Spain Benjamin Ross, 26, A UK National, Majorca, 10 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Not sure of the revelance to this case either. Perhaps just reference to dangers of travel?

But her attempts to fly out to Majorca to start searching for her son have been hindered by her missing passport – and the high cost of flights to Spain during the summer high season.

Friend Carla Speight told Express.co.uk: "Felix will put every penny she has into finding her son, we know with the astronomical costs she won’t be eating and drinking properly. Right now she hasn’t even considered accommodation.

"As a single parent myself, I know I wouldn’t be eating or drinking and instead put that money into printing posters to hand out or put fuel in a hire car to drive round to the historical spots he might be at."

Tickets from the nearest airport to Ben's home in Wigan, to Palma are currently on sale for an average of £200.

"We just want to make sure our friend has a safe space to sleep and enough to get a hire car to find her son. In situations like this, no one has a backup plan for when a family member goes travelling

A Greater Manchester Police spokesperson told the Manchester Evening News: “On Saturday 13 July 2024 we received a report that a 26-year-old man from Wigan had travelled to Spain and stopped contact with his friends and family.

“We informed them that they should contact the British Consulate who would be able to assist them in the search for their loved one abroad.

“Yesterday (Wednesday 17 July 2024), we assisted the family with submitting report to Interpol to allow the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office to act on their behalf in Spain.”

I really hope the Home Office does give this mother a passport, she apparently doesn't have a current one and is desperate to get out to Palma and search for her son. The Home Office can issue one on compassionate grounds to help her.

Rooting for him to be located safe very soon.

Does anyone understand what happened on July 10 after he tried to break into his flat and his roommates called police? Was he there when police arrived? How well did he know the roommates?

Rooting for him to be located safe very soon.

Does anyone understand what happened on July 10 after he tried to break into his flat and his roommates called police? Was he there when police arrived? How well did he know the roommates?
I gather he was there and the police opted not to press charges as he said he would pay for the damage to the door that he'd caused. From what I've read, it seems the flatmates then told him to leave and he did. That meant he had no phone, no money, both having apparently been stolen earlier when he was on the beach, and now no place to stay. Poor lad was probably in a bit of a panic. I don't really understand why the flatmates would have been so awful.

I can't imagine asking a roommate to go sleep in the streets. I'd let him in to sleep in his room, maybe insist he call someone to fix the door in the morning. Unless there was a reason they didn't feel safe letting him back in, which we don't know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aholloway14744
Back