Bill Cosby charged w/aggravated Sexual Assault/other Rape Allegations *conviction vacated* *civil trial 2022 guilty* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've been out for a while and heard the news in the car. Great news!

He is appealing. It could be months before he is sentenced, if ever.

I heard the news as I was driving + thought I was dreaming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There will be an appeal - no jail time until that's done - as long from now as the attorneys can do.

Really?? No way! I do believe he will be formally sentenced and THEN he can appeal - NO?? :dunno:

Really?? No way! I do believe he will be formally sentenced and THEN he can appeal - NO?? :dunno:

Correct. If he stays out during appeals is still to be determined. That will be decided after sentencing.

Not much of a punishment if he gets to go home.
CBC News says he's under house arrest for up to three months. SMH

Much discussion on live TV of how he walked out compared to before the verdict...

Hard to miss the difference.

Just got in....yes! Now we can expect he will never see prison...but at least he was convicted. I wish he would see some jail time but only time will tell. Thank you all for keeping everyone updated.

I heard the news as I was driving + thought I was dreaming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me, too :) I heard a teaser on WWJ (CBS radio, Detroit) and wasn't sure if I heard it correctly - that Cosby had been found GUILTY! It seemed like an eternity before the CBS Special Report.

LOL.....I guess channel 10 outta philly is going to follow him all the way home

http://deadline.com/2018/04/bill-cosby-guilty-in-sexual-assault-retrial-1202377505/
Judge Steven O’Neill said Cosby could remain free on bail until sentencing. Steele pleaded for him to be jailed immediately, saying he was a flight risk and owned a plane. Cosby, who had been silent throughout the trial, shouted back.“He doesn’t have a plane, you *******,” said Cosby, referring to himself in the third person, his voice shaking. “He doesn’t know.”
O’Neill didn’t announce a date for sentencing, but state law requires it within 100 days of a conviction. Cosby, 80, could face up to 30 years in prison — 10 years for each count —

I heard that his defense will file a stay to prevent either sentencing or being remanded into custody. The goal will be to present a strong enough case that his conviction will be overturned on appeal, in the hopes the judge will not force him to serve any time while awaiting appeal, which they would then drag on for the remainder of his life. It is my most fervent wish that any such action will be denied. He's a loathesome serial rapist, and should be treated as such. Even if he does serve a day, which I doubt, I suspect it would be in a county jail versus the state penitentiary, or he will feign some health issue in order to serve in a private hospital room. We shall see.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...iction-trial-sexual-assault-age-a8324441.html
[FONT=&quot]The comedian, who is 80, faces a maximum 10-year prison sentence for each conviction, and a fine up to $25,000.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It is unclear at this point whether he will be given a 30-year-sentence, however, and experts say that it is likely that Mr Cosby would be able to argue successfully that the charges should be combined for sentencing purposes as they all cover the same incident and encounter,[/FONT]

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back