Birthday Memorial - Java Jive

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very, very nice work, ladies!! And NCN :blowkiss: everything looked perfect!! Plus, it's good to see that the media took advantage of the opportunity to acknowledge Nancy (and Krista's) birthday in a positive way...

what a beautiful tribute! NCnative, topsail girl, sleuthy and all others who helped --- you did a remarkable job.

i wish that i were local and could have seen it and participated.

when these murders happen, i think about what if this had happened to me, i would hope that someone help my family. though your participation, you are helping nancy's family and her 2 little girls.

FOLKS: I just removed all the decs at the JJ.Would you believe this? The owner came out, Cherie...don't know her last name yet, but I will....she came out and gave me a nasty goodbye. I could not believe this. She said that she is "...getting many many calls from people being nasty to..." her because (from what I got of her passive aggressive attack), because of her "using the Java Jive" in a way to ....(and this part I'm confused on) get attention or get people to come to her store, or what? I'm not sure. I feel slapped in the face for nothing.

I left, telling her that I will be glad to share this with people on WS, and I will be glad to quote Cherie on her nasty comments to me.

First of all, Cherie was asked by me if I could decorate her place as a birthday memorial to Nancy Cooper. Cherie was all for it. She was very nice and helpful. Fine. I went about decorating. Cherie even asked me if "...the media would be here?", and she seemed happy at thinking that they would. I believe she even mentioned "...the newspaper..." Now, I had nothing to do with the media showing up, but what a good idea for those who contacted them about this very important happening in our community, regarding Nancy's murder.

As well, Cherie said that she (Cherie) "...used to clean Nancy's house." Cherie also said that she "...loved Nancy dearly..." on TV and to me. Cherie also said that she has a smoothie "...named after Bella."

So, Cherie wanted this celebration and allowed it. Why shouldn't she? As I mentioned to her as I left, with her chastising me for ...what, the media showing up, and people calling her to say nasty things about Cherie's 'using the JJ' for whatever purposes, I haven't figured out yet. I don't know these people to whom she refers as nasty callers. I mentioned to Cherie as I left that it was CHERIE/Java Jive who hosted the search!! The search for Nancy the day she was missing, that is.

That is exactly why I asked Cherie if I could dec. the Java Jive for Nancy's b.day, seeing that we still have a murderer most likely in our community. Everyone seemed to enjoy it, from what I saw on TV and when I drove by later.

I never knew Cherie, Nancy or anyone of you. I wanted to do this as a benevolent gesture to bring the community and friends of Nancy's together in honor of her birthday . I did not want to be on TV, and chose not to. I have that right.

Cherie said to me, "...by your (me) not being here (JJ), I (Cherie the owner) was FORCED to speak to the media!" To which I replied, "FORCED? You looked like you were enjoying it to me, and no one FORCED you to do anything."

So she was "forced" to be on TV, says Cherie, because I wouldn't be there? Well, a WS person did a fabulous job of getting the media there and a WS person did a fab job of speaking, as WS person said, "Nancy can't speak for herself."

Cherie says that this is all "backfiring" on her, to use her word, and I told her I would quote her on this little meetup I had with her today. Folks, I've lived in NC all my life, and never met anyone like Cherie, who is blaming me for her unfortunate dealings on the phone with people who are "nasty" to her regarding her and the media.

I asked Cherie, "Have I done something WRONG?" To which she answered, "...yes, ...it's backfiring on me (Cherie) and nasty phone calls are coming in..."

I have no idea what she has experienced regarding that.

I did what I planned to do: brought Nancy's 35 birthday forward, there was a celebration at JJ, since that was the hosting place for the search, Cherie was happily agreeable to this celebration and let me "go at it''. She even made a rude comment to me on the fact that I (me) did not know Nancy or any of you"! Imagine that.

I didn't do this about ME. And why does Cherie have to make this about Cherie and blame me? Shoot, Cherie certainly had herself all dolled up for that day and looked great. She was never, to quote her like I told her I would: "FORCED" to talk to the media.

I told Cherie as I left, feeling slapped in the face for what??, I'll be glad to quote you, Cherie, on this. She even told me to notify "my people", ha ha...that's Websleuth people who were involved...that this has affected her in a bad way. Hmmm.....she could have asked us to leave.

Thanks to everyone who had the spirit of Nancy and Nancy's memorial at heart. Thanks for being there. Thanks for making this about her.

