Big Boy Toys

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Timex said:
I would say no. Trust me, there are things I dont post on these boards, not even in the private forums, even though I have been here for years. A few here know the details, but I wouldnt share them publically where just anyone could read them. Even though my friends here know what's going on, they wouldnt post about it on the boards.
That's true, the members of Raven's vehicross board may very well know about Janet's murder and are just not posting about it. They may have an email list or are communicating about the murder through pm's. I am on another board where everyone does know what's going on, but we often send messages through the email list to keep some things a little more private.

JerseyGirl said:
Also, does anyone know if he ever actually attended any of these VX events? It seems that I've seen a lot of posts saying "Oh yeah, count me in for sure!!!", only to be followed by something like "Looks like you guys are on your own. Wife won't let me come", and other such reasons. Is he just a talker on this board or has he actually shown up to participate in person?

01/23/2005, 05:19 AM

NC VX sorry to hear that. Your VX is awesome, I was fortunate to see it at one of the MD meets.

NC_VX
01/25/2005, 05:37 PM

I appreciate the props . That was my one and only event so far and I loved it... I won't be off the VX train for long if I do sell. Right now I continue to job hunt hard and hope to make it through this!

Ive probably missed it somewhere, but does anyone know what color the Ducati is?

red...........

NC_VX
09/05/2003, 10:56 PM

2003 Specialized P.3
2003 Specialized Rockhopper (Wife)
2001 K2 Snowboards
2002 Ducati 748 Red
Piece of **** 92 Jeep Wrangler w/ 35's and Red... Hate it
Bauer Street Rollerblades

Dart Board

..........( odd that under the thread "what else do you own ?"..he lists a dart board ? )

newkid said:
That's true, the members of Raven's vehicross board may very well know about Janet's murder and are just not posting about it. They may have an email list or are communicating about the murder through pm's. I am on another board where everyone does know what's going on, but we often send messages through the email list to keep some things a little more private.
.....there is a 'chit-chat' area on the vehi-cross forum........lots of birthday wishes........and yes, notice of a member who passed away...along with funeral info etc...( nothing re: janet..)

lauriej said:
.....there is a 'chit-chat' area on the vehi-cross forum........lots of birthday wishes........and yes, notice of a member who passed away...along with funeral info etc...( nothing re: janet..)

Yep, and there are tons of death announcements, prayer requests etc here at Websleuths...doesnt mean we would all chose to post about such things. Does my not posting about my personal things mean Im guilty of something? Or does it simply mean there are somethings I dont want to share, even after being here for years? Not posting it on the forums doesnt mean it isnt being discussed.

...i was only mentioning that the VX'ers don't just talk guy talk ALL of the time over there..........not that i was expecting to see anything listed about janet....

..in fact i would think that his 'good 'friends over there heard the news through normal private channels...phone call etc ...

...personally i wouldn't post a death notice on a public message board either...

I agree, and although most of us enjoy disecting these case, I know personally I would be sooo upset if it were my family being disected in such a manner. If there was ever a reason for my family to be in the news, I would remove every website I owned and try to get rid of as many posts on other boards that I could, just so folks couldnt try to analyze every tidbit of my life, but thats just me.

lauriej said:
01/23/2005, 05:19 AM

NC VX sorry to hear that. Your VX is awesome, I was fortunate to see it at one of the MD meets.

NC_VX
01/25/2005, 05:37 PM

I appreciate the props . That was my one and only event so far and I loved it... I won't be off the VX train for long if I do sell. Right now I continue to job hunt hard and hope to make it through this!
Great post ... thanks for finding that! So as of January this year, he had only attended one. And it sounds like he's very concerned about the possibility of losing the VX. Not only would he lose the vehicle but also the relationships, the events, the status, etc. If he was as tied up in that board as it seems, he might have perceived the potential loss of the VX as more of a loss of lifestyle or as no longer being a part of this "team".

lauriej said:
..........( odd that under the thread "what else do you own ?"..he lists a dart board ? )
And roller blades and snowboards. :waitasec: I would think that they were interested more in vehicles.

JerseyGirl said:
And roller blades and snowboards. :waitasec: I would think that they were interested more in vehicles.

Extreem sports

Timex said:
Yep, and there are tons of death announcements, prayer requests etc here at Websleuths...doesnt mean we would all chose to post about such things. Does my not posting about my personal things mean Im guilty of something? Or does it simply mean there are somethings I dont want to share, even after being here for years? Not posting it on the forums doesnt mean it isnt being discussed.
I agree. And posting a natural death and funeral is a bit different than posting about the murder of a member's wife, IMO. I still wonder though if they even know about it. If they only know Raven through that board, he might not have been back on there since the murder. I'm sure that they wouldn't have seen it on the news unless they happened to catch the couple minute segment on Greta the one time it was aired nationally.

JerseyGirl said:
I agree. And posting a natural death and funeral is a bit different than posting about the murder of a member's wife, IMO. I still wonder though if they even know about it. If they only know Raven through that board, he might not have been back on there since the murder. I'm sure that they wouldn't have seen it on the news unless they happened to catch the couple minute segment on Greta the one time it was aired nationally.

True, and would they even pay much attention to him not being there? People come and people go online. Happens here on WS all the time. Someone will be posting for months, then just walk away. Most times we dont even notice...or if we do, we just assume they have other things to do.
In Ravens case, if he stopped posting on the VX board, and I was a member there, my assumption would be he lost his VX.

Timex said:
True, and would they even pay much attention to him not being there? People come and people go online. Happens here on WS all the time. Someone will be posting for months, then just walk away. Most times we dont even notice...or if we do, we just assume they have other things to do.
Exactly. On sites like these, we're usually not as unforgettable as we like to think we are. :)

Right, and I dont even see Raven as a serious poster. All things considered, he really didnt post that much.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur
Back