Black Friday/Cyber Monday-How's it going in your neck of the woods?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Skipped it. I bought several wii games at Target when it was buy 2 get one free-so kids have been playing Wipe Out-gave them that ine game early-cause it's a long weekend--

My favorite black Friday was about 18 years ago in Orlando. At a small collector's shop called Fibber Magee's shoppers lined up while carolers dressed in Victorian clothes serenaded us. I believe we were greeted with hot chocolate or cider. Lovely time shopping for collectible bargains. Fibbers is gone now-yep, big box store gobbled up business. But that fun memory of a nice Thanksgiving evening tradition remains.

Just saw news. Ocala Fl shoppers say they spotted John Travolta shopping around 2 am. Lol.

There's a mall around here that hubby spent over half an hour trapped in a horrible traffic loop last year near Christmas. He still refuses to shop there... I agree!!

I did not go out. One, I am not shopping at Midnight. 2, Thanksgiving morning I found the items I wanted online already and free shipping whew and to think I almost went in. My mom bought 2 wii's from walmart online and it was free shipping. She also went to the store for other items, and saw no wii's in sight. I am glad I called her in the morning about the wii's..

Wasn't planning on being a part of the mob, until I was told that today was the one and only day of the year that Apple puts their computers on sale. Thankfully it also applied to their online store, as well, so I did my only shopping from my laptop. LoL

I thought I would open a thread for Black Friday media stories and your personal experiences. I avoid them because I am chicken and don't like pain. lol. Here's what's going on where I live.

Shoppers cars towed. Crowd in line at Toys R Us peppered sprayed.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=18222531&title=shoppers-cars-towed-in-orem-

------------------
SuziQ, I am just as blakbababababbablak :hen: as you are.:floorlaugh:. I'm not venturing out at all. They have had power go out at two big stores, WalMart and Target. Walmart allowing shopping with emergency lighting. Can you imagine? Bless all shoppers, play nice!!:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: :seeya:

Wasn't planning on being a part of the mob, until I was told that today was the one and only day of the year that Apple puts their computers on sale. Thankfully it also applied to their online store, as well, so I did my only shopping from my laptop. LoL

That reminds me. I have had some good results from shopping online on Cyber Monday.

That reminds me. I have had some good results from shopping online on Cyber Monday.

Cyber Monday is what I am waiting for! I was busy today trying to be creative with Thanksgiving dinner leftovers!

I do most of my Christmas shopping online.

:innocent:

:eek:

I can't imagine! My boys are grown and we're pre grandchildren-- so we go very light on the gifts the past few years, if at all. We focus on the season with meaningful decoration, music, favorite movies, traditional foods, board games, visits, we might make some gifts(craft of one sort or another) one night if we're so inclined. Wow, I would definitely do all my shopping online if I were to spree.

What have we come to? 'Tis the reason for the season? :waitasec:

They were advertising that you could wait inside the store as an added perk.

Also by getting them in the store before the midnight sale start time the shoppers were bound to do some extra shopping.

Okay, if it's open 24 hours, then why wait until midnight to start the sales???:waitasec: Is the only advantage that people can wait inside the store instead of outside? I think the idea of Black Friday is insane, but I was actually up 'till 1:00, then up 'till 3:30 with insomnia...

I got to the stores about 5 pm yesterday. When I got there most stores were pretty quiet, short lines at Best Buy and Toys R Us. But by 6 pm the lines were getting longer and the stores more crowded.

I was at Walmart to get an X Box, got in line about 7 pm, played cards and talked with the other people in line until 10 pm when I got the X Box. Someone had stolen my cart so had to go right out to put it into the car. Couldn't get back in because the store was so crowded.

Went to Toy R Us and it was after their door busters. The checkout line began at the entrance doors, went to the back of the store, along the back and up the other side. I decided I didn't need anything in there that bad. The mall wasn't as crowded. 2 am we went to the only food place that was open. Steak and shake. Took us 2 hours there, between the line to get in and the wait to get our food. 5:00 am found me at Target well after their doorbusters and they weren't crowded at all. There was a heavy police presence at Walmart, Toys R Us and the Mall.

All together I am almost done with my my Christmas shopping, the people I ran into were in good moods, no problems no issues. And as I said while waiting in line we played cards. So I had a pretty good time.

I get disgusted every year by these stories, and how people lower themselves and fight over THINGS. Last time I checked, there has never been a hearse that has a U-Haul behind it. :crazy: Life is too short to act like this toward each other.

I get disgusted every year by these stories, and how people lower themselves and fight over THINGS. Last time I checked, there has never been a hearse that has a U-Haul behind it. :crazy: Life is too short to act like this toward each other.

Yup. Agreed. People tend to forget: You can't take it with you.

Exactly. It is so ridiculous and stupid. There are plenty of deals after Black Friday.

How Ironic. The term 'Black Friday' originated with the crash of the gold market in 1869.

No more gold...plastic is the new idol. :rolleyes:

I didn't go Christmas shopping; I went to get my hair done. There were quite a few men at the salon. They all stopped dead in their tracks when they saw me and asked, "Why aren't you shopping?" :D

I did go grocery shopping, which I always do on BF because no one else is there.

Crowds spook me.

Everything went fine in this City. The only place that was really crowded (according to the news) was BestBuy. People waited all day Thanksgiving Day in the parking lot playing games, googling, you name it. It was said it is b/c of some huge t.v. at over a $1500 discount.

Nothing else was packed.

I went to WalMart at 3:30, only b/c 2 of my neighbors got home at 2 and started yacking, giggling, and washing clothes! WalMart was not crowded, maybe b/c the discounts were not that great on anything. The only thing I did not see from the ad that was gone was a mini-chopper that was on sale for $2.37, everything else was still stocked sky high. I wandered around, bought a $3 wall clock as I could not see the numbers on the one I have anymore. Left laughing with the extra security that was standing there doing nothing, but checking receipts at the door, at what a big spender I am.

Maybe Target or the mall stores had better deals, IDK, but all the local news stations were showing the parking lots and shoppers at them (they all made a big hub bub about telling everyone when to get there, where to park, etc.. all for nothing), and nothing seemed crowded.

No crime and everyone must have flowed in and out at comfortable paces with the extended hours.

So, since I really didn't shop, hehe, who's going to start a Cyber Monday thread and where the best deals are? :innocent:

Just a reminder: Today is Small Business Saturday. Please...if there is a small business you value that provides good customer service, shop there and stop by today!!!! Small brick and mortar businesses are the backbone of our economy and most are struggling to stay afloat.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy
Back