I told Cherie that she needs to take issue with whomever is "making nasty phonecalls" to her, as this is nothing to do with me or WS. NOTHING. I will never do this again.

I suppose I am her scapegoat? Because I chose not to be there for the celebration and not to be on TV, she has issues with me! She said so. She said that because of that, she was "FORCED" to talk to the media. Hmpfh. Did they have a warrant?

I felt that JJ was becoming a thread in the community and our neighborhood to bring folks together. After this treatment, I will never ever set foot in that place again.

And I was very polite throughout the whole thing, til I was ready to leave and Cherie came out from her office and laid this on me! Quite strange. Sounds like she has issues with other people who have called her, and she is using me. I left the workers a $5 tip and walked out.

PS, maybe one of the other Cary JJ's is having issues. I have no idea. This is ridiculous. I have NEVER been treated like this.

Oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where's the phone??? ! I am freaking calling amanda lamb and getting her to do a story on a hypocrite who would dare to treat you in this manner!!!!

Oh my god i am hot.......

Ok, I called AL and TOLD her and sent her your post, NCN. She said not to take it personally, because Cherie has been nasty to HER in the past!!! She said that is just how she is! She said the coffee shop is not even really kid friendly and that she felt that years ago when her kids were younger! In fact, she said, the other day when they had some of their equipment out on the sidewalk, Cherie made a nasty comment that it was VERY dangerous to have it there... AL said she didn't even mention JJ in her story... she said it was just a "local coffee shop."

I am so PISSED that this lady would welcome the attention and then blame it on a well-wisher that she got caught relishing the attention!!!! I will NEVER go there again.

Someone should pry the phone out of the hands of BC's mom.

Star that is EXACTLY what I was thinking. I'll be calling JJ and talking to Cherie myself. There is no way anyone would force her to talk to a reporter - hell what are they gonna do hold her at knife point on live TV - she's full of chit!!!!! I'm sure I didn't see every single person that walked in and out of that coffee shop on Monday but miss high and mighty made a lot of money that day!!! She won't ever get another dime of my money. I'm going to look on triangle city search to see if there is a web page and I'm gonna blast her sorry arse over this. :mad:

I bet that's EXACTLY who it was!!!

Someone oughta call Cherie and tell her that... that the mother of the murderer brought out Cherie's true colors!!!!!

NCNative I know this is upsetting but please don't let her attitude cause you to leave us. We want you here.

Star that is EXACTLY what I was thinking. I'll be calling JJ and talking to Cherie myself. There is no way anyone would force her to talk to a reporter - hell what are they gonna do hold her at knife point on live TV - she's full of chit!!!!! I'm sure I didn't see every single person that walked in and out of that coffee shop on Monday but miss high and mighty made a lot of money that day!!! She won't ever get another dime of my money. I'm going to look on triangle city search to see if there is a web page and I'm gonna blast her sorry arse over this. :mad:

GO, Tops, GO.........

I bet that's EXACTLY who it was!!!

Someone oughta call Cherie and tell her that... that the mother of the murderer brought out Cherie's true colors!!!!!

Just relax a bit, we don't want to make things worse.

We were there for one day. So she made a few extra dollars. We're not all regulars. The ones that were complaining probably are. They are her bread and butter, and she counts on them returning day after day for her livelihood.

Cheri may have thought it would be a good idea at the time, and then when it was over she got some flak.

I'm sorry she took it out on NCN. I wasn't there to hear the tone of the conversation. I'm sorry NCN's feelings got hurt. She worked very hard on this, and felt a bit like she got kicked in the teeth when she felt she didn't get credit on TV. And then she feels like Cheri is taking her to task over it.

But please don't make it worse for NCN, and don't make it worse for websleuths. The MSM thought we were doing the right thing, and so did Sheriff Harrison. NCN should hold her head high and not let Cheri run her off a site that has nothing to do with Cheri.

My opinion.

We're not all regulars. The ones that were complaining probably are.

I don't think it was regulars. Who would be SO self-centered that they would COMPLAIN about such a thing? I don't think that was even the nature of the complaint. I think it was someone taking her to task because it appeared she was trying to gain monetarily from a sad occasion.

Whether that was BC's mom I don't know. But it makes sense.

Just relax a bit, we don't want to make things worse.

We were there for one day. So she made a few extra dollars. We're not all regulars. The ones that were complaining probably are. They are her bread and butter, and she counts on them returning day after day for her livelihood.

Cheri may have thought it would be a good idea at the time, and then when it was over she got some flak.

