Berkeley protest of Milo Yiannopoulos turns violent, event cancelled - live video

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be proud to protest him too. but I am not violent nor do I destroy property. not all of these protesters did so.

Protesting him is fine. But should he not be allowed to say what he wants to say?

yes, but protesters also have the right to shout over him, unless he only speaks to a paid audience... and who is to say if the tickets are publicly sold ppl wouldn't protest inside? however im sure he has security and can have them removed for interrupting.

everyone can say what they want to say.

Protesting him is fine. But should he not be allowed to say what he wants to say?

This article is scary to me. He is living a life that seems to denigrate everyone but himself. No dialogue or middle ground can be had with people who want to stir the pot and sit back to figure out what drama they will start next. I am concerned about what will happen with our country if people like him (I see him as narcissistic) hold social media and real life positions of power. How he uses people makes me want to throw up. But, hey, thanks for the article.

yes, but protesters also have the right to shout over him, unless he only speaks to a paid audience... and who is to say if the tickets are publicly sold ppl wouldn't protest inside? however im sure he has security and can have them removed for interrupting.

everyone can say what they want to say.

Why should people shout over a speaker? Are they afraid of what is being said? Why cant people have free speech to say what they want?

Protesters have taken it to a dangerous and violent place these days. There is no excuse for their behavior that night.

This country has bigger problems then milo. jmo

Thread is open again.

This thread is to discuss the protest at Berkley. It is not here to discuss any and all socio-political concerns, the Viet Nam war, the current or former POTUS, race, right vs left, etc. Also, links to political blogs are not allowed.

Approx 50% of the thread has been unapproved. Stick to discussing this case and THIS CASE only.

:bump:
For those that missed this.

there is not an excuse for the violence or property damage, but they are free to say what they want.

Why should people shout over a speaker? Are they afraid of what is being said? Why cant people have free speech to say what they want?

Protesters have taken it to a dangerous and violent place these days. There is no excuse for their behavior that night.

He's alt right that isn't the same as far right, just as anarchists aren't same as left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is not alt-right, a white nationalist, white supremacist etc etc etc. Outlets that are calling him that are getting lawsuits filed against them and they are now making retractions. USA Today and Time are two that come to mind off the top of my head.

I don't believe him.

He is not alt-right, a white nationalist, white supremacist etc etc etc. Outlets that are calling him that are getting lawsuits filed against them and they are now making retractions. USA Today and Time are two that come to mind off the top of my head.

Thread closed. Sorry, all the babysitters are booked tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx