despite the children. If she goes to jail, they also get to keep the kids. They probably already have nannies. If Mom is in bars till 6AM...billionaire boyfriend is not home, babysitting.

Their money is safe if she’s out of the fold.

So from her point of view, an awful lot may depend on just how much the Ashford son loves and cares about her. Maybe she’s the love of his life. Maybe he will move Heaven and earth to help her.

Maybe not.

Last edited:
How do you massage some0ne and practice loading a gun at the same time?

I don't think it suggests she was doing both at the exact same time. Here's the quote from that link

Jasmine explained that her friend then complained of a sore shoulder. Fisherman Panny told the MoS: 'He was reeling in fish when we were together, so I'm not surprised he had a sore shoulder.'

Supt Jemmott asked her for a massage, prompting Jasmine to joke about him being spoiled. But she relented, and moved behind him to rub his shoulder.

After a while, Supt Jemmott suggested they return to the Grand Colony and asked Jasmine to hand him the magazine so he could reload the gun.
Socialite Jasmine Hartin's dramatic account of what really happened on the moonlit pier in Belize | Daily Mail Online

Latest: Socialite Jasmine Hartin's dramatic account of what really happened on the moonlit pier in Belize | Daily Mail Online

'He told me to practise loading his gun. Suddenly it went off. I had no idea there was still a bullet in the chamber': Socialite Jasmine Hartin's dramatic account of what really happened on the moonlit pier in Belize
I was waiting for the PR blitz and here it is. Not buying any of this, the more drunk they portray Henry, the less likely the sequence of events stated happened. It was murder IMO.

I just cannot see her knowingly murdering him, knowing what the outcome would be.
Whatever happened it seems like the outcome will be a fine of c. $20k.

I don't see how you can accidentally shoot someone behind the ear and have them fall on top of you. Even if that happened, it would have been easier to extricate herself without pushing Henry into the water when you look at the pier pics and the blood trail.

Whatever happened it seems like the outcome will be a fine of c. $20k.

I don't see how you can accidentally shoot someone behind the ear and have them fall on top of you. Even if that happened, it would have been easier to extricate herself without pushing Henry into the water when you look at the pier pics and the blood trail.
Do you have a link for that?BBM.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichelleleighD70
Back