I'm sorry she took it out on NCN. I wasn't there to hear the tone of the conversation. I'm sorry NCN's feelings got hurt. She worked very hard on this, and felt a bit like she got kicked in the teeth when she felt she didn't get credit on TV. And then she feels like Cheri is taking her to task over it.

But please don't make it worse for NCN, and don't make it worse for websleuths. The MSM thought we were doing the right thing, and so did Sheriff Harrison. NCN should hold her head high and not let Cheri run her off a site that has nothing to do with Cheri.

My opinion.

This is why, way back when, when you were all planning this I said that maybe you should let Nancy's friends know who you are and what and why you are planning this. In my mind, I could see this backfiring bigtime.

Maybe someone could gently let Diana Duncan know what happened with Cherie, maybe on her blog or something. I'm sure the friends would want to know what happened since they seemed very pleased about the whole thing and were supportive, if not overtly.

sorry about that experience, but...

Don't you reckon she never thought there would be any backlash? And many people, when they feel they're wrongly attacked (ie, you are also acting that way to her) they then wrongly backlash at the person they feel was responsible (if I had never let them decorate, everything would be OK).

I have no doubt she took out some frustrations on you. Flip side, here she did something she thought was nice, and she caught grief from folks accusing her of doing it for profit motives. So she unloaded on you...and now you say you'll never go there again, as well as some others have said.

FWIW, seems you (any one of the celebrants) probably should have taken down the decorations on Monday...yesterday morning at the latest. So, she probably left them there since they were obviously thoughtful and she sure wouldn't want you coming in later (did she have a phone number to contact you by?) to find she had removed them. And while the decorations lingered, her "regulars" very well could have thought she was profiteering rom the whole celebration/decorating, etc.

And another thing! LOL

ncnative, please don't let this moron run you off. You went out of your way to do something very thoughtful and it seemed from what I saw of the TV segments, everyone was very happy that it had been done.

It looks like Cherie's a little schizo - first she thinks it's a good idea but then, when she gets a little flak, she takes it out on you. Bogus!!!

sorry about that experience, but...

Don't you reckon she never thought there would be any backlash? And many people, when they feel they're wrongly attacked (ie, you are also acting that way to her) they then wrongly backlash at the person they feel was responsible (if I had never let them decorate, everything would be OK).

I have no doubt she took out some frustrations on you. Flip side, here she did something she thought was nice, and she caught grief from folks accusing her of doing it for profit motives. So she unloaded on you...and now you say you'll never go there again, as well as some others have said.

FWIW, seems you (any one of the celebrants) probably should have taken down the decorations on Monday...yesterday morning at the latest. So, she probably left them there since they were obviously thoughtful and she sure wouldn't want you coming in later (did she have a phone number to contact you by?) to find she had removed them. And while the decorations lingered, her "regulars" very well could have thought she was profiteering rom the whole celebration/decorating, etc.

Man... you are one understanding person!! Especially since it did appear from Cherie's questions about whether the press would be there... and the newspaper... and her getting all dolled up... it would seem she was indeed hoping to get some free advertisement.

OK, I'm slinking back in. Thanks for calling Amanda Lamb, and telling me what Amanda said about Cher. being nasty to her too. I was so taken aback by Cherie's behavior. Totally unexpected. In fact, I suspect now that there may be a little, uh, personality disorder or something of that nature with her (Cher.)? I noticed a few little things. One of her employees, the tall dark haired guy, came outside as I was leaving and was a tiny bit understanding, but he didn't want to say anything. She was watching from inside.

I called her a (nasty name) to the employee, and said that I'd totally unexpected that treatment and I would never be back to JJ again, and that I WOULD tell "my people" (ha ha, on WS, like she asked) and I WOULD quote her.

Chalk it up to the fact that it takes all kinds. :dervish::shocked2::lamb:

I bet Nancy had a good time at her party. :balloons:

Still, I am going to change my WS name. Not today, cause you all will figure it out. Another day soon. Someone on WS has been unhappy with me for mentioning them. Well slap me and call me Pearl, but if that isn't publicly putting yourself out there, what is? (WS poster knows who she is, and I have no fault with her at all. I'm sure she's a dear soul.) And, secret WS poster, I could not figure out how to delete it. Maybe you can.

EXACTLY why I chose NOT to put myself on public TV. Among other reasons. You choose to do that, fine. Choosing not to was fine with me, and for good reason.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08