Billings -Couple with 12 adopted children murdered #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That kind of un-informed sensational post is not helping anyone.

1. Maybe they wanted the son the live up to his financial responsiblity of having a child.

2. A 50,000 dollar life insurance policy is peanuts and not at all strange for parents to take out on kids or grandkids. It's the best time to buy life insurance because they are young and it's cheap and will guarantee they will have a policy that they can increase the coverage amount at certain intervals as they age and need more. If that child develops a medical condition like, diabities, heart disease, or any number of conditions down the road they would not be able to buy life insurance at any price. What if they have a family and want to provide financial protection in the event they die. Good thing the parents bought that insurance policy way back when. It's actually a very smart thing to do and shows how much they cared for the well being of their family members. Very common practice among people who plan for the future.

Sorry but that post just seems like piling on and is attacking the victims. That's national enquirer type stuff imo. You can turn off the "hinky" alarm off...nothing to see here.

This isn't from the National Enquirer, it's from official court documents filed by the Billings. It's all true. I think it's very strange for a grandparent to want a $50k life insurance on their grandaughter. Why would they need $$ if she dies ? I wouldn't take my child to court for child support for MY grandchild. If I couldn't afford to take care of my grandchild, I'd send her home. If his son is such a crappy parent it could be due to his upbringing.

Here's just my opinion... JMO... based on the latest news coming out of the suspects mouths...

The juvenile told his father that he was scared - not of the police - but of "them" - he told his dad "they're all gonna kill us" or something like that.

Coldiron said he wanted OUT, but L. Patrick Jr. told him he was in "too deep..."

Well, at this point, I am beginning to think there is no "them" - it sounds to me like it was just another one of L. Patrick Jr. self-concocted, self-delusional schemes to make these guys believe he was "bigger" than what he really was.

It just doesn't seem likely to be a true "paid hit." I am beginning to think this whole "military precision execution" was just a wet dream of L. Patrick Jr. that he made come true.

I hate him. I really, really hate him. :furious:

Perhaps because she can give information regarding the Gonzalez men? Still doesn't make sense, but she is only being charged for knowing about the murders after the fact.

I think maybe that will change, considering the statement by Coldiron that she was present when they obtained the guns and the reports that she drove a vehicle to and from the scene of the crime.
Of course, these statements may not be true, but I'd sure like to see that smirk wiped off her face.

This isn't from the National Enquirer, it's from official court documents filed by the Billings. It's all true. I think it's very strange for a grandparent to want a $50k life insurance on their grandaughter. Why would they need $$ if she dies ? I wouldn't take my child to court for child support for MY grandchild. If I couldn't afford to take care of my grandchild, I'd send her home. If his son is such a crappy parent it could be due to his upbringing.

Do you or anyone have a quick link to the document about the life insurance? I want to read and see if it isn't the normal requirement made of many non-custodial parents. It is often required that they provide life insurance on themselves with their children as beneficiaries.

Thank you, Daisy. You would like to think that a retraction would be printed for all to read. Or, at the very least, remove the entire article! Geez!!!!

The article is mostly correct as far as I know. The only error is that PLW was referred to as a real estate agent when she probably should have been referred to as a property manager, landlord or something like that.

JMHO

Here's just my opinion... JMO... based on the latest news coming out of the suspects mouths...

The juvenile told his father that he was scared - not of the police - but of "them" - he told his dad "they're all gonna kill us" or something like that.

Coldiron said he wanted OUT, but L. Patrick Jr. told him he was in "too deep..."

Well, at this point, I am beginning to think there is no "them" - it sounds to me like it was just another one of L. Patrick Jr. self-concocted, self-delusional schemes to make these guys believe he was "bigger" than what he really was.

It just doesn't seem likely to be a true "paid hit." I am beginning to think this whole "military precision execution" was just a wet dream of L. Patrick Jr. that he made come true.

I hate him. I really, really hate him. :furious:

I am so on your wavelength! Very well put! :clap::clap::clap:

I think maybe that will change, considering the statement by Coldiron that she was present when they obtained the guns and the reports that she drove a vehicle to and from the scene of the crime.
Of course, these statements may not be true, but I'd sure like to see that smirk wiped off her face.

I *so* agree with you!!! For the sake of discussion, is it possible she may not have known that the Billings would have been murdered? More like threatened in a home invasion/robbery? Not that it makes any part of her involvement less, but I'm wondering...

I think it's very strange for a grandparent to want a $50k life insurance on their grandaughter.

$50K does seem like a lot, doesn't it? My mother bought a life insurance policy for me for decades ago, but it's just enough to cover funeral expenses. It's not needed anymore because my own life insurance is sufficient to pay for that, but it's there just in case. She and my father lived through the deaths of two children and having to make monthly payments to the funeral home for years, so I think that was the rationale behind the policy on me. It seems to me, based on what I know of funeral costs, that $50K is two or three times the amount you'd need.

Enlightenment needed; If the surveillance system WAS NOT disabled successfully, regardless of what each of the arrested individuals claim about their participation (role) in the crime (i.e, who carried a gun, who actually fired a gun, who shot & killed BB & MB . . .), wouldn't the investigator's already know the answer(s) by having viewed the interior home surv. tapes? Is it possible that the inside surveillance system was turned off successfully BUT not the exterior cams? IMO the perps, based upon their differing statements to LE, do not believe that they're actions within the home were caught on surveillance tape. As I recall it was mentioned/asked many threads ago by a poster, if the inside cameras were on would not the perps have realized that when they saw themselves on the monitor(s) which must have been visible since the surveillance system was essentially used to track the childrens whereabouts due to their various challanges. Any thoughts on this? TIA!
MOO

I was reading today's CNN article, and in it the red 8 passenger van was discussed. LPG.Jr states that he has a red van but that it is not operational. Am I confused, though not difficult. In the same paragraph, Poff says she purchased it for her son LPG,Jr.
Just how many red 8 passenger vans are we talking about? The van that was hidden near/behind/next to the shed on the LPG Sr.'s property was the van used the night of the murders, right? I know LPG,Jr. has one and also PW.

It is safe to say that LPG, jr was not being truthful with LE when he said his vehicle was not working. VIN # can easily be traced, the previous owner gave LE the vin #, sorry I don't have the article available.

Red cargo van - Title owner TP purchased vehicle for son LPG, jr
LPG, jr drove said red cargo van to Billings home night of home invasion/homicides.
Title owner TP's red cargo van was found behind/near/next to shed of LPG, Sr's property

Burgundy Minivan - owner Pamela Long Wiggins
The safe taken from the home invasion/homicides was transferred to PLW's minivan along side of the road according to Thornton, one of the suspects, per court documents.

Third vehicle involved in the home invasion/homicides was blue sport utility driven by suspect Gary Sumner, per court documents.

HTH :)

I *so* agree with you!!! For the sake of discussion, is it possible she may not have known that the Billings would have been murdered? More like threatened in a home invasion/robbery? Not that it makes any part of her involvement less, but I'm wondering...

IIRC, under Florida's murder rule, she should be charged with Murder One or Felony Murder. Anyone participating in a felony that leads to murder is eligible. A legal eagle can weigh in if I have that wrong.

I want to be crystal clear -- I was not saying or inferring there was anything inappropriate in her position, just contrasting it to my own, which is to explore and understand everything, even if painful.

I didn't think you meant anything negative about her... but I know many people who have handled loss in the manner she is doing...

I don't know, but she sure didn't seem very upset that they were murdered. Have you seen the video of her perp walk?

If she knew ahead of time about a home invasion robbery where the people would be threatened with firearms and was actually at the scene (as has been reported), and those people were killed with the firearms, I think she'd be charged with murder just like the ones who were in the house but weren't the shooters.

ETA SuziQ put this way better!

As a long time Gulf Coast resident, I have been fascinated by this case - just lurking, though. There are some similarities to the Sherry murders in Biloxi in the 90's. Upstanding couple murdered in their home. Convoluted contacts and complicated seemingly random business dealings. It took years to unravel the events and as a final flourish, our mayor was sent to prison - along with many others. As for motive, sometimes it doesn't take much , maybe a lien on the wrong business? As for the sloppy over-the-top invasion - well, it really is hard to get good help these days. Ya'll probably have checked this out already, but if not, it's worth a look as a possibility.

If anyone has a subscription.... might be good to run some of the POI and their associates names against Alabama court records, as well as the searches already done in Florida.
http://www.alacourt.com/Servicewhole.Asp?Page=services.htm

Tried to go there, but have any luck.

I wandered to:
STATE OF ALABAMA
CORPORATIONSEARCH: BILLINGS
http://arc-sos.state.al.us/cgi/corpagent.mbr/output?s=26&search=BILLINGS&type=I&status= &order=default&place=ALL

IMO ... Don't know if any relation, but there's lots to view.

I'm really confused. Sheriff Morgan is saying that the loan Billings gave to LPGjr occurred within the year. I heard him say this in a sound bite on CNN HLN. However Crystal Spencer, the family attorney and spokesperson says there was no record of any loan.

I'm really confused. Sheriff Morgan is saying that the loan Billings gave to LPGjr occurred within the year. I heard him say this in a sound bite on CNN HLN. However Crystal Spencer, the family attorney and spokesperson says there was no record of any loan.

Maybe he means that according to LPGjr it occurred within the year. If not, he must be going by some other evidence of the loan or gift or whatever it was. Wonder what that evidence would be?

OL - Just as an FYI cuz I'm hoping no more info is posted on THIS PL:

Mistaken identity

The Pamela Long sought in the Byrd and Melanie Billings murder case is not the only Pamela Long in Gulf Breeze.

Pamela Marie Long, who owns the real estate development company PMG Group, was being confused Wednesday with Pamela Laverne Long, who was sought by the Escambia County Sheriff's Office.

She said she received a slew of phone calls from friends and media from across the country minutes after Sheriff David Morgan announced the search for a woman named Pamela Long, but gave few other details. Reporters also gathered in her yard. The sheriff later announced that Long's married name is now Wiggins.

"I just got off the phone with someone from 'Inside Edition' and they asked me, 'Do you know police are looking for you?' " Pamela Marie Long said. "I am not that Pamela Long. Please let people know that."

http://pnj.com/article/20090716/NEWS01/907160312/-1/special

:blowkiss:

Are you saying PLW (out on bail)that she does NOT own the Magnolia Antique mall or the classy lady?:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member