bill stanton~independent investigator hired by anonymous man and woman benefactors

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, not of public opinion.

Speaking to society at large... we all need to do a better job watching out and caring for each other.

The paradox here is that while cases like this one shine a spotlight on this need, they also drive a wedge of fear between people. Adults who might otherwise pay more attention to the kids around them instead choose not to get involved for fear that their concern will be misinterpreted. And around and around we go.

But it goes beyond this. We live in a sociopathic nation, a society in which compassion is openly scorned, in which the poor are villified, in which the sick are ignored and often blamed. We have a society that operates like a herd of gazelles, and when the Lions of misfortune strike we scatter and leave the slow and weak and unlucky to perish -- while congratulating the Lions for another successful kill and ourselves for surviving and feeling nothing.

We need to do better. Seriously.

:goodpost:

Respectfully agree..it is called tunnel vision

And LE is not 100% ALWAYS right! They are EXPERTS because of what the have to see/do in their line of work, but every police officer is, at the end of the day, a human being...:twocents:

Respectfully agree..it is called tunnel vision

Give me a break. It's not at all tunnel vision.

This mom has been all over the place with her stories --

doors locked

doors unlocked

windows open

windows closed with screens bent

left some lights on

turned some lights off'

didn't hear a thing

have a big dog that didn't bark--or did he bark?

Son in bed

son in bed with step brother

3 cell phones taken
Her story is full of holes. :banghead: Her story changes because somewhere in there--she is not telling the absolute truth.

imoo

And LE is not 100% ALWAYS right! They are EXPERTS because of what the have to see/do in their line of work, but every police officer is, at the end of the day, a human being...:twocents:

Yea and LE knows when a parent in these type cases is lying or hiding something.

imo

Give me a break. It's not at all tunnel vision.

This mom has been all over the place with her stories --

doors locked

doors unlocked

windows open

windows closed with screens bent

left some lights on

turned some lights off'

didn't hear a thing

have a big dog that didn't bark--or did he bark?

Son in bed

son in bed with step brother

3 cell phones taken
Her story is full of holes. :banghead: Her story changes because somewhere in there--she is not telling the absolute truth.

imoo

That's because she wasn't the one that originally told that story that's Jeremy's verison of what he came home to. She was in bed asleep supposedly. She's just repeating a lot of what he told her. We have NO way of knowing if that is really how the house was when he came home. for all we know he could be lying.

None of those parents turned around and told the public that they had failed a poly nor did they stop cooperating with police. Making a second public plea for the return of Lisa at this point would be absurd.

Susan Smith made a public plea and she was very guilty of harming her sons.

JMO

Making a public plea is not absurd. It would show the parents care about a precious, innocent, 10 month old baby who's missing!!!!

It's been 9 days now since baby Lisa was last seen, and the parents aren't doing anything publically.
No interviews, no hanging posters, nada. :furious:

That's because she wasn't the one that originally told that story that's Jeremy's verison of what he came home to. She was in bed asleep supposedly. She's just repeating a lot of what he told her. We have NO way of knowing if that is really how the house was when he came home. for all we know he could be lying.

You- we-the people- don't know if she's telling the truth either.
LE is onto something with the parents or they- LE- would make an announcement stating the parents are deemed not involved.

imo

Agreed. They aren't always right. But bottom line they are the closest who knows what is going on.

We don't know what they found in that house. We don't know if the luminol testing showed blood or signs of a clean up. We also don't know what other signs they may have found in the home. We don't know what the interviews showed, whether it was distraught parents who tried to give any and all info that they thought might be helpful to finding their baby. Or a parent who appeared reluctant to express helpful thoughts, or had to think of answers to questions before they expressed them. Or whether parents were consistant in their answers or whether their answers changed according to what LE told them they had found.

I do know they haven't accused the parents as yet. They have spoken of them as helpful. They have appeared to be searching out other leads, interviewing neighbors and determining the where abouts of other names that have come up in the investigation. A good indication that tunnel vision isn't happening.

