Bill Cosby charged w/aggravated Sexual Assault/other Rape Allegations *conviction vacated* *civil trial 2022 guilty* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bill Cosby's conviction was hailed as a #MeToo victory. But advocates say more needs to be done.
"You cannot make a generalization about the entire country’s ability to deal with sexual violence based on one criminal case,” an advocate said.

Bill Cosby’s conviction on sexual assault charges last week was hailed as a victory for victims. But how much has actually changed for those who come forward with such accusations?

Along with the rapid rise of the #MeToo movement, the Cosby case has amplified accusers’ voices, and legal experts expect that that will encourage more victims to speak up and more law enforcement officers to take their complaints seriously. The case has also already shifted the legal landscape, with dozens of states extending or eliminating statute of limitation laws to give accusers more time to go to the police...

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/b...as-hailed-metoo-victory-advocates-say-n870796

No one will ever convince me that Camille didn't have a clue about what her husband was up to.
MOO

The Academy of Picture Arts has expelled Bill Cosby and Roman Polanski today.

My first thought on reading this statement from Camille was that Bill wrote it and she issued it in her own name. But who knows.
JMO

I feel that Camille's "statement" was written by Cosby's publicist, Andy Wyatt. Those crazy comparisons to Emmett Till, lynchings and mobs has his style all over it, just as he made the statements right after the trial. Cosby is using his wife as a prop, as he always has. Camille is such a pitiful character in all this.

He did earn a doctorate in education at UMass at Amherst, but even that is not without controversy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...rt-as-a-teaching-tool/?utm_term=.7ebc8424bfe4

If you are a doofus, and I don't think you are, so am I. Your post got me to googling both Camille and Bill Cosby.

Its a bit convoluted, so hang on.......Bill got his high school equivalency papers but was busy working as a comedian. He started a doctorate at UMass by writing a partial requirement for his PhD, so Temple U gave him a BA for his 'life experiences'. hmmm No mention of a Masters.....and a backwards way of working towards a PhD. It didn't say if he completed it or not.
Those were followed by many honorary degrees due to his successes over the decades and many have been rescinded.

Camille Cosby, on the other hand, does have a PhD that she got in the 1970s. I remember her returning to school and completing both a Masters and PhD (in education I think).

Apparently, she left college in senior year to marry Bill, had five children and then realized that she needed to return to her education. She has been Bills manager and is known as a tough business woman.

Just some information......about two very well educated people who IMO are morally bankrupt.

I've been reading about this too. The degree Cosby "got" was an EdD, not the more prestigious PhD. Sam Simon, co-creator of The Simpsons, worked on the Fat Albert cartoon series at the time, and stated that Cosby had two of the show's writers do his thesis for him. Of course, the thesis was about using Fat Albert as a teaching tool lol. I think Cosby was more in pursuit of a PR folly than an actual education.

I've been reading about this too. The degree Cosby "got" was an EdD, not the more prestigious PhD. Sam Simon, co-creator of The Simpsons, worked on the Fat Albert cartoon series at the time, and stated that Cosby had two of the show's writers do his thesis for him. Of course, the thesis was about using Fat Albert as a teaching tool lol. I think Cosby was more in pursuit of a PR folly than an actual education.

Or, it was one of his best jokes ever. If others wrote the thesis, thats a disgrace to be heaped onto all of them.

I had read (somewhere) that Camille had provided the drugs for Bill and was quite often at a meal or whatever with him and a young woman, would excuse herself and go upstairs leaving them alone, knowing exactly what was to occur. That would make her an accessory. I guess she has had a 'nice, wealthy life' by looking the other way for decades. SMH

What the heck is Camille thinking? Surely, as an educated woman, she knows all that has happened, yet she doesn't seem to be worried about her own financial future. Does BC have $ tucked away somewhere that Camille can afford to stay with BC?

Or, it was one of his best jokes ever. If others wrote the thesis, thats a disgrace to be heaped onto all of them.

I had read (somewhere) that Camille had provided the drugs for Bill and was quite often at a meal or whatever with him and a young woman, would excuse herself and go upstairs leaving them alone, knowing exactly what was to occur. That would make her an accessory. I guess she has had a 'nice, wealthy life' by looking the other way for decades. SMH

I also read somewhere that Bill Cosby flunked his sophomore year in high school three times.

ETA: Found the article. Here it is:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...rt-as-a-teaching-tool/?utm_term=.bd820676c6b3

What the heck is Camille thinking? Surely, as an educated woman, she knows all that has happened, yet she doesn't seem to be worried about her own financial future. Does BC have $ tucked away somewhere that Camille can afford to stay with BC?

There has been enough time for them to hide monies for the future.....will anyone go after such money?

Six days ago, BCs net worth was estimated at $400M USD

Yes, they can now be sued but Im sure theres enough squirrelled away for these rainy days.

As recently as 2014 BC had a gig at the Embassy Theatre in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Back in the early 1990's we were at the hotel across the street from that theatre and our ears were filled with the staff complaining about how BC had trashed the best suite in the hotel the previous evening. We were shocked to learn this. Now I wonder how many Fort Wayne women were his victims in that hotel. MOO

I don't know about her supplying the drugs, but one of his accusers testified to this very thing regarding her excusing herself and leaving them alone. I am too lazy to look it up, but she was the one who was married to Lou Ferrigno, I believe it was.

I don't know about her supplying the drugs, but one of his accusers testified to this very thing regarding her excusing herself and leaving them alone. I am too lazy to look it up, but she was the one who was married to Lou Ferrigno, I believe it was.

