Black plastic bag..in car & body found in

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
[*]Q71 One black garbage bag with yellow handles taken from garage - north wall, upper shelf, inside cooler (OCSO #H-60498, Item 26 / Q-69)didnt GA take a cooler somewhere? at the begining of this case? its on video somewhere....hmm....i wonder what the black plastic bag was for?

great job sleuth :clap:

Didn't GA take the cooler when he was supposedly going to check out a tip in Georgia? At least, IIRC, that's where he said he was going.:waitasec:

How precise is the term 'consistent' in this context; does it mean that CA's bag is the same make/brand as the bag at the crime scene, or does it go further and mean it comes from the same roll?

Some interesting stuff came out of the FBI lab reports regarding the plastic trash bags. I have not seen it discussed anywhere so I thought I'd bump this thread up and give my thoughts on what it said, whether you want those thoughts or not. :twocents:

The report of interest begins on discovery page 6592. It discusses two general examinations that took place. :detective:

One was an attempt to determine whether the pieces of plastic inside the laundry bag were part of the two bags found outside the laundry bag. I believe this was to simply determine how many garbage bags were used to hide the body...two or more? :mad: One piece was determined to come from one of the bags, but the other was too degraded to draw any conclusion.

The other part of the report discussed whether or not the bags matched any taken during the search of the Anthony home. :waitasec:

Here is an inventory of what was examined:
Q85, Q86 Bags containing Caylee's remains :cry:

Bags taken during Dec. 11 search of Anthony home:

• K32 Black garbage bag with red handles taken from garage - north wall, upper shelf during search (OCSO #H-60498, Item 31 / Q-211)
  • Q71 One black garbage bag with yellow handles taken from garage - north wall, upper shelf, inside cooler (OCSO #H-60498, Item 26 / Q-69)
  • Q72-Q73 Two black garbage bags with yellow handles taken from garage - north wall, upper shelf, inside dog crate (OCSO #H-60498, Item 28 / Q-70)
  • Q74 One black garbage bag with yellow handles taken from garage - south wall, top shelf (OCSO #H-60498, Item 39 / Q-75)
  • Q75 One black garbage bag with yellow handles taken from south shed (OCSO #H-60498, Item 66 / Q-77)
Although several of the bags taken have yellow handles, only one of the bags listed above was found to be consistent with the bags found with Caylee's remains: Q71, which was found inside a cooler. Probably a long-forgotten bag. :bang:

Oh, wait...one other bag was also found to be consistent with the bags found at the crime scene. Something the FBI labeled K31. :waitasec:

My records show K31 was OCSO #H-51975, Item 1 / Q-78. Hmmmm...did not come from a search warrant. Let me see...

The description I have is Black plastic trash bag with yellow handles, used by Cindy to gather up Pontiac contents (backpack, doll, knife, etc) to hand over to police on July 16. :eek:

So Cindy inadvertently gave LE a critical piece of evidence at the very beginning of the case without she (or LE) knowing just how critical it would be.

Way to go, Cindy!! :thumb:
Yup...I remember when Caylee was found that we discussed this bag and wondered if they still had it for comparison. Wasn't HL also caught up in the whole bag/garbage squabble? Thanks for bumping this up...and all your hard work.

I wonder if they kept a couple black garbage bags in the cooler for trash. Usually a cooler is used for food and drink or just ice and drinks when people go some place or have a bar-ba-que at home. It would make sense to put a couple garbage bags inside an empty cooler for the next outing.

Oh, wait...one other bag was also found to be consistent with the bags found at the crime scene. Something the FBI labeled K31. :waitasec:

My records show K31 was OCSO #H-51975, Item 1 / Q-78. Hmmmm...did not come from a search warrant. Let me see...

The description I have is Black plastic trash bag with yellow handles, used by Cindy to gather up Pontiac contents (backpack, doll, knife, etc) to hand over to police on July 16. :eek:

So Cindy inadvertently gave LE a critical piece of evidence at the very beginning of the case without she (or LE) knowing just how critical it would be.

Way to go, Cindy!! :thumb:
*snipped*
Thanks, JWG. Nice piece of work! :clap:

Makes sense too, IMHO, that a bag available to Cindy to use in the collection of items outta the Pontiac 7/15 - simply based on that event being closer in time to the use of bags for disposal week of 6/16 - would stand a better chance of matching. IOW...if the remaining bags from that box/lot/whatever were either (a) consumed as they normally would have been, or (b) intentionally discarded before consumption, it seems reasonable that they would be replaced with the same type/brand (e.g. yellow handles) based on shopping habits.

Since you've done the homework, are the FBI results explicit about any unique markers (e.g. striations during extrusion of the bags? Specific composition profile?)? Or are these pretty basic composition, etc. test results? IOW...at what level can the results be used to exclude other bags? For example, Brand 'a' vs. Brand 'b' or lot-to-lot-within Brand 'x'.

Thanks for all the time & effort invested, and, for sharing your results in a way that's so easy to follow...so we all benefit :thumb:

*snipped*
Thanks, JWG. Nice piece of work! :clap:

Makes sense too, IMHO, that a bag available to Cindy to use in the collection of items outta the Pontiac 7/15 - simply based on that event being closer in time to the use of bags for disposal week of 6/16 - would stand a better chance of matching. IOW...if the remaining bags from that box/lot/whatever were either (a) consumed as they normally would have been, or (b) intentionally discarded before consumption, it seems reasonable that they would be replaced with the same type/brand (e.g. yellow handles) based on shopping habits.

Since you've done the homework, are the FBI results explicit about any unique markers (e.g. striations during extrusion of the bags? Specific composition profile?)? Or are these pretty basic composition, etc. test results? IOW...at what level can the results be used to exclude other bags? For example, Brand 'a' vs. Brand 'b' or lot-to-lot-within Brand 'x'.

Thanks for all the time & effort invested, and, for sharing your results in a way that's so easy to follow...so we all benefit :thumb:

By "consistent", they were of the same size, design and color. There was a lack of individual identifying characteristics for them to conclude whether or not the bags were ever attached to each other.

Does not sound like much at first reading, but I will say that the other black trash bags with yellow handles were concluded to have different enough class characteristics for the FBI to say they were dissimilar to the crime scene bags.

We won't hear the details of this examination until trial, I am afraid.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva
Back