At the same time they spent a long time in that home. A long expensive time, with all the forensics and investigators in home. Something held them there. Something made them feel the home was important in the crime. I may not know what held them there. But I do know that they spent more time there than usual.

They did do searches. But if you have watched any missing cases, you will have learned it is a wide world out there and without any indication of where the person might have been taken, you can't search everywhere. So best case for finding the baby is for someone to talk.

I respectfully disagree. LE will do whatever it takes to find the baby and the real kidnapper. If LE is focused on the parents there's a reason.

imo

Absolutely. This whole case is so bizarre. I don't know whether she or her husband are involved, but my gut tells me that they are. (I know - that's not proof). Missing cell phones, lights on, mom didn't hear anything but had a baby monitor, LE says parents not cooperating, then parents say that is not true, mom says she failed poly, questionable entrance of perp into home, parents not begging every day for baby's safe return, hiring PI and 2 lawyers, etc, etc. Each of these actions alone don't necessarily mean complicity on the part of the parents, however, added together, they darn sure give one pause to wonder if they were somehow involved in this baby's disappearance.

I ask myself if this is how a normal parent would act under the same or similar circumstances, and I have to say "No". JMO of course.

Agreed. They aren't always right. But bottom line they are the closest who knows what is going on.

We don't know what they found in that house. We don't know if the luminol testing showed blood or signs of a clean up. We also don't know what other signs they may have found in the home. We don't know what the interviews showed, whether it was distraught parents who tried to give any and all info that they thought might be helpful to finding their baby. Or a parent who appeared reluctant to express helpful thoughts, or had to think of answers to questions before they expressed them. Or whether parents were consistant in their answers or whether their answers changed according to what LE told them they had found.

I do know they haven't accused the parents as yet. They have spoken of them as helpful. They have appeared to be searching out other leads, interviewing neighbors and determining the where abouts of other names that have come up in the investigation. A good indication that tunnel vision isn't happening.

At the same time they spent a long time in that home. A long expensive time, with all the forensics and investigators in home. Something held them there. Something made them feel the home was important in the crime. I may not know what held them there. But I do know that they spent more time there than usual.

They did do searches. But if you have watched any missing cases, you will have learned it is a wide world out there and without any indication of where the person might have been taken, you can't search everywhere. So best case for finding the baby is for someone to talk.

EXACTLY - so I will reserve judgement of the parents until *I* know more!

Making a public plea is not absurd. It would show the parents care about a precious, innocent, 10 month old baby who's missing!!!!

It's been 9 days now since baby Lisa was last seen, and the parents aren't doing anything publically.
No interviews, no hanging posters, nada. :furious:

Excuse me? My opinion had nothing to do with how precious or innocent Lisa is. My opinion is that her parents making a second plea AFTER stating that LE told her mother she had failed a poly and AFTER LE stated publicly that her parents had stopped cooperating is absurd.

I'll continue to hold that opinion about Lisa's PARENTS.

JMO

Absolutely. This whole case is so bizarre. I don't know whether she or her husband are involved, but my gut tells me that they are. (I know - that's not proof). Missing cell phones, lights on, mom didn't hear anything but had a baby monitor, LE says parents not cooperating, then parents say that is not true, mom says she failed poly, questionable entrance of perp into home, parents not begging every day for baby's safe return, hiring PI and 2 lawyers, etc, etc. Each of these actions alone don't necessarily mean complicity on the part of the parents, however, added together, they darn sure give one pause to wonder if they were somehow involved in this baby's disappearance.

I ask myself if this is how a normal parent would act under the same or similar circumstances, and I have to say "No". JMO of course.

I agree. I haven't found anything definitive yet that makes me point to it and say yes proof that she/he did it. But things are adding up quickly. And they don't look good for the parents. I'm just not real sure if it was one parent, one parent with the other's complicity afterwards or both parents. Then again sometimes I go back on the fence.