Yes, that was Carla Ferrigno. She was able to flee the scene. It's the only account I've read that puts Camille in the situation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ic-home-attacked-Camille-Cosby-left-room.html

I am a doofus. I thought he actually earned a PhD bc when he talked about it/them he didn't mention that they were given to him.

A lot of people were fooled by Cosby over the years. He misrepresented himself, and IMO, he was nothing more than an opportunistic fraud from the very start. I have big doubts about whether he ever possessed the intellectual ability to create characters, master-mind a successful television show, or write scripts. I think it is possible that someone else "created" the persona of Bill Cosby and a brain-trust created the characters, shows, scripts. etc. and that Cosby was just a good puppet.

His wife dropped out of college at age 20 to marry him. She then supposedly went on to later earn her Ph.d, after he became very successful. How do we know she wasn't also gifted her advanced degrees because she was married to Bill Cosby and this would enhance the image that was being projected?

As for his wife defending him, she knew he had cheated on her for many years and that he lived a double life. He admitted in a deposition years ago that he obtained prescription drugs (from a gynecologist, I believe) and those drugs were to drug women so he could have sex with him.

Has she really lived in a bubble and not been aware of what has been going on around her? For many years. She is now making outrageous claims now, trying to defend him. Is she a delusional victim? I don't think so, and that's JMO.

A lot of people were fooled by Cosby over the years. He misrepresented himself, and IMO, he was nothing more than an opportunistic fraud from the very start. I have big doubts about whether he ever possessed the intellectual ability to create characters, master-mind a successful television show, or write scripts. I think it is possible that someone else "created" the persona of Bill Cosby and a brain-trust created the characters, shows, scripts. etc. and that Cosby was just a good puppet.

His wife dropped out of college at age 20 to marry him. She then supposedly went on to later earn her Ph.d, after he became very successful. How do we know she wasn't also gifted her advanced degrees because she was married to Bill Cosby and this would enhance the image that was being projected?

As for his wife defending him, she knew he had cheated on her for many years and that he lived a double life. He admitted in a deposition years ago that he obtained prescription drugs (from a gynecologist, I believe) and those drugs were to drug women so he could have sex with him.

Has she really lived in a bubble and not been aware of what has been going on around her? For many years. She is now making outrageous claims now, trying to defend him. Is she a delusional victim? I don't think so, and that's JMO.

Even though he's a gifted entertainer, Cosby may have an inferiority complex about his scholastic abilities. That could explain his past compulsion to obtain honorary degree after honorary degree, and dress up in sacred scholarly robes to give profound <cough> speeches at graduation ceremonies.

Anyhow, Cosby once publicly humiliated a Notre Dame football player at his graduation. "The great" Cosby was definitely more of a narcissistic bully than scholar:

https://deadspin.com/bill-cosby-once-publicly-bullied-a-notre-dame-football-1661325778

https://deadspin.com/the-nd-player-bill-cosby-berated-felt-like-a-failure-fo-1661591222

No one will ever convince me that Camille didn't have a clue about what her husband was up to.
MOO

Just like Dottie Sandusky didn't know what Jerry was up to. Why do these women stand by their perverted men?

Even though he's a gifted entertainer, Cosby may have an inferiority complex about his scholastic abilities. That could explain his past compulsion to obtain honorary degree after honorary degree, and dress up in sacred scholarly robes to give profound <cough> speeches at graduation ceremonies.

Anyhow, Cosby once publicly humiliated a Notre Dame football player at his graduation. "The great" Cosby was definitely more of a narcissistic bully than scholar:

https://deadspin.com/bill-cosby-once-publicly-bullied-a-notre-dame-football-1661325778

https://deadspin.com/the-nd-player-bill-cosby-berated-felt-like-a-failure-fo-1661591222[/QUOT]

He certainly honed the art of publicly portraying himself as being a superior person, educationally, morally, etc. Bill Cosby is a total fraud, IMO. Anyone who knew the truth about Cosby's lack of true educational achievements, and this would include his wife, saw his mask come off when he publicly humiliated that young football player. ETA: And even those of us who didn't the truth about his phony degrees were horrified by Cosby when he humiliated the football player. That's when I took a step back and said "whoa" about Bill Cosby.

He certainly honed the art of publicly portraying himself as being a superior person, educationally, morally, etc. Bill Cosby is a total fraud, IMO. Anyone who knew the truth about Cosby's lack of true educational achievements, and this would include his wife, saw his mask come off when he publicly humiliated that young football player. ETA: And even those of us who didn't the truth about his phony degrees were horrified by Cosby when he humiliated the football player. That's when I took a step back and said "whoa" about Bill Cosby.

Back then, I wasn't even aware of the awful way he treated Dean Brown. However, in the late 90s I was listening to a jazz festival on the radio, and Cosby was being interviewed. Everyone raved about the great performance of a college big band. Lots of words of encouragement. But grumpy Cosby would have none of that. He said, in a sour voice, something like "Sure they play with precision and can stop on a dime, but they have no feeling.. no good." I thought, well la-dee-dah you pompous *advertiser censored*. That was my first bad take on him.

Bill Cosby and Roman Polanski expelled from the academy
The board of governors met this week and voted to oust the comedian and the director in accordance with the organization's "standards of conduct."

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, the organization that puts on the Oscars, has voted to expel Bill Cosby and Roman Polanski from its membership.

The academy said Thursday that its board of governors met this week and voted to oust the comedian and the director "in accordance with the organization's standards of conduct." ...

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/b...cosby-roman-polanski-expelled-academy-n871141

Just like Dottie Sandusky didn't know what Jerry was up to. Why do these women stand by their perverted men?

Because, in part, they have invested too much in their husbands' image & success, and too little in their own. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NurseInvestigator
Back