MISTRIAL Bill Cosby -- Charged W/Aggravated Sexual Assault/Other Rape Allegations #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ole Cosby made his 71 year old wife another victim. Jmo. Now Camille told Cosby early on that if he does cheat for whatever reason. Then she doesn't want to hear about it. But now at the age of 71. She is forced to testify in criminal and civil suits about whatever. Now of course I blame hubby. But I also blame the legal system for forcing a 70 year old wife to testify in anything that she never agreed to. Jmo. At a certain age. Most people are vulnerable in thinking due to many possibilities. So if she has shown any signs of dementia. Then her testimony shouldn't count. Jmo. Btw. They could have made Camille testify decades ago. So why wait until she is 70 years old. Now I do blame hubby. But I truly think that they should stop putting the old wife on the stand unless she was a co conspirator. Jmo

CC is not being "put on the stand" when she is deposed. Spousal privilege in Massachusetts applies to criminal trials, not the investigative procedure being pursued by AIG Property Casualty. CC may choose to invoke the First Amendment if she is in danger of facing any criminal charges. While CC may not have to testify regarding her husband's behaviour, AIG may be able to use information gained from her deposition as part of its case against having to cover particular costs arising from BC's sexual actions with JD. This is all about the money AIG does not want to be in any danger of paying out. IMO, AIG wants BC to be forced to pay JD himself, should the need arise.

I find it troubling that you seem to think CC is past her best buy date for memory and honesty because she has celebrated her 70th birthday. Does CC's long and intimate relationship with BC and all his various agents, directors, and other associates now count for nothing in your opinion just because the first number in her age is now "7" and not "6"?

Does her long-held position as BC's business manager (http://www.thewrap.com/why-bill-cosbys-wife-camille-was-ordered-to-testify-against-him/) no longer have validity because she is now in her seventh decade of life? Are you making the "it's all in the past so it doesn't matter now" argument, or just a "she's old and shouldn't be embarrassed by discussions of her husband's exploits" argument? And, as regards to your phrase "the old wife", does BC have a new one?

Dementia is not necessarily a part of every person's life once they reach "a certain age". Forgetfulness is a normal, if annoying, part of life for people at any age--for instance, I think many people have claimed to be unable to remember certain details because sleep deprivation and constant interruptions have given them "baby brain". IMO, a lot of people have personal calendars or agendas, diaries or journals for just that reason--as a reminder of coming appointments, past incidents, potential conflicts of engagements, and so on. It's one way of establishing some order in a person's life and a way of confirming when certain events happened, should the need arise to establish a firm date.

Dementia is something else again. For anyone who worries that they may have Alzheimer's because they have forgotten something, the Alzheimer's Association has a helpful list of 10 Early Signs and Symptoms of Alzheimer's online which provides a contrast between something which is a normal part of aging, and something which could be indicative of Alzehimer's or another form of dementia. The internet, obviously, does not replace expert medical advice. (http://www.alz.org/alzheimers_disease_10_signs_of_alzheimers.asp)

Bill Cosby wins one round after judge dismisses defamation lawsuit filed by a woman who accused him of sexually abusing her aged 16

Renita Hill, 48, sued Cosby in October accusing him of making her out to be a 'liar and extortionist' by denying that he had abused her in the 1980s

A federal judge sided with Cosby's attorneys that the statements were opinions protected by the First Amendment

Hill's lawsuit was thrown out with prejudice, meaning she cannot try to amend and re-file it

Her attorney promised to appeal the ruling saying he strongly disagreed with the judge's reasoning

Cosby was charged last month with aggravated indecent assault for allegedly drugging and taking advantage of Andrea Constand in 2004

More than 50 women have come forward accusing the married 78-year-old coming of sexual abuse

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sylvania-womans-defamation-suit-vs-Cosby.html

Cosby's private art exhibition at the Smithsonian is CLOSED amid rape scandal

Smithsonian leaders debated whether to shut down the exhibit amid allegations that Cosby sexually assaulted dozens of women

They kept the exhibit until its scheduled closing and posted a disclaimer

Museum director Johnnetta Cole is a friend of Cosby and his wife

She said she kept the exhibit because it's about the art, not Cosby

Museum acknowledges it should have been more upfront about funding for the exhibit

A $716,000 gift from the Cosbys covered nearly the entire cost

Bill Cosby's wife, Camille Cosby, also sits on the museum's board

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-art-led-ethical-questions.html#ixzz3yAT4597M

OMG, it's going to be another MJ or OJ. I am literally physically sick. :(

It will be interesting to see whether Castor had the "authority" to grant Cosby "immunity". But then apparently Castor added at the time “cautions all parties to this matter that he will reconsider this decision should the need arise.”

Will it come down to semantics?

It seems as though Castor verbally gave Cosby some form of immunity in order to have Cosby answer the questions and yet it seems the answers Cosby gave form the basis of the criminal charge.

This is a precedent-setting situation. I guess we will have to wait and see...sigh...

(Freakin perv)

Caught on tape: 'Tell your mom about the orgasm, tell your mom you were awake' - Bill Cosby describes sex act with woman whose complaint led to criminal charges

Cosby said he was basketball staffer Andrea Constand's friend, mentor and occasional partner in sex 'play'

Constand's lawyers have pointed out that she is gay and was dating a woman at the time Cosby allegedly assaulted her

He said she consented to sex at his suburban Philidelphia mansion in 2004

In a taped phone call with Constand and her distraught mother a year later, Cosby confirmed that he gave her pills and described the sex act

'Tell your mother you were awake. Tell your mother about the orgasm. Tell your mother how we talked,' Cosby begged on the phone call

Cosby was charged with sexual assault in December and the trial is due to begin on Tuesday

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...laint-led-criminal-charges.html#ixzz3ysYZSci9

Hopefully this case won't be dismissed, but it could still be crippled if the deposition testimony is not allowed, and/or DA Steele is disqualified from handling the case. I wonder how quickly the Judge will make a decision after Tuesday's hearing. Will it be the same day, or will it take weeks?

I heard today on the news that the judge should make his ruling tomorrow. Not sure what channel it was reported on though.

“The behavior detailed within (police interviews) was inconsistent with a person who had been sexually assaulted," Castor testified. "Her actions, on her own, including going to a lawyer before going to police, had created a credibility issue for her that could never be improved upon.”

Still, he was firm: He supports the prosecution team against Cosby.

“Let’s be clear," Castor said to Cosby's attorney. “I’m not on your team here. I want (prosecutors) to win” at the hearing.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...l-cosby-goes-court-criminal-charges/79686840/
The hearing concluded after 5 p.m. and about seven hours. It will continue on Wednesday and the judge said he expects to make a decision then.

By 4 p.m., everyone in court appeared fatigued. Cosby, 78 and seemingly frail, appeared to be falling asleep in his seat, while Castor, 54, looked increasingly tired on the stand.

At least he put on a suit now.

Using a prosecutor, even a former prosecutor, as a defence witness seems like a very bad idea to me. He or she, IMO, will always side with fellow prosecutors and questions may open up a lot of side issues that have been hidden for a very long time.

Using a prosecutor, even a former prosecutor, as a defence witness seems like a very bad idea to me. He or she, IMO, will always side with fellow prosecutors and questions may open up a lot of side issues that have been hidden for a very long time.

I hope Cosby's team continues to have bad ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d2xresearcher