A couple of things I want to bring up and there really isn't anyplace to put them. I have heard people mention that the parents don't have motive. Motive is something that often isn't found in a domestic situation. Motive is an indication of premeditation, of planning. But most domestic situations are either chronic abusive or a momentary loss of control, loss of temper. Shaken baby for instance is usually a loss of control. Not planned, even not intended. But lethal all the same.

Signs that she was loved. She was well dressed and appeared happy in her pictures. But that doesn't exclude a loss of control issue. She may have been very loved. But it only takes a moment, of anger frustration or desperation for something bad to happen.

I'm not saying that happened here. But it is always a possibility even in homes where the children are very loved.

Excuse me? My opinion had nothing to do with how precious or innocent Lisa is. My opinion is that her parents making a second plea AFTER stating that LE told her mother she had failed a poly and AFTER LE stated publicly that her parents had stopped cooperating is absurd.

JMO

Prehaps you're a different type of parent than me.:) Firstly, I thank the good Lord above that all my children are grown and grew up safely.

Secondly, you can daum sure bet if one of them went missing, I'd go bonkers. Failed poly, wronged accusations would never keep me from begging for my missing baby. NEVER.

JMO

One more thing, you may have missed LE's last talk with the media.

LE stated that Lisa's parents were cooperating with them.

imo

mitchweber Mitch Weber
Bill Stanton has arrived back at the home on Walrond, where Lisa's parents are staying #LisaIrwin
3 minutes ago

mitchweber Mitch Weber
We are waiting at the house for any updates from Stanton. #LisaIrwin yfrog.com/h8drgprj
5 minutes ago

mitchweber Mitch Weber
Stanton just walked outside and is now on his phone. #LisaIrwin yfrog.com/j2jabqlj
3 minutes ago

lol. I'm not sure I really want to know Stanton's every little move.

ETA: I asked this reporter earlier how Stanton is going to do this "investigation" with his team since they're not licensed in MO. His answer:

mitchweber Mitch Weber
@
@casesignal we are looking into that. As of right now, he is acting as a citizen, something any of us could do if we could get cooperation
50 minutes ago

I agree, when I saw that searches were being done, I though man, I would be there - not searching, even tho I would want to cover ground I wouldn't want to find my daughter like that. But I would want to be in the vicinity. To find out asap and move on to the next. Look at Kyron - posters, flyers all over. But - his birth parents didn't really know what happened to him (whether stepmom did is not important here). I picture myself going door to door in the neighborhood "please let me look in your house/garage, my baby is missing!!!" My kids picture would be EVERYWHERE. I'm sick thinking how frantic I would be.

BUT.... it just occurred to me after reading your post... and I've never considered this in the few years of following missing children reports.. My friend would play the 'poor me' and shut down and lay around wallowing all day. Ok, maybe not that extreme, but she would NOT be able to do what I could. Oh, she would make sure other people were taking care of it and be assured it was being handled... maybe. It's how her family dynamic works, everyone always takes care of things for her.

I wonder.. is Debbie a go-getter or (with all respect, not bashing) a weaker person that relies on others to make bigger decisions. Know what I mean? Until I placed my friend in her shoes, I didn't think it was possible to not freak out and go all-out to find your kid. (remind me to take her off my emergency contact for my kids, lol!! jk!)

End this? What odd wording. Either he's way overconfident in his abilities, or was told something that leads him to believe that there's going to be an end to this. Why didn't he say to help find baby Lisa? That wording is really bothering me...

From what little I've seen or heard from him, he seems extremely unprofessional. The ONLY positive thing he could've meant by that asinine comment is to hopefully put an end to the lack of help from the parents. I still don't think they are communicating or cooperating, as there is a deafening SILENCE from their party.

Is it me, or did he come in all "gung ho," but then after meeting with LE has become a bit more subdued? Supposed to have a presser today, now it's tomorrow. BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.

I have to keep reminding myself that we do not know what LE has. If they took DNA from someone they must have something to want to rule someone out. JMOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BranVan
Back