MISTRIAL Bill Cosby -- Charged W/Aggravated Sexual Assault/Other Rape Allegations #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO if you want the courts to be bound by a deal you made it's a very risky proposition to rely on "secret agreements" with prosecutors who won't be in office forever.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...undone-by-a-secret-agreement-with-bill-cosby/
But why hadn’t an immunity agreement been filed with the court? Castor said Cosby was worried about how that would look.

Apparently Cosby was advised that filing it with the court was an available option and declined to protect his reputation.

JMO if you want the courts to be bound by a deal you made it's a very risky proposition to rely on "secret agreements" with prosecutors who won't be in office forever.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...undone-by-a-secret-agreement-with-bill-cosby/

Apparently Cosby was advised that filing it with the court was an available option and declined to protect his reputation.

Okay. I'm busted. Lol.

I don't know any lawyer that wouldn't have gotten him to sign that. I know Camille would have made him sign it if she knew.

I wonder why he didn't sign the immunity deal but signed off on the settlement.

Very odd.

In hindsight it was totes stupid but I think he's long had an invulnerability illusion. He's gotten away with so much for so long that I bet he thought that once again he could make everything go away flinging some money and/or his social status around, just like he always had.

There's a big difference between difficult to crush or impossible to crush when it comes to pills. I'm unsure your point? When that man needed to crush them up to be able to rape a woman he was hell bent on raping, I'm sure he found a way.

This is not an "if he did it" situation this is a "how many women" sort of deal. This has nothing to do with the quality of reporting or journalistic integrity. This man is an irrefutable serial rapist who apparently wants the body warm and with a pulse but it's not a stretch to realize he could easily cross a fine line into what would be considered necrophelia. MOO.

He's a dangerous man- even approaching 80 and we are now privvy to the attitude of his sidekick, enabler.

CC is almost as despicable as her serial rapist husband.

I am so glad this case is moving forward. Sorrow for all of his many victims- who knows how many we'll never hear about because they went off the deep end or committed suicide. Nina Simone comes to mind.
Well in this case the accuser has admitted to knowingly taking the pills so it's a moot point. Nothing is impossible to crush, however things are very difficult to crush up into a fine powder: remember Quaaludes and cocaine were simultaneously popular in the club world and folks weren't doing lines of Ludes because you couldn't get them into that same fine powder as cocaine.

I agree with almost everything you wrote but my question for you is:
Do you believe in the US criminal justice system as the authority to reveal facts and evidence or do you prefer the current modern day lynching via Internet to serve justice?

Again, I'm in no way supporting/defending Cosby; rather [Not specific to Cosby] more and more we're seeing people make allegations about various people via social media and using that as their "justice system" but never making a police report. Very reminiscent of angry mob with pitchforks and a serious regression of societal progress...

If the preliminary hearing was any indication, Cosby's defense team is itching to tear Andrea Constand apart on the stand. They have a lot of material to work with. Andrea did seemingly suspect things after the alleged assault, such as taking her family to a Cosby show, then giving him a gift. Psychologists say this sort of bizarre behavior is not uncommon with sexual assault victims. It's part of their trauma. However, this can make things difficult for the prosecution. Hopefully Steele will have unshakeable experts testifying.

Here's a detailed article: http://www.vox.com/2016/5/25/11764448/bill-cosby-trial-rape-sexual-assault-defense-strategy

In hindsight it was totes stupid but I think he's long had an invulnerability illusion. He's gotten away with so much for so long that I bet he thought that once again he could make everything go away flinging some money and/or his social status around, just like he always had.

Yes, Cosby was very comfortable living inside his enormous ego. When the avalanche of accusations started in 2014, I guess he felt the mess would evaporate in a couple months, then business as usual. I remember his dreadfully long silences when a NPR reporter asked him about the allegations. Stonewall Cosby came off as a spoiled brat.

I wonder if they'd have helped him to hide a body.

Hugh Hefner has demanded dismissal of the lawsuit accusing him of conspiring with Cosby.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/hugh-hefner-demands-dismissal-lawsuit-902277

On Friday, Hefner reacted to the lawsuit by demanding dismissal, arguing in court papers that the allegation "smacks of a desperate ploy to garner publicity and wrangle an unwarranted settlement."
According to the 90-year-old Playboy founder's lawyers, the "vague and conclusory allegation" that Hefner should have known about Cosby or that the alleged assault was foreseeable must be rejected because Goins "fails to offer even the lightest dusting of operative facts" in support.

http://www.wmur.com/news/windham-woman-withdraws-defamation-suit-against-bill-cosby/40231504[h=1]Windham woman explains why she withdrew lawsuit against Bill Cosby[/h][h=2]Says she was never after his money[/h]"It was never about the money. It was about putting my money where my mouth was and getting it corroborated. It was about getting my reputation and my name back," she said.
She said after people backed up her story in court, she was satisfied, "I don't want to drag women who don't want to come forward. I don't want to subpoena people in their 70s and 80s into court and into the glare of publicity."

This apparently happened in 2000:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rns-sex-assault-case-trial.html#ixzz49VaaZjmd

Meanwhile in other news, Camille Cosby continues to have no opinion on whether her husband is a philandering freak.

Of course, CC must know the truth, but why stay? Finances, emotional dependency, embarrassment, insecurity - possible reasons. She's 72. Who divorces at that age? When this is over and BC loses $$$ and is possibly jailed, what will she do then?

She can always write a book... "My live with a misunderstood genius"

While they're still married, she can't be forced to testify against him necessarily, AND the reverse holds true as well. He can't testify against her as to when she knew what and how she came to know it. It could be that this is of more mutual benefit than we know.

Red-White-and-Blue-Cupcakes-US-Flag.jpg

He'd have to admit that he did something wrong before he could testify that Camille knew about it.

Jul 7 2016, 1:11 pm ET

Judge Orders Bill Cosby Sex Assault Trial to Proceed

by Hannah Rappleye and Tracy Connor

A Pennsylvania judge ruled Thursday that the sex-assault case against Bill Cosby should go to trial, dismissing objections from defense lawyers who wanted to grill his accuser at a preliminary hearing.

The actor's legal team argued they should have been allowed to cross-examine Andrea Constand during the hearing earlier this year to determine if there was enough evidence for the case to proceed. Instead, detectives read a decade-old statement from Constand into the record at the hearing.

After the judge shot down their bid for a new hearing, defense attorneys issued an angry statement.

"Today a man who has meant so much to so many; a man who has given so much to so many; has had his constitutional rights trampled on," they wrote. "We truly believe that our Supreme Court will right this wrong and reverse this decision so that we can finish the mission of proving Mr. Cosby's innocence." ...

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/bill-cosby-scandal/bill-cosby-back-court-sex-case-hearing-n605231

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesaccasey