Birthday Memorial - Java Jive

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way NC, I've wanted to mention your health issues but have declined until now. I, too, have immune system diseases...2 in fact. At one point they thought I had Lupus, but now I have a definitive diagnosis of something similar, although quite rare. I take immune suppressant drugs & pred. Oh the glorious wonders of pred....yes, it helps, but the weight gain is horrendous. I still mourn for my former self each and every time I look in a mirror.
I guess what I want to say is this....don't let all this BS put you in a major flare. As you and I both know, emotional s**t can send us over the edge and the ensuing flare "just ain't worth it!!"

sorry about that experience, but...

Don't you reckon she never thought there would be any backlash? And many people, when they feel they're wrongly attacked (ie, you are also acting that way to her) they then wrongly backlash at the person they feel was responsible (if I had never let them decorate, everything would be OK).

I have no doubt she took out some frustrations on you. Flip side, here she did something she thought was nice, and she caught grief from folks accusing her of doing it for profit motives. So she unloaded on you...and now you say you'll never go there again, as well as some others have said.

FWIW, seems you (any one of the celebrants) probably should have taken down the decorations on Monday...yesterday morning at the latest. So, she probably left them there since they were obviously thoughtful and she sure wouldn't want you coming in later (did she have a phone number to contact you by?) to find she had removed them. And while the decorations lingered, her "regulars" very well could have thought she was profiteering rom the whole celebration/decorating, etc.

DEAREST 2Daughters: Why the heck should there BE any "backlash" for an agreed to birthday memorial for NC?

I left my phone number with Cherie. Indeedy. In fact (which by the way, it might have been nice if you had known these facts before you set out to chastise me on leaving the decorations too long), IN FACT, Cherie ASKED ME TO LEAVE THE DECS UP UNTIL WEDNESDAY, TODAY.

OK? That wasn't very nice of you, 2Daughters, because you don't know what you are talking about, and I do. NOW, If you are going to be accusatory, do your research first. :blowkiss:

PS, I have no idea who said (the TV piece) that the NC memorial would be in the JJ until Wednesday. I never talked to anyone or the media. I'll say that again and again. But it wasn't a problem. Cherie said to leave it up til Wed. to me on the phone.

Thank you very much.:)

You're done! Thank you for submitting your review. Return to Profile

This review is subject to our terms and conditions and will publish within 30 minutes. Want to make a change? Click 'Edit' below.
Your Review

Cherie at Jave Jive and the Nancy Cooper Memorial

Posted on 08-27-2008 by FriendofNancyCooper (1 Reviews)
I can see that it has been a while since anyone has written a review so I have a good one for you. If you have any knowledge of the brutal murder of Nancy Cooper then you know her Birthday Memorial was held at Java Jive on August 25th. Cherie (owner) supposedly loved Nancy dearly - they were close. She named a smoothie after Nancy's daughter Bella. Cherie EXCITEDLY allowed us to host the Birthday Memorial at her shop. Today the lovely, generous woman who organized and decorated so beautifully for Nancy's memorial was verbally abused by Cherie. Trust me this woman was no friend of Nancy Coopers. She blamed the organized group of Nancy's Memorial for an increase in her business - get that LOL She also blamed the group for negative phone calls and said she was FORCED to speak to the Media. Just how does a reporter FORCE anyone to speak?? That being said we are quite sure it was the suspected husband and/or his friends who was making the phone calls and poor little Cherie fell right for it. Jessica or Diana or Hannah if you can see my email you know who I am. I'm furious over this!!!! If not go to WS and you'll know who I am.
  • Pros:
  • Cons: Owner Issues
  • Overall user rating: Not Recommended

You're done! Thank you for submitting your review. Return to Profile

This review is subject to our terms and conditions and will publish within 30 minutes. Want to make a change? Click 'Edit' below.
Your Review

Cherie at Jave Jive and the Nancy Cooper Memorial

Posted on 08-27-2008 by FriendofNancyCooper (1 Reviews)
I can see that it has been a while since anyone has written a review so I have a good one for you. If you have any knowledge of the brutal murder of Nancy Cooper then you know her Birthday Memorial was held at Java Jive on August 25th. Cherie (owner) supposedly loved Nancy dearly - they were close. She named a smoothie after Nancy's daughter Bella. Cherie EXCITEDLY allowed us to host the Birthday Memorial at her shop. Today the lovely, generous woman who organized and decorated so beautifully for Nancy's memorial was verbally abused by Cherie. Trust me this woman was no friend of Nancy Coopers. She blamed the organized group of Nancy's Memorial for an increase in her business - get that LOL She also blamed the group for negative phone calls and said she was FORCED to speak to the Media. Just how does a reporter FORCE anyone to speak?? That being said we are quite sure it was the suspected husband and/or his friends who was making the phone calls and poor little Cherie fell right for it. Jessica or Diana or Hannah if you can see my email you know who I am. I'm furious over this!!!! If not go to WS and you'll know who I am.
  • Pros:
  • Cons: Owner Issues
  • Overall user rating: Not Recommended

What is THIS? I hope that this unfortunate slamming I rec'd today by the JJ owner (unexpectedly and unwarranted) has not turned into something uglier. I hope someone deletes this thing on City Search if it is derogatory, untrue, whatever. I have not read it. I'm not sure what this is all about. I just want to forget the whole JJ place forever. (The owner C. and her unwarranted treatment of me).

I posted that about the shop. I'll renmove it if you want me to. She just pizzed me off treating you that way! :mad:

What is THIS? I hope that this unfortunate slamming I rec'd today by the JJ owner (unexpectedly and unwarranted) has not turned into something uglier. I hope someone deletes this thing on City Search if it is derogatory, untrue, whatever. I have not read it. I'm not sure what this is all about. I just want to forget the whole JJ place forever. (The owner C. and her unwarranted treatment of me).

It looks like this poster has a problem with the owner. Not you. Sometimes when you do really great things, not everyone will see it that way. But you did do a really good thing. Look at who is thought to have complained. Wow. I mean think about it: who could possibly be upset with any aspect of a memorial birthday??? As AL pointed out in her piece today, memorial birthdays may not be an everyday occurrence, but WS did this to keep the public focused on Nancy's case. Mission accomplished!! BTW, Natalie did a great job of expressing this in the clip that I saw yesterday. As for this last development, well I am just glad that people continue to talk about Nancy. :)

I PM'ed you, Topsail Girl.

If and when the perpetrator(s) of Nancy's murder is/are caught, I vote that any WS folks who want to celebrate do it at the coffee shop at the Harris Teeter. You know, the HT that has videos of a mystery guest.

DEAREST 2Daughters: Why the heck should there BE any "backlash" for an agreed to birthday memorial for NC?

I left my phone number with Cherie. Indeedy. In fact (which by the way, it might have been nice if you had known these facts before you set out to chastise me on leaving the decorations too long), IN FACT, Cherie ASKED ME TO LEAVE THE DECS UP UNTIL WEDNESDAY, TODAY.

OK? That wasn't very nice of you, 2Daughters, because you don't know what you are talking about, and I do. NOW, If you are going to be accusatory, do your research first. :blowkiss:

PS, I have no idea who said (the TV piece) that the NC memorial would be in the JJ until Wednesday. I never talked to anyone or the media. I'll say that again and again. But it wasn't a problem. Cherie said to leave it up til Wed. to me on the phone.

Thank you very much.:)

well then i was wrong about a lot of things and can admit it. I don't recall seeing some of what you say (you gave her phone #, she wanted them to stay, etc), but have no reawson to think you're being anything other than honest now.

Anderson, the owner of the shop wanted me to do the celebration. WANTED the media. Something happened between the owner and someone outside this entire thing, and she's blaming me for her misfortune in that respect. I haven't a clue what she is going through, but as another poster related, the owner of the JJ has been "nasty" to Amanda Lamb of WRAL TV on several occasions.

Simple: I won't be doing this again. I won't be a patron of the JJ again. Too many other places to go to. And when someone tells me, verbally that it is great to do something like the celebration, I will get it in writing, on audio and notarized!! LOL Better yet, I just won't do it again.

Do you hear the thunder, Cary folks?? I love it.

2Daughters, thank you for your nice reply above in post #230. It takes b*lls to do that! You go girl.:):)

and I think that review is completely stupid. I mean "I was in there and the owner acted like a b ____ h to me" - fine. But some of y'all are taking this innerwebbery a bit too far. She didn't have anything to do with the case per se.

well, nc I have balls. lol

We should all learn to admit we're wrong. but you're quite welcome, nonetheless and thank you for the kindness.

Anderson, the owner of the shop wanted me to do the celebration. WANTED the media. Something happened between the owner and someone outside this entire thing, and she's blaming me for her misfortune in that respect. I haven't a clue what she is going through, but as another poster related, the owner of the JJ has been "nasty" to Amanda Lamb of WRAL TV on several occasions.

Simple: I won't be doing this again. I won't be a patron of the JJ again. Too many other places to go to. And when someone tells me, verbally that it is great to do something like the celebration, I will get it in writing, on audio and notarized!! LOL Better yet, I just won't do it again.

Do you hear the thunder, Cary folks?? I love it.

I guess that happens sometimes. I still say it was worth it! ;)

2daughters, if you are a male, my apologies, ha ha. Instead of "you go girl", I'll just say "You GO!"

And another thing! LOL

ncnative, please don't let this moron run you off. You went out of your way to do something very thoughtful and it seemed from what I saw of the TV segments, everyone was very happy that it had been done.

It looks like Cherie's a little schizo - first she thinks it's a good idea but then, when she gets a little flak, she takes it out on you. Bogus!!!

Exactly. Don't let it bother you.

NCN....I've just seen what occured to you today and you absolutely do NOT deserve this. You said...Cherie says that this is all "backfiring" on her, to use her word. This is what it is all about. If she was receiving all fame and glory she would RELISH it and take all compliments coming her way, instead she says it BACKFIRED and now needs to take her anger out on someone and it happens to you.

I was the 1st one there, sat inside, bought a coffee milkshake and watched the media. They never circulated inside, bothered anyone, but they video'd the display and asked the person who signed the book if she minded talking to them. They then moved outside to where everyone from WS eventually sat.

If she is receiving calls or complaints from her steady customers, what kind of customers are they anyway? She needs to think of an intelligent answer such as...just think if this is your family member wouldn't you want me to help any way I can?
If it is hate calls from unknown people...she needs to be adult enough and say...sorry you feel this way, but I made a choice to assist any way I can and will continue to do so.

NCN...bottom line is she took her anger out on you and we on WS know the hard work and effort you put into this for NC.
I Thank You so much for what you have done!

LOTS of WS people put their efforts into this. Just showing up was a great thing for all of you to do.

I'm "over it" now. I've figured things out. Misplaced anger on her part, lack of good judgment on her part, and that's all I'll say to that.

Next time, when they arrest someone, there's a coffee shop at the HTeeter in Crescent Commons! We all know that one! I'll even show up, and nothing else, even if I have to use my wheelchair on that day. If I use enough ibuprofen, then I won't need the chair!

I'm looking for a new coffee shop to enjoy. All recommendations are welcome!

NCN....I've just seen what occured to you today and you absolutely do NOT deserve this. You said...Cherie says that this is all "backfiring" on her, to use her word. This is what it is all about. If she was receiving all fame and glory she would RELISH it and take all compliments coming her way, instead she says it BACKFIRED and now needs to take her anger out on someone and it happens to you.

I was the 1st one there, sat inside, bought a coffee milkshake and watched the media. They never circulated inside, bothered anyone, but they video'd the display and asked the person who signed the book if she minded talking to them. They then moved outside to where everyone from WS eventually sat.

If she is receiving calls or complaints from her steady customers, what kind of customers are they anyway? She needs to think of an intelligent answer such as...just think if this is your family member wouldn't you want me to help any way I can?
If it is hate calls from unknown people...she needs to be adult enough and say...sorry you feel this way, but I made a choice to assist any way I can and will continue to do so.

NCN...bottom line is she took her anger out on you and we on WS know the hard work and effort you put into this for NC.
I Thank You so much for what you have done!

:clap::clap: Well said Mom!

As I had previously stated, I had never been to JJ before. I was there that day, and bought a drink, so she had a potential repeat customer. I don't think I will be going back. I can see where some folks might have felt that she was trying to make money from the situation, and if they were uninformed, I can see where they might have been angry about that. Imagine if you felt that a neighborhood McDonald's held some kind of remembrance to the 9/11 situation, and you did not know of any connection. It might make you angry to think they were just using those memories to capitalize on the situation. However, she agreed to house the display, the victim was a customer and friend of the store. It was adjacent to the neighborhood and was apparently a rally point for the search effort. It has been somewhat central to the situation all along.

That being said, I have to believe that the angry calls were from BC and any remaining friends or family that he has. I could be wrong. Some years ago I had just gotten in from landing at RDU and entered the home that I was living in at that time was very close to RDU, and there were severe storms in the area, including a possible tornado near Morrisville. WRAL continued there evening news coverage for a while until the most severe threats were over. They got complaints from people because they had delayed joining some stupid ball game. I'm sorry, folks, but try to grow up a bit. People had their lives and property in danger from the weather, and people were upset that they missed 20 minutes of some game. I will not say it takes all kinds, but I will say that we HAVE all kinds! IMO, the owner of JJ should tell the angry callers where to get off.

Either way, she was wrong to vent at NCN, and demonstrates a resounding lack of maturity by unloading on her.

CyberPro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members